JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan

Author Topic: What Needed to be Done  (Read 48553 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: What Needed to be Done
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2007, 03:12:20 AM »
Thanks for the support, of course, I could just be pulling crap out of my ass again. ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2007, 05:41:07 AM »
Hahaha, good work, JFC and Co.  I can't give away whether you're right or not, so all I'll say is "maybe, maybe not."

(rndmnwierd, when I first read your comment, my eyes immediately caught the "that last one seems a little inappropriate to post here" part first, and I thought "oh, there I've gone and offended someone somehow."  Hahaha.  Anyhow, thank you.)

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2007, 06:05:59 AM »
Ahh! You're so fast at updating this story!

I have this like small trace of hope that Miki's still alive and it's some weird dream... because this story makes me feel depressed... almost like when I watched 1 litre of tears :(

Anyway, thanks for the new chapter!

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2007, 06:08:14 AM »
*Mikan creeps outta lurkers shadows*

Its damn sad! and its Damn good! God DAMN IT!

Im gonna hold you too your promise of a next story full of puppies and happiness...and there better be lots og cute GAM moments, kisses in the rain and long sleepless nights...

muahahha

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
Hi, Mikan.  Nice to see you again.  Well, we'll see about those ten chapters of happy, fluffy AM.  ;)

This next chapter took me far too long to finish.  I spent the entire day on it.  I don't understand why, but I kept getting distracted even though I had plenty of ideas.

Chapter 14

I end up staying the night at Shibata's camped out on her floor beside her bed.

After I finish crying, we get ready for bed because she's exhausted.  She hasn't slept since she bought her plane ticket to come back.  We lie down in her room and talk.  I somehow find the power to speak about something other than the tragedy.  I tell her about the days before Miki's death and what we did, but when I playfully scold Miki in absentia for being silly and childish, I feel an instant pang in my heart that reminds me to cherish every single moment, annoying or not, because there will be no more new ones made from now on.  Forever.

We talk a bit about what to do with my investigation.  At first Shibata is a little reluctant.  She tells me it's neither very smart nor safe to go against the police, but she quickly descends from that moral high ground and tells me she'll help me out.  Our next move, we agree, is to go to the Terrace Café and ask the owner about Miki.  The owner knows my face since Miki and I have been going to that café for quite a while now.  She's a mysterious woman, the owner, but she seems like the type who can keep quiet and offer a bit of assistance from the shadows.  I'm sure she likes me and Miki since we patronise her shop loyally.

Shibata yawns all through our talk, but not once does her voice or mood give away how desperately she must want to fall asleep.  She stays attentive to what I have to say until I fall asleep first, and that's just one of the countless things that shows what a wonderful and selfless person Shibata is.

The next morning I wake up feeling much more rested.  It still hurts, of course.

I look up and see that Shibata's already out of bed.  The poor girl's internal clock is still haywire.

I hear soft sounds coming from outside the bedroom, and when I open the door, the strong smell of coffee attacks my senses. 

"Good morning," Shibata greets me.

She's standing in the living room, a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in the other.  She's just about to sit down.  She's already dressed for the day, making me feel like a late-rising sloth.

"Good morning," I reply, looking up at the clock on the shelf beside her.  It's only half past seven.

"Want some coffee?" she asks me, starting to get up.

I wave a hand no, but my stomach growls.  It occurs to me that I can't remember the last time I had a meal.

"But could I have something to eat?" I ask.  I don't like to ask, but it's now about my third day with no meal.  I'm beyond manners.

"Of course," she says, getting up to prepare something for me.  I sulk behind her guiltily.

"So, are we going to that café today?" she asks out of the blue.

My jaw hardens.  That's right.  We're on a mission.

"Yes.  As soon as it opens."

Shibata finds me something to eat, and I'm surprised that I'm able to hold food down in my stomach.  The sick feeling inside me recognises that my body needs nutrition in order to continue.  Although the truth is that I feel my anger could fuel me for centuries without food and water.

We discuss what to ask the owner of the café.  Shibata is indeed clever.  I would have gone in there and asked questions recklessly.  She takes a more controlled approach.  It's as if all my organisation skills and all my common sense have ceased to exist.  She has to tell me things that, three days ago, I would have been telling Miki to keep in mind.

I ask her to tell me about Spain to distract me.  She talks about the things she was able to do in her short time there, how she met the family she stayed with, and other interesting facts that I try to focus on.  But at the back of my mind, I can only think about myself and about Miki.

