JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tahiti - Tonight

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 192690 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
UPSKIRTS LACE Shit. I gotta go wrap it to line up again for Q&A but FuCK I LOVE EVERYONE of yALL HiPSTAZ. My arms are so tired. I never fucking wotta gei'd like a fucking wota fuckin gei. DOING THe HEY HEY HEY!! Fucking ANGRY swinnging her hips I need to get in fucking shape XD BUT SHIT. Everytime they did the girl on girl touching I was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The PEACE rock version BEST EVER Fuck all the other versions but no soliloquy but Shit was she gonna death metal scream it like my home girl tru?! XD. Holy shit. HENDRIX Anthem & US Flag. Happy BDAY HANGRY she was like "Whaa" And FUCK they never stopped....no fucking Britney Spears go and pause while dancers change. Striahgt up 1 hr action. They tossed glow stick necklaces, and Rika aimed it at ME!! but it burst in my hand lol I ended up with 1 piece. Yossi on the other hand tossed a ton and I got a few but gave em to the shorties around me :P

All I can say is that u best believe we fucking got whatcha need. ASSHOLE!!  ;)

Za Wolf awoke me from my nap and DUDE IS PINOYTASTIC!!

LOL met this Japanese fangirl and WE TOTALLY hit it off. Totally related to the SPIRIT OF CHARMY!!!! We bullshitted on Yossi Fans vs Rika Fans, male and female.  I LOVE JAPANESE FANS!!!

Right before the line up of concert. H&A characters came out, and I fucking head butted ANGRY and shit, the chick with the HD Cam was filming and laffed

LOL. I spent most of the time pimping jphip XD TRANSLATE THAT!!

I'm a ask em to the imitations at the Q&A. More autographs so I'm gonna do my best to hook up y'all!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:04:37 AM by daigong »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
lol h&a characters XD cool!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
HANGRY&ANGRY @ 「Sakura-con」 Episode 1

In case anyone else wanted to be able to keep a copy of the vid. :)
http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?act=tracker&CODE=details&torrent=20040

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Direct DL > BT :P

DOWNLOAD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
This all sounds so cool! I totally wish I was there!

Speaking of, my friend is there right now cosplaying, and she was at the concert too!

She said she recorded some audio as cameras weren't allowed, but said the bass was really high so it might not sound so great, also she got interviewed by the Japanese lady with the camera, which she had to BS her way through because she only knows Kill Me Kiss Me :lol:
She also said a friend of hers on staff got to eat dinner with H&A, so he's a lucky SOB, haha.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
:lol:

Daigong, ur so funny. XD Fanboy it out!!!! XD Show those wotas what we are made of! :lol:

Anyhoo, it looks like they are having an awesome time! Glad to see them enjoying their short stay at Seattle and Sakura-con!  :twothumbs

Offline dagryph

Amazing concert yesterday! Glad I got to meet so many of you.  :inlove:

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Dammit! I thought I'd found a H&A live clip.

Hangry & Angry saturday 2009

:lol:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm finally home after driving through those torrential rains.  The con was so damn awesome.  Now I need more sleep, something substantial to eat and drink more water.  My voice is still so hoarse after all the cheering at the concert.  I should have taken tomorrow off work  :doh: 
Best memory was when Kimuuu and I bumped into them in our hotel lobby quite late after the concert had finished and telling Yossy that it was a great concert.  :twothumbs

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Finally back home with actual internet access! There's SO MUCH to talk about because this weekend was just too fucking epic. I need to get this off my chest first: I GOT TO SHAKE RIKA'S HAND ALSKDFJ;AKLJ YUSSS! :pimp:

I need to recollect my thoughts a little so I'll follow up with details about other stuff later. Focus a little on the concert for now. Most of us were having a hard time remembering what the exact order the songs were, so I'll just list them in...whatever order I can think of right now. XD

They opened with a new song. (I thought it was SadisticDance, but after listening to the song again I think SadisticDance was the song they performed when dancing with their fluffy fans...which was later on...but I could be wrong.) Angelia, new song No Future, GIZA GIZA, new song SadisticDance, Romantic ni Violence, Kill Me Kiss Me, Jimmy Hendrix US National Anthem, surprise Happy Birthday song to Yossy, The Peace! Rock vers., Love & Peace! HERO ga Yattekita, and finally ENCORE: Kill Me Kiss Me. 12 in total. Omitted WALLFLOWER.

First thing I gotta say is: There was some nice Ishiyoshi acshun going on. :heart: I think it was in the first song Yossy snakes her arm around Rika's waist and they hold hands and stuff. Everytime they did that the crowd goes insane. Daigong, me, everyone's all AHHHHHSLKDfjaklfjkasdjfskdjafWOOOOOSkfjlaskdf;kjheartheartMOARPLS!!!!! Then you got the random touching and feeling up the leg, etc. On a semi-related note: During the Q&A Panel Rika said right before concerts she'll write the kanji "hito" on her hand 3 times and swallow it, and she'll hug Hangry. I thought that was adorable.

The best Ishiyoshi ACSHUN moment, IMO, was in the encore when Yossy decides to spontaneously reach her arm around Rika's shoulders and pulls them close together, her hand finding its way to the top of her cleavage. :drool: Definitely got a reaction from there fans there. XD Rika got all shy and giggly lol.

All the new songs are just effin' GREAT. Not really good with describing songs, so hopefully they'll have previews up sometime? Maybe? *Has no idea* After the first song or two they came out with a bunch of circular glow sticks and started tossing them out into the audience. I managed to get a blue one from Rika, and a couple others from the group got some, too. My friend got one from each girl, damn tall people. XD

Really tired and I got work in the morning so I gotta cut this short for now. We camped out for about 4 hours so the group on front center. I have a bruise on my elbow as proof since I kept bashing it against the railing in front of me. :|

BLARGH. I just accidentally opened an image with this tab and when I hit back it cut off a bunch of what I wrote. >| Something about jumping up and down like maniacs, us yelling so much we couldn't talk right after, how awesome the rock version of The Peace! was and how I'd kill to have an audio, and how Yossy and Rika came out with the American flag around their shoulders like capes. I guess I'll stop here. Leave you guys with some pictures. Post more later.

The stage.

The view behind me: OMG DAIGONG.

Couldn't get pics of H&A, but this would be how close they were to us, using opening act Myuji's pics for reference. That's press up there.

The people present during the radio phone call:

Annnd if anyone is curious enough, here's a short video I got of the H&A mascots play fighting. Just imagine that it's Ishiyoshi, if you please. :D

The view behind me: OMG DAIGONG.

Couldn't get pics of H&A, but this would be how close they were to us, using opening act Myuji's pics for reference. That's press up there.

The people present during the radio phone call:

Annnd if anyone is curious enough, here's a short video I got of the H&A mascots play fighting. Just imagine that it's Ishiyoshi, if you please. :D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:03:50 PM by rev2hd »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Sounds fuckin awesome, dinny~
Ishiyoshi action sounds :drool: I like that picture of Dai. XD Get some rest, you all deserve it. :heart:

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Aah it all sounds so amazing!!
Thanks for all the reports everyone! <3333

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Rikki2

• Member+
Best memory was when Kimuuu and I bumped into them in our hotel lobby quite late after the concert had finished and telling Yossy that it was a great concert.  :twothumbs

Details, Choco, details! How were they dressed? What did they say? Were they coming in or going out to party?

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Lol, I'm still at work.  I decided to take a break to transcribe my notes from the Q&A panel.

I put "Y" for Yossy's answers and "R" for Rika's.
[edit1] Their responses in quotes means it's exactly what they said in English or Japanese.
[edit2] I learned how to spell "wotagei"  :lol: and I added some missing info that Kimuuu told me.

Introduction:
Translator: This is Hangry and this is... <crowd says "ANGRY!">
R: "Yes"

Question: Who are some artists that inspire you as a musician? [corrected]
Y: Michael Jackson, Britney Spears
R: Morning Musume

Question: Where do you get your clothes?
Y: Shibuya
R: Harajuku

Question: I couldn't hear the whole thing and it was quite a long story.   Basically the guy was asking Rika for permission to embroider this on the back of a jacket:

R: "...Ok"

Question: Since the concert was last night, what's your opinion about the differences between the American and Japanese audience?
Y: Saikou.  The American crowd knows how to enjoy themselves.  In Japan there is "wotagei" where the audience have choreographed dances and moves.  In America, they're more enthusiasic and individualistic, mostly the gesture is like: <Yossy demonstrates fist pumping in the air>
R: In Japan, there are mostly men in the audience.  I'm surprised to see so many women.

Question: Who is your favorite Techno artist?
R: Underworld

Question: In Morning Musume, was your tomboy character something that the managers asked you to portray or is that really your personality?
Y: When she joined she wanted to be an idol, then slowly it became her real self, but deep inside she wanted to be an idol.

Question: How do you feel about being the most beautiful women in the world?
R: "Happy, very happy"
Y: Very happy

Question: What is your favorite rock band?
Y: Girugamesh
R: Girugamesh
Y&R: Ah! Sharan-Q!

Question: What is your favorite anime?
Y: Crayon Shin-chan
R: Sailor Moon

Question: Would you like to come back to America?
Y: Of course

Question: (I couldn't hear all of this story either) A woman's 9 year old daughter was crying because she couldn't come from Florida.  Would they come back and go to Florida?
R: "Of course"

Question: Their first official US performance was in Washington State, would they have wanted it elsewhere?
Y&R: We were very happy to have it in Seattle and Sakura Con

Question: Were the band members we saw last night, their official band, or were they put together just for the concert?
Y: Just for the Sakura Con concert.

Kimuuu's Question: Are there any plans for a Hangry & Angry photobook?
R: It's not scheduled yet, but we wish there would be one.
Translator: Would you like that? <crowd cheers> Then you have to speak to the manager..
Y: Manager-san onegaishimasu.
I think at this point, their manager just says "Hello hello".

Question: Have you had to change your character after switching from Morning Musume to Hangry and Angry?
Y: It wasn't hard, I'm enjoying it.
R: I agree.
The translator explains that putting on the costumes and the make up is like a 'switch' for performing in character.

Question: What's your favorite part of the concert?
Y: I loved the crowd involvement, especially when I sang the line "Kill Me" then the crowd sang "Kill Me", then I sang "Kiss me" and the crowd repeated "Kiss Me".
R: Yes and the audience was enjoying the concert.

Question: Would there ever be a chance of Hangry and Charmy Ishikawa?
R: "No, I'm Angry."

Question: What was your favorite cosplay from the whole convention?
R: There was a character from One-Piece, Chopper, a reindeer but it was a woman.  She was showing a bit of her stomach and I thought it was sexy and cute.
Y: Sushi, maki sushi. *gestures like a person wearing an inflatable ring* I was out shopping when I saw it and was surprised.

Question: Would you like the chance to do an anime?
Y&R: Yes, we'd like to do it.

Question: Do you still participate in Gatas?
Y: I practice once a week.
R: I sabotage the practice a lot.

Question: What can we expect from Hangry and Angry in the future and in Japan?
Y: There's an album coming out in the fall.
R: We want to do a world tour.

Question: What's your favorite thing while sightseeing?
R: The ocean, seafood
Y: Seafood, the waterfront grill
Then they started naming things on the menu like lobster, hotate, kani, ebi, oyster, fish.  Everything was so good.

Question: When you performed The Peace, were you surprised that many of us knew it?
Y: It was very exciting that you knew The Peace already, but at the same time, we can't trick you.

Question: Why did you leave Morning Musume?
We graduated from Morning Musume and wanted to move onto the next step.

Question: In one interview you mentioned you wanted to go to the Space Needle, did you get a chance to see it?
Y: No, we didn't get a chance but I want to go.

Question: What are your thoughts and feelings leading up to the concert?
Y: I hope that people enjoy our concert.
R: I was very nervous.  Before the concert I'd write the character for "person" on my palm three times and swallow it, then I'd hug Hangry.

Question: Again I missed it but it had to do with how they felt the morning after the concert.
R: We got too excited, so when I woke up the next morning, my arm was sore.
Y: My neck hurt because I was head banging too much.

Question: Have you tried bubble tea, do you like it?
R: Daisuki!  My favorite is milk tea.
Y: "Ko-hi-. Coffee"

Question: What words and presents from fans make you happy?
R: Being able to see everyone's smiles where we can see you up close and personal like this, and coming to the concert.
Y: "Me too"

Question: Some of your American fans speak Japanese, is it surprising that there are some who don't know Japanese but still love your music?
Y: I love it.  Even when you say Japanese words like 'arigatou' or 'konnichiwa'.  It's exciting that you know the music.

Question: Who would you want to recruit for Gatas?
Y: Ronaldinho, Beckham, Raul
R: "Otoko dame!" we're a women's futsal team, is it ok?
Y: Yes
They'd like to recruit good players, so it's ok.

Question: When the crowd sang Happy Birthday to Hangry, how did you feel?
Y: I was totally surprised and happy.  Angry surprised and tricked me really good.

Message to fans:
Y: Thanks for coming to Sakura Con and the concert.  Please support us.
R: I'm happy to be here, please support us.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:29:20 AM by ChocoMochaKei »

Offline EternalW

• ecchi

Question: What can we expect from Hangry and Angry in the future and in Japan?
Y: There's an album coming out in the fall.

Awesome !  :twothumbs

Thanks for all the reports, you all seemed to had great moments there  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:16:55 AM by EternalW »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Nice transcription of the Q&A.  I really like this one...

Question: (I couldn't hear all of this story either) A woman's 9 year old daughter couldn't come from Florida.  Would they come back and go to Florida?
R: "Of course"

YES PLEASE.  WANT

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
A message from someone at 2ch.

Dear American H&A/H!P fans/wotas
We wish to express our gratitude to you.
We really enjoyed exciting reports and amazing photos.
外国人の視点による新鮮な感想は私たちまでも幸せにしてくれました。
羨ましいほどの素晴らしい体験をおめでとう。特にモー娘時代からのファンには。
海外コンサートの成功はおまえらのおかげです。
本当にありがとうございました。

EDIT: The Japanese part translates roughly as
We're happy to read fresh impressions from the perspective of foreign fans.
Congratulations on a wonderful enviable experience.
Especially from fans of the Morning Musume era.
Concert success overseas is because of you.
Thank you very much.

I've seen various reports on there from here, jpm, h!o, most of them quickly get translated by someone into Japanese.
It's usually us getting news from 2ch, and they've been following us as intently as some of us follow them.

:)

:otomerika:

EDIT2: LOL Masa, just saw your post.  This thread is already being followed!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:55:33 PM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
AWESOME!!! surely you enjoyed big time... lol and daigong actually touching Rika O.O you are my new hero dude o/ JPHIP 4LIFE

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Daigong where you at? We should give a shout out to 2ch with that pic with the entire group in front of the concert hall!

Offline Kookyprincess22

• self-proclaimed youngest female on jph!p
  • Member+
  • rawr
rev,You are extremely lucky! I wanted to see the ishiyoshi action too!

I'm a ninja pirate.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tahiti - Tonight