JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Nothing Lasts Forever

Author Topic: Short Shots Collection: (NanashiNantene) 9/02  (Read 22204 times)

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Short Shots Collection: 10 ways to confess. 1st try. (SasshiYui) 11/23
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
Sasshi~ still hetare~

Did expected SasshiYui will be this CUTE~

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:26 PM »
Oh!! plis Continue the story: Unrequited Love and Just Me...
I really love this two stories that you are writing!!

Offline PockyChocolate

• My oshi will be forever Takamina~
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »
I need the 2nd way, the 3rd, 4th, 5th... I NEED ALL!  :on voodoo: :on voodoo: :on voodoo:

I can't wait to read the next chapter of this SasshiYui fic...
I want to know what will Sasshi do next and also Yui..  :sashiko: :sashiko: :sashiko:

HONESTLY, SasshiYui is one of my OTPs... but this is my first time reading a SasshiYui fic...  :bingo: :bingo:

Offline itadakimasu

• The Happy Retard.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't mind me, I'm just a walking pumpkin. :D
Short Shots Collection: A booked Christmas (MaYuki) 12/25
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 07:16:15 AM »
...Yeah, kind of lame...

I fail at cheese and fluffcorns. :T

A Booked Christmas

Breathing out heavily, Yuki rubbed her hands together.

Casting her eyes down, she could see her breath leaving her lips as the snow falling from the sky made her even colder. It was like a torture, standing there for possibly hours under the cold weather. But she didn’t want to leave just yet. She made a promise with someone, and even if that someone would be a million years late, she would still wait.

She looked up at the dark sky silently.

Maybe that person forgot about it already? About the promise they both pledged not long ago, that promise where they both linked their pinky fingers together while saying “Let’s meet on Christmas Eve” at the same time.

If their promise was indeed forgotten, then maybe that’s fine.

This kind of love story, this kind of pitiful romantic story where she can’t even spend a time with the person she loves- maybe this suited her the best. If that person doesn’t come by the time the bell rings, then it’s a given… That she wasn’t that important to be remembered.

Truth be told, she was starting to lose hope.

The snow was beginning to cover the street as it started to grow strong, and the passerby around her were starting to run for shelter- together with the one they were going to spend their Christmas with.  She wanted to find a shelter too, but the thought of that someone coming to their meeting place just to see that she had left already made her stop.

If one of them were going to wait- then she wants to be the one who takes that role.

Because she simply loves the person so much, that she doesn’t want to see her suffer.

Looking at the clock tower right infront of her, a pitiful smile rose up on her face.

11:50…

The time for the bell to ring was drawing closer, and yet, there was still no sign of her loved one.

Tears were starting to gather in her eyes, but she refused to let them roll down.

Not yet. It’s not yet time for her to cry.

She’ll wait. For sure, that person will come.

“Yukirin!”

Yuki quickly turned her head to the direction of that familiar voice, only to see her angel, her most loved angel running towards her with a hand waving up in the air. She couldn’t help but smile at the scene.

Her wait had finally paid off, didn’t it?

A hug greeted her as soon as the said angel came close to her, a hug which she couldn’t help but return just as tight.

She thanked the cold weather for this.

Hugging the girl before her was keeping her warm- and she knew that she wouldn’t release her for awhile just yet.

“Yukirin, I’m sorry. I’m really late, aren’t I? How long did you wait? I’m really sorry! Really!”

Yuki smiled even more as she shook her head softly. Really, this girl was just too adorable for her not to forgive.

“It’s fine, what kept you though?”

She tilted her head to the side as she lessened her grip on their hug, with her hands slowly falling down from the smaller girl’s shoulder down to her waist. As much as she didn’t want to pull apart from the girl, she had to.

Yuki could notice how some of the passerby were staring at them. But she didn’t mind. To see two girls hugging just a few minutes before Christmas does give off an odd aura, after all. If they hated a relationship that was supposed to be ‘forbidden’, then they can hate it.

She couldn’t care less.

“Well…” Her angel’s voice brought her attention back to her. “I wanted to get you a gift… But I ended up running around Shibuya aimlessly until I lost track of time…”

The guilt present in the girl’s voice made Yuki squeal inwardly,

“Silly, you don’t have to get me a present.”

