JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Chou

Author Topic: [10/05] Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York  (Read 75352 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [10/05] Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
^ I would be interested in it, but it depends how long everyone else is staying when it can be available is my concerns :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline manamin

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »
I'm planning on Friday to Monday - a 3 night stay. I get in pretty late on Friday.

I just noticed that the apartment I linked there has no reviews, so I'm not sure I'd want to go with that 100%, but there were some other options. Depending on the number of people, I'm pretty sure it would get cheap quick.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »
I had a bit of a scare this morning. Woke up to find out I couldn't acces Twitter or any websites on my phone, then found out my home internet died! I thought it was my router at first, but it turned out the actual connection was down! Called my ISP, they said it was an area-wide outage that wouldn't be resolved in time! :panic:

Thankfully I still had my smartphone's 4G working, so I was able to get into the waiting room and managed to pull off a VIP purchase! FUCK YEAH

I kinda wanted to start dancing, but then felt bad for all the people who weren't as lucky with logging in. :nervous

But yeah, the whole thing felt like both Derek Fisher's 0.4 shot and Ray Allen's game 6 corner trey: when the pressure was on, found a secondary option to pull through. :P

See y'all in Manhattan!

Also fuck Comcast.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2014, 11:14:24 PM »
I'm planning on Friday to Monday - a 3 night stay. I get in pretty late on Friday.

I just noticed that the apartment I linked there has no reviews, so I'm not sure I'd want to go with that 100%, but there were some other options. Depending on the number of people, I'm pretty sure it would get cheap quick.

I'm Friday to Wednesday.  There are many places we can try so we can look around for now :)

Which means I'm on the looking for roommates list XD  I've used airbnb when I was looking for my own place last year and found some good rates in Hawaii so I highly recommend it. 

@Manamin I'll try go into IRC and we can talk there

For everyone else, if I do find something reasonable I'll post it here :)

Congrats J-tri! 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:38:11 AM by kuro_808 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2014, 11:31:14 PM »
The VIP ticket thing is really taking the shine off getting tickets to the show, I had no idea about this waiting room and even though I was waiting in there for 20 minutes, there were 0 tickets left when it was my turn.

Even worse was the ability to buy multiple VIP tickets, since there was only 100 of them it should have been 1 ticket only to give everyone a chance. Instead the majority of tickets were bought up by about 10-15 people buying as many tickets as they could, which really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm pleased to be going, but I hope the CD numbers aren't too low to prevent handshake overcrowding, or that it's 1 CD purchase only to prevent multiple buys, again hogging all of the handshake tickets to those who have lots of money.

Offline Double_U

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2014, 03:00:17 AM »
Got a ticket (not VIP though :'( didn't know about the waiting room). Anyway, like I said, I'm up for trying for a group rate somewhere, but only Friday to Sunday..

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2014, 03:06:33 AM »
Im going to be going friday to monday if anyone is interested in sharing rooms.

Offline 55Cyanides

• Member+
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
Got a ticket and planning to drive from Indiana to Michigan to Toronto to New Jersey; with my discount, I can get a hotel in New Jersey, about 10-15 miles away, for about 50-70 a night. I have two potential people who may want to stay with me, and I also bought a parking ticket for the venue, so time to show off that Budget Rent a Car Prius.

Anybody interested in rooming with me? While it's not in New York, I wouldn't driving people any/everywhere, especially since I'll be there from Friday to Monday.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »
Jicchan.com - Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC (part 1)

In less than 3 months time, Morning Musume ’14 will be holding their first independent full concert at Best Buy Theater in New York. For many western fans, this will be your first taste of seeing the idol group in person. For others, it will be your first time at a concert and your first time attending a handshake event. We have all seen how concerts and handshake events are like from watching videos, and have a general sense of what to expect; however, it is completely different to experience it first hand. To ease all your worries and anxiety, and to fully prepare you for the upcoming once in a life time experience, I am introducing a new series of guides titled “Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC”. Each week I will be covering one topic about concerts or handshakes with regards to Hello! Project in general, but specifically geared toward the Morning Musume ’14 NYC concert. Without further ado, let’s begin!
CLICK THE LINK - http://www.jicchan.com/?p=810

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »
If anyone is interested in attending Hello! Party 4, they are doing an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds to offset the cost of the event.