We could have gone to Spain.  We could have had fun there.

In the middle of relating a story about her plane ride home, my cell phone rings.  I pick it up and am not happy to hear Sugiura's voice coming from the receiver.

"What is it?" I ask rudely.

"Ah, I'm sorry to bother you, but as you know, we have searched through Fujimoto-san's apartment and her workplace," he says.

Congratulations, I think bitterly.

"Good," I say flatly.

"And I just want to apologise for, um, the second interview I had with you."

I frown.  This seems like a good thing, but is it really?

"Oh?"

Sugiura clears his throat almost nervously.

"I made an error," he admits.  "I even implied that you might have had ill intentions.  But upon further review of the case details and of the victim's personal effects, I find I misjudged you hastily."

"Huh?" I stammer, a strange feeling starting to rise up in me.

"We found several letters in her apartment, including a will-like note in the event that anything unspeakable ever happened to her.  It's clear that my suspicion of you and your fingerprints being all over her apartment was spawned because I was not aware of all of the facts."

Oh brother.  This is uncomfortable.

"Oh..." I mumble into the mouthpiece.

Now I know what he's talking about.  He's somehow pieced together just how close Miki and I are.  Were.  And now he's changing his mind about previous suspicions.  I would much rather he remained clueless, but if it clears my name, I guess I have to allow it.

"Two orders of business," he sets out in a completely different, strong tone.  "First, we have removed any mention of your name in the official press release that we gave out earlier this morning."

Press release?  Of course.  The murder of a fairly high-profile singer doesn't go unnoticed.  I'm sure people have been trying to reach her for the past two days and have begun to wonder.  Now the world will know.  But I'm curious what it would have said with my name included.  And even more curious as to what made them take my name out of it.  They could have easily and (truthfully) left in my name, saying I was the one to identify her- her body.

"Second, while we are still conducting our investigation at Fujimoto-san's apartment, I deemed it appropriate that you be allowed to come by and pick up several things that I believe you should have."

Great.  Just great.

I suck in a breath and put all my confidence into my voice.

"Thank you, Sugiura-san.  That would be nice."

But don't think this means I'm going to give you the journal, I think.

Not that he knows about it.

"Please ring before you come back down to the department so that we're ready to receive you."

"Could I head down there now?" I ask.

He says that it's fine and actually more convenient if I go now.  I tell him I'll be there in an hour and a half, and I hang up, not sure what to feel.  Relief?  Embarrassment?  Nothing?

I explain to Shibata what the conversation was about, and she asks if I want her to come with me.

"No, it's all right.  I'll go alone.  No use showing your face down there."

The less the police know about my friends, the better.

I finish eating, get ready quickly, and leave, thanking Shibata for letting me stay over and telling her I'll call as soon as I'm finished at the police department.  We'll head to the café together later.

~

When I arrive at the department, the receptionist tells me I can go ahead to Sugiura's office.  I walk there slowly, wondering what to say to him.  I don't want to have to explain myself.  A part of me is worried that he's going to demand why I didn't tell him the whole truth before.  But why should I have to?  He's the one who should be bowing down and apologising to me.  I'm the one who has lost a loved one.  I'm the one who was shocked with the news.  I was the one who had to tell Miki's mother and Tsuyoshi, and Shibata.

I knock at the door.

"Come in!"

I walk in, shutting the door quietly and avoiding eye contact.

"Matsuura-san, thank you for coming down this morning," Sugiura says, standing up quickly from his chair.

His entire attitude has changed.  His voice is back to the softer, kind one he used when he first met me.  His posture is even less intimidating than when I last saw him.

"I have some things that, well, they belong to you now.  Here you go," he says, picking up a paper shopping bag from his desk and handing it to me.

I don't know what to say.  I've left tonnes of things at Miki's apartment over the past five years.  The detectives have no way of knowing what's mine and what's hers.  I don't even know anymore.  It's not like I label all my clothing.  I don't write my name on the DVDs that I keep by her television set and force her to watch.  Although I guess to most people, the existence of two toothbrushes and a couple of hairbrushes in the bathroom would instantly trigger the assumption that two people live there, not just one.

I accept the bag with thankfulness.

"We've included a copy of the, ah, will-like note.  We've had to keep the real one for legal reasons."

I nod vacantly.

When did Miki write something like that?  More importantly, why would she have written something like that?

"I'm very sorry about all of this," he continues, becoming aware that I'm not going to be very talkative.  "We're still working hard to investigate.  I have to tell you the truth, though.  We have very few leads.  We're doing our best to involve as many people as possible, but I'm afraid with high-profile individuals, it becomes very tricky.  The people we need to talk to don't speak up as much, and conversely, too many people who have nothing to do with it want to say something.  It's very tricky to sort through all of the..."

I tune out as he rambles on.  This man needs a lesson in sensitivity and policemanship (if such a word exists).  This is not what I want to be hearing at the moment, and I question whether he should be telling me all of this anyway.  Aren't there rules about having to keep things quiet and classified?  Maybe I've watched too many movies.

Once he's finished speaking, he looks at me expectantly and I tune back in.

"I beg your pardon?" I ask quickly, trying to hide my clueless state from him.

"I asked if you were all right."

At least he bothers to ask.

"I'm a little overwhelmed," I say honestly.

He nods sympathetically.  As if he can understand my pain.

He cannot possibly.

"We'll keep you updated on our progress.  Don't lose hope," he says to me.

I say goodbye to him and I leave, holding the handle of the bag tightly in the sweaty palm of my hand.

On the train, I pull out my phone and e-mail Shibata.

Sorry, but I have to stay at home for a bit.  I'll get in touch later.

I need to see what's in this bag before I can go anywhere.

Shibata e-mails me back and tells me to take my time.

I sigh and rest my head back, closing my eyes, willing the train to go faster, wondering what's in the bag, and begging for Miki to be alive again.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
I understand how it feels like to be distracted...I get distracted all the time, which is why Chapter 15 of All Aboard is still a work in progress lol. XD

Sigh, my brains don't feel like working enough to write a wonderfully insightful comment. I'll just sit back with my pillow and await developments while everyone else speculates, if you don't mind. XD

Write more, quickly! XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2007, 03:26:24 PM »
She hasn't checked the bag? Strange girl...

Offline joyce

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »
bag?  will-like note?  can't wait...i really want to know what miki left behind!  i like how you're building aya back up with shibata and now the bag.  it's time for aya to get out of the slums!  hehehe~

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
I think that note maybe written by the killer and used to throw the cops off the trail.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2007, 09:27:35 PM »

oh, so it's THAT terrace cafe with THAT owner, man I'm slow these days

and the Mystery Bag contains... *drumroll*

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2007, 01:04:48 AM »
Wow, Miki wrote a will. I wonder if it was recent, persumably due to the fact that she knew she was in danger or if she wrote it before as an emergency sort of thing. Also, Aya's really stubborn. If I were in her situation, I would try to work with the police, but I notice now that she thinks of her case as a bit of a delicacy, specifically because of her relationship with Miki.

Shibata and Aya seem to make a good team: one with smarts and the other with passion. It's like a rookie and a senior. xD

@JFC: Maybe you are pulling it out of your ass, but it's a wonderful theory. Also, I need someone to figure out these chapters, because OTN1 promised fluff. :P (I was really kidding about that . . .)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 02:07:40 AM »
1st thing I have to say is...HOLY SHIT OTN1 CHANGED HIS AVATAR!!!

Ok, I'm good. :)

Wow, Shiba-chan really is a good friend. :)  I'm surprised the jet lag hasn't knocked her out.

I find it somewhat hard to believe in Sugiura's sudden change of attitude. It's just seems a little too convenient. The conspiracy theorist in me says that he's still suspicious of Aya, and that he's acting the way he is in hopes that she'll let her guard down, allowing him to discover something critical about Miki. Hell, for all we know, he still suspects Aya killed Miki.  As for the bag of Aya's stuff from Miki's, it could be a genuine gesture on his part or it could be some sort of bait for his plot to get some dirt from Aya.

go to the Terrace Café and ask the owner about Miki. The owner knows my face since Miki and I have been going to that café for quite a while now.  She's a mysterious woman, the owner
Dare I say...Tsuyoshi's mom?  If so, she may have been aware of his attraction to Aya. She also probably could/would have figured out how close Miki and Aya really were.  Being a good mom (assuming that she IS his mom), she probably would have tried to get Tsuyoshi to forget about Aya. Tsuyoshi would then have insistently questioned her as to why she would say that, at which point she would/could have told him "the truth", causing him to snap and THUS...instant secret creepy-stalker dude.

Again remember, it may make sense, but it's still probably just outta my ass. :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:09:17 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 06:52:14 AM »
Yeah, Nice avatar dude.

I wanna know whats in the freaking bag and I wanna know who killed Miki...moreover, how she died. If its suicide then I must say its interesting.

