JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238622 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #880 on: July 15, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »
Been a while since a post here.... :sweatdrop:

From the Spring season:

Vampire Heaven was a bit of a disappointment, :( started out well and ended off strongly but the middle episodes were the absolute pits.... 7/10.

Tsuma wa, Kunoichi was a bit better, not a terrific drama but an okay time killer.... 8/10.

Otenki Oneesan was one enjoyable drama though, 8) think it's been Emi's best to date, wish it was longer than 9 episodes.... 9.2/10.

These were a pair of short dramas that only had 4 episodes with a length about 28 minutes but both were really good, had they been longer would have gotten much higher grades but both are recommended.... 8.5/10. :O

Tenshi wa Mop wo Motte.

Otousan wa Nido Shinu.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #881 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
Summer season looks like a very promising one, not many have gotten subbed yet though, started off with this one, looked rather interesting and has no real faves of mine, trying to stretch my boundaries a bit, first two episodes have been excellent, :thumbsup there's only going to be 6 episodes though.... Double Tone.

Few more on my going-to-watch list, skimmed through them but no subs puts them on the pending list, first one has subs but they weren't all that good. :sweatdrop:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #882 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
^^ Shomuni is being subbed so starting on that one too and just began this one also, another interesting, mysterious and somewhat dark drama but think it's going to turn out to be a real solid watch, Namo Naki Doku. :O

Offline musangki

« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »
i've watched Hanazawa Naoki epi 1
well,it's Great Dorama... :twothumbs
and that's why this dorama get a high ratting

Average Ratings (Summer 2013):

20.60% – Hanzawa Naoki (+1.20)
-
19.60% – DOCTORS 2 ~ Saikyo no Meii
18.30% – Shomuni 2013
17.70% – Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 5
17.40% – SUMMER NUDE
16.90% – Naruyouni Narusa #NEW
15.50% – Saitou-san 2 #NEW
15.20% – Keishicho Sosa Ikka 9 Gakari 8
15.11% – Yae no Sakura [NHK taiga]
-
13.30% – Oh,My Dad!!
13.10% – Namonaki Doku
12.60% – Woman
10.50% – Starman ~ Kono Hoshi no Koi
Source : TokyoHive

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
No doubt through 2 episodes Hanazawa Naoki could be the best of the season.... :O

.... but have to say even though this is not quite as good it's a more enjoyable watch, this really has a unique plot to it, just finished episode 4 and sadly there's only 2 more to go, :sweatdrop: really recommend Double Tone....

.... and was very surprised that this is being subbed, watched the first two episodes and this is a real winner, Limit.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #885 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »
.... and was very surprised that this is being subbed, watched the first two episodes and this is a real winner, Limit.
Funny, I'm only following this right now. checked out ep3 yesterday. Good stuff. :thumbsup

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #886 on: August 01, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Catching up. Same old top down. :)

Must-watch:
Hanzawa Naoki ep01-03 - you guys are right. The battling parts are really fun to watch, and it has a great cast. It's kinda like his Joker character jumped into Legal High.
Limit ep01-03 - Highschool girls surviving in the wild forest. yay! Hope they don't keep doing flashbacks though.
Tenma-san ga Yuku ep01-03 - Another cheap night drama that's a shameless Ghostbusters rip-off. Fun stuff.
Woman ep01 - A single-mother's hardships in taking care of her two kids. Really touching. Out of all these, this one really got my attention. On the other hand, it gets pretty depressing so I don't know if I can keep following it.

Great:
Shomuni 2013 ep01- Classic series keeping the same touches everywhere, still gives me that weird vibe. Nice for some laughs.
DOCTORS 2 Saikyou no Meii ep01- Didn't expect this hospital drama to get a sequel. First season was pretty good. I think this will turn out ok too.
Na mo Naki Doku ep01 - Guy marrying the daughter of a rich businessman, with everyone around him looking like they're scheming evil plans.
Gekiryu Watashi wo Oboete Imasuka? ep01 - Seven students on a Kyoto school trip, one of the girls becomes missing. Fast-forwards to 20 years later when the remaining six get a message from the missing girl. I'm kinda torn on this one. It could turn out pretty interesting. Reminds me I still haven't finished watching Piece. :P

Average:
Saitou-san 2 ep01-02 - Kiritani Mirei is darn cute as a young wife and mother. But I don't know why, I can't stand dramas with Mizuki Arisa in it.
SUMMER NUDE ep01 - First episode didn't really hook me in, even with the great cast. I'm just worried it'll be like Beach Boys, with the story going nowhere.

Giving up:
Akuryo Byoto ep01 - horror stuff. and it's the sudden close-up screaming face with with a loud bang sound types which I'm bloody weak. Dropping it.
StarMan Kono Hoshi no Koi ep01 - A mother of three takes in a guy with amnesia and makes him their dad. Story is pretty stupid. And uninteresting.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #887 on: August 02, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »
Limit does have many flashbacks but when 25(?) out of 30 students have kicked the bucket before the end of the first episode guess they need to do that, one of the better cliffhangers to end off episode 3, actually there's three cliffhangers at once, :panic: really liking this series.

Been meaning to start Gekiryu Watashi wo Oboete Imasuka?, really looks to be a winner of a show, will watch it but may wait until it finishes it's run because I....

.... started on the current NHK asadora Amachan, these dramas are so long but thought I'd give it a try, on the middle of week 2 and knew it would be good but not this good, does have so much longer to go but so far give it a Yoshino :thumbsup.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #888 on: August 07, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
No doubt through 2 episodes Hanazawa Naoki could be the best of the season.... :O

Watched episode 4 subbed!  Ueto Aya was great too although in a supporting role (as the supportive wife).  Sakai Masato was truly awesome and likely frontrunner for best actor.

Indeed, Hanzawa Naoki is truly the best of the season!  Viewers seem to agree!

'Hanzawa Naoki' recorded an amazing average episode rating of 27.6% (Kansai: 27.5%), which is an improvement of 4.7% compared to last week's already great rating of 22.9%. The rating peaked at exactly 30.0% (Kansai: 30.5%) when the Hanzawa (Sakai Masato) confronted the club hostess played by Dan Mitsu.

Source http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/08/drama-prime-time-report-08-0208-04

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #889 on: August 16, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
Caught up on Yae No Sakura. The warring scenes in around ep25-30 lifted it up a lot (most of the early episodes were a snoozfest).

And ep01 of Yamada-kun to 7 nin no Majo. Bringing back some of that Switch Girl comedy. :)

Offline ymc

« Reply #890 on: August 19, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
I am watching Kaseifu no Mita right now. Finished ten episodes already. It doesn't meet my expectation though given I am a fan of the screen writer who also wrote Joou no Kyoushitsu and Majo no Joken. :doh:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #891 on: September 24, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »

Watched episode 4 subbed!  Ueto Aya was great too although in a supporting role (as the supportive wife).  Sakai Masato was truly awesome and likely frontrunner for best actor.

Indeed, Hanzawa Naoki is truly the best of the season!  Viewers seem to agree!

'Hanzawa Naoki' recorded an amazing average episode rating of 27.6% (Kansai: 27.5%), which is an improvement of 4.7% compared to last week's already great rating of 22.9%. The rating peaked at exactly 30.0% (Kansai: 30.5%) when the Hanzawa (Sakai Masato) confronted the club hostess played by Dan Mitsu.

Source http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/08/drama-prime-time-report-08-0208-04

Follow up

"Hanzawa Naoki" soars to new heights with 42.2% in Kanto for its finale
 TBS summer 2013 drama "Hanzawa Naoki" which has been a ratings winner this season, finished on a high note with a rating of 42.2% in the Kanto region for its finale shown on 22 Sep. It got an even higher figure of 45.5% in the Kansai region as announced by Video Research on 24 Sep. With this result, "Hanzawa Naoki" is No.4 in terms of top average ratings for dramas in the Kanto region since ratings monitoring began in September 1977 and has grabbed the No.1 spot in Kansai, beating "Mito Komon" which had held the title since 1981. Amid low ratings plaguing Japanese dramas in recent years, "Hanzawa Naoki" has managed to buck the trend thus making it a rare ratings winner.

As for the highest single moment rating, "Hanzawa Naoki" scored 46.7% in Kanto and 50.4% in Kansai at the point right after the episode ended.

Source: Sanspo
http://doramaworld.blogspot.fi/2013/09/hanzawa-naoki-soars-to-new-heights-with.html

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #892 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »
Watching Amachan...

...and I discovered some accidental location hunting from my last Japan trip!  :lol:

Amachan Ep 85:

My pic:

This is just west of Akihabara on the way to Ochanomizu!

edit: same crappy weather even! haha

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #893 on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
Starting up the Fall dramas. :)

Must-watch:
Legal High 2 ep01 - Still crazy funny.
Ando Lloyd ~A.I. knows LOVE~ ep01 - Guess Kimutaku really wanted to do a Terminator x Matrix crossover. It has a great cast, and I love these sci-fi shows.
Miss Pilot ep01 - Maki's pilot trainee character is really cute. Scenes are done really professionally too. Looks pretty solid.

Great:
Umi no Ue no Shinryojo ep01 - Doctor of a boat clinic that travels between islands. Lotsa funny Matsuda Shota scenes. It's a nice watch.
Yorozu Uranaidokoro Onmyoya e Yokoso ep01 - Host club guy turned into a fortune teller. Pretty boring. But it has Yukirin in it (for like 1 minute), and that's why it's great... for me at least.
Kurokochi ep01 - A detective using dirty tricks and acting all 'bad cop' to solve cases. I like it.