“Then I won’t give you the present I came up with anymore…” The girl pouted.

“Eh?! I take it back!”

Yuki frowned as soon as she heard the girl chuckle. Was she fooling around with her? And after she waited for her for hours too…

“Yuki…”

The girl pulled out from their loose embrace, with her hands slowly running down on her arms as she looked at her seriously.

“When the time comes, will you marry me?”

Yuki’s eyes widened a little in surprise, but she immediately wiped it away with a smile as she leaned down to the younger girl, their lips meeting for a quick kiss.

“Of course. I would be more than happy to marry you, Mayu.”

Both of them smiled after the kiss.

People were staring at them like they were a disease, but they didn’t care. This was their Christmas, and they will, without a doubt, spend it as much as they want to.

The clock tower’s bell finally chimed,

And with their smile growing even more, Yuki rested her forehead on Mayu’s.

The two of them gave each other a quick peck once again before at the same time, muttering the words,

“Merry Christmas.”

Offline Yagami.Rai

• 高みにゃ~ (=`ω´=)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Takamina ❤ Atsuko
Re: Short Shots Collection: A booked Christmas (MaYuki) 12/25
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
 :mon inluv: Mayuki~

Thanks for the Update XD

Offline kaizoku_gal

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ヽ(´・ω・`)ノ
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
Yay~~ a MaYuki Christmas fic~  :heart: :heart:

p/s: Merry Christmas to you!  :)

Follow me on tumblr!  http://haaatochun.tumblr.com/

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 04:05:52 PM »
Mayuki so cute~

Offline itadakimasu

• The Happy Retard.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
Yay~~ a MaYuki Christmas fic~  :heart: :heart:

p/s: Merry Christmas to you!  :)

Merry Christmas! \(^o^)/

Offline cmze

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sad but nostalgic..gr8 memories! :D
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »
This was so cuteeee!  :cry:

Mayuki! :heart:

sorry christmas puts me sensitive :grin:

Thanks for updating!  :D

please update soonn  :thumbsup

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
Merry Chrisymas for MaYuki~

Offline itadakimasu

• The Happy Retard.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Short Shots Collection: Crying Shoulder (YuiRie) 12/30
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »
Because I'm freaking bored and haven't done my projects yet, here's a pointless OS with a weird pairing...

And no, it's not the continuation of the fics I wrote earlier.

:U Hurray underrated pairings!!

...I don't even know what I wrote.
Yes. I didn't re-read. :U

Crying Shoulder

With my arms wrapped around her tightly, I listened to her cry, like how I would listen to her talk about someone she liked happily, I listened to her mutter the words ‘I’m such an idiot’ repeatedly. Even though I wanted to cheer her up, I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to do. I was never capable of cheering someone up. I’m supposed to be someone who simply observes from the sideline. With that in mind, just how was I supposed to cheer her up?

All this time, I’ve been taking the role of a spectator, watching her fall in love with someone who wasn’t me; listen to her whenever she felt like telling me the things she and that person did. With a forced smile on my face, I’ve always been the one who simply keeps quiet and listen just to keep her happy. Yet, here she was, crying in my arms, seeking for comfort which I couldn’t properly give.

This was my first time to see her like this,

The person whom I loved the most,

Covered with her own tears,

Looking so vulnerable…

So fragile…

When I told her to confess to that person she liked, I actually said it for the sake that she would be happy. I knew that I wouldn’t be capable of making her smile like how that person did; I knew that I wasn’t as familiar with her as they both did with each other. And so, with that in mind, I thought that she would be happier if she confessed to her.

So why…?

Why did this happen?

“I got dumped”

When she said that to me while crying by my front door, my heart immediately shuttered into pieces… The first thing that came into my mind was how I was at fault for this.

I wanted her to be happy and yet,

I was actually the instrument for her sadness.

If I stayed away from her, if I kept my mouth shut, would she have been happier, I wonder?

“I’m sorry, Kitahara-san…” I repeated those words again as I rubbed her back gently with my palm. Even though at times, words can be cheap, it was the only thing I could do as of the moment. As much as I hated it, it was the best I could give.

As expected, she muttered a soft, “It’s not your fault.”

I was never the type to take advantage of someone, nor was I desperate enough to even take this chance just so I could steal her heart.

All this time, I kept my distance. Even though we were often grouped together in work, I would stay away from her as much as I can, instead of grouping up with her and Sashihara whenever Not Yet members gather together, I would simply stand there, at the side, just so she could have her time together with the person she loved alone.

But all those acts weren’t enough to spare my thoughts from her. Somehow, each time I close my eyes, I would see her smile because of a reason I came to simply accept- because of Sashihara.

With all my heart, I wanted to make her happy. That’s why I thought of giving up on her, to fully release her towards Sashihara just so they would be together. I encouraged her into confessing, I told her that everything would be alright, that Sashihara most likely loves her too. Without knowing what Sashihara actually thinks of her, I said it.

I didn’t expect for this to happen,

I thought that their feelings were mutual,

Even though the thought of seeing her smile because of someone else hurt me, I thought that it would be the best.

To see her cry like this because of my stupidity,

I’m really sorry.

I didn’t have much confidence to myself to be able to say that I could make her happy,

That’s why I decided to run away, give her in someone else’s care and simply watch from afar.

What a mistake it was to think of that.

I won’t do it again.

So please stop crying.

“Kitahara-san…”

Her tearstained face, though it looked beautiful on her, made my chest hurt.

“Come on, let it all out…”

I will make sure that this will be the last time she cries…

Even If after this, she would still choose to chase after Sashihara, and still love her despite being dumped…

This time, I’ll make sure that I will be the one to make her smile.

Just to make sure of her happiness, I’ll always stand right behind her.

Even if this means that I’ll just be her crying shoulder.

OMG I made Sasshi a bad guy! I tore RinoRie apart!

I hate myself! ; A ;
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:54:37 AM by itadakimasu »

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Short Shots Collection: Crying Shoulder (YuiRie) 12/30
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »
Yuihan ganbatte! Fight for Kitarie!

Offline itadakimasu

• The Happy Retard.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
This idea just came out of boredom. That's why I don't know the title. :U

Well anyway, this will have 3 parts, I think.

Please take this as my apology for breaking RinoRie on my post before this. m ( _  _ ) m

Part 1

Kitahara Rie, ever since she was a child, had always been a wimp and would often refuse to do things she found impossible to do without even trying. Thanks to that, she was hated by the kids in her school, which only made her even more ‘negative’ than how she already was.

Each day, there would always be a moment where she would think that she was the most negative kid in the world, and that she deserved being alone more. She would always mutter to herself how she didn’t need any friends- that she was ugly, a girl with no special talent in her, someone whose existence didn’t matter to the world at all.

She thought that she was the worst.

She thought that no one would ever be able to understand why she was like that, and so, because of that, she settled with being alone.

She slowly began to change though- and it’s all because of one simple accident.

--

Summer Vacation had just begun for Rie, which meant that she had no school to spend most of her time in. With that in mind, the girl had nothing to do but to laze around in the small house she and her only friends rented when they had graduated from high school.

Her said friends left early to watch some movie together, and they actually invited her along, but she decided to stay at home, telling them that she wanted to clean the house first before doing anything.

It was the truth. Rie could never take in the sight of an unorganized room for more than a second, and she believes that cleanliness is what matters the most in life. Call her a clean-o-holic if you wish, but there’s no stopping her once she’s decided to clean something.

She was starting to regret her decision though.

After cleaning the whole house alone, she had nothing else to do- and it was still one in that afternoon at that! She considered cheating away some of her time by sleeping, but for some reason, her mind was wide awake.

Letting a sigh leave her lips, Rie turned the TV which she continuously switched from one channel to another off, finally deciding that there was no use clicking the remote control’s next button anymore. She stood up from her couch and proceeded to the kitchen. Her stomach was complaining for some food- which she whole-heartedly forgot ever since she woke up.

Opening the refrigerator, the only thing Rie saw was an empty bottle of water, lying idly on one of the fridge’s compartment.

“That Oya… And I told her to tell me immediately if we run out of food too…”  She shut the fridge close angrily, and only then did she notice the piece of paper sticking on its door.

Dear beloved friend of ours named Kitahara Rie,
I’m really sorry! I forgot to tell you last night that Komorin and I had devoured everything in the fridge while playing some games! I know that you would be mad if I tell you this personally so I thought I’d just do this. Saves me from hearing you complain right~!? I’m such a genius, aren’t I?!

Oh, and Yuihan’s not innocent in this as well, she ate your last cup of pudding without knowing it.

Kitarie~ I hope you wouldn’t mind buying the foods for us? I left my credit card above the fridge, so you can use it!

For give us? ; A ;

P.S: Also, please buy the newest volume of One Piece. I beg you!!

-   Love, your most awesome buddies in the world, Oya, Komorin and Yuihan. It’s Oya who wrote this though! \(^o^)/

Tossing the poor innocent paper aside after reading it, Rie then reached out to the said credit card above the refrigerator, leaving her to wonder how Oya would pay for the things she would most likely want to buy for the rest of the day. But it wasn’t her business anyway so she brushed it off easily.

Normally, Rie would get mad at this- or even flip a table out of anger if she had to, but since she had nothing much to do anyway, she decided to spare the girls from her rage. At least she was given something to do, right?

After quickly changing out of her clothes and making sure that every window in the house was locked, Kitahara finally left the house, locking the door first before fully leaving to buy the things she listed down a minute ago.

The buying for foods part wasn’t much of a challenge to her, really, knowing that she was mostly the one in-charge of cooking inside the house anyway. What took her time the most was buying the new volume of One Piece- every single manga shops inside the city had the it sold-out already, so she was forced into going to Akihabara instead.

Knowing that she would look stupid if she goes there while carrying her groceries, she decided to drop back home first and shove everything in the refrigerator before venturing out again. All of this just for a single manga her friend wanted.

Barely escaping the packed train when she reached her stop, Rie couldn’t help but regret going to the normally-filled-with-people city and immediately wanted to return to her home, but then again, her efforts of going there would be left for naught if she did. As much as she hated it, she dragged her feet forward towards the most popular anime shop in the city, ‘Animate’.

On her way there, her phone suddenly vibrated from her pocket, forcing her to pull it out while walking around the crowded place. Reading the name on her phone’s screen, Rie couldn’t help but raise her brow up. What does she want now? she half-complained in her as she moved her thumb to the open button,

But before she could even press it, her phone was sent flying off of her grip, with her stumbling down followed by a feint crack in the background as soon as she hit the cemented ground.

Rubbing her now aching back, Rie angrily shot a glare at the person at fault for this- only to see that the girl was worriedly holding her hand out to her. She considered taking the offered hand to stand up at first, but then out of her sudden pride, she ignored it and stood up by herself.

“I-I’m really sorry, are you alright?” The girl before her asked with her brows meeting in the middle in a troubled manner. “I wasn’t looking in my way, I’m sorry.” She apologized again, bowing down this time.

“A-Ah, no, no, it’s alright. I wasn’t looking at the way myself.” For some reason, all of Rie’s pride and anger faded into thin air as soon as she saw how sincere the other girl was in apologizing. She smiled a little before gesturing the girl to stand straight.  And then it finally hit her, “My phone…” she looked around for awhile, a little bit worried that someone might have taken it away while she was busy trying to stand up earlier.

Thankfully, it was still there, on the ground.

Sadly, it was now broken into two.

“My phone! What- How…?” Rie couldn’t help but wonder how her phone was broken into two. It only fell down, didn’t it?

Noticing how Rie was quizzically staring at her now broken phone, the girl in green coughed awkwardly, “Um… About the… Phone….” Rie turned to her immediately, startling her a little. “I… I accidentally stepped on it.” She hurriedly clasped her hands together, slightly bowing down once again, “I’m sorry! Please forgive me! I’ll but you a new one right now! You’ll have to come with me so you can choose a unit though… which means that I’ll trouble you for awhile…”

Once again, instead of feeling angry at the girl, Rie felt sorry for her instead. Honestly, the way the girl furrowed her brows down and leaved her lips slightly open made her look like a lost puppy. Why she was looking at the girl’s lips in the first place, nobody knows. Not even her. “It’s alright. I think Oya has a spare phone with her…” Her friend’s pocket was like Doraemon’s, to be honest. Tell her you’re missing something, and after a few seconds, she’ll hand it to you! Quite convenient, yes… Except for the fact that it was completely useless when it comes to foods.