Ive moved again btw! PM me, lets catch up. I might be heading north for the summer...

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2007, 07:07:18 AM »
What's in the bag, I wonder? What will the two sleuths find at the cafe, I wonder? What did Aya have for breakfast, I wonder? Brain food, hopefully, seems like she'll need it.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:18 PM »
JFC.. wow.  The phrase "holy crap" comes to mind.  Remember that this isn't Alias.  This is just me.  I'm not good with convoluted conspiracies. :D I'm going to have to write a two-hundred page "alternate version" to use your ideas.

My avatar is way to happy for this story.  Hahaha.

Aya is a strange girl, but there is a simple reason why she didn't check the bag.  Don't worry!

The first half of the next chapter is written, but the second half isn't.  That means no new chapter tonight, which maybe kind of breaks some sort of roll I was on.  Hahaha.

edited to add this:

I am a liar.  I couldn't turn off my computer until I wrote the chapter.  I am now in the proofreading stages, so I will be posting it soon (unless I get very distracted).  Damn this inspiration, or at least this hardcore "got to do it now" feeling, that I get at inconvenient hours.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:19:25 PM by OTN1 »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »
Chapter 15

I get home and sit on the couch to open the bag that I've wanted to tear open ever since it was shown to me.  Now that I'm in the safety and comfort of my living room, I can let go and react in whatever way I want to the contents, shielded from the prying eyes of the world by four walls and a roof.

I look in and see a miscellany of objects that confuses me.  They aren't mine at all.  They're either Miki's, or they're things I've never seen before.  I pull them out one-by-one and line them up on the space beside me.

First there's a pair of socks.  They're black and they're wrapped in plastic.  The price tag is still on the wrapper - ninety-nine yen.

Second, there's a red album.  I open it up and see that Miki has pasted pictures and written or drawn things around them.  She's even pasted in other pieces of papers - ticket stubs, receipts, and so on.  It's a homemade scrapbook that I never knew she had made.

Third, there's a stuffed toy animal.  It's an iguana that I thought she had gotten rid of almost two years ago.  It has small, googly eyes and a little forked tongue that's poking out of its mouth.  She used to keep it beside her pillow, but I wasn't a fan of it.  I would often take it and slip it between the head of the bed and the wall so that I wouldn't have to look at it.  I thought she'd given it away or thrown it out because of my aversion to it.

Fourth, there are some papers that are stapled together.  They look like photocopies, so I assume this is the "will-like note" that Sugiura mentioned.  It's all in Miki's handwriting and looks nothing like a legal document.

Fifth, there's one of those cheap notebooks that you can buy at the hundred yen store.  The front is a chequered pattern of blue and pink.  In the corner is written, "Please read this, Aya."

Finally, flat against the bottom of the bag is a rectangular piece of paper.  I pick it out, almost having missed it.  I recognise the name right away.  It's a ticket from a Matsuda Seiko concert.  Not just any of her concerts.  The one where Miki and I met.

I look at this unexpected and seemingly nonsensical treasure trove of items and I decide to start with the most official-looking papers.

I pick up the photocopies and begin to read.

May 22nd, 2009.

To whom it may concern,

This is my will.  I have not made any formal document because I refuse to think about that until I am much, much older.  I've written out this note in the event that something unexpected happens to me and I die before I can say any last words.  There are some things in my life that mean something to me, and I want the important people I know to have them.

As for all of my physical belongings, such as clothes, books, and other items, I think it's appropriate that they be given to my friends and family.  I want to give the duty of deciding who gets what to Matsuura Aya, since I trust her judgement.  I don't want to make things difficult by naming a dozen different people, so I have chosen one person to be my final voice on this earth.

I would like any money in my bank account to be sent to my parents.  I have attached their names and address on a separate piece of paper.  Any paycheque owed to me should also go to them.

Finally, to Matsuura, I would like to ask that a certain bag be given to her.  I keep it at work.  It's in my locker in my dressing room at the main studio.  I have attached an address on another separate piece of paper.

I don't know how to write a will, but I hope that even something this simple will make it easier to sort out my affairs if I ever do die suddenly.

That is all.

Fujimoto Miki

I flip to the separate papers that are stapled to this plain note.  One has her parents' names and their address in Hokkaido written on it.  The other has another note.

Since I have switched workplaces, I now keep the bag in the bottom drawer of my desk.  It's locked, but there should be a key for it nearby.

And then she's written the address of U-Con records.

Miki had written a will all this time ago and I had never known.  She'd never mentioned it to me.  She'd named me as someone whose judgement she trusted, her last voice on earth.  Me.

My mind heavy with thought, I decide the notebook is the next place to check.

I take it in my hands carefully and open it up.  The first page is blank, just like the first page of her journal.  It's one of her peculiar "things."  The second page is where her writing starts.  It's undated.

Hi, Aya-chan.

I know this is really weird of me to do, but I was sitting here thinking, and I started to worry that if anything ever happened to me and I died suddenly, I wouldn't be able to give you some things that I'd want you to have.  I wouldn't be able to say some last words to you.  The thought of just leaving you hurts me too much, and I start to cry if I think about it excessively.  That's why I'm writing this.

If you're reading this, then I'm either dead or in some deep coma that I'm not expected to wake up from.  Either way, I can't talk to you, and you can't talk to me.  Are you sad?  I am.  Or I would be if I could feel sad in death or a coma.  I don't want you to be sad, though.  I want you to be happy that you're alive.  I don't want you to worry about me.  We've had good times together, and every day is like an adventure because of you.

We make a good team, I think, but if we have to part ways, then at least we've learned from each other.  Well, I think I've learned a lot more from you than you could ever learn from me.  I wasn't really grown up when I met you.  Maybe I tried to be, maybe I looked like I was, but I really wasn't.  I know you know that.  You weren't really that mature either, but you've always had this sense around you that makes people look at you and go "cute... and clever!"  Or at least that's what I've always thought.  Maybe other people look at you differently, but that's how I look at you.  We started to grow up together, and I think we've come a long way since we were silly teenagers.  Some parts of us have hardened up, some have softened up.  I think I kind of got really hard and then you softened me again because you reminded me about how good life is when there are so many things worth living for.

Don't cry!

Maybe I'm being silly to expect you to be crying over me - sounds a little egotistical - but I think I know you well enough to be able to make that assumption.  I mean, I'd totally cry over you if you wrote something like this and I was reading it.  Well, okay, the truth is that I'd cry if you broke a nail.  I love you that much, you know?

Before I say anything else, I just want to quickly explain why I've collected some of these things and given them to you, although I'm sure you can figure out some of them.

The concert ticket is obvious.  We first met there, right?  Well, I've cherished you from the moment I met you, and that old ticket is proof!  I mean, not in a creepy or anything.  You know that.  But like I already told you, when I met you, I liked you right away.  I thought, "we could be best friends one day," and I was right.  I kept that ticket.  Actually, I lost track of it for a while, but I re-found it again recently.  I knew it had to be in my room somewhere.  I would never throw something like that out.  I want you to have it.  That ticket is more than just a ticket to a Seiko-san concert.  That ticket was a ticket to your heart. 

(If I'm in a coma, please come to the hospital and pull the plug and let me go in peace because I can't believe I said something so corny.)

The socks.  Do you remember your first birthday present to me?  Probably not, because I think you bought it at the hundred yen store two minutes before you saw me.  So here you go.  The cheapest pair of socks I could find for you.  It's my payback.

Besides Mr. Monkey, this other little guy is my favourite of my stuffed toy animals.  I keep him at work nowadays.  I know you don't really like him that much, but he's cute and important to me.  Please take care of him.

I made that album for you.  It's not just pictures of you and me, so don't get all confused when suddenly you realise I have other friends (hah!).  I've written what I think under the pictures.  The album is a collection of a bunch of my good memories from the past few years.  I've had lots of fun times at work, during free time, out with friends, and, of course, with you.  That album is like a slice of my mind.  Please keep it for me.  If I'm not around to remember it, you can for me.

Then this notebook.  These are just my ramblings.  Feel free to ignore me.  I know you like to pretend to.

There aren't many things that I have left to say to you.  You know how I think already.  I think the biggest thing I want to say is "thank you."

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

From the bottom of my heart.  Thank you for looking out for me, for understanding me, and for being my big sister even though I'm older than you.

And with that, imagine I've just given you a big, slobbery kiss on your cheek, 'cause you hate when I do that. 

I want you to think of me and laugh.  I want you to smile and do that thing you always do.  That "oh, Miki, why do I even bother trying to train you" kind of look as if I'm a dog that you're just about to give up on.  If you think of that, then it'll surely be easier not to cry.

Lastly, whatever has happened to me, I don't want you to blame yourself.  You've always been so good to me, even when you're mean to me (hah, I get the last word on that), so I know that you'd never hurt me or let me get hurt on purpose.  Whatever happened to me was out of your control.  Even if there was a tiny thing you "could have done," remember that life is about choices.  We all make them.  Sometimes we make good ones, and sometimes, unfortunately, we make bad ones.  I have absolute, one hundred per cent faith in all of your decisions.  It doesn't matter if they're good or not because I know they're backed up by your heart, which is nothing but good.

Goodbye, Aya.  I love you veeeeery very very much!

(You know, sometimes it's embarrassing to say that, but it's even more embarrassing to write it out like that.  God, I hope I never die unexpectedly just so that you never read this.)

-Miki

I've never thought that giggling insanely and sobbing could be done simultaneously.  The unique thing about Miki is that she's always been able to make me feel all these strange, new emotions that I didn't know were possible, and the gigglesob, I have just discovered, is the strangest of them yet.

I read the letter and I laugh out loud, followed immediately by bursting into tears, followed by giggling that annoys me because I'm supposed to be sad, followed by more tears that won't stop falling.

This surprise package has been the only real breath of fresh air I've had in the past few days, but it has also reminded me of the extent of my loss.

For once, I decide not to think about it too deeply.  I take my time, and for the next while, I flip through the scrapbook of pictures and read the notebook over and over again.  The pages are part of Miki, and now in my possession, they whisper her thoughts to me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:36:21 PM by OTN1 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
Oh I love Miki. The letter to Aya was just so Miki. Did that make sense?

I'm overwhelmed by a lot of emotions and thoughts, and I don't really know how to sort them out to post them here coherently, so I'll settle for telling you that this is awesome and I'm still waiting for more. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »
I giggled at this chapter, but I also felt sad. It was so Miki-esque and yet, words escape me...

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
When I read the first paragraph in this thread which said need to read Love x 2 first, I was avoiding this thread because I couldn't read it (no access to the perv) XD. But now that I can read Love x 2, I read all the chapters all day, to about 2 am in the morning XD.

One thing I first realized after reading all the fics you posted here (at least the ones I've found) XD, is that Aya handled Miki's death better than Miki handled Aya's death. Sure Aya is also angsty by the sudden death, but the way you write this fic makes her looks as she's good to hold her emotion and think smartly even when she's in despair. If the roles are switched, the one who was misteriously killed is Aya and the living one is Miki, Miki will sure be the type who scream everything at the police and ready to bomb the whole Japan to make sure Aya's killer is dead XD.

Ahh you wrote the few first chapters so happy (there's even the narcisstic Aya!), and I just knew that there will be something wrong, there's no OTN without rollercoaster story :D! But how could Miki leave Aya like that... Her death is more painful than Aya's death in your latest fanfic before this ;_;.

For a moment when I read about Aya sleeping with Shibata my pervy mind was working... XD Hey, if its for Aya's happiness, then Miki won't mind if Aya find a new love right? And most of us won't mind too :3 *kicks self*

I'm so guessing that the 19-year-old boy who has a crush on Aya is not that innocent, totally, no, especially when he appeared that much in the fanfic :D. Maybe he is the one who killed Miki? Because he secretly knows about the relationship and he still wants Aya...

That Sugiura-police, he doesn't seem to be that innocent either... But I hope he won't be nosey and tell everything he knows about the relationship to the media...

Oh no... now all the characters are possible to be Miki's killer in my head O_O. Or maybe they all were plotting to kill Miki?! So the killer isn't only one person?! Aya! You shouldn't trust them easily! ;_;

Hoping that the whole chapters about Miki's death is actually a nightmare Aya is having and she's going to wake up pervy with Miki beside her :heart:. *gets kicked*

Your fanfics made me cry, this one too ;_;. You have to promise me that you'll write a fluffy fanfic after you finish this fic ;_;. (and sorry if my comment is too long XD)

Offline magicnumber

• ecchi
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »
Damnit. Miki's letter made me really really sad. Like Estrea said, it's just so Miki -- from her embarrassment to her humor to the confessions, like how she thinks of Aya and ... ah..  :'(

... And just for the freaken hell of it, since no one else suggested it and I DO want those 10 chaps of fluff... what if Miki killed Miki? O_o Or Aya killed Miki? Is that going too far? yes it probably is, but who else could it be? Tsuyoshi seems like the unsuspecting guy that everyone would -want- to suspect, but that's almost too expected in itself (going in circles now). *sigh*

*bashes head against desk*
Waiting to read more  :heart:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan