JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Please Smile Again

Author Topic: [SNSD] What's in a Name? (Oneshot - JeTi)  (Read 9257 times)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
[SNSD] What's in a Name? (Oneshot - JeTi)
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:54:48 PM »
Hello~ Some of you may know me from WAAAAAY back when in the H!P section. :nervous I don't write much anymore even though I love it. It's just an issue of time and whatnot. But anyway, I'm here because: This is my VERY FIRST SNSD fanfic EVER!!! I'm kinda proud of it :nervous

Please enjoy! (and comment >_>)

What's in a Name?

She was late.

I checked my Prada watch for the third time in the past two minutes, trying to assure myself that she wasn’t standing me up. I knew it had been a while since we last talked but hey, the fashion industry was demanding and I had been jet setting most of the past year or so. A week here, a few days there, it was exhausting so I was happy to finally be back in Seoul. I tapped my high heel against the tiled floor impatiently as my fingers tapped the side of the wide cappuccino cup in front of me.

The bell on the door of the café jingled to signal the arrival of a new customer; I didn’t bother to look up. I figured it would be her and when the telltale clicking of impossibly high heels approached my table, I knew I had been right.

“I’m sorry I’m late!!! I know we agreed for 10:00”, her Korean flooded out of her pretty lips messily, just as it always did. “But the babysitter cancelled at the last minute and –“

Wait, babysitter?

I looked up to see her standing across from me, her hair long and dark again, looking just a bit frazzled…with a baby on her hip.

The kid couldn’t have been more than a year old, with a sparse head of dark hair and adorably chubby cheeks. I assumed it was a girl from the amount of pink the infant was wearing but I wouldn’t put it past Tiffany to dress her little boy in her favorite color. The little thing stared at me a moment before putting its thumb in its mouth and directing that curious gaze at something else new and fascinating.

Tiffany sat down after securing her little one in the wooden highchair brought by a waitress. She brushed her flowing hair behind her ear and finally looked up at me, her eyes forming those characteristic half-moons beneath her sculpted eyebrows. God, she still looked great. I couldn’t help but gaze at the body revealed when she removed her stylish gray pea coat, an item I would definitely have to ask her about later. The body I used to know so well, each and every dip and curve memorized by my fingers, my mouth.

Before I could get too into the fantasy, her sweet voice chirped in English, “So what’s up?”

We talked first about my job, how I spent a lot of time in airports or in hotel rooms. She seemed genuinely fascinated by the endless photo shoots I was a part of, and that adorably look of envy crossed her face as I told her of all the places I had been.  Paris, Japan, New York…the list went on and on.

She nodded in interest as I explained the project I would be working on next, behind the camera instead of in front of it. As I spoke, she spread a few napkins on the table and proceeded to break up a few of those bland puffed rice crackers for the baby to snack on, all without taking her eyes off of my face. Someone had become quite maternal in the past year, I observed.

“So how are things with you?”, I asked once I finished going on and on about my not-so-average life, “I see you’ve been busy since we last talked”

Her cheeks colored slightly and my heart skipped a beat. I hated that she still had that effect on me, even though it was obvious that our love ship had set sail years ago. She explained that she and her husband had been thinking about having a baby for a while, but it never seemed to be the right time. That is, until they found out she was pregnant, and then everything just fell into place. 

I couldn’t help but stare because for a moment, just a moment, things felt like they had never changed.

“Are you happy?”, I dared to ask.

“Yes, I’m so happy, Jessi”, she replied while giving me another one of those cavity-inducing eye smiles.

“Were you happy with me?”, I gulped slightly, wanting to crawl under the table as soon as I saw her smile twitch.

“O-of course I was”, she said softly, “I was very happy with you”

“Then why did we break up? If you were so happy…”

“Jessi…you know the answer to that”

She was right; I did. It had been my fault, after all. Things had been good and we were happy. Until I decided to change careers, that’s when things fell apart.

See, Tiffany Hwang was like a plant, one that feeds on attention rather than water. When you give her what she wants and needs, she’s gorgeous and happy. But when you forget to feed her or simply don’t have the time, she starts to wilt. And if you keep it up, she turns into something almost unrecognizable: no positivity, no effortless beauty, no eye smiles.

“I-I’m sorry”, I said regretfully. Though I had first blamed her for being needy when she left me, I soon realized that it had been my own fault that I lost the one thing in my life that I thought I could rely on.

Her soft hand touched my tensed fist, and I saw her eyes, pleading for me not to do this. “I was happy with you, Jessi but you know that things change…and people change”, her voice quivered a bit, “But to be honest, there will always be a part of me that loves you”

My eyes locked with hers, searching for a sign that she was joking, just messing with my broken heart. But all I saw was sincerity. My fingers unclenched and reached for hers, holding them tightly. My heart was racing faster than it had in so long; I was afraid she could hear it. Her pale pink nails traced little circles on the top of my hand as she bit her lip in a way that made heat rise to my cheeks.

“T-tiffany…”

“Omma~”, the voice of our dining companion startled the both of us, hands flying apart in a flash, like a pair of teenagers being caught by a parent.

The baby grinned just like her mother, her chubby hand holding a bite of rice cracker in Tiffany’s direction.  The doting mother opened her mouth as her daughter fed her, praising her for being such a good girl.

“How about a bite for Jessica Unnie?”

When the little one held out a piece of that cardboard-like snack, I couldn’t help but smile and oblige her. I crunched it with a little difficulty, afraid I would inhale a few of the crumbs and make a fool of myself in front of the only one I ever truly loved; all while trying to prove to both that I was enjoying the food in my mouth. Both mother and daughter seemed pleased with my efforts.

“What’s her name, anyway?”, I asked, making a few silly faces at the giggling infant after finally swallowing the horrid cracker.

Tiffany gave me yet another eye smile before replying.

“Sooyeon”

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
Re: [SNSD] What's in a Name? (Oneshot - JeTi)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 05:06:22 AM »
*sniff beautiful one-shot, Kream.  :cry:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
Stupid thank you button keeps freezing every time I press it. >_<

Well, I guess I'll just leave a small comment instead. It's good to see you writing again Kream! XD It's been a long time since I last saw you write anything. O.O This isn't so bad for your first SNSD fanfic too. You can't really go wrong with a angst one-shot, unless stuff are exaggerated that it makes you laugh and I've faced a fic like that in the SNSD fandom. lol There are plenty of crappy writers there, but I'm not saying you are crappy. I really enjoyed this fic. I'll look forward to others ones from you. ^___^

Offline Kame

• Member+
  • 지금은 소녀시대!!! 사랑해요 <3
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
As expected... your first SNSD fic turned out damn awesome! I loved every bit of it (even though I'm not a JeTi shipper but I just HAD to read your story) I really dig how you describe the things, I can feel the emotions of the characters! Your fic is awesome, very well written and has a nice plot! Seriously, you're one of my personal favorite writers!!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
Kream, spread more JeTi love! I'm the only one who seems to do that mostly and it isn't as often. T____T It's a lot harder for me to write, so my updates take so damn long to post. >_<

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »
Well, you managed to bring my out of my hidey hole. I haven't read a fanfic in over a year now :nervous

I'll admit that at first I was a bit nitpicky, but then it got to a point where I was just captivated by the beautiful JeTi. When I saw "Paris, Japan, New York" the first thing I thought was Tokyo, Seoul, London, New York :lol: Forgive me :bow:

Granted it's a one-shot, but the progression with the consecutive lines of direct speech was a lot faster than I'd expect of such a situation. I mean sure, she's Jessica Jung and she's amazing, but she's not a superhero. As far as I know, at least ;) Also, I love the sophistication of your writing. It makes me feel a bit more intelligent when I read it. For that reason though, be careful with the first-person perspective. I find that it's more difficult to connect with the character as a reader when I don't believe that they'd be constantly thinking at such a high level. It's not that Jessi isn't a clever girl, but I can't imagine a wonderfully lazy girl like her to think and describe at the level you've used. Just food for thought. Don't kill me :cry:

So now that I've gotten that out of the way, I can move on to the praise you so rightfully deserve. You portrayed Tiffany superbly. The "impossibly high heels" did it for me. An involuntary grin spread across my face as I read about how well Jessi used to know Tiffany's body. I definitely visualised that, as I used to so often in the past. I really started engaging closer to the end. My indicator for a truly great piece of writing is when I'm so engrossed that I forget about everything outside the realm of the story. That's what happened towards the end. Finally, that conclusion - I can't think of a better way you could have finished. It's one of those things that warms your heart. The interesting thing is that it wouldn't work and would just be plain cheesy if you used the other name.

So yes, keep at it Kreamer! I've been a JeTi shipper since I got into SNSD a few years back, so I'll always be up for it :D Others too, even if I don't understand their dynamic quite as well.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Please Smile Again