JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D[di] - Scream Teddy

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 759431 times)

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1460 on: June 03, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »
Anyone have this Dragon Voice Z episode?

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1461 on: June 03, 2012, 05:53:55 AM »
Seems like Tokyo Zepp live is being broadcast live on FujiTV One, official site didn't mention this did they? Hopefully the master content providers out there know this info. and record it!

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1462 on: June 03, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »
Seems like Tokyo Zepp live is being broadcast live on FujiTV One, official site didn't mention this did they? Hopefully the master content providers out there know this info. and record it!
It was mentioned on the official website, so I wouldn't worry about it  :)
The fact that we already have the new song from the concert up on youtube says enough   XD

Offline burglarnoone

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1463 on: June 03, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
Yeah i got it off share earlier today. I'm going to upload it for my own storage on mediafire, if by the time its completed its not been shared by Gakikame on the tracker yet then i'll post the links.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1464 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1465 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
I wasn't sure where to post this, but just a random rant I have...

I just checked out Morning Musume's new single, and I really liked it. It's catchy, has energy, and very cool.

Then I watched Idoling's Zepp Tokyo live, and it just came to me, the voice inside my head said Idoling is not up to par.

Are we asking too much from Idoling? As far as live goes, I think having a diva like Maipuru and Rurika just clouded our eyes a little, yeah Idoling is an idol group, but singing and dancing should've not been taken this seriously by the fans.

Idoling members don't get picked by how good they sing or dance to begin with.

Maybe this whole Zepp live tour was a mistake. I'm not seeing anything new or different, it's just a glorified shinahachi live, no live band, no elaborate sets, not even multiple costumes. Have they even sold out Fukuoka yet?

The management is focusing too much on the live aspect when the group is not strong in that department.

Just a thought.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #1466 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
I don't see the issue with it; them doing a tour doesn't sway me one way or the other.  MM has been different from the start, so it's hard to compare the two.  Don't forget, Tsunku is a musician himself, and he writes their stuff.  Idoling!!! doesn't have someone like that.  IMO, while Idoling!!! has good songs, their music has never been their strong point.  That doesn't mean they should forgo doing live events and tours, though.  More exposure is, generally, a good thing.  Oh, and Tsunku doesn't exactly choose girls he thinks are the best singers/dancers/whatever.  He chooses girls he feels have the most potential, and he's done a pretty good job at that throughout the years.  He's been able to pull off some crazy transformations.  I'm actually still not sure how Idoling!!! chooses their girls, to be honest.

But anyway, as long as the TV show continues, I'll continue to watch.  That's what I care about the most, and I feel that's the aspect you were getting at with your post in the first place.  To be honest, I've never watched a single continuous live by them.  I enjoy that they're going out there without any real lipsyncing, but it can be real harsh at times.  Then again, I'm a fan of the 48 groups, and pretty much all their stuff is lipsynced.  As a musician, I can't bring myself to watch that because it's fairly boring and, IMO, cheating.  I guess I just can't be pleased.  :lol:
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1467 on: June 06, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
I'm pretty much on the same boat with Code001. All these changes in the music direction, lives and singles marketing strategies don't really affect me so much as my focus is simply just on the TV show. As long as they don't go back to the 3rd gen TV series slump, I'm a happy fan. I've been talking about this to a few people before maybe they should've open an Idoling!!! booth during gasshuukoku just to let people try playing acchimuitepie or iisou shiritori that'll be more epic than just the free lives.

However despite all that, I still think that it is a very commendable effort by Kado-P. He's able to pull out money for the whole tour thing despite FujiTV's lousy treatment of the group. It just so seems that there is no way to break through FujiTV's discrimination on their shows, maybe that's why they are pushing through the lives. Just my thought.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1468 on: June 06, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »
I think the problem lies a little different. As any group would want to do, is to progress and gain more fans/supporters. However the Idoling!!! show is on FujiTV One, a paid(?) digital channel, and the ondemand part is also paid. So exposure to the general public is not easy, and putting a weekly digest during Kara no~ a late night show with late night themes and late night gags by yamazaki isn't helping that either. Like kei said, let them have an Idoling!!! booth on gasshuukoku, not just mini lives. (I do think they'd have to do Acchi Muite Pie without the pies though XD)
So how do you reach out to the general public?, by releasing music, just like any other idol group. And to be able to make an impression on the general public they need sales in the top 3, preferably no. 1. And they use it every time on every show where they are mentioned after a single has been released (3rd weekly on oricon, 2nd weekly on oricon, 1st daily on oricon).
I really liked the fact that Idoling!!! always sing live during their concerts (even if it doesn't always sound good), putting a live band behind them, even strings, that makes an impression as an idol group. So I was kinda surprised with this Zepp tour, to see all of that gone except for the live singing. In terms of entertainment, it's a step back. (I do however have to say that I enjoyed the concert very much as I always do  8))

Of course, Idoling!!! was born as a TV show and it will stay that way and we love it  :lol:

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1469 on: June 06, 2012, 03:00:12 AM »
Something that I expect most from Idoling!!! live is... MC part.  :P
Rehearsal talk was funny, like Kaoru-Ramu relation, Umeko with towel, etc. Should be more.

The only Idoling!!! member that having dance training outside the group is Ruka. Most Idoling!!! members having vocal training at karaoke, if no training at all. Idoling!!! choreo is so repetitive. The whole things you can't compare Idoling!!! to other groups with strong source of money and specialized trainers.

I don't want them to be momusu, or akb, or fairies, or whatever. Though I wished Idoling!!! to have TGS Ayano and/or move to avex. Pony Canyon marketing is shit.

Bruce Lee said,

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1470 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:31 AM »
Hmm I never really thought into the popularity aspect of it, I was just pondering the concept of Idoling going back to the beginning, and seeing how they do even more lives than Hello Project just seemed ironic you know. I must ask the staff if that is the Idoling they had in mind, and if so, then my gripe basically comes down to:

Why didn't they pick a couple of singing sensations in the recent auditions with so many lives in the schedule?

And that probably relates to why I almost had to will myself to watch the whole Zepp live because there's nothing new in terms of performance, no new amazing vocal to look forward to. It's the same Maipuru and the rest.

That's the difference between Morning Musume and Idoling, when they see a need for a new ace Tsunku goes out there and finds Sayashi, but not Idoling, and what has transpired is that Maipuru is still the one carrying the load of the vocal delivery in lives and she's taking a toll. With no Sayashi on Idoling to groom, all these lives seem pointless, other than selling merchandise.

So what I'm saying is, Idoling is on a stand-still, all these lives simply don't fit towards the group's real needs.

On episode #875, Mori director said he wants Idoling to become a hit, but doesn't know what Idoling really can do at this point, that's how I feel, because well, they didn't pick any vocal talents to improve the group.

I was a little surprised though when Masuno said maybe Idoling is already a hit depending on perspective, as the group has its own show running for 6 years. This was a complete turn-around from what he used to say by making fun of Idoling that they lost to AKB and Momoclo. I guess Masuno has softened up a little and toned his sarcastic nature down for that moment, but even with his kind words, I don't think Idoling has a clear direction right now.

Idoling has an identity crisis.

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1471 on: June 06, 2012, 04:02:07 AM »
That's why i love Idoling!!! so much  :twothumbs :twothumbs. To be honest, i'm an ex-SPEED, H!P (Momusu etc), & 48s fan. I've search so long for a "match" Idol group, so far Idoling!!! is the answer. I see that they offer different side of Idol group. Their show, their live events (although not as good as Momusu & SPEED), each members personality also interesting, everyone have a different strong character (same like Momusu old-days).

About the management's strategy, i see that Kado-P (and the rest management) wants to be like that. It's not that Idoling!!! cannot promote herself very well or etc, but the management have their own way. In compassion to 48's group, i think they overexpose too much. But i think it's fine, that's how Aki-P (and 48's management) wants. Also different for Tsunku point of view.

So, in the end, i do not really care if Idoling!!! singles/albums placed in #3, or #2 or maybe #1, or maybe they have "plain" concert or shows. I just love Idoling!!!...

Picture from Idoling!!! fansama picture page (credit to SuzukiRyo)

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline cicily

• Member+
« Reply #1472 on: June 06, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »
Let's keep in mind that the main reason for the existence of Idoling!!! is to serve as exclusive content to promote Fuji TV's paid channels, specifically FujiTV ONE and NEXT. Just like Game of Thrones serves as exclusive content to promote HBO.

Take a look at the Idoling!!! program guide (http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/b_hp/100000042.html). Aside from sports programming and Korean drama series, no other TV show has more exposure on FujiTV's paid channels than Idoling!!!. Not even Game Center CX (the only other variety show that is ranked higher than Idoling!!! by FujiTV's own rankings - http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/) has as much exposure on their paid TV channels.

The fact that the show survived for 6 years and hasn't been canceled says to me that Idoling!!! is still serving its purpose well. From that perspective, Idoling!!! is definitely considered a hit. All the other income (music sales, merchandise sales, fansama club memberships, YouTube advertising, etc.) is just icing on the cake. I don't even think FujiTV cares whether they sell out or make money on the various live events. The live events are yet more content that they can use and reuse again on FujiTV's paid channels. Which is why every live concert is broadcast live, even Maipuru's solo concert.

If Kado-P is really doing a bad job at managing Idoling!!! and is causing the group to be in stand still, I don't think he (and his whole team) would be given the mandate by FujiTV to pursue even bigger projects like Tokyo Idol Festival and the like.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1473 on: June 06, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
I must say that I like Jenus's rants and opinions. To the point and interesting. I agree with him on most parts. I don't know if Japanese fans think the same way as we do in here. Probably not, as they seem to be eating anything up. Someone should really have a word with those two "main" guys, via Twitter, Facebook or Imatsubu.

Even if most of us (jphip dudes and dudettes) pretty much only like their TV show, the majority, people abroad seem to be in these groups almost only because of their music. They are not that much into their (Idoling) songs/music. Having too many bad singers and many uninteresting songs is not helping at all.

Also their TV show has become quite boring, at least for a non Japanese viewers and for people who don't understand the language. I think that the western audiences might get all excited, if the TV show would be like this

instead of talk, talk, talk... Though that "sexy" and "weird" thing is not their thing at all. Plus too many younger members.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1474 on: June 07, 2012, 03:57:20 AM »
Glad I have curiosity to Japanese language.
Two years ago I was just blindly watching Idoling!!! episodes, but now thanks to them (and mozilla firefox) I got better.
After 5th gen joined, only sashiko appearance and nicohachi/NGK live that I considered boring episodes.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1475 on: June 07, 2012, 04:52:56 AM »
I want to see Idoling!!! go out of the studio more, even if it means incorporating the outside footage alongside the studio one.
Heck, even #859 was awesome because we got to see a bit more of the studios.
That's a great observation, I've always found interaction with outside elements very intriguing, one of my favorite episodes is when they marched into FujiTV announcers' room and asked the female announcers to spot a fake member. Doing things inside the studio among the members is ok but it gets repetitive and predictable. It would be cool to see a regular episode where members go outside and do something just for the heck of it.

There's one segment that I thought of while watching the members visiting random schools to experience a normal school life. What if 3 members from Secret Girls infiltrate a random school as transfer students for a day and see if the students can identify them. Each member would be assigned to a different class, and they'd do things to make it easier for other students to notice the clues, and whoever that gets identified first wins. I think segments like this would help broaden Idoling's name to the younger audience, because that's what they are lacking severely right now, considering the only public/free avenue to watch Idoling is that late show FujiTV Karano.

Another segment I thought of is that they could do a whole show on a public street in Shibuya or something where there's a lot of people. What they do on the show doesn't really matter, but just being there will likely draw a lot of attention, that's a great way to market Idoling to the people other than Idoling fanatics.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1476 on: June 07, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
Glad I have curiosity to Japanese language.
Two years ago I was just blindly watching Idoling!!! episodes, but now thanks to them (and mozilla firefox) I got better.
After 5th gen joined, only sashiko appearance and nicohachi/NGK live that I considered boring episodes.
Same here, whenever I hear a word that I hear frequently I look it up, I've gotten better myself as well.

Don't forget the Conan OP Quiz, that was boring as hell. That episode could be from before 5th gen joined, but they're actually doing another episode with this segment now, #876... (whoever got that idea anyway...and whoever allowed it for a second time...?!?). But yeah, most of it is fun whatever they do  :lol:

Going out of the studio is certainly fun. The running race just outside the studio, endless introductions, that race where they had to run as fast as possible from outside of the building into the studio (while Masuno(?) carrying a chair) from the old episodes. The fun thing is that the fujitv building & odaiba is so perfect for this.
But actually going on the streets would be interesting indeed, have them barge into Shibuya or Harajuku (while avoiding the A*B store there).
Make teams of 3 (thus 7 teams), and let them look for certain items throughout takeshita dori in Harajuku. Although I'd expect them to do this for a Gekkan dvd (on a smaller scale), but they should do this on a bigger scale for a 2-part episode.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1477 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
yeah. kinda weird they have a whole island for themselves, and don't utilize it much.
I've visited in the mornings. They could play dodgeball in the streets and it would be safe. :lol:
I guess Gekkan Idoling!!! episodes fills this void.
At least the've stopped the tradition of playing mah-jong through multi-episodes (they have stopped, right?). :banghead:

Aside from all the sporty badminton, dodgeball, sumo episodes, I normally enjoy the dress-up shows the most. Like when they cosplayed monsters, and went all disco era, and turned ikemen.
So I'm not really concerned if it's studio or not, as long as its fun. :)

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1478 on: June 08, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
I went to FujiTV to see the recording of 5 episodes today, and I can say it's like they've read our posts. There was an episode where they went outside of the studio again (and left the crowd in the studio just to watch it on the tv)  :lol:
But that's all I'm going to say ;)

Watching them in real 3D is so awesome!  :w00t:

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1479 on: June 08, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »
^way to make us jealous  :banghead:

Basically i like whatever they throw at us in the show as long as there is variety in the material.  And IMO 'worthless' episode like the Conan quiz is exactly what makes them Idoling!!! if you know what i mean  :nervous

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D[di] - Scream Teddy