JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - You are my girl

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1003047 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #880 on: October 24, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
The Layton vs. Phoenix Wright game *O* Waaaaaah most awesome crossover announcement... ever? Y/Y? 8D!!!

As for PS3 vs Xbox360... I play my Xbox more, but the PS3 sees more use as it's a really good media center. Also, mmmm blu ray player 8]

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #881 on: October 24, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

I'm just TOO ELITE  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #882 on: October 24, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
How the hell Brad? For a guy with such a monotone voice,  Brad Shoemaker from Giant Bomb has got a pretty decent falsetto voice.

Never played any of the games, but the Hitman series looked pretty cool. Good to see then that the VA for the titular character all but confirmed Hitman 5

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #883 on: October 29, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
A blast from the past, in the future, now!

I actually played a "Persona/SMT-like" game when I was a kid. Don't remember anything about it other than it was fun. Just another one of those mystery games I'll never find again.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #884 on: October 30, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
Special offer for Halloween from Tale of Tales!!!
Get The Path, The Graveyard and Fatale TOGETHER for whatever price you wanna pay! (but at least 3$)

http://tale-of-tales.com/DoD/

I'd totally purchase this for the excellent The Path, but sadly my PC is too old and can't handle the game  :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »
I can't stop playing the Fist of the North Star demo. It rocks so much! I'm really impressed with it overall, there's a nice depth to the combat that I didn't initially think was there. Every punch and kick just feels heavy, that might sound like a bad thing but it's not, you feel like they all connect as a result and they hit hard. The special moves feel so satisfying. Aside from that, the setting is cool, music is rocking, the English dub is awful XD But you've got the option of the original Japanese dub too, so it's all good. Thinking I might just buy it after all.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #886 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »
Who has 3 days left until their last ever high school exam?

Me o/

Who bought Bayonetta today?

I did XD

I'm keeping the game sealed in its flimsy plastic wrapping until I finish my exam. Even opening it to look at the disc might overwhelm me, so I'm not going to take the risk. Resist resist resist :banghead:

I'm going to have much fun after this last exam :thumbup

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #887 on: November 01, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
I can't stop playing the Fist of the North Star demo. It rocks so much! I'm really impressed with it overall, there's a nice depth to the combat that I didn't initially think was there. Every punch and kick just feels heavy, that might sound like a bad thing but it's not, you feel like they all connect as a result and they hit hard. The special moves feel so satisfying. Aside from that, the setting is cool, music is rocking, the English dub is awful XD But you've got the option of the original Japanese dub too, so it's all good. Thinking I might just buy it after all.

I played the demo yesterday, but couldn't get into the combat and got my ass kicked in the end XD
But yay for japanese audio and the presentations of the special moves looked really cool!

I just ordered Deadly Premonition! XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
Who has 3 days left until their last ever high school exam?

Me o/

Who bought Bayonetta today?

I did XD

Oh dude! Hell yeh! :w00t: I thought you were gonna go with Vanquish at first, but no matter! You gotta tell us your thoughts about Bayonetta! I love talking about it XD I guaran-damn-tee that you're gonna love it :D

I played the demo yesterday, but couldn't get into the combat and got my ass kicked in the end XD
But yay for japanese audio and the presentations of the special moves looked really cool!

XD Did you play as Rei? I struggled as Kenshiro cause they just put you right into a boss fight without any explaination of the controls, play as Rei however and you actually go through a stage, the meat of the game, and are given tutorials on what to do, it's a much better indication of what the game's like.

Had the most annoying game of Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday. Some people just don't have a clue.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:53:56 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #889 on: November 01, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
^ Ah no, I didn't try Rei, since I thought it would be the same thing.
Guess I have to re-download and try again XD
Thanks

The new XBL Dashboard makes my eyes hurt, so much white, though everything seems to load much faster now, but then again sooooo white :bleed eyes:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #890 on: November 02, 2010, 03:08:03 AM »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #891 on: November 02, 2010, 04:13:22 AM »
The new XBL Dashboard makes my eyes hurt, so much white, though everything seems to load much faster now, but then again sooooo white :bleed eyes:
Didn't know about the update til I saw your post.
The new white look doesn't bother me, and it does load faster, a definite plus.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #892 on: November 02, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »
After all the festivals missed in Guild Wars, I finally took part in this year's Halloween. Oh sweet virtual candy and booze!
I wasn't planning to play so missed out for most days but got on for the last 2 appearances of the Mad King.
The hats for this year are actually pretty decent, except they aren't really festive. Goggles and nekomimi!

Also found out about the Pink Dye trader for Pink Day in LA. Hasn't been an easy way to get pink since the old dye system overhaul.
They are only 100g each plus they are mixable! They aren't tradable though, but can be placed in the vault. Got a hundred for future mixing purposes.
Seems to mix well with purples and reds. Black may be cost-prohibitive, silvers work with multiple pinks in the mix. Other colours don't really result in pinkish colours so :V

Cat ears, pink armour.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #893 on: November 04, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
I thought about getting Snoopy Flying Ace over XBL since it's price is at 400 Points right now (and I  :heart: Snoopy) so I downloaded the demo, but now I'm a bit confused, is this game only playable online in multiplayer or is there offline singleplayer content, too?
Has anyone played it and is it any good?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #894 on: November 04, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #895 on: November 06, 2010, 12:50:23 AM »
My boyfriend randomly bought The Bigs 2 (Xbox360) last week. None of us are particularly into sports, and baseball isn't even played in Norway (so we don't really know the rules, though we're learning now I guess :lol: ).... but this game. SO MUCH FUN. FFFFFFF. xD; Huzzah for completely random game purchases! 8D

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #896 on: November 07, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »
KINECT Kills TV

As you've probably noticed, Microsoft launched its Kinect motion control system this week -- and while you're rearranging your furniture to make room for the space-hungry sensor, here's a timely reminder that playing motion-control games can be hazardous to the health of your television.

It comes to us courtesy of an unfortunate Kinect owner, who...well, we'll let him tell it.

"A public service announcement," he says on his personal blog: "Do not under any circumstances play Kinect Sports Volleyball at 1:30 a.m. while standing under a ceiling fan with a dangling chain for a light switch. You could conceivably spike it into your year-old amazing TV, causing it to die with a rainbow LCD teardrop dripping down from the impact wound."

Gory. Gamers with long memories might recall a spate of similar TV destruction when the Nintendo Wii appeared on the market. Nintendo quickly issued owners with strengthened wristbands and, later, grippy controller sheaths, but even that didn't entirely stop the carnage.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #897 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
^ haha, it had to happen eventually XD

Tried the mp part of Snoopy Flying Ace demo and it made my box freeze so if that's not a sign of "stay away from this game" then I don't know what is XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #898 on: November 07, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
In preparation for Black Ops on Tues, I went for some free for all matches on COD4 today (my MW2 disc is scratched beyond repair). Of 8 games played I won every single one, much the annoyance of an American pre-pubescent tween who at one point, shouted down the mic. Bring on Tues :D

*EDIT*

After a promising start to my FIFA11 season, I'm now slipping behind in points. Not lost, but I've gone 360 minutes (game time that is) without scoring. Now 6 points behind the leaders, Aston Villa. Worse still, my pro is injured for 2 months.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:40:39 AM by Tuffty »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #899 on: November 16, 2010, 06:05:31 AM »
I'm getting goosebumps thinking of AC Brotherhood. It will be waiting for me when I go home next week,

and so will SVR 2011 and Mafia 2. I think I'm gonna start with SVR because I need to create my wrestler, and that takes hours.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - You are my girl