JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Like a Cat

Author Topic: Speed Racer Go!Go!Go!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Speed Racer Go!Go!Go!
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
I just watched Speed Racer Imax and.... it rocks!

I was reading reviews that called it the worst movie ever made, but it turns out that this could be one of the trippiest most awesomely coolest movies ever!  The Chim-Chim and Stripple scenes were so funny!  The fight scenes were insane!  The driving makes Initial-D look like Driving Miss Daisy! The billboards looked cheesy, but the reality takes cheesy to the 999th degree! The final racing scene was giving me seizures, and I don't even have epilepsy!  I fucking hate racing, never saw the original anime, but Speed Racer is one of the funnest and funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

Speed Racer Go! Go! Go!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: Speed Racer Go!Go!Go!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
Many people are positive about it. I absolutely can't stand Emile Hirsch though.. but I'll see if I can check it out soon.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
I thought it was fantastic.  I've never been blown away by visuals in a movie like this before. 

The next step is to go see it at the local IMAX  :drool: :drool:

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
The critics were on some really bad crack because this movie was AWESOME!!  :heart: I can't wait for the DVD to come out already so I can just watch it over and over again, bring on the seizures I say! The comedy was great, I loved the casting & of course the visuals were spectacular. The fight scenes were just as hot as the racing ones! I was on the edge of my seat during the ending, then let out this huge sigh of relief after.

I used to watch the cartoon as a kid a lot (yes, I did, believe it), and just from the trailer, I knew it would do it more than justice. To say it briefly, it blew me away and I loved every second. Screw the critics, watch this movie!

(And randomly, I loved the playing of the original theme song in some parts. Greatness!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=evAo2Dv1XFQ
One sexy reason to also get the soundtrack  :inlove:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Like a Cat