JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Go Crazy Because of You

Author Topic: Senjou! [A war of epic proportions... or, yeah, something like that.]  (Read 22243 times)

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
o_o What is THIS, you ask?

…I’m actually not really sure. It started with trying to figure out a way to rekindle the spark of rivalry between Loser and myself (because if you haven’t noticed, we’ve been getting lazy lately) and then this idea popped out of my head (it had to undergo a bit of tweaking and refinement of course, with my master’s help) and so… um… Senjou was born!

Basically, this is going to be the thread that serves as our battleground (hence the name; senjou means 'battleground/battlefield' according to the lovely animelab.com. Thanks, animelab.com!). And how it works is quite simple.

The two of us will be writing one-shot short stories/drabbles, but not at the same time. We will alternate, and the author that isn’t writing will get to decide what the other one has to write about (be it which H!P girls show up in the story, the pairing [if any], the situation they are in, if the fic is to be centered around a keyword, etc.). The stories will be a minimum of 1000 words long (with no maximum limit, of course) and once a challenge is issued by the other author, the one writing will have two days (48 hours, for those of you who want to get technical) to write and post their fic.

Failure to post in time will be punishable… by whatever the lovely Yuu-chan (although, she doesn’t know it yet. XD) decides.

This will be an interactive sort of battle, as you (the reviewers) get to decide the outcomes of every challenge. Along with your typical text-based comment (“OMG, THAT WAS SO AMAZING, I LOVED IT11!!!!11!!3”) you will get to rate the short fics on a scale of 1-5 (one being the worst, five being awesome). The only catch is, we require at least a minimum of eight reviewers for each one. (It’s not that hard. Especially since these aren’t going to be gigantic, y’know.) The points will be added to that author’s total score, and will be displayed here on this first post. (For bragging rights, and to see who is winning at any point in time.)

Also, once a month (we haven’t decided on a particular date yet, but we’ll get back to you on that), we’ll give you reviewers a chance to give us BOTH a challenge. Basically, you can come to us with whatever you want us to write, and we’ll do it. We get to pick whose challenge we’ll take, but the person whose idea we choose to attempt will get to decide which fic out of the two wins. (These will also be recorded on this post.)

So, expect some craziness to ensue. Of course, we WILL be working on our other fics (I’m going to win that update war, master, just you wait! –shakefist-), but this is something to keep us occupied and our rivalry strong… and to bring us out of this slump that we’re in. So be sure to help us out by reviewing (and reviewing fairly, please. This’ll be no fun if you give us all five’s or all one’s all the time. We’re bound to dish out some crap, so make sure to let us know. XDD)

-------------

Updates/News/WhateverothercrapIFIMchanwishtoputhere

5.22.07: Wrote out this crazy thread and posted it, I did.
5.22.07 (-after FIM-chan was well off into dreamland-): Loser-chan writes up some guidelines for challenge requests.
5.26.07: Loser wins the first reviewer challenge fic.
5.30.07: Loser writes out the Second Amendment to the Senjou Constitution... (ROFL, well, that sounds better than "IMPORTANT NOTICE!")

-------------

Challenge List

Key: [Challenge #/Name of Challenge (Or basically, whatever crazy things we come up with to call them..)/Authored By (Loser 87, FeverInducedMadness, or Both)]: -description of challenge-

This also kind of serves as a Table of Contents, since once fics are posted I'll link them back to here for easy navigation.

[#0/FIRST CHALLENGE SPECIALLLL, WOO!/Both]: For the first challenge, you the reviewers will get to decide what it is that Loser and I will be writing. The loser of this will be the one to write the first 'official' fic. We just need something to get started with. Modesta's Risako x Miyabi challenge was picked. :3

Loser's Response: "C-ute or Berryz"
FIM's Response: "Come to the C-ute Side... We Have Cookies..."

[#1/FIM's Failure.../FeverInducedMadness]: Main Characters: Ishimura Maiha (she needs more lovin'), Genre: Humor, Rating: PG-13 >;P, Situation (Optional): lets see that creative brain work!, Pairing (Optional): I don't care really, match her up with someone if you want, Keyword (Optional): Supercalifagelistic Expealidocious >;P (I think I spelt it wrong >;X)

"The Sound of It Really WAS Atrocious..."

[#2/Crack!Pairing-ness/Loser87]: Main Characters: Mitsui Aika & Sugaya Risako, Genre: Fluff, Romance, Rating: G-PG-13, Situation (Optional): The only time I've actually even seen them together was backstage during the 10th Anniversary Winter Concert. So you can put them there or somewhere else, it doesn't really matter to me., Pairing (Optional): Aika/Risako, but I assume that was pretty obvious., Keyword (Optional): Disapproval (I can imagine that Aika's Momusu senpai and the rest of the Berryz would be kind of "wtf?" about such a relationship...)

"Little ol' Devilish Me"

[#3/Goodness, We're Lazy/Both] Reviewer Challenge Special #2! ...In which Loser amends our rules to provide for the reviewers being able to challenge us once a week. YAY~

-------------

The Standings

Loser87
Total Points: 66
Reviewer Challenge Fics Won: 1

FeverInducedMadness
Total Points: 65
Reviewer Challenge Fics Won: 0
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:01:02 AM by FeverInducedMadness »
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
I get to dish out the punishments? Oh hohohohohoho <3

My request is ... Reina x Maki <3 You increase my chance of voting for you if you include a lovely lip-kiss in the fic! <3

And the punishment for whoever loses will have to bend down and be whipped by me, and will have to scream my name three times <3 ~!

<3

<3

<3

:]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:49:41 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
NOOO >_< I was gonna try and get dibs...

I wanted to have some Konno x Risa (odd pair, yes...but =P) with something along the lines of a fantasy..and fluff =P

Ah well, I guess my idea will have to wait =)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:47:51 PM by jafeijai »

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
NOOO >_< I was gonna try and get dibs...

I wanted to have some Konno x Risa (odd pair, yes...but =P) with something along the lines of a fantasy..and fluff =P

XD There are no dibs in this. You simply request and Loser and I will decide whose challenge we want to attempt. :3

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
^ In that case, I push for a vote from the general reading public to "pressure" these two into creating a story with unusual couples (such as only requesting ideas with unusual couples) =) It would make this war more interesting, I think =P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:51:00 PM by jafeijai »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
I like the idea of this. Makes the fanfic section here fun.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:51:20 AM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Goodie goodie gum drops!

Odd pairings, I'm sure we can all come up with. *thinks*

Hmm... *thinks some more*

:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

^^;;

I say... *suspense*

Thinking's too hard. Fine, it's time for the random pairing-o-matic machine!

*spins*

I've got Kamei... aaaaaaaand

*.... glares at the first three names* No! *throws them away*

Aaaaaaaand

Yuko.

*runs away*

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Eri and Yuko?! I NOMINATE THEM TOO :]

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
I second that Konno-Gaki fic with lots of fluff (lots of penguins and dolphins too)!!!

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
Put the turtle in the middle!

(Go KameYuko!)

Ohohohohohohoho~! Yuu's going to have oh so much fun in this thread...
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

I want a Nacchi X Maki fluffy fic. ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Loser87

~IMPORTANT NOTICE~

Aha~
It's nice to know that everyone is liking our idea
But we sort of expected more ideas individually instead of some of you guys latching onto other ideas and promoting those instead
So We decided to create this, a survey sort of fill-out thingy!
So you all have your own ideas pitched out there with your prefered situation, pairings (if any) and so-forth
And to keep things organized of course!

Main Characters:

Genre:

Rating:

Situation (Optional):

Pairing (Optional):

Keyword (Optional):

Main Character(s) Who do you want the story to be about, a given =] You May choose ANY Girl or Girls in Hello!Project, You want
the story to Be about Koharu Kusumi, You write Koharu Kusumi! If you want the story to be about Yajima Maimi AND Suzuki Airi, Then
you write their names down, simple ne~?

Genre is obvious, You want the story to be Angst write Angst, You want it to be Romance write Romance, Tragedy write Tragedy, etc. etc.

Rating means like Movie Rating, Do you want it innocent and cute, then put G
If you want it to be heavily gored out with blood or have lots of swearing and...ya' know..have..mild naughty-naughty business rate it R
You get the idea? Yes? Good >=]

Situation is OPTIONAL you don't have to write anything if you don't want to but if you do write a situation then it can be what you want
to happen to the girls or base it around a certain event or time, for example, if you want the story to be based around the events of Maki's
trip to Korea you write the event down, if you want the story to have a certain plot you write down that plot as vague or as detailed as you want it. The situation HAS to have something to do with the Main Character(s).