“No, no. I insist! My Mother told me once that if you’ve broken someone else’s belonging, then you have to repay it personally. So I will. And I’m not taking no as an answer.” Rie jumped up a little when the girl grabbed her hand, but the girl seemed to have ignored it as she began to walk forward, dragging her along. “I know a good store not far from here, so let’s go there instead.”

--

After possibly an hour of ‘this’ and ‘thats’, Rie and the girl had finally bought a phone in exchange of Rie’s broken one. The girl even went as far as buying a strap for it as well. Even though Rie kept on insisting that she didn’t have to.

Well at least it’s free, Rie thought innocently.

“I’m really sorry for everything…” The girl apologized for the nth time, which Rie oddly got used to already.

“Like I said, it’s alright. You already bought me a new phone. And a strap at that.”

“Still, I took some of your time as w-”

A stomach’s growl filled in.

“-ell…” The girl blinked repeatedly, her hand automatically resting itself in her own stomach. Okay, that wasn’t her. She shifted her eyes to Rie, only to see her shifting her eyes away.

“Sorry… I forgot I didn’t eat Breakfast and Lunch yet…”

“Eh… Were you on your way to go eat when I bumped into you?” The girl facepalmed hardly with a sigh, “I’m really sorry. I didn’t know… Umm…” She looked around hurriedly, ignoring Rie’s yet again puzzled look on her face, “Oh right! I know a great café here that serves good foods! It’s cheap at that. My treat as an apology for taking your time.”

Wasn’t the strap for that…? Rie was about to voice out that thought, but a song stopped her from doing so.

I want you~ I need you~ I love you~ atama no na-

“Sorry, it’s mine.” The girl muttered as she pulled out her phone and hurriedly answered it while slightly walking away from Rie, her back turned on the still puzzled girl.

Even though she could have left if she wanted to, Rie stood there with a blank look on her face, her eyes locked on the short haired girl answering her phone call. She took this chance to observe the girl’s appearance.

The girl was wearing short shorts for her lower, along with perfectly white knee socks and red shoes. She also had a backpack with her, which hung loosely on her back; she had a black T-Shirt on, with the words “Chicken Shit” below it. Rie wondered if the girl understood what it meant or not for a second, but as usual, decided to brush the thought off since it was none of her business.

Finally placing her phone back in her pocket again, the girl walked back to Rie. Once again, she had that troubled look on her face, “Umm... Even though I said that I’d treat you as an apology…”

“Hm?”

“I’m really sorry!” Rie felt like face palming after hearing those words again, “My friend just called. She said she needed my help on something; apparently it can’t wait so I have to go there immediately… I’m really sorry!” Suddenly grabbing the phone in Rie’s hands, the girl started typing down on it, handing it to her after awhile, “Here, I placed my email and number there. Text or call me when you’re free, alright? I really have to go now, I’m really sorry!” Bowing down once again, the girl turned on her heels and ran away, leaving behind a once again puzzled KitaRie.

After watching the girl’s figure disappear when she turned into a corner, Rie shifted her eyes down on the phone in her hand, flipping it open as she checked the contact list. “Sashihara Rino…” she read her name out loud before finally noticing something she had forgotten for a long time now.

“Ah crap! The One Piece manga!”
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:21:48 PM by itadakimasu »

Offline Nyanoha

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm excited to read what will happen next! :heart: :heart:

Update soon~
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.

http://asteon.tumblr.com/

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yay! Sasshi and Kitarie!

Offline kaizoku_gal

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ヽ(´・ω・`)ノ
YES! RinoRie!  :heart: LOL evil friends.  Poor Rie :lol:
This is a nice change after that sad YuiRie you posted.  :cry:

You can name this fic anything , I'd still read it anyway.  :lol:

Follow me on tumblr!  http://haaatochun.tumblr.com/

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
ja sasshi :D

Offline aruka

• (Mostly) a silent force?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Alright! A RinoRie fic! :thumbsup

Her most awesome buddies are indeed awesome for having her meet with that someone. Thank you, buddies! :D

Please take this as my apology for breaking RinoRie on my post before this. m ( _  _ ) m
Taken.. :D

Now I'm definitely waiting for next part!
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
INTERESTING~!!

