JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish

Author Topic: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 11/26/14) [COMPLETE]  (Read 148952 times)

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 11/28)
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 03:03:18 AM »
haha, LOL cute for a first meeting XD
kawaii~ <3
cnt wait for chap 5

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 04:22:24 AM »
Reina's uncle > Reina's dad

And late student? Let's see, who'd be late...

Eri. XD Not to mention she's shy and absent minded sometimes (holding the bag upside-down). I look forward to your next chapter.  Things are developing interestingly. (<-- If that's a word...)

Offline momosu_1

• TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 04:32:58 AM »
 Eri?Eri?Eri? :shocked:

the "late student" was Eri??? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
"A Turtle Just For KAMEI"

TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
Morning Musume ikimasshoi!!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:41 AM »

CHAPTER 5

“Remember, don’t get into too much trouble. I would hate to see you get expelled on your first day.”

I nod, too focused on my tamagoyaki to speak. From the corner of my eye I can see my uncle pacing back and forth while talking to me. He was running late for work today. He’s fun to watch as he zips back and forth frantically. I take another bite from my omelet. He comes back in fixing his tie, and looks around. He must have lost something. Yuka hops on the table while I watch my uncle in amusement.

“Have you seen my watch?” He looks to me.

“On top of the TV.”

He walks out to the living room and spots it. I look to Yuka and push her away from trying to eat my food. I’m really not looking forward to school.

“Thank you.” He enters the kitchen again, the watch on his wrist. “I’ll be back at nine. I expect you to be back home before I am.” He grabs his tea from the counter. His eyes settle to Yuka. She’s on the table playing with my finger. He laughs.

“She really likes you.”

I pick up the last piece of tamagoyaki with my chopsticks and eat it. I look to my uncle still playing with Yuka. He laughs.

“I think she’s more affection with you than me and I’m her owner. I don’t know if I should be jealous.”

I smile. He waves goodbye before leaving. I put my hand down. Yuka looks to me wanting to play some more, but I have to go. I don’t want to be late for the train. I grab my plate and put it in the sink. Yuka begins to meow and follow me. I take my bag and head to the door.

“Hey, I have to go to school now. I’ll come back later, I promise.” I stroke her back then leave. My first day of an all girl school, I really have no idea how that will turn out.

Ok, the first day of school sucks! First, I was late for school, and then late for my first class. After that, it was just a spiraling effect. The teachers got to see a nasty side of me today and well…I wouldn’t be surprised if I was either suspended or had detention. I hate this place so much! I’ll have to talk with my uncle tonight. Oh and I also made NO friends. I’m just glad to be home now! I flop down face first on my bed.

“I hate my life! This new school sucks.” For a while I just lay in bed still. I don’t want to do anything, but go home to my parents. Gently, I feel Yuka jump up and lay on my back. Her cold nose and prickly whiskers tickle the back of my neck. Maybe she wants to play again. So I roll on my back and look up into round, big, green eyes. I smile as Yuka looks down at me curiously.

I grab her by the sides with both hands and life her straight into the air. She stays stiff as soon as I lift her. I had to laugh at how scared she was for that second.

“Are you hungry?”

I place her down on the bed; exit my room and head to the kitchen. What should I eat before I do my homework? Something with meat in it I think. I scratch my head. I really want to go back home.

“Reina?”

I open my eyes tiredly. I must have fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV. My uncle turns it off and I sit up with Yuka still in my arms. He was home later than he said he would be. It’s almost close to eleven.

“Did you do your homework?”

He walks to the kitchen and takes his coat off. I nod, rubbing my tired eyes.

“Did you eat?”

“Yeah.” I’ll just cut straight to the chase. Screw the small talk. “I want to change schools.”

“And why is that?”

He just won’t make it easy will he? He never said questions would be asked. I turn around; my uncle is standing in the kitchen doorway looking at me. He takes a sip from his cup waiting for my answer. Only, I don’t say anything, so he does.