Pairing is OPTIONAL, You don't have to write a pairing if you don't want any, the story can purely be centered on one character
But if you want a pairing, obviously you write what pairing you want, It can be a popular pairing like Reina/Eri or it can be as cracked
as Yoshizawa/Suzuki XDXD

Keyword is also OPTIONAL, You don't need to write one down but if you want to challenge us then write down a word and we will use it
in the story and/or base the story around that word XDXD

Of course this survey fill-out thingy ma-bob will be edited if we decide we wanna add or take away things
Considering this is sort of a draft thought up by me while talking to FIM and written out at around midnight
just because I wanted things a bit more organized and us wanting more individualled ideas and such XDXD
But for now this will do, Please use it!! >w<
Have fun and good luck! =D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:54:09 PM by Loser87 »

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Okay. I'm still liking the Yuko/Kamei idea.

Main Characters: Yuko and Kamei

Genre: Romance

Rating: PG...13! Because .... I dunno... just because.

Situation (Optional): No way you have to follow this, just a suggestion, however... I see Yuko in my head as an evil queen of something'erother, and Kamei as a princess posing as a knight to save Queen Yuko's daughter and win her heart over... and it goes awry when either Queen Yuko or Knight Kamei fall for each other.

Or something like that.

Pairing (Optional): Uhm, Kamei/Yuko!

Keyword (Optional): Uhm, fluff? *shot*

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
I guess I'll stick to my original xD

Main Reina and Maki
Genre Romance.
Rating PG-13 or R. Somewhere between.
Situation: Any situation you two could think of, somewhere, they should be caught by another H!P member doing something xD Love the deer staring at headlights scenarios xD
keyword: Caught

You have a better chance of getting my vote if there's lots of kissing involved xD

Offline Hitsu

• ecchi
  • Member+
Main Character(s): Miyabi and Risako

Genre: Romance fluffyness

Rating: G

Situation: I dunno...maybe something with sakuras? Just to get the vibe of the upcoming concert...

Pairing: MiyaRii love only...but no problem if other Berryz members appear....or Fujimoto (L)

Keyword: Confusion (???)

ps: Mine should be picked (advertising!!! ahuahuah) since both of you are writing fics about Berryz (I love both of them), and i'm sad because Loser said that his fic will have angst now and no fluff...I NEED FLUFF TO LIVE! *desperate*. But if there's no way, i would like to read that wonky and maki fic...xDDDDDD!
*Sorry about the terrible english*

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
Main Characters: China-chan!
Genre:FLUFFEHHHH
Rating:PG
Situation:Yozakura! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanami)
Pairing:KumaChina
Keyword: None!
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Main Characters: Risako
Genre:fluff/romance

Rating:PG

Pairing:Miyabi X Risako

Keyword: C-ute

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
After careful consideration (and some help from a Javascript dice-rolling program we found), Loser and I have decided to take on modesta107's Miyabi x Risako challenge. :3 Believe you me, it was a struggle to choose (we ended up making things much more complicated than we needed to...) but we have endured the rigorous strain and will have our responses to the challenge in by... (well, it's 10:00PM, CST here for me, so I guess +1 hour for Loser) this time Friday night, and afterwards, Modesta (I'm going to call you that, since typing out numbers isn't fun. Unless you have a different name you'd like to go by. XD) will get to decide who has won.

Otherwise, if we're late, Yuu-chan will get to punish us as she sees fit.

((P.S.: Um... Hitsu, dear... for future reference... Loser would like to make it known that she is not a boy. XD It's okay, though... I thought the same before I actually started to talk to her, too.))

Senjou~! [I'll never get tired of screaming that. XD]

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Yipee! alright, can't wait for this to go down! I honestly didnt think mine was gonna be chosen cuz of the other good ideas out there. and Its ok, you can just call me Mod for short
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:00:08 AM by modesta107 »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
[patiently waits in lurker shadows for posted stories....waiting for the chance to post his idea..] =)

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Go Crazy Because of You