Offline itadakimasu

• The Happy Retard.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Short Shots Collection: [[Currently still untitled~]] Part 2 (RinoRie) 01/03
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
I don't even know myself... xD

Part 2

While sitting down by the Kitchen’s counter, Oya couldn’t help but stare at her friend in worry. She’s been peeling the cabbage’s leaves for a long while now, and Oya was sure that she already peeled enough leaves needed for whatever she was planning to cook. Two plates were already filled with it, for crying out loud! And she wasn’t even done yet!

Finally unable to observe in silence any longer, Oya decided to break the silence within the kitchen, “KitaRie, you know… If you’re planning to make some vegetable salad, aside from Yui, no one’s going to eat that many cabbages…”

It seemed like talking was a success as Rie responded with a small jump and her hands halting half-way from peeling yet another poor leaf. She shifted her head to the cabbage-filled plates soon after. “Ah. Sorry, I spaced out, didn’t I?” She spoke after a short pause as she decided to spare the cabbage in her hand and tossed it back inside the fridge. She turned to the plates again, this time, her eyes widened. “I’ve peeled this much already?!”

“You just noticed?!” Oya was close so to slapping her own forehead, she really was, “You know if you’re still bothered about that other-Hara girl on your contact list, then why don’t you give it a try? Send her a mail or something. It’s better than just spacing out and thinking about it the whole day.”

Rie simply grunted as a reply.

She couldn’t really say ‘I’m not thinking about it!’ to Oya. She knew that the girl understood her best out of the other girls inside the house, which also meant that lying to her was useless. Sometimes, Rie hated how sharp Oya was.

“Kitahara-san should go and ask her out for lunch today.” Yui, who had just entered the Kitchen after a few minutes of eavesdropping, jumped in the conversation, her usual goofy yet lax smile visible on her face. “She did promise to treat you in that café she suggested, didn’t she? Why not use that as an excuse?”

Rie was starting to regret telling her friends what happened while she was away and why her phone was new. But they were just too nosy for her to resist! They wouldn’t stop asking her ‘Will you tell us now?’ ever since they saw the small gadget in her hand, so she eventually gave in and told them. And now they wouldn’t stop bugging her about it.

“Are you expecting me to just randomly send her a mail saying ‘Let’s eat lunch together!’ just like that? I’m not even that interested in eating in that café she suggested to begin with. It’s just a café with cheap foods.” Fully ignoring the cabbages she was preparing, Rie pulled out her phone and checked the new contact in the list. “I might as well delete this to make you all sto-”

Oya hurriedly grabbed the phone from Rie’s hand and began typing down on its keypad, cutting the girl from what she was about to say and leaving her there in shock. “And done!” she exclaimed as she pressed one last button on the phone, showing the screen to Rie soon after.

Mail sent

It took her awhile to finally take in what the message on the screen meant, but when it finally hit her, it was already too late. “Shiicha- Wha- Why would you do that?! What did you say?! You’re not making me look like a total idiot now, are you!?” she literally snapped, her hand reaching for the phone which was teasingly held up in the air away from her.

“Relax, relax! I only asked if she was free and if it was fine if you two would hang out in the afternoon.” Oya grinned playfully before placing her free hand on Rie’s forehead, pushing her away while the other girl continued on flailing her arms around. “It would be a waste if we don’t use Yui’s suggestion, ne~?” She shifted her head to Yui, slightly tilting her head in an innocent manner while Yui responded with a nod and a “Ne~?”

“Seriously you guys… Please stop shoving things on me.” Rie sighed in defeat. She dropped her hands back to her side soon after, now convinced that it was no use trying to steal her phone back from her tall friend

“Oh you’re just saying that now. I’m sure that soon, you’ll thank us for this.” Oya still had her grin on while the other two girls inside the kitchen were now staring at her in puzzlement. She shook her head disappointingly afterward with a sigh leaving her lips. “Come on you two, it’s weird, isn’t it?” It only made the two even more puzzled that they already were, “Alright, here’s the thing… This other-hara girl bumped and stepped on KitaRie’s phone by ‘accident’, right? So she normally bought her a new phone as an apology. We understand that. But what about the strap? And then she invites her to a café!? SHE LIKES YOU RI- Ah, the phone’s vibrating.”

