JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Cry Cry

Author Topic: (Band) SCANDAL  (Read 401677 times)

Offline spec8

• Member+
Re: The SCANDAL Discussion Thread
« Reply #680 on: October 15, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Hum... It's kinda weird that they're using those headgear microphone things.

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #681 on: October 16, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
Well with those microphones they can now move freely. Which isn't a bad thing..
You almost never see Mami and Tomomi switching places and they actually did it in that pic.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #682 on: October 16, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »
^ True, now they can be more dynamic on stage.

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2011, 05:57:28 AM »
I'm building my SCANDAL collection. I just received a shipment from CDJapan a couple days ago, and I couldn't believe that the "Namida" and "R-Girl Rock" CDs were first press with the photo booklets in them. Mad luck or gift for my birthday this weekend?  :thumbsup

Offline alrick13

« Reply #684 on: October 22, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
anyone who was able to save the old Scandal Pics from http://scandaljpop.wordpress.com/gallery/
please do share it again

thanks in advance

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #685 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »
Daily Yomiuri once again providing great coverage of various J-musicians
SCANDAL Spreads Its Wings
Rock'n'Rollers shed their teen look but keep their signature sound
By Mutsumi Morita
Yomiuri Shimbun Staff Writer
Four gorgeous young women are on stage, guitars howling as the drummer carves out the beat. Delivering this particular combination of cute and cool is the rock band Scandal, whose high-speed sound recently took them on a successful tour of Asia.

Over the summer, the final band member turned 20 years old. To bring their image up to speed with their age, Scandal dropped their trademark high school uniforms. Now the five-year-old band is off on a 13-city cross-country tour culminating with a solo show at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan hall.

On their tour of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore from Sept. 11 to 17 to mark their third album, Baby Action, the group greeted their fans with, "Dajia hao, women shi Scandal!"--Chinese for "Hello everybody, we're Scandal!"

The group said the theme for the tour was "freedom." They felt they had been overly focused on playing tight shows, and the excessive worry about making mistakes led to smaller performances. After a marathon band meeting one night at a hotel, they decided to "get rid of the anxiety over small slipups and be more active on stage, to try to get back that pulsating feeling we had before our debut."..........

For rest of story take this link to the Daily Yomiuri Online:     http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/features/arts/T111031002235.htm

The picture you see in the link is Huge in the actual Newspaper- takes up nearly half the page- great poster. Again a gigantic thank you to Morita san and the Daily Yomiuri for their constant coverage of J-Music, J-Art, J-Cinema, J-Entertainment in general. Great interviews, perfectly translated into English, opening up a world for foreign fans!!! :cow: :yossi: :otomerika: :yossi: :otomerika: :deco:

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #686 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
The picture you see in the link is Huge in the actual Newspaper- takes up nearly half the page- great poster.

It's this one, right?

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #687 on: November 04, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
Same picture, as posted in the  読売新聞 / Yomiuri Shimbun - the Japanese paper. I saw it in the Daily Yomiuri, their English language paper, which borrows some, but not all content from the Japanese paper. Graphics/ Layout a bit different than the one you posted, but same exact picture.

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #688 on: November 05, 2011, 04:47:14 AM »
I don'r really like how they use "women" for SCANDAL. That doesn't fit SCANDAL at this stage. Girls or females are better terms. I think women is for females over 25 or married.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #689 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »
Found this on YouTube:

Pretty well conceived.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #690 on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
I'm looking for a photo, or more like a banner of SCANDAL with the "S" with Scandal special Emblem, with that crown.  preferably with a just words itself, with a black background.  I words could be any colors, though I like it to be white with a purplish glow.  I'm trying to get something customize.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2011, 12:13:03 AM »
Girls Factory performance:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »
Wow Mami looks freakin' great.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
Wow Mami looks freakin' great.

+ a million, woah!

Pretty kick-ass performance too. They're really growing as a band  :thumbup

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2011, 01:21:52 PM »
Same thoughts as well

1) so happy to see them growing as musicians & stage performers

2) I have always thoght Mami was cute with a unique personality, but Great Caeser's Ghost! She was stunning in that performance!

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
« Reply #695 on: December 26, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »
Apparently it's time for a "best of" already...

Pinched from another forum with a rough translation of the Twitter announcement:

The first best album on March 7th "SCANDAL SHOW" has been announced.

The debut single "DOLL" from "HARUKAZE" up and numerous singles, album tracks, compilation tracks and couplings. Classic live tracks as a bonus track, "Theme SCANDAL" also be included.

HARUNA about the best album release, "Our classic live tracks chosen from among the coupling. We feel we have created in just a collection rather than a single album, I want to a lot of people to listen!". In addition, SCANDAL will conduct the first one-man live at Nippon Budokan on March 28 after the album release.

Told you it was a rough translation. :P I mean, how can a four piece girl band do a "one man show"?

So, too early for a compilation album? I remember when a compilation albums signified the end of a band's career - now it's just another regular moneymaker to fill some time...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:42:21 PM by SPIM »

Visit my Anime/movie/WWE review blog: MIB's Instant Headache

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #696 on: December 26, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
I believe 'one man show' is the term for when a band is the only performing act (or at least the headlining act). I've seen it used by Versailles, Afiia Saga East, etc.

For a second I though "Best Scandal" was also a compilation album, but it just feels like that because it contains all their old stuff as well.

And yeah... The timing for a compilation album seems a bit off.

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
« Reply #697 on: December 26, 2011, 02:45:09 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.

BTW - the original poster (from whom I pinched this info) got the dates wrong and the album is apparently now released on March 7th not July 3rd. That's now a few days before my birthday.... :P

Here's a more accurate translation:

The album, titled "SCANDAL SHOW", will include 16 tracks hand picked by the band. The compilation will include their break-out single, "DOLL", as well as their latest single, "HARUKAZE".

Haruna, the band's vocalist, explained that the album wouldn't just be a single collection, but rather a new album filled with their best work. The band chose concert staples as well as coupling tracks to go along with their singles.

SCANDAL will hold a live concert at Nippon Budokan on March 28th.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:12:56 PM by SPIM »

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #698 on: December 28, 2011, 05:17:21 AM »
I'm a bit disappointed about this best album thing. It's great to have new SCANDAL products every few months, but their material release has been aggressive this year. They should know when to call it enough for the year. This is not how they keep people interested in their music. Honestly, if I buy this album, I'll get the magazine version just because of the pictures. My wallet is a bit tight at the moment after all the holiday shopping.

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
« Reply #699 on: December 28, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »
Update via JEFusion:

After announcing the upcoming release of their first greatest hits album, “SCANDAL SHOW.” the most powerful Japanese girlie band, SCANDAL had revealed its track list along with the 12th major Single, “HARUKAZE.”

“SCANDAL SHOW” will be available in three versions: Limited Release edition features photo-book-shaped packaging (4000 yen); DVD Limited Edition comes with a bonus DVD (3333 yen); and, the CD-Only Regular Edition (2913 yen).

“SCANDAL SHOW” Track List
01. HARUKAZE
02. Shoujo S
03. DOLL
04. BEAUTeen!!
05. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
06. LOVE SURVIVE
07. Pride
08. Switch
09. Shunkan Sentimental
10. Haruka
11. SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase
12. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!
13. Kagerou
14. SAKURA Goodbye
15. SCANDAL BABY

With the exception of "Switch", "Everybody Say Yeah"  and "SCANDAL BABY" that's pretty much a singles compilation. Where are the live tracks or "SCANDAL no Theme" as promised? :smhid

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Cry Cry