JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Matsu Takako - Hana no Youni

Author Topic: [Movie] Fantastic Four 2: Rise Of The Silver Surfer  (Read 12009 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Fantastic Four 2: Rise Of The Silver Surfer
« on: December 31, 2006, 06:51:13 AM »

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is a 2007 superhero film that is the sequel to the 2005 film Fantastic Four. Tim Story returns to direct Rise of the Silver Surfer with Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Julian McMahon and Kerry Washington reprising their roles. Doug Jones and Beau Garrett appear in the sequel as the Silver Surfer and Frankie Raye, respectively. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer has a target release date of June 15, 2007."

Story:
Reed and Sue are married early in the film. The film's remaining story will center on the appearance of the Silver Surfer on Earth, as well as the return of Dr. Doom. The traditional connection between the Surfer and Galactus seen in the early Fantastic Four comics has not been confirmed, but Tom Rothman, Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has confirmed that Galactus will also appear in the film. Tim Story has confirmed that Doctor Doom, seen defeated and frozen in his metal form at the end of the first film, will make a dramatic return in this movie and "he will be back in full DOOM, not like we had him in the first film." Actor Ioan Gruffudd has confirmed that Julian McMahon will be back for the sequel

Trailer:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:54:28 AM by daigong »

Offline Rakko

• Dr. OtterPuss, M.D.
  • Member+
Fantastic Four 2: Rise Of The Silver Surfer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 06:58:09 AM »
FUCK YES!!!! First appearance of cosmic beings in a Marvel movie!!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 07:04:24 AM »
With Spider-Man 3 and Ghost Rider, looks like next year will be full of comics turned to movies. I also heard that there's an Iron Man movie in the works but it will be for 2008.

I'm not sure about making Galactus the next baddie they face. IMHO, they should have made the Skrulls & Super Skrull the villains so that the transition of the setting from earth to space will be easier for the FF. But I'm gonna watch it anyway :D

The trailer was awesome!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 07:07:18 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »
I've known about this one for a while, and the Surfer looks good, they definitely could only get him to look good with cgi, and he seems to mirror the comic original closely in appearance.

Can't wait to see Galactus in this one, lets see if they do the world devourer justice.
Reed and Sue get hitched, and Doom returns......FF sequel is another one to look forward to for the summer.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline nazokage

• rika ishikawa's boyfreind (i wish)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 07:32:21 AM »
Cool Preview looking forward to it i already knew about the ironman movie i think they should play the ironman song by ozzie in it :P

credit to arian and strawchan for picts

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »
Already is rumored that Galactus will be in this movie and they have pictures of the Fantasticar being in this also

And also the Iron Man Movie Site is up now

http://www.ironmanmovie.com/

Iron Man Played by Robert Downey Jr

And Terrence Howard Playing Jim Rhodes(War Machine)
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Rakko

• Dr. OtterPuss, M.D.
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 08:31:21 AM »
That is one nifty looking craft. On a side note I'd rather have a Captain America movie than ironman's.

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 09:02:50 AM »
As would I, Steve Rogers is ten times the man that Tony Stark is.

Back on topic, judging by the trailer they seem to have gotten the surfer right.  The first FF movie was good, but Doom was lame and the film was more about the dynamics between the FF than it was about Doom's evilness.  Hopefully they'll bring back Doom right and do Galactus justice, I don't want to see something like Ultimate Galactus.  Here's an idea I thought was pretty pimp, a Kree-Skrull War TV series.  I think it would fare pretty well against Heroes and BSG, what do you think?

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »
Oh shit that's awesome. Surfer looks freakin sweet. Was he always able to phase through things like that?

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »
Quote from: boykun;271261
Oh shit that's awesome. Surfer looks freakin sweet. Was he always able to phase through things like that?

Nope. But the add on is coOl though :ONbingo:
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
COOL TRAILER! Silver Surfer?? He's a bad guy? (I never read the comics XD and  teh cartoon was boring) I always get him confused with Ice Man.

I've heard Jessica Alba and Jeff Goldblum have a love triangle with Silver Surfer...MORE ALBA in the trailer man!!

Offline nazokage

• rika ishikawa's boyfreind (i wish)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »
well silver surfer isent actully evil but he is sorta under the control of galactus if they follow the comics that is but he is actully good but he is being controlled so right now he is evil but only cause he is being controlled maybe they will make one where he gets away from galactus and then he is good would be cool

credit to arian and strawchan for picts

Offline Carisear

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
they've been filming FF4 part 2 right where i pass every morning for the past couple months.  looks pretty cool.  can't wait to see it!

i took the pix with my cell phone quickly ... that's why the quality kinda sucks ;P

it took then a good month and a half or so to build that pagoda, and only like 2 days to put up the signs all around the buildings.  was pretty cool seeing them build everything.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 09:37:57 PM »
That's a great quality cellphone camera you've got!

So I guess Galactus eats worlds, but the Silver Surfer likes Chinese food? :-)

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »
It's the MSG that gives him that beautiful shine XD

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »
I don't expect much judging from the first Fantastic Four :|

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:50 AM »
^same here, I really hope FF2 would be different from the 1st since the only exciting part in part 1 was jessica alba in her undies.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline anythursday

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
Personally I thought the first installment was a joke and bad enough. I'm not sure how this one would turn out.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »
I'm wondering if there'll be a teaser trailer with Galactus.
Interested in seeing if he'll be the same as in the comics, but not the how he was in the "Ultimate Galactus" comics.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline MakotoDX

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »
Quote from: L-san;281247
I'm wondering if there'll be a teaser trailer with Galactus.
Interested in seeing if he'll be the same as in the comics, but not the how he was in the "Ultimate Galactus" comics.

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking..

When the FF first met Silver Surfer.. he was the herald of Galactus.. How COOL would that be???

Was the Ultimate Galactus just a weapon right? It wasnt an actual "person"

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Matsu Takako - Hana no Youni