There are some pretty good perks if interested

http://nihongogo.com/2014/07/hello-party-4-the-hello-project-party-by-fans-for-fans/
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
Jicchan.com - Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC (part 2)

Last time we went over the Dos and Don’ts of general H!P concert behaviors. As we found out, the basic idea is to enjoy the show and have fun, while not being a nuisance to people around you so they can also have a great outing. This time, let’s take a look at the actual planning for the big day.
CLICK THE LINK - http://www.jicchan.com/?p=899

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »

Jicchan.com - Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC (part 3)

The last two times we covered some basics on concert behavior and essential items to bring. For a change of pace, let’s take a look at the optional event that weekend (requires VIP package or on site CD purchase), handshake with Morning Musume ’14 after their concert.
CLICK THE LINK - http://www.jicchan.com/?p=952

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
No news today, more of a personal post.

For a while it wasn't looking like my chances for attending this would be that good (financially and timing-wise). Things may be turning around though so I may be able to go after all. With that being said, I just wanted to check/verify a couple of things:

a) Going on the link to buy tickets to the event, as of this post, the VIP package is still unavailable but people can still buy "regular" tickets. But if I understand things correctly, we should be able to just get the regular ticket, then at the event itself, buy a copy of the CD, which should also give us a ticket for the handshake event, right? Not being able to attend the handshake event is not necessarily a deal-breaker for me (I'd still be fine with "just" going to the concert and hanging with/checking the sites with fellow H!Pstahs), but it would be nice to go. :)

Of course, if anyone had an extra VIP package to spare/sell...8)2

b) For hotel rooms, has anyone confirmed/booked where they're going to be staying yet? Anyone still have room to spare if this Pegger is able to go? 

If I'm able to go, it'd have to be a short trip for me due to work stuff. I'd most likely be arriving sometime in the late afternoon or evening of the Friday before the concert (2014.10.03) and then leaving by the afternoon at the latest of the Monday after the concert (2014.10.06).

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
I had this on my mind for a while so any ideas for setting up a get together I'm all up for it  :jphip:

Since it will be my first time in NY, I'll be open to anything :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Jicchan.com - Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC (part 4)

Another week, another article. Last time we covered the basics of how handshake events are operated, what we should be expecting in October and how to set up ourselves for it. Continuing on with the theme, this week we will look more in-depth into how to approach the event and how to deal with more specific conditions.
CLICK THE LINK - http://www.jicchan.com/?p=991

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:36 AM »
I can no longer go, so if anyone needs a ticket (regular, sorry), please PM me!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »
From H!O's Twitter:
Billboard Japan interviews Morning Musume '14 about their NY trip
- https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/499117240521089024
- http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/21802

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
Jicchan.com - Road to Morning Musume ’14 concert in NYC part 5

Previously, we have covered basic Dos and Don’ts and simple preparation for the upcoming concert. How about during the actual show itself? I’m sure you have seen on videos how energetic crowds can be in live concerts and how everyone seems to know what they are doing and even do so in sync. This time let’s find out how they do it.
CLICK THE LINK - http://www.jicchan.com/?p=1180

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »
SHIT! Nearly a month to go! LETS GO! Plan where y'all partying? I'm coming in on Wed so shit let's hang with Ping and Jay.

I can no longer go, so if anyone needs a ticket (regular, sorry), please PM me!

DAMN!! Sucks. Fen can't go either.

I got a 6-8 extra regular tickets if anyone wants to drop on by and see a show. SUPPORT MOMUSU'14!!!

Making some merch. Gonna be DOPE! Look for it :jphip:

b) For hotel rooms, has anyone confirmed/booked where they're going to be staying yet? Anyone still have room to spare if this Pegger is able to go? 

If I'm able to go, it'd have to be a short trip for me due to work stuff. I'd most likely be arriving sometime in the late afternoon or evening of the Friday before the concert (2014.10.03) and then leaving by the afternoon at the latest of the Monday after the concert (2014.10.06).

FUCK YEAH Brother. I was talking to KT and he itching to go too. Still gonna go? What's new???

SO! I see y'all bunch booked this:

http://rownyc.com/times-square-hotel-deals/

ME TOO. Anyone need roomies? BigFreaky JFC Pikax3 JTRI who else?

Rei-chan lookin for girl roomies too! Gonna be a fuckin MANICAL TIME!!!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Chou