JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Nemureru Mori no Oojisama ~haru, natsu, aki, fuyu~

Author Topic: Android  (Read 50759 times)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Re: Android
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
^ Didnt even know there was one :lol: but I got it real quick and its real easy to use. Has a widget too which just a real simple play and stop. :thumbup

Galaxy S not having a microSD slot is surprising. wtf

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 07:50:19 AM »
Been playing with a Galaxy Tab and App Inventor for the past few weeks.

The Tab is really convenient in many areas, though I can't actually think how I'd use it in my daily life. Maybe I'm too used to using PCs...

AI is simple as playing lego. But I also ran into some bugs when my image files started going past 60. And the connection also started going mad in debug mode. Too bad, cause it was really fun building stuff with it.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »
^ Didnt even know there was one :lol: but I got it real quick and its real easy to use. Has a widget too which just a real simple play and stop. :thumbup

Galaxy S not having a microSD slot is surprising. wtf

looks like I gotta pimp it more :lol: arian said the same thing a few weeks ago. Did u find any good apps?

always liked me a flip phone, and a reason why I hesitated to upgrade...but this is a mix of promising and lol HUGE, the Samsung W899 Android Flip Phone in China only atm

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:56 AM »
Can't believe I didn't post this here already. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
^ where's the picard facepalm pic XD or the JFC one ROFL

Peep this LG Beast XD KT would enjoy:

FRESSSSH! Sony Ericsson PlayStation phone pix arrive online (Xperia Play)

Source: Engadget & hkgolden.com

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
I got myself a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10~ LOVING IT *O*

(try to ignore the power cord XD)

Yes, yes, you can hang charms off of it :DDDD! It's a reasonable size (I would perhaps have preferred an even larger phone, but difficult to come by for some reason T_T), and it's just cute as hell. Android has really impressed me too, lots of neat little apps.

My favourite one so far is PhotoWonder. It let's you decorate pictures and mess them up with filters and such :D

But yeah, omg. Any app recommendations?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »
Other than all the google stuff, here's some that I've liked.

free:
Pulse - cool-looking RSSreader
cubed - cool-looking song player
Perfect Viewer - cool-looking picture viewer (great comic reader)
Rockplayer - video player (paid version removes the big red R on the corner)
FxCamera - camera with 5-6 effects (cos I like Polaroids :heart:)
TypoClock - big clock widget
Digital Clock - small clock widget
AccuweatherQuick - small weather widget
Guns'n'Glory - tower defence game

paid:
SNesoid - snes emulator
Tasker - auto stuff up.
Photospeak - talking photos! so I can do stupid stuff like make Mano Erina say "Hadoken~". :lol: (yeah, I'm a lost cause) :nervous
That's it cos I'm cheap!~

And the wallpaper pic I'm using is.. of course:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:58 AM »
Okay so I've mostly got all the apps and widgets I need. A few that've been using..

Note Everything - Very fast, simple note taking app/widget. Also has voice recorder.
Advanced Task Killer - Basically kills running apps. Has widget for one touch kill-all.
TweetDeck - Tons of twitter apps out there though I prefer this one. Can also sync Facebook and other stuff but I mostly use for Twitter.
LauncherPro - Customizable replacement launcher. Can add lots of neat stuff like add more docks or more columns and rows.
Photoshop Express - Photoshop on your phone.
Astro File Manager - Gives full control over managing files; copy and paste, backup, etc.
Wireless File Transfer - Nice and simple, when I don't feel like plugging in my phone just to transfer one picture.
Beautiful Widgets - Paid app. Lets you place skinned clocks and weather widgets. Also has toggle widgets for WiFi, bluetooth, and other stuff.

Here's my main home screen,

I like to keep it pretty simple. Clock and weather are Beautiful Widgets. Dock is LauncherPro. I'm curious to see other peoples' home screen setup. My phone supports 7 home screens but I'm only using 4 and a half :lol:. I've dedicated one screen to settings, with all the toggles and switches for quick access. Another screen I put all the music related widgets:

Shazam - Let it hear a song and it'll give you all the information.
Pandora - Internet radio. Makes playlists and finds similar artists for you and stuff.
xiialive - Radio app that streams SHOUTcast channels. JPHiP Radio on the go.
Winamp - My preferred music player.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
I actually got some old HTC Touch Pro (windows mobile6 phone) but I'm also running XDAndroid on it (an android port you can start via microsd card) so I'm also an android user now  :lol:

I'm loading all kind of garbage from the market at the moment :ph43r:
"AndExplorer" or "File Manager" both free are useful~ since I can't find anything useful like that pre-installed
"X Construct" - is a nice small and free but well made bridge building game.
The rest is still downloading since wlan barely ever works~ but I'm looking forward to what the Yamanote line sounds app is like  :lol:

I wonder where the Hello! Project PB apps are... can't find them in the market :/
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
Snes emulator @___@;;; Thank god it's paid, I'd waste so much time playing around with that <,<;;; Hahaha.

Thanks for the tip about xiialive! It works perfectly~ In fact it works a lot better than some of the apps I found dedicated to Norwegian radio broadcasts, so.. yeah. Definitely worth getting!

I grabbed the official Photobucket app, so that I can upload pictures I don't mean to tweet (or facebook), but still want to share. Works like a charm *o*

... I'm so god damn pleased with my phone, hahaha.

I'd post screencaps, but not quite sure just how yet. Perhaps I need an app for it :monster:

I wonder where the Hello! Project PB apps are... can't find them in the market :/

Search for "Up Front" and you should be able to find them, at least I did xD; They are all paid apps, though.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
Search for Up-Front Works, Nach  :)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 10:35:45 AM »
^ & ^^ Thanks for the suggestions but both doesn't work for me either.  :bleed eyes: I also tried those market links they have at those online browsing pages but the market tells me no results :/
Guess that's what I get for using android on a non android phone.
The android help says that apps sometimes can't be found because either they don't work on some phones or developer disabled them for some countries etc. ... as for the latter I installed the MarketEnabler app that is supposed to fake the carrier reported to the market and I set it to Verizon (US) but no difference, either it doesn't work on Android 2.2 or that's not the problem.
So I like to believe that most real Android phones have a different (bigger) screen and maybe the PB apps are designed exclusively for that thus it won't even show me them.
I'll try to research the web some more for this issue when I have time and if stuff really never wants to work I'll just code some PB apps for myself  :P2
edit: after some research I'm sure all apps that have copy protection enabled (should be some..) need a certified phone/Android version :\

Another free and useful app I just got:
"Ted" - some simple text editor. Doesn't have many features it seems but good for when you want to edit plain text files

... I also need to look for some screenshot app
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:43:36 PM by nachdenki »
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
Stumbled on some posts of people making awesome lego stands for their iPads, so I went 'all geeky' today and bought a set myself! :lol:
Set 8087 (Star Wars themed) to be precise. Costed a lot. But it was fun playing it again after so long.

First the stand.
Just 2 stubs at the front and a photo frame leg at the back. Very basic:

+ the Samsung Tab on it (with/without a case):

Little known fact, Stormtroopers love C-ute~~ :wub:

And here's my Home screen.
Just added SiMi Folder to shortcut everything. But I'll basically keep it like this, with all my daily apps up front.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
Finally found an Android "ROM" that is letting me find all the apps, even the up-front works ones  :w00t:
I was actually more interested in kanji learning apps that I wasn't able to find before as well but looks like there isn't any really good one for Android yet (windows PC and windows mobile has ReadWrite Kanji which is pretty cool since it makes sure you draw the correct shape of the kanji not just the correct stroke number whatsoever).
The problem with not finding apps seems to be related to protected apps and google trying to make piracy more difficult by blocking suspicious Android systems from downloading protected apps.
I don't know why it's working now exactly because it's still a so-called rooted OS but all that matters is it does. If anyone with Windows Mobile happens to browse the Android thread as well I can recommend the SuperFroyo ROM.

I did also test a gingerbread (Android 2.3) version but it was slow as hell, the port of that one is still an alpha so maybe the performance will improve someday and I'll switch to that~
The settings menu is more pretty at least  :lol:

Well speaking of rooted it seems that in Froyo only rooted phones can use apps for taking screenshots :bleed eyes: there is supposed to be a key combination for taking screenshots build-in but none did work for me.
However the app "shootme (screen grabber)" works fine for me since my phone is rooted. Thus here a current screen.

I demand a momochi wallpaper that is fun to scroll \o/
... I also need some widget with bigger clock but
The downside of the current rom is that wlan is working really bad. It's working bad by default due to the shitty router but in the other versions I tested it was good enough to download some apps now I get barely connected like once every 10 min for a few seconds  :catglare:
I would like to try some suggested apps of the thread but it's so annoying to browse the market I hope it gets better when I move/have a different router.

It's weird that such simple task as taking a screenshot seems to be so difficult with Android :lol:

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »
^
I was full of hope & will at the beginning with Android... and quickly became a lazy ass  :lol:

So I didn't manage to customize mine as I could (and would)...

I just put a Chisa wall so-so and that's all... I guess I'm just getting older... lol

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:43 PM »
So xiialive is absolutely amazing, but what about apps for regular radio? Any recommendations? The ones I've tried out skip a whole lot and/or get stuck repeating three seconds of broadcast over and over @_@; They also don't have nifty widgets for easy access. Hm...

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
^ regular radio? Do Android phones have regular radio? You need special hardware to be able to receive regular radio so just an app doesn't work... what apps did you try there I wonder?
I've also been looking for some and all I find and all that I read what you have to do is find internet streams of the regular radios orz

^
I was full of hope & will at the beginning with Android... and quickly became a lazy ass  :lol:

So I didn't manage to customize mine as I could (and would)...

I just put a Chisa wall so-so and that's all... I guess I'm just getting older... lol
Haha oh well I'm not customizing it much anymore either at the moment, it gets boring after some time~ I have yet to post the new screen though, maybe next time.
At least you got some up-front pb apps didn't you? That's most important with android anyway  :w00t:

I just did my first android coding tutorial yesterday. Maybe I'll have some unofficial momo pb app done in a week or two (or more or less depending on my motivation etc.)

oh and for people in Japan:
http://w3.bs-tbs.co.jp/koichoco/arv/index.html
some app you take a photo of some chocolate with and get to view a video with Takahashi Ai

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »
^
8D I guess I meant internet radio apps, I don't know. Most Norwegian radio stations have streams available so that's not really a problem, but I'd prefer an app that doesn't skip a billion times during a song @_@; Kind of defeats the whole purpose. Also widgets. Wiiiiidgets~

Even the media player on my phone drives me crazy, because there's no real easy access to it xD;;;;

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
Did you try "TuneWiki"? It's free and supposed to play shoutcast radio, last.fm radio, play videos(?) and to have an mp3-player widget.
I'll try to get it later but the wlan here is still so crappy there is no use for it yet (and it takes hours to dl it :lol: ). I'll get internet at the new place tomorrow though maybe it'll work better there and be more fun

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »
UPDATE~ as posted in the momochi thread:

Just finished the first version of my unofficial momochi pb app for the android 2.2 (froyo) system (usually phones~ but tablets coming soon).

MomochiUnoffiPB.apk
MomochiUnoffiPBv2_final.apk (11/01/30)
As shown in the picture there are "only" 15 images and most were probably on the net before either by some other people or me but believe me except for the first and last I spent the whole night scanning and preparing them (removing dust etc.) orz
The original images can only be viewed with the app, you can try to prove me wrong but it'll require either beginner reverse engineering knowledge or a good decompiler. However I'll give detailed instructions how to get it to run even for people who don't have android yet and if there is really a new pic someone wants I can upload it (even in some higher res than what is on android). I just don't want to wake up after all that work and see everything ripped and upped on H!O's tracker or picboard :sweatdrop: I could up them myself if that were the point.

Way1: Installation for people with original android devices is self-explanatory but:
1. Make sure you allow unsigned/unsecure etc. apps in the settings before installing, you can disable it after installing again (don't want to spend $25 to become official dev. who can sign the apps and put them in the market)
2. download the .apk
3. move the .apk to your device (either sdcard or internal memory)
4. use the file-browser of your phone and click on the .apk + confirm you want to install
5. done

Way2: For everyone else, especially having no android running (not even as dual boot on their iphone, winmo phone)
1. Make sure you have a 32bit JRE version installed (Java Runtime Environment) - if e.g. IRC java applets work for you or you have JDownloader, it's probably installed.
2. Download the Android SDK (exe version highly recommended)
3. Install the Android SDK
4. Run the "SDK Manager.exe" and make sure you get the platform-tools and sdk API8 maybe also "tools"
5. On the left-click "Virtual Devices" and there click on "New..."
6. Give it a name (can be anything); As Target chose Android 2.2 Api 8; SD Card Size 9MB or more (don't need much more); everything else can be default
7. Now click "Create AVD", select it and click on the "Start..." button. This will take quite some time and give you two different loading screen.
8. Drag the left slider to the right with the mouse to unlock/activate your emulated Android system whooo~ (don't close the window)
9. Open a command prompt (e.g. Windows->Execute->"cmd") and change to the drive you installed the SDK on like typing in "D:" and press enter.
10. Still in the command prompt type now "cd Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" (or whatever your path to the platform-tools folder is) and press enter (>you can auto-complete folder and filenames using the tab key)
11. Almost finally move the MomochiUnoffiPB.apk also in that folder (can be done via explorer) for simplicity and type "adb install MomochiUnoffiPB.apk"
12. If it prints some status and says "Success" you're done and can go back to the emulator windows and run the App (middle button at the bottom etc.) if NOT
13. ...If NOT.. You probably need to start the adb service, you can try "adb start-server" or other ways I don't want to explain here, now do "adb install MomochiUnoffiPB.apk"again.

Way2 is also possible for all other android user though maybe only rooted phones, just instead of starting the emulator (don't need to create a virtual device either) connect the phone via usb and make sure that usb option is activated (it's an option under the application menu settings I think). Now just start at step 9.

If I ever continue to develop what I think I might be doing then the following changes are planned:
- Next&Previous scrolling/sliding when in "fullscreen" image viewing mode
- pretty background for the start screen and pretty buttons
- maybe make next pb apps themed e.g. only of one concert
- I'm open for suggestions~
I don't plan to make any using official photos due to possible copyright violation etc. and I still own enough unofficials to make 20 more apps with that amount of pics now so I'll stick to my own stuff before using internet ones means not the very most recent ones.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:29:23 PM by nachdenki »

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Nemureru Mori no Oojisama ~haru, natsu, aki, fuyu~