Average:
Toshi Densetsu no Onna 2 ep01 - Pretty much the same as season 1. It's ok, but not that entertaining.
Dokusinkizoku ep01 - Rich boss hiring his house-cleaner as a script writer. It's like a 90's jdrama theme, hehe. But it's pretty good.
Dandarin-Roudou Kijun Kantokukan ep01 - Workplace Inspector going out of her way making ppl follow workplace standards. Not bad, so I think I'll keep watching.
Tokyo Toy Box ep01-02 - Game publisher boss, that always tries to make the perfect game. It has a tiny bit of Akihabara themes, so I'll follow it for a bit too.

Giving Up:
Link ep01 - Crazy great cast. Speed watched it. Didn't really like it though.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:43:54 PM by winner »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #894 on: October 22, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
A few more to round up the set. :oops:

Must-watch:
Hard Nut ~Suugaku Girl No Koi Suru Jikenbo~ ep01 - Basically Galileo switched with a ditsy mathematician girl solving the crimes. Hashimoto Ai's character is really cute. Compared to the other detective dramas, this one is much more light-hearted. Might be a bit early to guess if this good or not, but I'm liking it so far.

Great:
Doctor-X 2 ep01 - Same high quality show. Should be an ok watch.

Average:
Keiji no Manazashi ep01 - Ex-worker at a juvenile detention center switched to violent crimes detective. Its a little too serious and slow-paced for me. I'll probably skip it.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #895 on: October 30, 2013, 02:33:01 AM »
Will get to the Fall season next time around, some finished ones from the Summer, still have a few to finish as I prefer for a series to end so you can watch all the episodes in a row.
Doctors 2 was solid and a bit better than the first season, kind of show that could have a few more seasons, sort of didn't have an actual ending so perhaps it will.... 8.8/10. :O

Limit was also quite good, least for the first 8 episodes then sort of got too sappy at the end, could have had a much better ending.... 8/10. :sweatdrop:

Just finished this drama from 2012, have to go back and change my rankings for that year, had Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi as my #1 but this overtook it as it was one superb drama, best Ive watched in a real long time, Hungry!.... 9.7/10. 8)

Subs are being done slowly but just started this asadora from 2010, Teppan, really looks like a winner. :yep:

Also restarted this series, had watched the first episode but couldn't find any others but now have the whole show subbed, Ikemen Desu ne. :shocked

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #896 on: November 15, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »
Just finished Amachan! I can write a book about it  :lol:
- The first 72 eps were the best imo. It could have ended there.
- After that the plots went a bit too fat fetched
- I didn't like what they did to Yui's character, even though it was pretty funny. She took the easy way out, twice.
- But yeah, very enjoyable.  :thumbup

Also finished Limit. Hated it.  :nervous
These themes have been done to death and the acting was pretty poor imo. Couldn't really get into it on any level.

Finished Yamada-kun to 7 nin no Majo.
This switching concept has also been done to death, but this was very enjoyable.
Underpants humor with likable characters you can relate to. It was predictable, but still very funny imo.

I'm at ep 5 of Ando Lloyd ~A.I. knows LOVE~ . Mixed feelings so far.
The entire concept is pretty cool and the cast and acting is solid.
However, a lot of it so far is all the same. The love story is finally picking up a bit, so I'll keep watching.

edit: Also grabbed Umi no Ue no Shinryojo and Hard Nut but I need subs for these  :nervous

eddit 2: aw yeah, found the subs!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:29:14 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #897 on: November 17, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »
Ando Lloyd is so cash. Kimutaku and Shibasaki Kou are amazing, and the story is fresh enough. I love me some Suppli too.. Oshima Yuko is a little awkward in her role, though, to be honest..

Legal High 2 is tight, too :thumbup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #898 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Just watched the Legal High special so will be starting on season 2 soon. Aren't that many which really interest me this season, :sweatdrop: a fairly weak one but am currently viewing....

.... Miss Pilot isn't all that special but it's been quite enjoyable, the last episode was the best so far and has the potential to be a really good series.

Know I'm in the minority but both seasons of Toshi Densetsu no Onna are real big faves of mine. :oops:

Always have a few rewatches going on also, don't know why but on this drama for about the 10th time. :O

Plus watching this again, really could be one of the most underrated dramas of all time as it's one of the most superb shows you can ever view, from 2004 The Proof of Man aka Ningen no Shomei, one of those rare shows which deserves a 10 rating. :shocked

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #899 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »
Halfway in. I'd say Hard Nut is my fave this season. Nerdy romance comedy plus cool maths crime solving. :wub:
That category pair-up normally means losing the focus of the story, but they merge them together really well. Doesn't hurt the flow at all.
I'd totally recommend it. :)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You