“Is it because you have no friends yet? Or that you feel the teachers are out to get you? Or maybe they’re giving you a hard time?”

What is he doing? He said if I didn’t like the school he would take me out. He didn’t say I need reasons for me to leave. He didn’t stick to his word! There goes another person that let’s me down. But he’s right about all that. For once someone does understand me.

“I’ll still take you out.”

My eyes come back up to look him in the face. He must have read my mind. He has my attention now.

“I was just wondering why should you change so suddenly. If those really are the reason why, do you think they’re worth getting frustrated over or leaving?”

He walks over to the couch and takes a seat next to me. What does he mean? What’s his whole point of this? He looks me in the eyes.

“First days are always tough. Not in just schools either. And I’m not saying you need a good reason to leave or an excuse. In fact you shouldn’t have those; they make you look bad. I just want you to think over your choices carefully, before looking for the easy way out. Give this school another try. If tomorrow you’re still not happy, I’ll stick to my promise.”

I have to do another day at that school? I don’t think I can handle it. But if my uncle does stick to his promise, what will another day there do to me? I could give it another try I guess.

“Ok, only tomorrow and that’s it.” I give him a wear look. He nods.

“Get into bed, you still have school.” He motions to the hall. I place Yuka on the ground and go to my room. The next day better go a lot nicer than this day.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 11/29)
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:23 AM »
Reina's dad = Nice, understanding guy. I feel better now. :D

Hehehe...I "wonder" what's going to happen during her second day. :mon misch:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 06:27:30 AM »
Already?  :P

CHAPTER 5
I pick up the last piece of tamagoyaki with my chopsticks and eat it. I look to my uncle still playing with Yuka. He laughs.

“I think she’s more affection with you than me and I’m her owner. I don’t know if I should be jealous.”
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :wub:

Ok, the first day of school sucks! First, I was late for school, and then late for my first class. After that, it was just a spiraling effect. The teachers got to see a nasty side of me today and well…I wouldn’t be surprised if I was either suspended or had detention.
Ugh. That's not encouraging. :(

For a while I just lay in bed still. I don’t want to do anything, but go home to my parents. Gently, I feel Yuka jump up and lay on my back. Her cold nose and prickly whiskers tickle the back of my neck. Maybe she wants to play again. So I roll on my back and look up into round, big, green eyes. I smile as Yuka looks down at me curiously.
* JFC flashes back to the pics in Reina's 'Shoujo R' PB where she has the kitty on her back. ;D

Screw the small talk. “I want to change schools.”

“And why is that?”

He just won’t make it easy will he? He never said questions would be asked. I turn around; my uncle is standing in the kitchen doorway looking at me.
Well, technically he IS still responsible for her, so it's only right that he should have an idea of why he's doing what he's doing. Besides, he's not a doormat nor her servant who's job it is to cater to Reina's every whim.

*UNCLE'S PEP-TALK*
Wow, he's a bachelor, yet he's got very good "parental" instincts. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
osam!!!!  :lol: :lol:
lol, Reina bitching off her first day of school! XD
nyahaha.
osam.  :cow:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »
CHAPTER 6

The second day of school was going well so far. I wasn’t late for any classes or coming here and the teachers weren’t yelling at me either. That made me happy. I hope to keep my day clean of teachers shoving things down my throat. Now I was on my way to lunch and that meant school was almost over. That was something I looked forward to the most. As I turn the corner leading to the hall, some girl came running and slams right into me. I stumble back at the impact, but the girl crashes to the ground with her books across the floor.

“Argh, watch where you’re going! Don’t you know better than to run down the halls?”

The girl quickly got up and grabs her books.

“I’m sorry.”

Wait…I’ve heard that voice before. She gets the last of her books and looks up at me nervously. Yes it’s her! It’s the girl that was running late for school two days ago. My body suddenly went cold when I remembered. I’m nervous all over again.

“Uh…no it’s fine. I’m sorry for being so mean. Are you ok?”

“I’ll be ok. Accidents like that happen to me a lot.”

She looks away and hugs her books tighter. She’s really shy, gee. But that only makes her cuter.

“I should go. I’m meeting my friends for lunch.”

Maybe I can get to know her better.

“I’m going there too. Come on I’ll walk you.”

She shifts and looks unsure about my offer. I won’t bite, at least not now. She shakes her head.

“It’s ok. I really have to go now.”

And I feel a little disappointed. I’m not sure if I feel disappointed that we can’t have lunch together or that I probably won’t get to see her again. There’s something about her, I like. I mask any emotions and speak.

“Um…ok, I’ll see you another time.”

She bows her head and makes a dash to leave. There she goes again and I didn’t even get her name this time.

“Eri!”

I look down the left side of the hall. There’s a group of girls at the end waving. I look back to the girl that bumped into me and see she stopped walking and waves back. There goes her name.

“Eri?” I say to myself quietly

The girls hurry down the hall to her. Another girl, with pigtails in her hair is the first to give Eri a big hug. These must be the friends she was talking about.

“We were waiting for you! You’re always late, so we came looking for you.”

Eri puts on a bright smile. It’s a really cute smile too. I can feel a small smile coming on my face just looking at it.

“I’m fine Sayu. You don’t always have to worry about me so much.”  She looks to the other two girls I don’t know. “Hi Ai, Risa, sorry I took so long.”

“It’s no big deal. Let’s just go eat now.” Risa suggests

I look at the two of them and see that they’re both holding hands. Two GIRLS are holding hands! Strangely enough though, that doesn’t bother me so much. It just surprises me, but I even get over that.

“Yes let’s eat already, please?! I’m hungry.” Ai frowns and holds her stomach. They all agree and start walking until Sayu notices me. I was wondering if any of them would notice me. I felt like I was a ghost a few seconds ago.

“Hey, Eri who’s this?” She looks me over carefully and a little smirk comes to her face. Ok, she’s kind of scaring me. She walks over and stands WAY too close for comfort!

“Ano…I didn’t get her name.” Eri scratches her head a little embarrassed. My attention goes back to Sayu. I’m worried. She looks like she’s planning something up her sleeve. She wraps herself around my arm and puts on this cute face. I just hope that’s her only plan.

“What’s your name?” She asks in the cutest yet almost seducing voice

Is she hitting on me?! I can’t even talk now. My brain just froze on me. You idiot say something! Sayu draws little circles on my bare arm with her other hand. My skin gets chills. Stupid body betraying me! I think I’m gonna freak out. Sayu presses her body fully against my arm. Ok now I KNOW I’m gonna freak out!

“You’re cute.” She tucks a piece of black hair behind her ear and smiles again. “Not as cute as me of course.”

“Sayu you’re scaring her! Let her go.” Risa demands

Yes! Thank you for saving me. I think I’m going to like her. Sayu sighs and lets me go. I let out a deep sigh I never knew I was holding. Sayu frowns.

“I was only joking with her! She stomps away. I don’t think she’ll be done with me yet.

“Yeah sure you were.” Ai chuckles. She looks at me in question.
“Maybe we should start over? I’m Takahashi Ai. This is my girlfriend, Niigaki Risa.” They both wave at me. They seem so happy to be next to each other.

“I’m Tanaka Reina, nice to meet you.” I feel a little calmer now. I’ll just have to keep an eye on Sayu.

“And I’m Michishige Sayumi! You can call me Sayu if you’d like.” She winks at me. Ok! I feel something again and it isn’t fear this time. I look away blushing a little. Curse these bad thoughts of mine!

“Don’t mind Sayu. Sometimes she gets a little…girl crazy.” Risa laughs. That doesn’t make me feel any better! Can anymore strange girls come across my way?!

“Kamei-san are you ok?”

Every looks to Eri, I kind of forgot she was here. She’s so quiet! She nods her head looking at the young girl in front of her. Eri looks sad. That’s weird; she wasn’t like that before. Our eyes lock again and the second it did, she looks away and puts on a happy face. Was she sad? Or maybe she was jealous. What could she possibly be jealous over?! And where did that other girl come from?!

“I’m fine Koharu.”

Great! More strange people to meet and something tells me it isn’t’ the end of it either. Koharu looks at me and gives me a big smile.

“Hi! I’m Kusumi Koharu. You’re the new girl everyone was talking about right?”

People were talking about me?! If I find out they said bad things they’re gonna get it! Koharu laughs bringing me from my murderous thoughts.

“They don’t say bad things. It’s just they’re making it a big deal because you transferred from Fukuoka. They think all the girls from there are tough or something.”

Then she wraps me into a hug. This is a little strange now and very unexpected. I look at her and smile. Well…she is cute. So it’ll be ok for now.

"Koharu...where did you come from?" Looks like Sayu is curious too.

Koharu lets me go and looks at Sayu a little bashfully. She is blushing?

"I was on my way to lunch too. I saw you all talking so I came to say hi, but then I saw how upset Kamei-san looked."

She looks down with her hands behind her back and sways side to side. Why is suddenly so shy? She was hugging me just a few seconds ago. And Eri was sad after all. I wonder on what.

“Can we eat now before lunch is over?!”

I look over to an angry Ai. My stomach growls on it’s own. I have to agree with her. I could use food too.

“Come on let’s hurry. There’s only a few minutes left and you all need your energy to make it through the day.” Risa leads the group down the hall. The girls laugh.

“Niigaki-san, you sound like my mother.” Koharu giggles

I smile too. She isn’t wrong about that. I think I’m going to like this group of friends. This is…if they’ve accepted me as their friend.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:50:28 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline tay

Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 11/30)
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »
Excellent chapter

I am with the sensation of that Eri was sad because Koharu was close to Reina
 :heart: Takagaki  :heart:
finally Reina obtained to make friendships
 :lol: Reina already this with boredom in as the day of school 

great work ~~ Gambare~~
s2 TanaKame s2 / s2 TakaGaki s2

Credits for sig  anuskyna

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
Aha!! There's the whole gang. ;) And it comes with TakaGaki included! xD And a few other problems, but we'll see how those end up.  Eri's sad? :( I gotta look a bit further into this to figure out just why. *nods to self* As far as I can see, nothing to be sad about...just yet. Unless she was sad/jealous that Sayu was flirting/being odd with Reina? ._.?

You update quickly, good job! xD I wish I could update as fast as you. But nooo...stupid school. :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:34 AM »
CHAPTER 6
As I turn the corner leading to the hall, some girl came running and slams right into me. I stumble back at the impact, but the girl crashes to the ground with her books across the floor.
Mystery girl from the other day?  :w00t:

“Argh, watch where you’re going! Don’t you know better than to run down the halls?”

The girl quickly got up and grabs her books.

“I’m sorry.”

Wait…I’ve heard that voice before. She gets the last of her books and looks up at me nervously. Yes it’s her! It’s the girl that was running late for school two days ago. My body suddenly went cold when I remembered. I’m nervous all over again.

“Uh…no it’s fine. I’m sorry for being so mean. Are you ok?”

“I’ll be ok. Accidents like that happen to me a lot.”
Reina = :scolding:
Eri = :kneelbow:
Reina = :mon innocent:
Eri = :mon sweat:

She looks away and hugs her books tighter. She’s really shy, gee. But that only makes her cuter.
Eri = :gmon shy:
Reina = :wriggly:

“I should go. I’m meeting my friends for lunch.”

Maybe I can get to know her better.

“I’m going there too. Come on I’ll walk you.”

She shifts and looks unsure about my offer. I won’t bite, at least not now. She shakes her head.

“It’s ok. I really have to go now.”

And I feel a little disappointed. I’m not sure if I feel disappointed that we can’t have lunch together or that I probably won’t get to see her again. There’s something about her, I like. I mask any emotions and speak.

“Um…ok, I’ll see you another time.”
Hmmmmm...could it be that word has spread amongst the student body about who Reina is and why she's in their school? Old reps have a bad habit of turning up when you really don't need them too.

She bows her head and makes a dash to leave. There she goes again and I didn’t even get her name this time.

“Eri!”
Score! We have a name (which I correctly guessed in my previous post)! :rockon:

“Eri?” I say to myself quietly

The girls hurry down the hall to her. Another girl, with pigtails in her hair is the first to give Eri a big hug. These must be the friends she was talking about.
Pigtails?

Sayu. Gotta be. :yep:

Eri puts on a bright smile. It’s a really cute smile too. I can feel a small smile coming on my face just looking at it.
Eri = :D
Reina = :oops:

“I’m fine Sayu. You don’t always have to worry about me so much.”  She looks to the other two girls I don’t know. “Hi Ai, Risa, sorry I took so long.”
Heeeeeeeeeeeey, the gang's all here. :cow:

*SAYU FLIRTS WITH REINA*
:twisted:

“Maybe we should start over? I’m Takahashi Ai. This is my girlfriend, Niigaki Risa.” They both wave at me. They seem so happy to be next to each other.
Well Reina, she DID just tell you that Risa's her GF. ;D

“And I’m Michishige Sayumi! You can call me Sayu if you’d like.” She winks at me. Ok! I feel something again and it isn’t fear this time. I look away blushing a little. Curse these bad thoughts of mine!
Bad thoughts FTW!
:wahaha:

“Don’t mind Sayu. Sometimes she gets a little…girl crazy.” Risa laughs. That doesn’t make me feel any better! Can anymore strange girls come across my way?!

“Kamei-san are you ok?”

Every looks to Eri, I kind of forgot she was here. She’s so quiet! She nods her head looking at the young girl in front of her. Eri looks sad. That’s weird; she wasn’t like that before. Our eyes lock again and the second it did, she looks away and puts on a happy face. Was she sad? Or maybe she was jealous. What could she possibly be jealous over?!
Hmmmm...Eri? Jealous? Question is, if she is, then of whom? :?

“Hi! I’m Kusumi Koharu. You’re the new girl everyone was talking about right?”

People were talking about me?! If I find out they said bad things they’re gonna get it! Koharu laughs bringing me from my murderous thoughts.

“They don’t say bad things. It’s just they’re making it a big deal because you transferred from Fukuoka. They think all the girls from there are tough or something.”
Oh, looks like they might not already know about Reina's story.   :grin:

“Come on let’s hurry. There’s only a few minutes left and you all need your energy to make it through the day.” Risa leads the group down the hall. The girls laugh.

“Niigaki-san, you sound like my mother.” Koharu giggles
* JFC flashes back to the 2008.07.20 ep of HM@.  8)

I smile too. She isn’t wrong about that. I think I’m going to like this group of friends. This is…if they’ve accepted me as their friend.
Guess this gives Reina a juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit of a reason to stay.
:hee:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 03:01:41 AM »
Yay!!! Reina (kinda) makes friends! I love that you incorporated so many Morning Musume members.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 03:18:07 AM »
lalala, she met Kamei again~
haha, lol at Sayu being girl crazy!!!  XD
moar charcters~ foo~  :lol:
cnt wait. :P

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 09:39:32 AM »
Chapter 4

Then the strange girl just ran off without saying goodbye.

That just screams out Eri :lol:

I'm too excited so I hit the reply button before I even read all the new updates XD How do you do it??? You're so quick it's unbelievable and it's so awesome since it means I get to read more :D Lemme go read the next 2 chapters and I'll be back to edit the comment.

EDIT:

Chapter 5

School does suck but somehow I think the working world would suck even more. So be thankful you're still studying Reina :P

Chapter 6

“Hey, Eri who’s this?” She looks me over carefully and a little smirk comes to her face.

I totally guessed Sayu was interested in Reina when I read that and boy was I right. But "girl crazy"? What a way to describe her :lol: oh and Takagaki =  :heart:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:44:03 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »
How do you do it??? You're so quick it's unbelievable

Lol I don't know I just get ideas quickly I guess and I have to just get them down. Sadly though the next chapter will be coming late because I ran out an idea to start the chapter off. So everyone just wait little to read if you don't mind.

But "girl crazy"?

Yep...girl crazy. Something that might not suit her but I like to put things out of their usual character all the time.

The next chapter I'll try to work hard on posting hopefully it will be soon. Until then...stay tuned. Sounds like a TV show doesn't it? hehe  :P oh well just keep a look out for my fic is all!  :D

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »
 :muffin:

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
i loooooove it :wub: :cow:

sayu is so... LOL  XD XD XD

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »
Ok just when I annouced I was having trouble making an update THIS comes right out of my head! It took me a little longer to get the idea and then of course write it, but it was there and I was finally able to put it on paper. I hope this is good enough and that everything isn't too rushed or makese no sense I am trying my best. Please everyone, leave a comment.

CHAPTER 7

My second day at school couldn’t be any better. I made myself a new group of friends; ones that I’m sure won’t stab me in the back or get me into a bunch of trouble with cops. And yes they’re a little at times crazy, but I’m really starting to like having them sticking around. I can’t say much about Eri though. She just is so quiet and when she speaks; she doesn’t say anything bigger than one sentence or one word. Maybe she’ll open up with time. Ai and Risa are very kind; they’re so cute together too. They’re like the adults of the group; Risa being the most mature. Koharu…is there NOT a second when she blanks out? That girl is a ball of energy! Sayu…don’t get me started on her! She flirts with me almost every second she gets. I really have nothing else to say about her. After school Ai asked me if I could hang out with her and everyone else, but I couldn’t go. I had too much homework to do. So here I am entering my apartment with a weeks worth of homework that’s all due tomorrow.

“Yuka, I’m home.” I walk inside looking around. She must be napping. I better start my homework now. I take a seat on the table and take out my books. As I look through my books I begin to smile. I can’t wait for the next day of school.

My uncle got home earlier this time and he brought food with him. It’s better than having to cook. He says hi and places the bag on the table. I had just finished my homework too. He has great timing.

“How was school?” He speaks casual about it, but I know what he really wants to hear. I just won’t give him that though.

“It went well. I made new friends today.” I open the bag curious to what’s inside.

“That’s good. There were no problems with teachers either?”

He takes a seat across from me. I shake my head. He brought sushi. I guess that isn’t so bad. I dig inside to empty the bag.

“Let’s just hope things stay that way with you.”

I nod. We both know how much trouble loves to find me. Together we eat in silence after that. He didn’t ask if I wanted to still change schools the whole time. I’m kind of glad he didn’t. I was done eating in twenty minutes and decided to go to bed when I was done.

“Goodnight Reina.”

My uncle doesn’t say anything else. I give a faint smile and say my goodnight. Tonight I can sleep in peace, because things are really starting to look up.

School went by quicker than I expected the next day and that’s really a good thing. Because today was Friday and that meant I didn’t have to worry about essays, reports, or projects that needed to be handed the next day, or have to study for tests. Today I could just be home and relax. I didn’t have to worry about anything, until it was Monday that is. I stuffed all my things into my locker and made a hasty dash for the front door.

“Reina!”

I turn around. Koharu was waving at me with both hands and was jumping. Like I said; she’s a ball of energy that kid. She sure can yell too, she’s across the street standing right in the middle of the sidewalk. And I was able to hear her clearly. I walk over to see what all the yelling is about.

“What’s up?”

She scratches the back of her head not knowing what to say next.

“Uh…I really have nothing to say. Takahashi-san just told me to call you over.”

I look behind her, there’s no one here. This doesn’t make really that much sense.

“Where is she?”

A car beeps behind me and I jump a good two feet off the ground. Koharu laughs and waves to the person inside. It’s Ai, she’s with Risa and Sayu’s in the back seat. Risa lowers her side of the window.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you!” Ai chuckles from the driver seat. I glare at her. She controls her laughing to talk again.
“Do you want to hang out with us today?”

I feel myself nearly skip for joy. Does this mean I’m a part of their group now? We’re friends now? She looks at me when I didn’t answer right away. I was just still in surprise that she asked me again to join them.

“Yeah sure.” I quickly agree

“Ok good, we just need to wait for Eri to come out. Come inside, you too Koharu.”

Before I go into the car I make sure to have Koharu sit in the middle of Sayu and me. If I sit next to Sayu I have no idea what she would do or where her wondering hands will go. But when Koharu gets in the middle; her whole attitude changes. She looks a little uncomfortable. What is up with people? Do I make people sad or uncomfortable when they’re around me? I lean a little to the left to look to Ai and Risa. They’re happily holding hands smiling at one another just waiting peacefully. They’re not affected. Maybe it isn’t me. Maybe I’m missing something.

“There’s Eri.” Ai announces and opens her window. “Hey can you come with us this time?”

Eri pauses for a second thinking. What’s there to think about?! We’re all going out to have a fun and great time. That’s something I would say yes to right away!

“I’m sorry I can’t. I have to be home again. My father needs me.”

I feel disappointed all over again. I was really looking forward to having Eri come along. I needed someone to talk to while Risa and Ai cat all couple-y, Sayu would just try to flirt with me, and Koharu was just too young for me to have a conversation with.

“We understand you don’t have to worry. We can try another time.”

Eri looks sad. She must have really wanted to go. What can possible be going on at home if it’s holding her back from being with her friends? It must have happened many times before because everyone seems to not be so down about this as me. Me on the other hand…I want to just pull her right into the car against her own will and have Ai speed off. I knew that really isn’t a good idea, and it is a little dangerous.

“I hope things get better at home Eri. We’ll call you to come hang out tomorrow.” Risa waves a goodbye. She’s always being her concerned self.

Eri puts on a faint smile and goes back to walking. I watch her walk away until Ai puts the car into drive and Eri’s gone from my view. I sit back properly, sitting in silence. It didn’t take long until I couldn’t take it anymore and just had to ask what was on my mind.

“What’s going on with Eri at home?”

Everyone exchanges glances at one another. I should have just kept my mouth shut, but it’s too late now. Ai looks at me through the rear view mirror.

“You’ll have to ask Eri that on your own, but if you do…don’t expect her to answer back so quickly.”

That didn’t answer my question in the slightest way! I’m more curious. Is something bad is going on with Eri? If she needs help why aren’t they helping her?! Some friends she has. Risa turns around.

“I’m sorry that’s all we can tell you. This really is Eri’s business we’re talking about and she trust us to not tell just anyone about this.”

All I can do is nod. If I try and beg what they know out of them that would make me look bad. It would also make me lose them as friends and I don’t really want that after I just became their friend. I’ll just have to talk to Eri about this, but not just yet. I barely know her to ask. It’s quiet again after that. That is until Koharu breaks it.

“Takahashi-san, where are we going?”

“We’re going to a karaoke place.”

What! Karaoke?! I don’t sing! Well…I do, but that’s in the shower and no one is supposed to know that! There’s no way I’m going there to make a fool of myself. Nope, my mind is set!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/1)
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 01:42:37 AM »
Aw, I was kinda hoping Eri would go and that there wouldn't be enough seats so she'd have to sit on "someone"s lap. xD But poor Eri... I wonder what's up at home? :(

Lawl... karaoke. I wonder how Reina's gonna find her way outta this one.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/1)
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 05:06:07 AM »
CHAPTER 7
*REINA TALKS ABOUT THE OTHERS*
Awwwwwwww...:oops:

My uncle got home earlier this time and he brought food with him. It’s better than having to cook. He says hi and places the bag on the table. I had just finished my homework too. He has great timing.