Both Rie and Yui facepalmed in unison. Honestly, their friend’s short attention span never failed to amuse them. They both soon moved on each sides of Oya after noticing her gesture to them to come closer, immediately locking their eyes on the phone’s screen as soon as she showed it to them.

Subject: RE: Are you free?

Eh? Today?

Sure! I’m free for the whole day! \(^ ^)/

I was in the middle of dying from boredom as well, you’re a life saver!  (^∇^) /

This afternoon, right? Let’s meet in the place where we bumped into each other!

--end—

“Well, it seems like you have no other choice but to go there now KitaRie. I mean, you’re not going to leave her there in Akihabara waiting for nothing, right?” Oya shut the phone close and handed it to the shorter girl with her usual mischievous smile on, “You can go ahead and change, leave the cooking and cleaning to Yui and I.”  she flashed a thumbs up before pushing the poor girl out of the kitchen, ordering her not to go back until she was done with her ‘date’.

Though somewhat annoyed for being pushed around and most of all, forced into meeting someone whom she just met, Rie gave in without saying any more complaints. She was thankful that the girl bought her a new phone, after all- even though it was her fault to begin with.

“I’ll get going then…?” Rie peeked into the Kitchen as soon as she had finished changing into something much suitable for outdoors. Seeing her three friends helping together just to make an edible food, Rie couldn’t help but smile, though it immediately faded away as soon as she noticed Komorin’s messy hair.

“Alright, take care, Kitahara-san.” It was Yui who responded first before the other two gave a nod and a lazy goodbye wave.

Nodding her head, Rie finally excused herself towards the front door, “I’ll buy something for dinner, so you don’t have to cook, alright?” she yelled to the trio before slipping in her boots and walking out of the house.

--

Rie couldn’t help but slap her hand on her forehead for the nth time of the day as she leaned her back on a lamppost not far from where her ‘meeting spot’ with the Sashihara girl was, her arms crossed across her chest while her feet continuously tapped itself on the ground impatiently.

Apparently, she came there earlier that the expected time they would meet up. Just for thirty minutes.

Or at least it was supposed to be.

“Could it be… She stood me up?” Rie sighed bitterly at the thought as she looked at the time in her phone. An hour has passed already ever since their assigned meeting time, and still, there were no hints of the girl anywhere. “I knew I shouldn’t have agreed to this… Meeting up with a stranger, really…” she sighed once again, with her head dropping down in disappointment at the same time.

Truth be told, Rie’s negativeness was starting to rise up as the seconds passes by. This was actually the reason why she would usually refuse meet-ups and hang-outs with other people (other than her friends, that is)- she was afraid of being stood up- she was afraid of looking like an idiot there, standing and waiting for nothing.

Even though she has been avoiding it for a long time now, the moment still came to her it seems.

“HEEEEEEEEEEEY!”

Hearing the familiar voice, Rie immediately turned her head up again, turning it to the side in search for the girl. A girl with a red beret waved her hand up from the other side of the road, immediately catching Rie’s attention. Rie responded by raising her hand up In the air as well- though unlike the other girl’s, she only lifted it up half-way, feeling somewhat embarrassed about waving in the public.

The girl’s already big grin grew even wider as soon as she noticed Rie respond on her wave, hurriedly crossing the street without even looking around to see if there were cars around. Thankfully, vehicles were rare in Akihabara. “Sorry, did I make you wait?” She half-yelled as she made her way to Rie, only stopping when she had reached a few feet away from the girl.

“Don’t mind it.” Rie shook her hand dismissively. Even though she was kind of irritated about it awhile ago, she decided to brush it off. It was her own fault for going there early after all. “So, what should we do first?” finally moving her back away from the lamppost, Rie smiled a little as she watched the girl pant from all of her running.

“Eh… Um… Well…” The girl took a deep breath in, finally halting herself from panting even more. She suddenly held her hand out to Rie soon after. “Before anything else, introductions… We never introduced ourselves to each other properly, did we?” for some reason, the girl looked troubled to Rie with her brows furrowed to the middle, “My name is Sashihara Rino, my last name is long, so feel free to call me by my nickname if you want, it’s Sasshi. Or if you prefer calling me by my first name, that’s fine too.”

Rie stared at her hand for awhile before reluctantly taking it, giving it a light shake when their hands locked together, “It’s fine, my name is somewhat long too. I’m Kitahara Rie by the way, though my friends call me Kitarie.”

“I see… So it’s Kitahara-san.”

“Mm, it’s a pleasure to finally know your name, Sashihara-san.”

“Like…wise…”

They both laughed awkwardly at the same time, their eyes shifting to the side at the same time as awkwardness began to fill in between them. There they were, introducing each other with their nicknames included, and yet, still ended up calling each other by their last names. Once again, Rie facepalmed inwardly… Little did she know that Sashihara actually did the same thing at, once again, the same time.

After what seemed to be forever, Rie finally decided to break the ice, “B-By the way, why were you late…?”

Silence…

Great, what a way to make things worst. If only they weren’t in the public, Rie swore that she would have literally high-fived her face by now. “You don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to.” She hurriedly added before the awkward atmosphere would get even heavier that it already was.

“Ah, no, it’s fine.” Sashihara sheepishly smiled while scratching the back of her had. She slowly shifted her eyes to the side afterward, “It’s just that… It took me forever to find my wallet from the piles of junk in my apartment.”

Kitahara Rie’s ears slightly twitched at what she just heard, “Could you repeat that?”

“No- Well- I live alone, so the apartment I live in is normally messy. It took me some time to find my wallet because of that”

It seems like they didn’t have to think of what to do now.

Looking up at Rie, Sashihara couldn’t help but wonder what the girl was up to. She was currently standing there in silence, fingers cupping her chin and eyes locked down on the ground. “Um… Kitahara-sa—”

“-If you don’t mind, can I go to your apartment and clean it?”

Though slightly taken aback from the sudden question, Sashihara tried to keep herself calm, her brows falling down in a puzzled manner as her jaw slightly dropped down. Her lips were forming a small ‘o’ at that, “Right… now..?”

“Right now.” For some odd reason, Rie had one of those determined look in her eyes, somehow scaring Sashihara a little.

Why would a stranger want to clean someone else’s house anyway? Well, maybe they’re not that much of strangers to each other anymore, but why clean the house of a person you just met? “I don’t get it.” Sashihara voiced out with her brows still deeply furrowed down. “Wait, wait, so you want to come to my house… Just to clean my mess?”

Rie lifted a brow up and simply nodded her head as though it was the most common thing in the world.

“I really don’t get it… Why would you want to clean it? I mean… Going all the way to my apartment just to clean… Eh?” As expected nothing seemed to make sense to her anymore. Sashihara took her red beret off of her head, scratching the top of her head as she tried to process whatever situation she currently is in right now.

“Eh? Isn’t that normal though? Wanting to clean a messy place, I mean…”

“If it’s your own mess, then maybe, but someone else’s…? Most of all, someone who you just met…? How can I be sure that you won’t do anything funny when you go to my apartment? You’re not planning to kill me, are you?” Sashihara narrowed her eyes at Rie suspiciously, only to have her head chopped lightly by the said girl. “Ow! Eh?!”

“We’re both girls, so there’s no way I’d do anything ‘funny’ on you! And most of all, why would I want to kill you?” Rie felt slightly offended at being accused strongly. She was offering to clean the girl’s apartment, and yet, this is what she gets?

“Well I guess you’re right…”

“Of course I’m right.”

A sigh of defeat left Sashihara’s lips. Even though she’d never taken anyone, not even her own parents, in her own apartment yet … “Alright. Let’s go there, then…? I guess it’s better than just standing here and arguing.”

Rie gave off a victorious smile in response. “Exactly.”

Sashihara sighed again,

How did this end up like this…? she thought as she turned around and reluctantly walked off towards her apartment’s direction.

I feel like turning this into one of those long-assed stories... xD But then again, I already have lots of fics on-going.

Should I?

or Should I not?

xDD

btw, I didn't re-read again, so if there are grammatical errors, please forgive me. >_<

I'm just a poor 'loli' with slow english!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Nothing Lasts Forever