JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485611 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2440 on: November 19, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
^ And they work very nice with Google 'Goggles' even when taken from a TV screen!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2441 on: November 28, 2010, 05:23:50 AM »
having trouble with my ipod touch 4g lately.  Though I checked the folders or even sync the entire photo library, but i cannot find several pictures, more like 2,000,  in the photos.  what really weird is that I didn't had this problem before.  The pictures were on there before, but it just stops syncing the photos now.  perhaps it being png format might had made a different, but it was always png and it was uploaded before, i dunno why the change. 

someone help.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2442 on: December 01, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
Anyone know how to bypass those annoying megaupload download limits?
Maybe in a way that it can be used with jdownloader.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #2443 on: December 01, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #2444 on: December 03, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
I guess this is tech related <,<;;

To cut a long story short, my uncle sent me an e-mail with an attached txt file. The txt file was supposed to be a letter to me from some Japanese dude he got in contact with somehow. But lo and behold, when I open said file, it looks like this:

........ .(.. ...)...
................!
.......(......)......................2.....

8D which is just... awesome. Is there any way for me to retrieve what was once in this file? I'm assuming it got like this because my uncle's computer doesn't have the correct language packs installed or... something. I've never had problems with displaying Japanese characters before, so I blame my uncle. XD;

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
IMGburn crash
« Reply #2445 on: December 06, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »

CRASH!  Tried burning a double-layer disc and got a coaster instead.  I'm afraid my new PC is just fucked up.  Bad wiring?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2446 on: December 06, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
^ If the 'interpretation' is correct you have either a bad drive (the motor) or maybe the disk wasn't really inserted properly and 'wobbled' so much that the motor couldn't track anymore.

You tried again? DL disks are always problematic is my experience.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2447 on: December 06, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
Even worse, this is the frickin' C-drive.  Too scared to do anything at the moment...

"Tech Support" (out of Dehli or wherever) suggested "checking the connections" for the hard drives.  Isn't that always the case: either that or "reboot."

My old six-year-old Dell Optiplex never produced a DL coaster...

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2448 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
"Tech Support" (out of Dehli or wherever) suggested "checking the connections" for the hard drives.  Isn't that always the case: either that or "reboot."
Re-seating the connectors is a known good thing to try, things can get loose over time or when you do something else in the machine.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2449 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
OK did some research as to the exact make/model of the stock (LG) dvd burner.  I don't think it supports DL discs!  Sheesh, I thought ALL burners could hack that format!

Gaaahhhhh...

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2450 on: December 17, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
Can anyone reccommend a good, durable AC ipod charger?  The cords on these cheep ones seem to shred quick...

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2451 on: December 18, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »
Just got my new MacBook Pro (with Microsoft Office 2011, etc.) and I'm trying to sign into MSN 8, but it won't let me...

It says something about my connection or not being connected to the net, but I am, and everything else can sign in fine. My Mac firewall is on, but it's currently not blocking any program, so I'm stumped.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2452 on: December 18, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »
Also, does anyone know how to sync Microsoft Outlook with an e-mail like yahoo or hotmail?

Meaning, when I add a contact, read an e-mail, etc. then the same actions will be applied to my web account? I don't want to read e-mails in Outlook and they're still unread when I sign in via my browser.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2453 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »
^ I have the same problem (for Hotmail) and found a solution: a Windows Phone 7 does it correctly  :grin:

The hotmail connector for Outlook (2010 is what I use) seems to only work for receiving currently.

Offline somebodyonetoldme

« Reply #2454 on: December 29, 2010, 08:46:52 AM »

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2455 on: January 01, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
I'm having a problem signing into irc, I get the /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.
and I enter it with the password, and it keeps telling me its a bad password.
once in a while it works but kicks me out of chat and I have t o start all over.
Life is one time.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2456 on: January 01, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »
^ This might sound like a dumb response for me but just to make absolutely sure, you are typing in '/msg NickServ IDENTIFY' and then your password your registered with right? Took me a few attempts to realise it myself. XD

Can anyone help me with a slight issue I have with Windows Movie Maker? I have a video I want to cut a 15 min segment from and when I try it with Windows Movie Maker it compresses the video display much smaller than the original. I would like to have just that segment cut out as a clip into a separate video file, as is, from the original (keeping the original intact obviously) with no compression or anything. I certainly don't see any option to adjust the size of the video display anywhere in the program. Alternatively, are there any good programs that does the same functionality? I tried installing some other programs I found through Google but when I attempt to import them, it says it can't recognise that the video is .AVI. Now that is the movie's fault to be fair, as other movies do seem to work, but it's definately listed as being .AVI. Wonder if I'm missing codecs or something.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2457 on: January 01, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
that I did, copy / paste makes it easy. I even reset my password and tried, still says bad passord.
Life is one time.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2458 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12:47 AM »
@Tuffty

tools I normally use for cutting avi. should handle most stuff:
Virtualdub if it's plain avi. just set the video to Direct stream copy.
for avi H.264 stuff, you could try avidemux. might need to re-encode if the video or audio come out weird.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2459 on: January 05, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
I shall give it a try, thanks winner! :w00t:

Now, does anyone know if there's a way to bypass those annoying time limits on sites like jpops or FileShare where you have to wait 15 mins or so before downloading another file? Without going for the Premium account, naturally :D

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken