JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Puppy Love pt.2

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485628 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1760 on: November 27, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
I use BitComet for torrent downloads and open up a port on my home wireless network to utilize my download/upload speed (at least that's what I think it do).

could I use the same port on another computer that use BitComet or would there be some problems and I'll just open up another port? 

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1761 on: November 28, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
^ If you use an open routing you should be able to do that (me because I use a firewall also need to use different ports to route to different computers)

It still might be simpler to have the program choose a different random port.

But you might overload your internet connection when you are not careful (maximum upload will slowdown the downloads) why not use one computer for all BT's?

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1762 on: November 29, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »
I just bought this brand new 320 GB external hard drive. When I try to set it up, nothing really happens. The drive doesn't show up or anything like that.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1763 on: November 30, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »
I just ruined three (3) DL discs trying to burn a movie using Imgburn. 

I keep getting this error screen:

Is it possible that my burner is going kaput?  The thing is a few years old...

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1764 on: November 30, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
^ It will largely depend on how much you used it (and 'mean time between failure' means that: some die sooner, some later)

BTW: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/198749

It might also be you can get a bit more live from the drive by using different media?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1765 on: December 01, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
A lil bit of help here.

I haven't done any encoding in quite some time, so here's my question: I want to encode some PV vobs to avi using XviD and want the audio to be ac3 5.1, now is there an encoder that will handle both aspects or should I just demux the vob, encode the audio and video separately, and then remux it?
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1766 on: December 01, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
should I just demux the vob, encode the audio and video separately, and then remux it?
This is usually the best way to encode anyway.
What program/s are you planning to use for encoding and muxing?
Depending on the capabilities of the program, usually muxing ac3 audio is just as easy as muxing an mp3.
Now unless the audio from the vob isn't ac3 to begin with, you don't need to re-encode it. Simply demux the vob, then at the step where you locate the audio you wish to use in the encoded file, select the audio file that you demuxed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:38:17 PM by ebc »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1767 on: December 01, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Well, the audio is PCM for the PV vobs I have, the usual H!P stuff, so it'll be encoding wave to ac3.
For the muxing, I was going to use vdub mod, and for encoding the video I was going to use Gordian Knot.

My usual audio encoder I use, DBPoweramp, can encode the wave to ac3 for me, but not too sure if it'll give me the 5.1 I want, so I'll just need to check the settings when I encode it.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1768 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
I've used ffmpgGUI to convert wav to ac3.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1769 on: December 04, 2008, 02:19:21 AM »
I never have satellite TV before.
-Is it true that, even with today's modern technology, every tv should have it's own receiver in order to watch individually? 

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1770 on: December 04, 2008, 04:30:23 AM »
Yes, every TV needs a separate receiver to watch individually.

It's the same thing for cable and normal over the air tv. Every TV needs some sort of tuner to chose which channel they want to show on the tv set. Most TV's are built in with their own, but satellite companies need separate receivers to decode their companies signal to the image you see on the TV. It's the same thing with the whole digital change in the US where you need to get a digital receiver if they want to use older TV's because they were not built to decode the new digital signal. If you were to share the same tuner/receiver with multiple TVs, they would all be showing the same channel.

And with that I forgot my own problem

But in firefox, I'm having a "problem" with flash objects. I have to double click every item at the right time for anything to click. It's not a major problem, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it so I know if it's just something wrong with my flash plugin or if it's just how it is now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:42:10 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1771 on: December 04, 2008, 04:30:40 AM »
^
^
Yep.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1772 on: December 04, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
VirtualDub won't open .flv files for me to edit, anyone know a program I can use to convert .flv to .avi files?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1773 on: December 04, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »
VirtualDub won't open .flv files for me to edit, anyone know a program I can use to convert .flv to .avi files?
I use SUPER© to convert FLV files to AVI.

Go to the very bottom of this page to get the actual DL link.
http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1774 on: December 05, 2008, 02:50:18 AM »
is there a good website or thread on how to use Adobe Photoshop CS2?  nothing like a manual, just tips and tricks, I don't need to know how to work the whole thing.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1775 on: December 05, 2008, 03:27:24 AM »
I use SUPER© to convert FLV files to AVI.

Go to the very bottom of this page to get the actual DL link.
http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

I use Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter http://www.flvtoavien.glt.pl
You have to be careful what method of encoding you convert to.  It converts to xvid just fine, but when I tried some other type it used a weird codec and the file wouldnt play. :lol:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1776 on: December 05, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »
thanks guys!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1777 on: December 07, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
help me, JPH!P geeks, you're my only hope.

my automatic updates for some reason turned off the other day and I can't get them to work again. I click turn on and it tells me it can't and to do it through the control panel. I go there and try it, click automatic, apply, etc and then it still says its turned off. windows' update site said to do run>services.msc and turn on automatic updates through that, as well as turn on BITS and event log. BITS and event log are enabled, but when i try to enable the auto updates it says it cannot be started becuase it is either disabled (no shit) or because there are no enabled devices associated with it.

I didnt find any other useful info on the update site. anyone here know what i could do?

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1778 on: December 08, 2008, 02:15:33 AM »
You could try manually downloading and re/installing SP3 and see if that brings the automatic updates back to life

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1779 on: December 08, 2008, 02:20:57 AM »
I've had that problem before tenkei, in my experience, after about a month or so of trying to get them to work every now and then, it started to agree with me and let me turn it back on... Not particularly helpful :P But, if all else fails, that should give you hope ;)

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Puppy Love pt.2