“How was school?” He speaks casual about it, but I know what he really wants to hear. I just won’t give him that though.

“It went well. I made new friends today.” I open the bag curious to what’s inside.

We both know how much trouble loves to find me. Together we eat in silence after that. He didn’t ask if I wanted to still change schools the whole time. I’m kind of glad he didn’t. I was done eating in twenty minutes and decided to go to bed when I was done.
If he had asked, one almost wonders whether Reina might have actually gone through with asking him to pull her out. Would she have done it out of some sense of obligation to what she had said/felt the previous day? Would she have been able to admit to him that she might have jumped the gun a bit?

“Reina!”

I turn around. Koharu was waving at me with both hands and was jumping. Like I said; she’s a ball of energy that kid. She sure can yell too, she’s across the street standing right in the middle of the sidewalk. And I was able to hear her clearly. I walk over to see what all the yelling is about.

“What’s up?”

She scratches the back of her head not knowing what to say next.

“Uh…I really have nothing to say. Takahashi-san just told me to call you over.”
Koharu = :mon blowhorn:
Reina = :gmon hi:
Koharu = :dunno:

*AICHAN ASKS REINA TO HANG OUT WITH THEM*
Reina on the outside = :)
Reina on the inside =  :w00t:

Before I go into the car I make sure to have Koharu sit in the middle of Sayu and me. If I sit next to Sayu I have no idea what she would do or where her wondering hands will go.
Smart move. XD

But when Koharu gets in the middle; her whole attitude changes. She looks a little uncomfortable. What is up with people? Do I make people sad or uncomfortable when they’re around me?
Something tells me that Koharu's issues are a bit more complicated than just that. :O

“There’s Eri.” Ai announces and opens her window. “Hey can you come with us this time?”

Eri pauses for a second thinking. What’s there to think about?! We’re all going out to have a fun and great time. That’s something I would say yes to right away!

“I’m sorry I can’t. I have to be home again. My father needs me.”

Eri looks sad. She must have really wanted to go. What can possible be going on at home if it’s holding her back from being with her friends? It must have happened many times before because everyone seems to not be so down about this as me.
Hmmmmm....her father? Eri's life outside of school might be a bit more complicated/involved than what you'd usually see in your typical teenager. :?

I watch her walk away until Ai puts the car into drive and Eri’s gone from my view. I sit back properly, sitting in silence. It didn’t take long until I couldn’t take it anymore and just had to ask what was on my mind.

“What’s going on with Eri at home?”

Everyone exchanges glances at one another. I should have just kept my mouth shut, but it’s too late now. Ai looks at me through the rear view mirror.

“You’ll have to ask Eri that on your own, but if you do…don’t expect her to answer back so quickly.”

That didn’t answer my question in the slightest way! I’m more curious. Is something bad is going on with Eri? If she needs help why aren’t they helping her?! Some friends she has. Risa turns around.

“I’m sorry that’s all we can tell you. This really is Eri’s business we’re talking about and she trust us to not tell just anyone about this.”
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah. Definitely something significant going on in Eri's life. :o

It’s quiet again after that. That is until Koharu breaks it.

“Takahashi-san, where are we going?”

“We’re going to a karaoke place.”

What! Karaoke?! I don’t sing! Well…I do, but that’s in the shower and no one is supposed to know that! There’s no way I’m going there to make a fool of myself. Nope, my mind is set!
Well, a karaoke room is small enough that the acoustics are sort of similar to a shower/bathroom. Ergo, Reina should be fine with singing.  Besides, something tells me the others aren't going to let her get away with just observing.
:wahaha:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish