JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gain - Carrie (The First Day)

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 671630 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
WTF NEW WU ALBUM!?

That is like came outta nowhere type of HANGRY & ANGRY new unit type blow to the fucking Ricky Hatton type shit.

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #803 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »
PROPS!! Been listening to BO2 and shit is way different

Prolly like 1 or 2 Erick Sermon/RZA produced tracks the rest be underground/latest sounds.

And this ain't some silly sitcom shit. They are mad fuckin spitting venom. I'm a cop Blackout 2  when it drops May 19!! to support em! Love how they spliced soundbites from fans from their Still High Tour!

Check out this fan made video:

Method Man & Redman "Dis Iz 4 My Smokers" Fan Video - BLACKOUT2 In Stores May 19th
http://www.defjam.com/site/news.php?news_id=107877

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #804 on: May 19, 2009, 05:52:09 PM »
Raekwon Talks “Cuban Linx II,” Return of the Wu-Tang Clan

“I’m a lyrical cat, man. I’ll tell the fans right now: If you’re not really looking for lyrics or strong content and music, I might not be the goon for you, but I’m going back to my essence,” Wu-Tang Clan’s Raekwon tells Rolling Stone of his upcoming album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II, the sequel to his 1995 rap masterpiece, which comes out August 11th. Rae says work began on the LP two years ago, when he went on the prowl for quality beats. “I was hunting for good production and we came out real good with a variety of strong music that really is gonna be a classic album I’ve been listening to a lot of other people’s albums, and when I tell you that my album is so left field, it’s gonna be lovely,” gloats Raekwon. “The more that I think about it and I listen to other people’s stuff, not trying to pay judgment on other people’s shit but, at the end of the day, my shit is killing motherfucking shit.”

As evidenced by his steady stream of recent mixtape gems and OB4CLII’s first single “New Wu,” which features Clan members Ghostface Killah and Method Man, Raekwon is bringing back the classic Wu sound. “I didn’t want to have one of these radio-friendly songs with the perfect hooks, my thing is that I just wanted to capture the element of real hip-hop again, like we did when we first started back in ‘93, and keep that legacy alive,” Raekwon Da Chef says. “Every time you think of a Wu song or sound that we always come with, and that was my main focus with this album, to show everyone we make timeless music.”

Even though the original Cuban Linx was produced exclusively by Wu’s in-house production genius the RZA, Rae wanted to spread the production around this time, recruiting an all-star team of producers like Marley Marl, DJ Scratch, the late J Dilla, Erick Sermon and, most notably, Dr. Dre. “Busta Rhymes was on Dre’s label Aftermath, me and Busta are good friends, and I said, ‘I need to get Dre on this album.’ And he made it happen,” Rae says, adding that he and Dre were mutual fans of each other’s work. “It was history after that. He came in with something classical.” As for that track’s title, Raekwon says, “I gotta keep a couple things under my coat.” Don’t worry Wu fans: RZA still executive produces the album and contributes some beats. “I started out a soldier, now I’m a general. At the end of the day, RZA’s input was definitely there, but I wanted to spread this out, I didn’t want to put it on one man’s back.”

Of course, you can’t make a sequel to Cuban Linx without the help of the Wu, and Raekwon promises, “Everybody you know from the Clan is gonna be on there. It wouldn’t be right if you don’t have the Wu family on there at the volume that they have to be on there, so always the first thing is to make sure the family is placed in the proper order on there,” Rae says. As for when we might see the Wu-Tang Clan together after their 2007 album 8 Diagrams, Rae tells us, “Everybody’s doing different things right now — you got Meth [Method Man] coming out with an album, you got Ghostface coming out with an album [Ed. note: !!!], some guys working on their projects, some guys getting into the film world, everybody is multi-tasking right now. But you’ll be seeing with the Clan soon… I can’t really throw it out there yet, but it’ll be coming real soon. Get ready.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/14/raekwon-talks-cuban-linx-ii-return-of-the-wu-tang-clan/

Another Raekwon interview:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.1344/title.raekwon-stakes-is-high/p.1

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #805 on: May 20, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
IRON FLAG TYPE-READY?!?! *shudders at Flavor Flav guest spot*

Don't rush it Wu. And stop trying to re-create Old Wu. Can't be done! FUCK!! Just show them wack MC's and their fucking auto tune what REAL MCing is all about.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #806 on: May 20, 2009, 05:03:16 AM »
sad thing is I don't have Iron Flag :(

however, I picked up a live CD of them last week with all of the members(including ODB) when they did a concert in LA a few years back

