JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - In A Room Alone

Author Topic: Terminator Salvation (2009)  (Read 12057 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Terminator Salvation (2009)
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 07:30:02 AM »
McG's Terminator Salvation Will End Up Rated PG-13

McG can't trick us any longer, the truth is out there. A few weeks ago, a PG-13 rating was discovered on the promotional Pizza Hut site for Terminator Salvation. It was an early indication that McG had lost the battle to get his movie rated R. I didn't mention it at the time, because it all seemed a bit sketchy and wasn't confirmed by the MPAA. However, Fox is set to air an "Extended Look" at Terminator Salvation tomorrow during "Bones", and the promo spot that aired on Monday for that also featured a PG-13 (via SlashFilm). That's a sure enough sign that it is indeed going to be rated PG-13, whether McG wants to admit it or not.

This is the first time any Terminator movie will receive the PG-13 rating. The previous three, including Terminator 3, were all rated R. Back at WonderCon, McG asked the audience to cheer if they wanted to see Moon Bloodgood's breasts - which was his attempt at proving to the studio that a scene with Moon naked in the rain should be in his movie. However, my guess is that after Watchmen did worse than expected, Warner Brothers decided they didn't want to take any more risks with R rated genre movies (see this article), especially when they're unsure of how well it will perform (because Terminator 3 didn't do so well).

The good news (if you can call it that) is that I think Terminator Salvation was shot for PG-13 anyway, so I'm sure McG didn't have to make any major cuts to get the rating. I would argue that a blatantly obvious nude scene in the rain would've been stupid anyway, so I'm glad he was forced to cut out the cheese, and stick with the story and action. Lest we forget that The Dark Knight was awesome and that was PG-13!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/14/mcgs-terminator-salvation-will-end-up-rated-pg-13/

:thumbdown:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09:27 AM »
Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series (Ep. 1 Preview)

Exclusive Preview of Episode 1 of the Explosive New Machinima Series Brought to by the creative minds of Halcyon, Wonderland, Machinima.com and Warner Premiere Episode 1 Synopsis: Two years before the events of Terminator Salvation, Resistance fighter Blair Williams embarks on a deadly mission to eradicate a technological threat that is weakening the Resistance's ability to fight a deadly A.I. called Skynet and its lethal array of Terminator machines. Blair Williams voiced by Moon Bloodgood.

Offline WingZero84

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »
 Arnold come back !!

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
Anyone seen it yet? I checked up on rotten tomatoes, and the movie sounds pretty mediocre. I saw the word "disappointed" a lot. Sucky but not unexpected. They really should have left Terminator alone. 1 and especially 2 are quite hard to match.

Offline Yo Jimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:42 AM »
Saw it. It was pretty awesome and I liked the references they make to the older movies. I don't think you need to see all the older movies to understand this one because I barely remember them even if I saw them all. Action scenes were amazing at least. Story was ok. And Christian Bale is a very angry dude. For what it's worth, I think it's at least better than #3.
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 07:50:06 AM »
I was expecting it to be really bad but was surprised to find out it was not. It is nowhere near as good as the first 2 movies but it has some good action. I enjoyed it and will watch the next one. . . though McG still sucks.
be all you can be

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »
The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good.

The story was too corny in the dramatic parts, but decent enough. And then some of the action stuff didn't make much sense in an unentertaining way. But the giant robot/CG scenes were pretty nice.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
I saw the movie today and I have mixed feeling about it. Terminator Salvation is mad entertaining and it has no boring moments... but! The plot is really average and Marcus Wright is pretty much the only truly interesting character. Overall Terminator Salvation is a good action movie but it doesn't really add anything new to the Terminator saga. I think regular moviegoers will probably enjoy the movie more than the hardcore Terminator-fans.

:thumbsup
- Mad entertaining
- Marcus Wright (easily the most interesting character)
- CGI-Arnold
- References to old Terminator flicks
- Moon Bloodgood was hot
- Action, action and more action!

:thumbdown:
- ...but overall the plot was weak
- Having a faceless villain like Skynet is boring (Arnold, T-1000 & T-X were much more badass)
- Not enough Kyle Reese
- The whole "kill Kyle and John Connor will cease to exist" thing is retarded
- Bryce Dallas Howard was useless
- Helena Bonham Carter was even more useless
- Common was the most useless character in the movie, he did absolutely nothing
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:52:33 PM by Masa »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »
Saw it today, actually I'm just back from the theater xD

Good action entertainment, the story wasn't brilliant but ok, I probably liked it better than T3, all the small references to the 1+2 are nice, but overall medicore.
And what sucked most: I had to pay FULL price for the movie ticket, no free tickets or discounts because the distributor says so  :thumbdown:
I hope this was the last movie and they leave Terminator alone.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
Will There Be a Terminator 5? Does Anyone Even Care?

The "talk of the town" this week (besides Avatar) is that the Terminator franchise might be on its last legs. Despite its lackluster performance, the real problems now lie in lawsuits and financial troubles surrounding The Halcyon Company, which picked up the Terminator rights a few years ago. Ben Fritz at the LA Times has a great write-up on the legal issues, which seem to only get worse each and every day. It doesn't help that "no one" is really that interested in seeing more Terminator movies after Terminator Salvation was so bad. So will we even see a Terminator 5? At this point, no one really knows, but it's not looking good.

Here's how Fritz describes the situation that Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek, the owners of the Halcyon Co., are currently in. "The suits come as the Halcyon Company, owned by Anderson and Kubicek, has been attempting to raise money to keep operating their company, according to several people familiar with the situation. The duo also is in the early stages of development on a fifth Terminator film, two people familiar with their efforts said." How can they be moving forward on Terminator 5 if they don't have any money, it just doesn't make sense? It sounds like these guys won't last much longer and Terminator will go with them.

I wasn't putting much consideration into these lawsuits until I started seeing articles from other industry journalists that I respect and trust, like Geoff Boucher of Hero Complex and Anne Thompson of indieWIRE. Both of them are quite pessimistic as well. Boucher says at the end: "All things considered, I suspect the plug has been pulled on Terminator, maybe for good this time." Thompson suspects pretty much the same: "The recent Halcyon bankruptcy announcement has raised some eyebrows, because it seems bizarre for the producers of the $370 million worldwide grosser Terminator Salvation to be running on empty."

Maybe this is just a sign that we should finally forget about trying to continue on the franchise that James Cameron started 25 years ago and focus on the future, including Cameron's latest work. Although I did enjoy Terminator Salvation and would've liked to see more, the $125 million it made is a sign that the fans have spoken, and they really don't seem to want any more Terminator. It was nice knowing you, John Connor.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/21/will-there-be-a-terminator-5-does-anyone-even-care/

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - In A Room Alone