JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Wishing On The Same Star

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 759260 times)

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1840 on: December 21, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »
when it comes to the idol world, no age is too old to be a fan  :pimp: The guy scored big for sure, rocking that shirt + being in front row during an episode where Reia is main. His life is complete.

Apparently I didn't know of such things. He did his thing for sure. He has remembrance though because he is in the episode.  :lol:

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1841 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
I love these nico2 appearances  :D

Maybe you could catch them live in this program ニコニコジャンボ宝引きinお台場合衆国
http://live.nicovideo.jp/
Starts everyday on 11:00 AM JST
Now all you have to do is predict when they'll show up by using these schedule
http://idoling.fujitv.co.jp/news/detail.php?id=263

Watching those live commentaries fly by is really fun if you could watch it live  :twothumbs

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1842 on: December 26, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »
A little Xmas treat for you all!
I had a go at creating an original instrumental arrangement of S.O.W., it's a short version but please enjoy! :D

I'm not the biggest fan of the arrangement, simply because I prefer organic instrument sounds personally, but it was well done for what it is and I really appreciate anyone who loves and supports idols so much to put hard work into musical tribute like this! I feel it is the ultimate way to pay tribute to them, that is why I make so many covers and remixes myself. Thank you!  :thumbup

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1843 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:17 AM »
Yeah it's not perfect and I tried. They're all VSTs/MIDI, but that's all I have to work with at the moment... :nervous
Sure, I wasn't trying to down it at all, its just not particularly interesting to me personally cause I used to work with those sounds exclusively as well when I first started working with digitized music, but I guess I got a little tired of it and moved on to doing real instruments or other kinds of electronic stuff instead (like 8-bit) You definitely did well on it, I just wouldn't listen to it often myself :) Keep doing what you do man

Offline Joe

• Member+
« Reply #1844 on: December 27, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »
Enjoy, this is the last Gravure Bluray:

Offline Joe

• Member+
« Reply #1845 on: December 27, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
This is a 2 disc set. On next month they will release another bluray "Making Off"....why they didn't include the whole thing together? Sadly, no bluray 3D this time.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1846 on: December 27, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »
This is a 2 disc set. On next month they will release another bluray "Making Off"....why they didn't include the whole thing together? Sadly, no bluray 3D this time.

Because it will be freakin more expensive. Plus, not all fans care about making of. I personally prefer the making of though, don't really like watching idol in bikini.
Blu-ray 3D maybe the next year. FYI, Guam 3D released 7 months after the Guam Set release.

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1847 on: December 31, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
Nostalgic moments, showed of Idoling!!! aces (3 of them still present, 1 already graduated). That's why right now Idoling!!! still depends on them so much, maybe they need few new member with complete-fantastic skills (singing, dancing, good looking, strong character, whatever you name it :D) if they'll graduate (which is certain).

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1848 on: December 31, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
If Ruri graduates from college this year I think she'll also graduate from Idoling.
I want her to stay though since she's also a favorite of mine and Idoling is a stronger group with her around. :)

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1849 on: December 31, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
Its pretty sad to start thinking about grads, but I like enough of the girls from the group that I think I could still follow them even if a few of my favorites left, though I might not like them as much, I could still find some things to like.  Its unfortunate that 2 of my favorite members from the whole group are 1st gen and they may go before the others, but all of 1st gen's personalities have been pretty subdued on recent episodes of the show that I've seen, so I'm used to them not being a big influence on the show, but I'll really miss their musical contribution and presence more than anything.

It is better in some ways to prepare yourself for it so it isn't such a huge shock and hurt when it happens, but don't let it get to you too much before it happens or you'll end up worrying so much about something long before it actually happens. We've already had so much great material from Idoling already that I could be happy with what we already have even if there was no more in the future, but having more in the future is always welcome obviously.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1850 on: December 31, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »
Fortunately, I always have a new favorite every new generation. Well, except 3rd gen.
And I'm ready for the graduation of any of 1st generation members, since I'm not much a fan of live performance.
Honestly, I wish all of them to graduate this year because my curiosity of the future Idoling!!! beats my fear of losing some key members.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1851 on: January 02, 2013, 03:41:42 PM »
Now i wanted to post this in this thread but I figured it's going to be super TL:DR so I posted it in my blog instead.

http://wotawonderland.blogspot.com/2013/01/japan-trip-2012-report-3-idoling.html

Idoling handshake event report.

blogpost updated with 2 more pictures~
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:28:48 PM by kei_86 »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1852 on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »
kei_86 san,

Fantastic report, arigatou!

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1853 on: January 02, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »
I've just been thinking that maybe my oshimen would change to either Kaorun or Amimi if Rurika is to graduate. Not the most pleasant thought in the world though... :(

At least you were able to meet her at least once and have a good memory of it. :)

Offline Joe

• Member+
« Reply #1854 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »
Hey kei_86, that was an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing.

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1855 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »
@ Kei-86
Glad you had a good time. Can't believe that you gave away the chance to meet other members just to stay loyal to Umeko. :lol:
Now that's what I call being a dedicated fan. :thumbsup

About Reia's finger...It sort of looks like she's got two thumbs. :lol:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1856 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »
@ Kei-86
Glad you had a good time. Can't believe that you gave away the chance to meet other members just to stay loyal to Umeko. :lol:
Now that's what I call being a dedicated fan. :thumbsup

Hahaha yeah, SA and Hellguard was quite surprised by it too. SA especially keep on telling me to just go and don't think so much about it but I don't think I could ever do it. I mean like, I'll definitely be stealing some glace towards Umeko's booth and it'll be superbly awkward if she saw me doing that or even worse she saw me pretending that her booth didn't exist  :nervous

I guess I'm only lucky that Reia's booth is just miles apart from Umeko.

oh! I had no idea that it looks like that  :lol: Haven't been downloading uRa for ages... sigh ISP..

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1857 on: January 03, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »
Now i wanted to post this in this thread but I figured it's going to be super TL:DR so I posted it in my blog instead.

http://wotawonderland.blogspot.com/2013/01/japan-trip-2012-report-3-idoling.html

Idoling handshake event report.

blogpost updated with 2 more pictures~

Thx for the Report, that was really great!!! I think I should be there too also (if I had a time)

btw is it Kaorun really that polular to fans (or fansama)?? i've never expect it. Actually I wait for Kaorun handshake event report also, but nevermind, i'll just wait hellguard :D

And lastly, which member also have a monstrous line up beside Kaorun?? How bout 1st-gen?? Thx!!!

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #1858 on: January 03, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »
Since Kei was too embarassed being seen lining up for Kaoru's booth which is right across Umeko's, he passed me the card and asked me to go to her. I originally didn't planned on going to her but I'm curious what made her so popular among the fans. Sure she's pretty and all but she's not really the outgoing type like Yuuna and Asahi. These three members had the longest line that day IIRC. I was a bit surprised that the Yokoyama only had a few people lining up for her and Ton-chan had almost no-one in her line. Maybe it's just the timing that I went in the hall but Asahi, Yuuna and Kaoru almost always have 10+ people in their line.

I always go and line up without thinking what to say to the members, it's better to have a conversation with them naturally instead of memorizing things because things don't always go as planned. It was the first time for me shaking hands with Kaoru individually. Usually you get around 20 seconds to say anything you want until the staff started ushering you out. This 20 seconds feel very short if you go to your favorite members but feel long as hell if you don't have anything to say which is in my case the latter situation. After handing the card and saying who it is from, which takes around 10 seconds and I had around 10 seconds left but totally had no idea what to say to her after that. I think she saw that the conversation would stop there and she tried to make the conversation alive again by asking me some questions. I think this is what made her popular, although she is a bit awkward on the show, she never lets the conversation dies there, because one of the worst thing that can happen during handshake event is awkward silence (which happened to me a couple of times with certain members). Plus, Kaoru is known to peek outside of her booth to welcome her fans before they enter her booth. For fans who's not used going to handshake events, she can make you feel welcome and even if you blanked because of nervousness in front of her, she will make the effort to spring up a conversation. For most fans, the first handshake is very important. I have some members who I went to once but swear to never go to them again because of bad experiences during the first handshake with them.

She's different compared to Asahi and Ai-chan, who will give you a high spirited handshaking experience, she's much closer to Yuuna and Amimi who you can have a nice conversation even if you have nothing planned. If I were to categorize the members into certain handshake experience:

Serious, honest: 3, 6, 9, 17, 19, 28 (8 )
High spirited, high tension: 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 29 (7, 24)
Soothing, relaxing: 21, 22, 27, 30 (11)
Fun, interesting: 16, 23, 25, 26

This is just my opinion though :)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1859 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Thx for the Report, that was really great!!! I think I should be there too also (if I had a time)

btw is it Kaorun really that polular to fans (or fansama)?? i've never expect it. Actually I wait for Kaorun handshake event report also, but nevermind, i'll just wait hellguard :D

And lastly, which member also have a monstrous line up beside Kaorun?? How bout 1st-gen?? Thx!!!

Yes Kaorun and Yuuna are the girls which some of us call Handshake event monster. The line are just ridiculous. On that day, Yurippe is another girl with a very long line but I guess that is because of her birthday.

I was pretty sure that Rurika had a pretty good amount of people at her line too but Ton-chan this time hardly had anyone at all.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Wishing On The Same Star