JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Swear

Author Topic: (Band) SCANDAL  (Read 401200 times)

Offline spec8

• Member+
Re: (Band) SCANDAL
« Reply #800 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
Scandal Vevo channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SCANDAL4VEVO

Source: Scandal-Thaifan (again :P)

Offline stonebridge

• Member+
« Reply #801 on: May 08, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
it's now 8 months since i first discovered Scandal, and it's given me time to listen to the songs and come up with a list of my favourites.

1. Scandal Baby
 2. Aitai
 3. Everybody Say Yeah
 4. Switch
 5. Pride
 6. Playboy Part 2
 7. Hi-Hi-Hi
 8. Shunkan Sentimental
 9. Doll
10. Shoujo S

as you can see most of the songs are from Temptation Box, which i think is still there best album.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #802 on: May 08, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
What is J-POP? ~ Exposing the myth of Japanese Music Phenomenon
By Marty Friedman

There‟s another group called Scandal, 4 girls who play rock music and they wear school uniforms. I think that‟s going to be a great thing in America because you never think of cute girls playing rock. You think of tough girls with tattoos and piercings and such, that image is not unusual. But it is very unusual to see very serious, good student kind of girls playing heavy rock. I think is just the type of thing that will wake a lot of Americans up. In the 90s, Shonen-Knife toured with Nirvana. Nirvana saw how cool they were because these were three tiny Japanese secretaries playing punk rock. If I just hear that description, I immediately want to go see them from the description alone. There‟s a lot of groups in Japan that could be doing stuff like that in the future and Scandal is one of them. So I always get behind them and talk about them outside of Japan.

Full transcript: http://t.co/y8lmxyGD

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #803 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:43 AM »
By Marty Friedman

There‟s another group called Scandal, 4 girls who play rock music and they wear school uniforms. I think that‟s going to be a great thing in America because you never think of cute girls playing rock. You think of tough girls with tattoos and piercings and such, that image is not unusual. But it is very unusual to see very serious, good student kind of girls playing heavy rock. I think is just the type of thing that will wake a lot of Americans up. In the 90s, Shonen-Knife toured with Nirvana. Nirvana saw how cool they were because these were three tiny Japanese secretaries playing punk rock. If I just hear that description, I immediately want to go see them from the description alone. There‟s a lot of groups in Japan that could be doing stuff like that in the future and Scandal is one of them. So I always get behind them and talk about them outside of Japan.

Heavy rock?  :? This guy sounded clueless. I think SCANDAL is more of a pop group that plays a bit louder than typical. Their music mix is pretty much like boyband/ girlband groups in the late 90's.This guy seemed to be into the cuteness of these female groups (SCANDAL, AKB48, Perfume...) before their musical aspects  :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:37:31 AM by yupyupyup »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »
By Marty Friedman

Heavy rock?  :? This guy sounded clueless. I think SCANDAL is more of a pop group that plays a bit louder than typical. Their music mix is pretty much like boyband/ girlband groups in the late 90's.This guy seemed to be into the cuteness of these female groups (SCANDAL, AKB48, Perfume...) before their musical aspects  :P

"This guy sounded clueless."

Read the entire article, and read Marty Friedman's bio as well......"clueless" is not a fair description of Marty Friedman at all- he is doing a great job in promoting Japanese music to the world, and has a unique viewpoint that very few musicians will ever have.....but yeah, of course he digs the cuteness   :w00t: :drool: :cow:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #805 on: May 10, 2012, 01:22:08 AM »
The article is a very good read, and I think Marty's viewpoint explains why many of us who aren't living in Japan like Jpop so much. He didn't say SCANDAL plays heavy rock, he was simply stating SCANDAL's aesthetic is really cool to see. Also, they're hot, so yeah.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #806 on: May 10, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
Since we're on the subject of SCANDAL, great post by YouTuber bagusbjelkenstedt

Offline stonebridge

• Member+
« Reply #807 on: May 10, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »
brilliant song and video, thanks for posting this.
Since we're on the subject of SCANDAL, great post by YouTuber bagusbjelkenstedt

SCANDAL★BAND -「YUMEMIRU KORO WO SUGITE MO」.MP4

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
« Reply #808 on: May 11, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
Wow...Marty Freidman - former member of MEGADETH - being called clueless about rock music. I've seen it all now! :P

Visit my Anime/movie/WWE review blog: MIB's Instant Headache

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #809 on: May 12, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »
Before you guys jump on a band wagon and criticize me... I said that he seemed clueless with saying SCANDAL playing heavy rock. This is the thread about SCANDAL, is this not?

Just because the guy was in a rock band, whatever he said about rock is correct... Yeah, right! I've seen it all now  :O2
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:43:50 AM by yupyupyup »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #810 on: May 12, 2012, 02:48:47 AM »
Before you guys jump on a band wagon and criticize me... I said that he seemed clueless with saying SCANDAL playing heavy rock. This is the thread about SCANDAL, is this not? Duh!

Yupyupyup- I understood that you were specifically talking about him saying they were heavy rock, and yeah, SCANDAL are more like a blend of rock and pop......I enjoy your posts, and the more fans we can generate for this thread and for SCANDAL, the better!!
Check out the Guitar club at this school- SCANDAL inspiring more girl rockers is awesome!!!

:yossi: :yossi: :yossi:

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
« Reply #811 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
Before you guys jump on a band wagon and criticize me... I said that he seemed clueless with saying SCANDAL playing heavy rock. This is the thread about SCANDAL, is this not?

Just because the guy was in a rock band, whatever he said about rock is correct... Yeah, right! I've seen it all now  :O2

Relax dude, I was just teasing you. ;)

For my money however I still consider SCANDAL a rock band. As I've said elsewhere they may not be as heavy as other bands and they have may some pop sensibilities in their melodies and occasionally are a bit too image reliant, but ultimately they are four girls playing guitar driven music and their amps turned up to eleven. Ergo - they are a rock band.

The day they ditch the guitars and start doing electro pap like perfume , AKB48 and the rest is when they become a pop band and I don't see that happening anytime soon. :)

Visit my Anime/movie/WWE review blog: MIB's Instant Headache

Offline stonebridge

• Member+
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
Muppet, can you tell me where Yumemiru Koko Wo Sugite Mo comes from. was it on one of there singles?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #813 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Muppet, can you tell me where Yumemiru Koko Wo Sugite Mo comes from. was it on one of there singles?

Track 3 on the "Shunkan Sentimental" single

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: May 12, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »

Relax dude, I was just teasing you. ;)

Well, to be honest, that was not appreciated when I perceived somebody calling me stupid, especially when I was in foul mood.

No harm done though. :thumbsup

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #815 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »

Is that Mami with leg tattoos? :huhuh

(Or maybe those are pantihose with drawings... )
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:54:50 PM by spec8 »

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #816 on: May 13, 2012, 01:59:53 AM »
I think so too, but still unsure tho  XD...a henna tattoo perhaps  :?

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #817 on: May 13, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
I think so too, but still unsure tho  XD...a henna tattoo perhaps  :?
[/quote)

Craze in Tokyo are hose (stockings??) with Tattoo looking patterns.....

I would be surprised if those are actual tats.......

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #818 on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:56 AM »
if those were just henna tattoos then it should be a problem since it can be removed  :)

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #819 on: May 17, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
have some pantyhose (hope this translate stay right haha) where have images, and look like tattos too, maybe shes using one of that ones :P

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Swear