JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - Computer City

Author Topic: Arrested Development  (Read 10130 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Arrested Development
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:42:22 AM »
I can't believe that this awesome show doesn't have it's own thread (it.. doesn't, right? I searched the forum with no result so o_o; ).

The show got cancelled, but fans will always love this show. Show your AD love!

Plot summary:
"Michael Bluth, a widower with a 13-year-old son, named George-Michael, is forced to keep his large and dysfunctional family together after his father is arrested for shifty accounting practices at the family-owned conglomerate and the Bluth family assets are frozen, making each member of the eccentric family panicing. Michael's snobbish mother, Lucille, finds herself living alone in a penthouse without the financial means to maintain it, while Michael's two brothers, GOB and Buster, and his sister Lindsay with her husband Tobias and her daughter Mae also find themselves having to recreate their lifestyles to fit their new financial status."

As boring as that plot summery may sound, those who have watched and followed the show know that this show is filled with a humor unmatched by any other show. The situations, character and story-telling, I personally love it all. How about you? Share your favourite quotes, rant about favourite episodes and bitch about the cancelling of the show! :D

In short, discuss and share the love! XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Arrested Development
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 04:30:47 AM »
Yeah, I was bummed when they cancelled it. Just as I was watching a shitload of "Arrested Development" since I latched onto the series earlier last year. GENIUS. a bit of narration and that documentary style camera, Jason Bateman is solid in his role. And good to see Portia de Rossi be hot. Works so well with the supporting cast being so fuckin weird.

I must say though...strange they replaced Marta with a more latino looking model:

Leonar Varela >>> Patrica Velesaquez <3

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
Arrested Development
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 06:31:40 AM »
I loved Arrested Developement! Daigong said pretty much what I wanted to say, so, yeah..

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Arrested Development
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:22:29 PM »
Quote from: daigong
I must say though...strange they replaced Marta with a more latino looking model:

Leonar Varela >>> Patrica Velesaquez <3

Hee~ If I remember correctly, they replace Marta three or four times during the show XD. I didn't notice until they talked about it on the commentary track for one of the episodes (season 1 dvd FTW)

As bummed as I am about the canceling, I do feel that the very last episode was really good. It was a perfect ending and there wasn't really any way to pick up the show after that. I appreciated that they did that rather than doing a sort of open ending, teasing the fans with hope that there may come more later.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Arrested Development
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
One of my favourite tv shows. Superbly written and so clever. Was gutted to hear it was cancelled. :( Tobias FTW!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Arrested Development
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 05:12:57 AM »
The Season 3 DVDs come out this week. Check out the "exclusive clip" great commentary by Jason Bateman :thumbsup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EXDS7K/103-3062739-7295848?v=glance&n=130 Here's some

Here's some extreme HQ digital pix I found:

I am still left hanging from the final episodes. With Charlize Theron and her British Spying, Steve Holt being George Michael and Maybe's cousin XD and Tobias

He's so gay :lol:

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
OMG! I can't believe this thread never got updated. Arrested Development may be coming back for 9 or 10 episodes as a lead in to the movie. Here is a source
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-uncanceled/105701/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:13:12 PM by natme »

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
May? It's been confirmed absolutely everywhere. The actors where tweeting about how excited they were (I jizzed in my pants)

ANYWAY. COMPLETELY FORGOT THIS THREAD WAS HERE, HAHAHHA.

It's so awesome, I'm incredibly excited.

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
May? It's been confirmed absolutely everywhere. The actors where tweeting about how excited they were (I jizzed in my pants)

I'm always skeptical. Also, they still don't have anywhere to air it, so it could still fall through. I know they were looking into IFC and Netflix though.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »
I don't care if it's straight to DVD, I'll watch the hell out of this XD;

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
I was so excited about the news that I blue myself

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
CONFIRMED Arrested Development!!!! from some reunion fest thing by the New Yorker.

everyone supposed to be back! been rewatching the seasons KAKADOOODLEDOOOO. drop your favorite moments! what do you want to see?? NEVER NUDE XD

The new season of "Arrested Development" is expected to appear on Netflix, perhaps all at once, sometime in early 2013 (April?). Some rumors have pegged that date as occurring sometime in the spring, but we will have to wait for further confirmation. Series creator Mitch Hurwitz has previously said that the planned 10 episodes may not be enough to tell the stories they want to and that more episodes could be added.

walk on contest!!

featured on EW

SPOILER ALERT!!

first pic from the set...tweeted by Conan http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1696454/arrested-development-season-four.jhtml

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »
Lol I can't stop watching

just those inside jokes that keep popping up like George Sr. wearing the old clothes of the Bluth Family. :lol:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »
Am i the only one rewatching all the episodes non stop??

I loved the deleted scenes, so much indepth storylines. GREAT!!! and copped some DVD commentary oh what a great cast - the gel like NO OTHER! esp. Michael and GOB

Michael Cera On His New “Arrested Development” Role

“Mitch mentioned to me coming in [to the writer’s room] one day, and I was very excited that he had invited me,” Cera told MTV. “I went in, and he said, ‘Come back tomorrow,’ and I kept coming back because I really wanted to stick around until I integrated with them … It was a very small room this year. It was only like five guys. It was really fun and friendly and not too intimidating. There were a few days where there were 10 guys in there. I was like ‘Woah.’ I felt kind of in over my head … Then he just asked me if I wanted to actually come on and actually work there. It was a nice gift from him to me.”

via huffposttv:

Hey guys, I got this for you.

It’s one of the new official “Arrested Development” stills that Netflix released. The new season premieres in May and will be 14 episodes. Want to know more and see another pic? Of course you do, so click here.

some more photos: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/arrested-development-photos-jason-bateman-michael_n_2443017.html

Who is your fave Recurring 'Arrested Development' Character??? Gimme. Carl Weathers! YOU GOT A STEW GOIN!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »
:rofl: oh the puns. how they gonna keep going Maeybe and George Michael.. ALL 15 at once!!

Season Four STARTS SUNDAY MIDNIGHT COME ON!!!

AT LAST!! http://www.facebook.com/ArrestedDevelopment

I can't believe that this awesome show doesn't have it's own thread (it.. doesn't, right? I searched the forum with no result so o_o; ).

me too. did u watch the reunion, the puns the writing has it been this long??

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
I finally finished watching all the new EPs! So good... But now I want more XD

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist