JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Between the Lips (50cm)

Author Topic: The Worst Music You'll Hear  (Read 18704 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Worst Music You'll Hear
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:47:49 PM »
Reading up on people's favourite music here's got me thinking just what is your worst? I'll admit I was inspired to make this topic after listening to some truly shockingly awful songs lately. Plus I figure it would be fun to share, whether or not you agree or disagree and maybe open your eyes. You think your choices are bad...

I'll start off my saying that some of the worst music out there is.....pretty much the popular music industry as it stands right now. I realise that's a massive generalisation but it's true for me. I turn on Radio 1 and I hear some really unimaginative garbage that makes me want to saw my ears off. For example, failed X-Factor contestant Cher Lloyd is kick starting her music career with a song called 'Swagger Jagger'. It's fucking awful but surprise, it looks like it's going to be No.1. I weep for humanity.

Or how about Duck Sauce? Perhaps the worst band name of all time coincidentally also makes some of the worst, repetitive, unimaginative songs available:

Voted Worst Metal Band of 2011 by Metal Hammer, Design The Skyline only goes to prove it with their autotune/synth/death metal.......thing, they call a single.

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
Re: The Worst Music You'll Hear
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
The worst song I have ever heard is ''Stop being a Dickhead'' by Kate Nash.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
^ Song's actually kinda nice, mellow and a bit funky. But that goes into my little rant here:

I'll start off my saying that some of the worst music out there is.....pretty much the popular music industry as it stands right now.
Welcome to adulthood! :lol: I swear, this is something I've always heard people say about popular music for as far back as I can remember. Even I copped that attitude for a while back in the late '90s/early '00s with all the boybands and light rock pop groups of the time (many of whom I still can't stand). Then I realized "current" stuff will always seem inferior because you're constantly being blitzed by it now while we only remember the good stuff of yesteryear due to the crap of the past either being usually forgotten quickly or not bombarding us constantly anymore. I can totally picture today's "trash" being remembered fondly ten years from now once nostalgia kicks in.

Whenever a topic like this comes up anywhere I always fear it quickly devolving into a circlejerk over whatever act or trend happens to be hot right now or whatever artist/genre/style someone just happens to really not like--I can think of several widely-hated acts that I actually consider quite decent (or at least not completely horrible) and deserving of some praise, and conversely there are certain acts that I can picture getting praise around these parts but I personally can't stand at all. But I suppose that's just the subjective nature of music.

So I'll do my part in staving that off by focusing on obvious choices such as this:

And to balance things out, something from a long time ago:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »
Oh man, Design the Skyline...  :rofl:

Let's get freaky now.

Offline Sydekyck

• Sooyoung's man
  • Shaolin S♥NE
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:50 AM »

I don't know how I managed to get through the whole song without killing myself, but I did.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 03:14:57 AM »
This may not be the worst, in fact it sort of has kitsch value, but still................enjoy   

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
^ Song's actually kinda nice, mellow and a bit funky. But that goes into my little rant here:

I'll start off my saying that some of the worst music out there is.....pretty much the popular music industry as it stands right now.
Welcome to adulthood! :lol: I swear, this is something I've always heard people say about popular music for as far back as I can remember. Even I copped that attitude for a while back in the late '90s/early '00s with all the boybands and light rock pop groups of the time (many of whom I still can't stand). Then I realized "current" stuff will always seem inferior because you're constantly being blitzed by it now while we only remember the good stuff of yesteryear due to the crap of the past either being usually forgotten quickly or not bombarding us constantly anymore. I can totally picture today's "trash" being remembered fondly ten years from now once nostalgia kicks in.

Whenever a topic like this comes up anywhere I always fear it quickly devolving into a circlejerk over whatever act or trend happens to be hot right now or whatever artist/genre/style someone just happens to really not like--I can think of several widely-hated acts that I actually consider quite decent (or at least not completely horrible) and deserving of some praise, and conversely there are certain acts that I can picture getting praise around these parts but I personally can't stand at all. But I suppose that's just the subjective nature of music.

So I'll do my part in staving that off by focusing on obvious choices such as this:

Wasn't some of that single raising money for Japan though? I remember hearing something about it.

I think to me,I've always had taste. I liked Busted when they were around,I still like Busted. I'll admit I used to love Hear'say and the Allstars who I have now downgraded to only mild like  :lol:(the Allstars were on that Starstreet thing,that programme about the weird house) but I don't think I'm going to like Leona Lewis 10 years from now. I initially hated Alexandra Burke,especially after murdering Halleujah but then she stopped being a Leona Lewis clone and actually did something. SuBo I could see she had talent,I just found it so annoying how it was like everywhere!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »
Wow, here I was thinking I had blocked brokenCYDE out of my memory. Truly, utterly, awful music.

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:02:42 PM »
The Crazy Frog wasn't that bad. It wasn't offensive,which is more than I can say for most things.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »
Voted Worst Metal Band of 2011 by Metal Hammer, Design The Skyline only goes to prove it with their autotune/synth/death metal.......thing, they call a single.

WTF WAS THAT  :lol: :lol: I actually sorta liked the first minute or so... but dayum.  :lol:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
Not the worst music ever, but the way he tells the story is awesome.

( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
Talk about bipolar. There's examples of songs that switch from clean to screaming vocals in an interesting way that makes the song flow together. This is not one of them.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »
I can't think of much worse than brokeNCYDE, but I'll try.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »
The worst song I have ever heard is ''Stop being a Dickhead'' by Kate Nash.

On that note, have you heard her newest song? Truly awful stuff. I guess musically shooting yourself in the face is one way of reinventing yourself

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
Miley Cyrus

Offline capsulefan

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

That's because all American music from about 97 forward is horrible with some exceptions.  I think that's why a lot of us listen to asian music.  In the 70s and 80s, there was actually a lot of quality music, but the music has deteriorated as has American culture in general since then.  Now is the time for Asian culture to come to the forefront in my opinion.  I tell everyone I can about Japanese music.  I think that a lot of people just don't know any better and don't have anything else to listen to other than trash like "Moves Like Jagger" or "Stronger", two of the worst songs in the history of mankind. 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vf43LCtGrj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's not forget this piece of trash music...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2f7IF2eijfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:49:23 AM by capsulefan »
JpnImg.com - lots of Japanese beauty, ad-free for your enjoyment

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 01:50:18 AM »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »
That's because all American music from about 97 forward is horrible with some exceptions.  I think that's why a lot of us listen to asian music.  In the 70s and 80s, there was actually a lot of quality music, but the music has deteriorated as has American culture in general since then.  Now is the time for Asian culture to come to the forefront in my opinion.  I tell everyone I can about Japanese music.  I think that a lot of people just don't know any better and don't have anything else to listen to other than trash like "Moves Like Jagger" or "Stronger", two of the worst songs in the history of mankind. 

And this is exactly the kind of shitty attitude I was talking about regarding how ridiculous this topic is. A lot of great music I discovered over the years were actually made after '97 by American artists, including some of my favorite albums of all time (and GASP some of them are mainstream acts signed to major labels), and to simply dismiss everything so simply like this is beyond ignorant and full of hypernostalgic wankery. I can just as easily counter with the opposite argument, especially since a lot of stuff made before the '90s doesn't interest me much and Asians are just as susceptible as westerners to toss some stinkers out there (I can even argue a sense of hypocrisy considering how "American" a lot of Asian music sounds to me--similar formulas, different language).

If you honestly believe American music and culture is deteriorating, it's because your ability to pay attention has deteriorated, focusing only on what you hate (which I know is the point of this thread but come on now) or finding any excuse to blow off anything that just happened to be made/done after some random arbitrary date. The very definition of selection/confirmation bias and lazy "thinking".
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »
You're overthinking it mate. Just post the music you don't like.

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »
Finnish pop singer Anna Abreu

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Between the Lips (50cm)