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #807 on: May 22, 2009, 09:42:54 AM »
Raekwon - Staten Go Hard Vol.1 (mixtape)

01 Intro
02.Staten (We Go hard)
03 Trenchmen (produced by BT)
04 Pop champagne freestyle
05 Criminology 09 (produced by BT)
06 Yessir ft. Crooked I & Ghostface Killah
07 Wu Ooh
08 Stick up Muzik
09 Blood Missiles ft. AZ (produced by Bluerocks)
10 History
11 Very Well skit
12 White Lines
13 State Shoutout
14 Superfly Skit
15 Real Talk (produced by Breakfast club) (Exclusive)
16 Once in a Lifetime ft. Mika (produced by Breakfast Club)
17 Resolution (produced by Breakfast Club) (Exclusive)
18 Watch How U Talk 2 Me
19 Spook That Sat By The Door (Exclusive)
20 Rae’s letter to B.I.G
21 Where’s the Money skit
22 Flawless produced by BT (Exclusive)
23 The Setup (produced by BT) (Exclusive)
24 Attention skit
25 Heat Rocks (produced by BT)
26 Rotate freestyle
27 Renaissance Rap
28 Get It In freestyle
29 Guerilla Rap (produced by Breakfast Club) (Exclusive)
30 Realer ft. Maino
31 Give It To Me Remix ft. Raekwon & Busta Rhymes
32 Words From The Chef (Outro)
DOWNLOAD

Jay-Z Leaves Def Jam

Jay is happy to be 'a completely independent artist' after buying out his contract.

Now maybe we can get that Blueprint 3 album. Jay-Z has officially parted ways with his home for more than a decade, Def Jam. On Thursday morning (May 21), Hits Daily Double reported in its Rumor Mill section that Hov — who owed Def Jam one last album — bought himself out of his contract for $5 million. On Thursday afternoon, Jay contacted RapRadar.com and confirmed his departure.

"I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and L.A. Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience, and I respect them immensely," Hov told the Web site. "I've been in the family for almost my entire career. Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique 'negotiations' ever." Jay said that negotiation included a coin toss. "Doug won the toss, but we both won in the end," Jay said. "I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music."

Jay started his own record company, Roc Nation, and has been working on the Blueprint 3 with Kanye West since 2008. In February, Jay joked that he was too free in making his latest opus. "If I don't have any time constraints, I'll mess around, I'll never get it done," he said. "I'll be Axl Rose out here! It'll be 12 years later, and we'll be talking about Chinese Democracy. I really like the [time constraints]. But whatever happens, [the album] may turn out better, 'cause it'll be done when it's right."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1611958/20090521/jay_z.jhtml

however, I picked up a live CD of them last week with all of the members(including ODB) when they did a concert in LA a few years back
You should cop the DVD, it's way better than the CD version :yep:

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: May 29, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »
2pac - Baby Don't Cry (Ayur Blend)

i thought this was tight.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #809 on: May 30, 2009, 12:53:18 AM »
Anyone going to the rock the bells tour?? im going on august 1st when they coming to vancouver. Nas, Damien Marley and Common will be there!!!!

http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #810 on: May 30, 2009, 02:10:33 AM »
^ i'm thinking about it, but i doubt i'll have the money then. The line up is pretty dope. The ones I really wanna see are Common, Slum Village, Reflection Eternal, & Nas.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: May 30, 2009, 04:39:54 AM »
dang, another sick lineup again.  Who don't i wanna see? =)

Last year i heard in the t.o. perf, Rakim got frustrated with the sound guys, said fuck you, and walked off the stage =P

---

Travis loves the hiphop =)  He needs to release a mixtape or something =D
Eminem - 3AM (Travis Barker Remix)

-----

Hahaha, Kno, too funny.  "The CunninLynguists producer makes fun of Kanye’s “Amazing” for the NBA."
Caucasian
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:48:48 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #812 on: May 31, 2009, 10:51:08 PM »
J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid

01   00:56   KJay FM Dedication
02   01:28   King
03   02:49   I Told Y'all
04   01:21   Lazer Gunne Funke
05   02:00   In The Night/While You Slept (I Crept)
06   02:09   Smoke (feat. Blu)
07   02:58   Blood Sport (feat. Lil' Fame Of M.O.P.)
08   02:01   CaDILLAc
09   01:25   Expensive Whip
10   00:56   Kaklow (Jump On It)
11   00:54   Digi Dirt (feat. Phat Kat)
12   02:24   Dilla Bot Vs. The Hybrid (feat. Danny Brown)
13   01:27   Milk Money
14   02:38   Spacecowboy Vs. Bobble Head
15   02:40   Reality TV (feat. Black Thought)
16   01:26   On Stilts
17   01:31   Fire Wood Drumstix (feat. Doom)
18   03:02   Glamour Sho75 (09)
19   01:42   10,000 Watts
20   01:53   9th Caller
21   05:01   Make It Fast (Unadulterated Mix)
                              (feat. Diz Gibran)
22   04:22   24K Rap (feat. Havoc Of Mobb Depp & Raekwon)
23   01:02   Big City
24   01:25   Pay Day (feat. Frank Nitty Of Frank N' Dank)
25   03:44   See That Boy Fly (feat. Illa J & Cue D)
26   01:13   Coming Back
27   01:44   Mythsysizer
28   01:58   KJay & We Out

http://www.twitter.com/?d=8TMYEQAP
word.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #813 on: June 03, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
^Reality TV is dope!

Seattle Represent! You people should be able to recognize at least one dude in this video (Cuz shit, I have an idea of who rhyming, but I still suck at it lol)

Jake One - Home feat. Vitamin D, Note, Maneak B and Ish

Blacksmith TV Episode 6! Damn, Jean Grae is all kinds of crazy, but she spits hot fire
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:04 AM »
Kanye feat. GLC and Consequence - Spaceship

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/x8dGUdtNsaTzEM7H

dope video. dunno why they didn't release it back in 2004.
word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #815 on: June 03, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »
The 69 Most Pause-Worthy Lyrics In Hip-Hop History:
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/06/01/the-69-most-pause-worthy-lyrics-in-hip-hop-history/

:lol:

(no homo)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #816 on: June 04, 2009, 02:29:08 AM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:51:03 AM by thatonezombie »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #817 on: June 04, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »
Mighty Mos is back like cooked crack! :twothumbs

Mos Def  - The Ecstatic (2009/06/09)

Tracklist
01. Supermagic 2:32
02. Twilite Speedball 3:02
03. Auditiorium Ft. Slick Rick 4:34
04. Wahid 1:39
05. Priority 1:22
06. Quiet Dog Bite Hard 2:57
07. Life In Marvelous Times 3:41
08. The Embassy 2:45
09. No Hay Nada Mas 1:42
10. Pistola 3:03
11. Pretty Danger 3:31
12. Workers Comp. 2:02
13. Revelations 2:03
14. Roses Ft. Georgia Anne Muldrow 3:41
15. History Ft. Talib Kweli 2:21
16. Casa Bey 4:32
Megaupload | Sharebee
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:56:09 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #819 on: June 04, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »

Brand new record off the upcoming Wu-Tang: Chamber Music album, dropping June 30th. The album will be pairing Wu-Tang members with classic 90’s-era New York emcees w/ music performed by Brooklyn-based soul band The Revelations.

Ghostface, Inspectah Deck & AZ - Harbor Masters
http://sharebee.com/7b3e90bb

More info about Chamber Music:
alright so... Andrew Kelley (www.myspace.com/drewkelley) is helping to A&R and produce this next wu-tang album. They find ILL samples, get the band "The Revelations" to reproduce the samples in the studio, than they chop that shit up and make a beat out of it. I include this to acknowledge the Revelations involvement in the album, by the time the producers are finished with the beats, they do not have a 'Live' sound. Another engineer comes in and runs some filters and what not to give it that "early wu" sound. all the features on the album are people from that era of hip-hop, the team behind the project are keeping the entire album true to the sound of the original wu albums, and the original solo albums. RZA is exec producing, and will have final say. Members drop by the studio and drop their verses. so far ghost, az, cormega, deck, rza, and rae have dropped verses for the album. it was Rza's idea to make this album, for the fans who want an album that could easily have come out in the 90s... a throwback record, with all street songs on it, with just wu-tang and ill artists from that period in time. and in no way is this a 'compilation' album. its a wu album with good features.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:37:59 PM by Masa »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gain - Carrie (The First Day)