JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Indipiina Alternative Box

Author Topic: (Group) Babyraids JAPAN  (Read 44830 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Babyraids JAPAN
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
So another single, how about they release a new album already!!!

https://babyraids.lespros.co.jp/news/detail/8840

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2015, 05:52:44 AM »
CM for new single

Back to the style I like I guess.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
Full PV for "Hashire, Hashire"

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
Jul's link seems to be borked

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 07:10:33 AM »
Another new one

---

Also the entire Budokan performance was posted, I think for a limited time - one of my fave lives (not sure if this works outside Japan)

http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/music-live/player/babyraids
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:38:09 AM by Rezar »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »
Gyao is Japan-only, just like pretty much anyone on a Sony label. #uncoolJapan

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:08 PM »
They got daily oricon first place for the first time ever with their new single, good for them :)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2016, 10:05:39 PM »
Live version of next single "Senkou Believer", out 5/25

I like it! Been a while since I listened to any Babyraids.

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2016, 03:04:11 AM »
I might go see them tomorrow, not really sure yet.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »
New video is out

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »
Babyraids will be performing at Japan Expo, Paris on July 9th!!!

https://tokyopopline.com/archives/62278

(Quite tempted to go, now)

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2016, 11:13:50 PM »
2nd album to be released on 9/21

Ltd A - ¥3,500 - CD +DVD
Ltd B - ¥3,500 - 2xCD
Reg   - ¥3,000 - CD

DVD has dance vids of the singles, and some live stuff and possibly some more.

Type B 2nd CD has the overture and, I think, live tracks.

https://babyraids.lespros.co.jp/news/detail/10712

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »
This TIF made me loose all interest in Babyraids. Songs were still okay, but their performance at Sky Stage was lame and over exaggerated, starting the set with an MC(!) and then continuing with putting Manatsu in the spot light. Is that Babyraids or rather Manatsu & Babyraids?
Also Rio still sucks at dancing as always, though that is hilarious :lol:

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2016, 04:34:28 PM »
This TIF made me loose all interest in Babyraids. Songs were still okay, but their performance at Sky Stage was lame and over exaggerated, starting the set with an MC(!) and then continuing with putting Manatsu in the spot light. Is that Babyraids or rather Manatsu & Babyraids?
Also Rio still sucks at dancing as always, though that is hilarious :lol:

I dont think it's fair to judge a group based from one performance. I wasn't there for the sky stage performance so cant say much (hear they're singing Tiger soul for the first song, which is rather a slow song), but IMO their performances at the other stages (smile, ship stage, and hot stage) is really fun ! (Especially this one haha)

Then again, Sky stage isn't really suited for those kind of high songs like "Yoake Brand news days" since they dont really allow you to do hi-jumps up there (since it's dangerous) so it only makes sense if they singing their other songs (or probably their slower songs) like "tiger soul", which i really think suits the stage better.

For their other stages in #TIF imo they really choose their songs well, with all the old trade mark songs (like "babyraids",  "baby revolution" woot~~, and even "Level 1" !!!!)

As for Manatsu taking all the attention; dont really it's true at all.

- Their song "Wahaha" from coupling single Senkou Believer got Naosuke doing the rap segment,  and she seems very cool while doing it.  haha.

- Another song "Baby kiss" (which hopefully will be featured on their new album) got Denchan doing the solo "fishing" line (lol) it was hilarious.

- Well, i never liked Rioton, so can't find anything good about her, but i guess she's always at her best of being the "useless" one in the group lol... then again ,there maybe other people who like that kind of idols haha.

- Ricopin is always entertaining during MCs; so.... you either love or hate her really. Hahaha. She looks damn cute with her tiger ears and tiger tails tho !

Anyways, these are my personal observation. Imo, they have improved ALOT since the last time i see them last year- which is why i am really into them right now. Haha.  :)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:47:46 PM by infzer0 »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
Don't worry. My impression of Babyraids have been lost a long time already. The Sky Stage Live was just prove to me. I liked them once a lot. There album was great and I had even bought two DVD's by them. But since the Budokan show, which I found disappointing, they lost the idol appeal to me. It seemed the tried to be more then that (for the lack of better words). I also have an issue with their limited accessibility for events, especially cheki and akushukai.
But hey, that is just my opinion. ;)

And to not let there be any confusion: I like Rioton. It nevertheless is hilarious to see her every time. :lol:

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
yeah their cheki is quite rare, i think the last week of july they have a group cheki event for their new album release (very limited also), but i almost never see any 2shots with babyraids members before. For me, the closest thing i got back then is a "1shot" during Rioton's bday event and that was few years ago, haha.

But then again some idols like IdolStreet groups also quite hard for cheki and akushukai, though i still kinda like them despite the 'limited accessibility.' (although during TIF2016, all the idol street groups have free Hi5 at the greetings square somehow, lol)

I also somehow think, the harder you get to see them,  you will appreciate them more, but dunno maybe it's just me. :P Maybe i'm too spoiled that in Jakarta we have so many local idol groups here (JKT48, Lumina Scarlet,etc) ,it's soo easy to see their live and talk to them everyday (2shot etc etc) so in the end..i got really bored quite easily. Haha.

Anyways, just saw the babyraids Sky Stage performance from torrent i downloaded from aidoru online tracker. The setlist is just what i expected and it is indeed so so only. But at least it's still better than GEM singing ballad song in Smile Garden at night. Now that is really out of place  :lol:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
Yea, it is strange with me, but I guess in my mind I associate idols with events. No matter if I want to take part in it or not, I at least want there to be the option. Don't know if that makes sense. Maybe Babyraids jsut became too big in a too short amount of time for me? I have a tendency to avoid popular acts.

High touches are not my thing and only appreciated by me, if I already know the members and viceversa.

Hmm, the harder to see AT EVENTS, the less I like them. With only being able to see them on my Japan holidays, I feel the distance helps a lot to keep my fandom alive. I am actually quite happy now of not being exposed to idols / not living in Japan, as I assume it would lessen my infatuation with them if I were to see them every day. Like you described with your native idols.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »
yea. i think quite true with babyraids being famous too fast -- but it's still better than being disbanded (if they fail the budokan thingy back then lol)

but if you think about it, back then before their budokan thingy etc etc, i think it's already hard to be able to cheki/2shot/akushukai with them (i almost never seen any -- or maybe im just unlucky lol) so i dont see any difference nowadays - they're just as hard to access as they do back then.... well, maybe except now they are far more popular, haha

sometimes being popular does come with a price, but at the same time,  i feel kinda happy for them (for doing so well in such short ammount of time).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
lol, we spam this forum :lol:

Actually I put much importance into events and I try to establish good relations with idol groups I like. Haven't thought it would affect me that much honestly.

And as far as I know, 2shots are mainly possible for fan club members at certain fan club events only. It seems to be that way since the beginning.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »
lol, we spam this forum :lol:

Haha. today is a holiday in my country (national day) so spent the entire day re-watching #TIF footages and updating my blog, so i got quite some free time xD I also just put up the babyraids poster i bought last week during my japan trip into my bedroom wall (since i like to fill my bedrooms with idol posters xD). Now my bedroom wall is filled with Babyraids and Passpo posters mostly :D

As for the FC thingy...kinda reminds me of IdolStreet where you need to be FC before you can 2shot with them, haha. Actually my chikipa oshi (Yuriya) got birthday 2shot while im in japan last week, but its only for FC members.. In the end i just gave up (cuz too complicated) and go for other events. But i still like them though !

so yeah...the quest for me to take cheki/2shot/group shot with babyraids continues.. :cry:

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Indipiina Alternative Box