JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485609 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1800 on: December 31, 2008, 04:42:28 AM »
So I accidentally formatted my Canon A590 IS and lost tons of pictures and videos. I want to unformat, but it won't show up as a drive letter in Windows, so I can't apply recovery software to it.

Any suggestions on how to make it show up as a drive?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1801 on: December 31, 2008, 06:31:20 AM »
Do you have a card reader? You'd probably need to format it first anyway, then run the recovery software. It should still work fine as long as you haven't taken any more pics with it, overwriting the ones you want.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartrecovery.html This should work fine.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1802 on: January 01, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
Well, I got a card reader and was able to get back about 90%. Thanks for the help.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1803 on: January 02, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
guys, i have a really stubborn cd/dvd drive..i tried to open it but i just got the cover(which I put back on) i wnat to burn stuff, but I can't since the thing won't open now. how do I go about it?

also if it helps, i try to eject it..it says the drive is currently in use, but there's no disc in it :banghead:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:53:34 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1804 on: January 02, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
Might need to get a new one, really there's not much else you can do if it's faulty.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1805 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
There should be a pin hole in the front of the drive..
If you push a safety pin or paperclip in, the drive should pop out..

If that doesn't work, then I would just reboot the pc, and push the eject button when it's booting back up..

All else fails, buy a new drive!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1806 on: January 03, 2009, 11:21:35 PM »
well..may have to now, since it won't pop off..good news is, i got a 500 GB drive that I can put all of my files on them and transfer back to my drive later.

which leads to my question: do I need to format it for the first time? also, do I need to make a new file for my stuff? I think I needed to for the last time, so just remind me if I need to, thanks!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1807 on: January 04, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »
When I want to sync my sansa m250 2GB mp3 player to Windows Media Player 10, I usually uncheck the "Create folder hierarchy on device" under sync settings, so I can upload 810 songs on it and playlists, which is more than m250 can recognize...
But I'm been having problems with WMP10 so I decided to upgrade to WMP11.  But then I can't "uncheck" that option. 

Question 1: is there a way around that?  or fix it?  any plug-ins or something that I can install for my WMP11?
Q2: if not, what other media player can I use to sync my songs and playlists to my Sansa device?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:52:28 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1808 on: January 04, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
which leads to my question: do I need to format it for the first time? also, do I need to make a new file for my stuff? I think I needed to for the last time, so just remind me if I need to, thanks!
Most drives these days are already formatted either FAT32 or NTFS.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1809 on: January 04, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
Question 1: is there a way around that?  or fix it?  any plug-ins or something that I can install for my WMP11?
Q2: if not, what other media player can I use to sync my songs and playlists to my Sansa device?

Q1: No idea, I do not use WMP11 for sync. First thing I do is turn that off (my music collection is to big to fit anyway)
Q2: Doesn't it show up as a drive letter? then you can copy files by hand every which way you want or need.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1810 on: January 04, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »
Most drives these days are already formatted either FAT32 or NTFS.

Oh, okay..guess all I need to do is create a new folder and I'm set then, thanks!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1811 on: January 04, 2009, 11:16:10 PM »

Q1: No idea, I do not use WMP11 for sync. First thing I do is turn that off (my music collection is to big to fit anyway)
Q2: Doesn't it show up as a drive letter? then you can copy files by hand every which way you want or need.
If you mean the drag and drop method, then yes I could... but then I can't drag-and-drop my playlists as well as syncing it using WMP11.  so then I can't really use that method.
for now, I revert back to using WMP10 until there's a way around it for WMP11 or when I find another media player that can do all I wanted.   

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1812 on: January 05, 2009, 07:33:33 AM »
^ I use only one playlist type: play everything and repeat :)

I know some players can pick up a .m3u so if you export the list as that and drop it in the player? although you probably get problems with subdirs and such (I would)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1813 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
When I want to sync my sansa m250 2GB mp3 player to Windows Media Player 10, I usually uncheck the "Create folder hierarchy on device" under sync settings, so I can upload 810 songs on it and playlists, which is more than m250 can recognize...
But I'm been having problems with WMP10 so I decided to upgrade to WMP11.  But then I can't "uncheck" that option. 

If you mean the drag and drop method, then yes I could... but then I can't drag-and-drop my playlists as well as syncing it using WMP11.  so then I can't really use that method.
for now, I revert back to using WMP10 until there's a way around it for WMP11 or when I find another media player that can do all I wanted.   

Woah!  Deja vu!  I swear I've seen those posts before, months ago.
Weird!
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1814 on: January 06, 2009, 03:46:06 AM »
^yah, I guess I did post that question a while back. 
I just thought that after all those months that there would be a solution to my problems.  Maybe I was just being hopeful that Microsoft actually update WMP11 or create something that can help. 
Or otherwise someone here find a solution and could give me a few tips, or at least recommend me a media player with syncing capabilities that I'm looking for, i.e.:
-not creat a "hierarchy folder" as so I can upload as many songs as I can (810 max) on my m250 2Gb. 
-able to upload playlists.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1815 on: January 08, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
I need some serious help here...

I want to try and create and seed a torrent on here and I'm screwed:

I use uTorrent and I wonder if there is a step-by-step detailed(but easy) process on how to do it..I almost screwed up my file and I'm pulling my hair out, screaming and crying..any help guys?

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1816 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:25 AM »
I need some serious help here...

I want to try and create and seed a torrent on here and I'm screwed:

I use uTorrent and I wonder if there is a step-by-step detailed(but easy) process on how to do it..I almost screwed up my file and I'm pulling my hair out, screaming and crying..any help guys?

To create the .torrent file I use TorrentSpy-0.2.4.26. (0.4mb)
When running, simply drag the file or folder you wish to torrent onto the app, paste in the tracker announce address (the tracker page should tell you what it is, it'll be in the form of http://something.blah/announce.php.  Some trackers don't care what you put because they add that info themselves, some don't)
Click 'Create torrent file'.  The torrent file will be created.  Then close Torrentspy, it's just for creating the .torrent file.

Upload the .torrent file to the tracker and add the other info, description etc.
DOWNLOAD the torrent file that you just uploaded off the torrent page you created.  You must download the file, the one you uploaded won't work.

Then open the torrent file you downloaded in your torrent client, the same as you would to download a torrent, and for the destinantion file or folder, point it at the files you want to seed.  The torrent client will check the files, see they're complete, and start seeding.

BEFORE YOU START, Always make a copy of the thing you wish to upload, just in case the files get screwed up somehow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:18:21 AM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1817 on: January 08, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
The procedure should be almost exactly the same as dan's for utorrent. Click "new torrent," choose the file(s) you want to share, paste in the tracker(s), create. Then upload the torrent. When you open the torrent, make sure you select the download folder as the exact same folder and files that you selected when you created it. It should check the files and then be ready to seed.

And yeah, copying the files to a new location would be a good idea. I usually use the copied files to seed so I can do whatever I want with the original files, whether it's renaming, moving, etc. Cause you don't want to edit the files you're seeding, cause that will screw up the torrent.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1818 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:22 PM »
okay..I think I finally got it to work: had to copy and move the file from my external HD to my computer HD, probably the reason why it was messed up..thanks again guys!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1819 on: January 09, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
does anyone knows what is the maximum number of songs I can put on a playlist for Sansa Fuze 8GB? 
i dunno why but I'm having problem syncing a playlist with over 930 songs... using WMP10

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey