JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Pool

Author Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Policy on Sharing of Hello! Project Files.  (Read 138232 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Policy on Sharing of Hello! Project Files.
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:15:06 AM »
We at :hipheart: have always been about POSITIVE PIMPING but we want to make a full commitment to the success of Hello! Project through their sales and let it be known:

We do not share media files like albums, DVD rips, etc.

Please do not post them, they will be deleted immediately. If you post in the forum after this day, you have agreed to this rule.

SUPPORT UP FRONT and HELLO! PROJECT ARTISTS! Post your collections today: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=425.0

Direct any comments to daigong via PM and twitter @daigong

Thank you,

daigong  on behalf of The JPHiP Crack Staff

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Policy on Sharing of Hello! Project Files.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
Why this sudden rule, has RIAJ issued a ACTA cease and desist threat against jphip.com?
Also, does this include H!P torrenting as well?

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »
Why this sudden rule, has RIAJ issued a ACTA cease and desist threat against jphip.com?
Also, does this include H!P torrenting as well?

Just to make it official to make you buy more CDs and DVDs.

We haven't been torrenting in a long time, please get familiar.

Offline Tanuki

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 08:24:09 AM »
I agree 100%!!! We all know how hard our Idols work at making music for us. Show your support and love for your Idols! BUY the music! 

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
However due to media having gone digital, it's almost impossible to find shops selling physical CDs & DVDs
I mean, Japan is the only country IN THE WORLD where Tower Records still exists!
And the only CD/DVD shops in where I'm from don't sell H!P, the only non US media found here is kpop
(not even every country's itunes sell H!P songs)

Besides, because we don't live in Japan we need to order via online:
-they won't count towards oricon (e.g. itunes)
-including shipping costs, they are very expensive, my C-ute Campus Life single (physical CD+DVD+jewel case) costed US$23.50!
-shipping from Japan takes a long time to arrive

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:53:35 AM »
Is there a point anywhere in your post?
Don't answer that. I don't want to know.

Since we haven't been posting that kind of media willy-nilly for a while now, this isn't that different from before.
The only real difference I can think of is that we now have a policy for it if it does happen.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
Oops I replied in the locked topic.

Basically: Yay, this is good, we haven't been doing this for years anyway, might as well make it official.

MaxMcKay, cry moar :lol: I live in fucking Finland, do you think we have Jpop shops popping up every corner? It's no news to anyone here that when you're an overseas fan you have to pay more to get the same stuff.

I'm taking this opportunity to mention some places to do shopping:
CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ | http://www.amazon.co.jp | http://www.amazon.co.uk
Yesasia: http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html
Hello Store: http://www.hellostoreusa.com/
And there's eBay for stuff that is out of print or otherwise difficult to get.

My experiences:
Hello Store has hefty shipping costs abroad so what I recommend is finding buddies in your country and placing an order together, so you can split the shipping cost.
Yesasia is good about free shipping, so I prefer it for heavier things like PBs.
CDJapan is where I get small CD and DVD orders. However, my first order back in 2004 from there had something like 4-5 CDs and it got stuck at customs and I had to go pick it up from there and pay extra, so this is why I stick to small orders from there.
I haven't bought H!P goods via Amazon yet, so dunno about that.

If you want to be smart about spending, always compare prices at the different shops before placing an order and keep in mind how your country is about customs. Ours is a bitch.

I actually remember hearing years ago that purchases from at least some of the stores mentioned above do count in Oricon. If there is factual information about this, I'd like a source.

The best of course, is to keep saving patiently until it's time to get on that plane to Japan, to discover the official H!P shop and buy all the things. :drool:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »
oh huh a non-locked topic~

^ CDJapan has been advertising that their sales count at oricon http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/oricon.html for years but most other Japanese stores will do so as well except for Yesasia because it's located in Hong Kong (=isn't Japanase).
That being said you can also buy from hmv.co.jp as foreigner but only with credit card.

I have mixed feelings about a policy like this. Also depending on what "media files" means exactly.
But the last two~three years I've been struggling with every thing I uploaded, trying to figure out for myself whether I'll work against H!P (for me Berryz and Momochi the most cases) by helping other fans or not.
Personally my conclusion so far has always been that no sharing at all won't help the H!P fandom much either.
It might not really matter for jphip since sharing of especially CD and DVD releases didn't happen much for a long time now but we're also lacking active users in the H!P section for a similar length of time.
Certainly only sharing is not the solution either, I've sometimes been trying to attract people by sharing rare (even on 2ch) files but either nobody noticed them or they got put (from here) on other pages so nobody had a reason to visit us, but I wonder what else we can do.
I guess the artists wouldn't like it better but in my opinion sharing with delay is the best option. As someone who buys H!P merch I would prefer it when people who can't or don't want to buy stuff have to wait longer for new releases. At the moment, by the time I get my stuff, it's old news for all the people who downloaded things :lol: but it should be the other way around. That can also happen when people buy from itunes etc. but I can deal with that better :ph43r:

Anyway, it's just my rant on this subject. I can live with it either way in the end. I mostly already live in my own little momochi world where I directly share most thing only with people I know for years...online.

If you people manage to get the H!P section more lively with just high quality fangirling and fanboying in tama style or something else it'll be even better. Because in the end we'll need people who are interested enough to actually buy merch/goods and support the groups.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:21:28 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 12:34:03 AM »
I'll chime in, for people without prior experience with HMV:

They only ship by EMS, meaning you should receive your items 2-3 after shipment. You can read about shipping rates here: http://www.hmv.co.jp/help/006000008/
HMV often has multi-buy discounts, where when ordering 2-3+ CD/DVDs, you receive a rather sizable discount. In addition, they often offer items at a discounted rate to begin.

For a quick comparison, shipping to the USA, for: CDJ | HMV
  • 4 CDs from HMV (without any multi-buy discount): 7300Y, shipping via EMS
  • 4 CDs from CDJapan: 7500Y, shipping via SAL; 10,000Y shipping via their EMS

Ordering through HMV would be even cheaper if they had the multi-buy running. The lack of bonus points, like CDJ offers, is made up by the steep discounts.

Warning: ordering books will dramatically increase their shipping cost.

Offline Ishtar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (beautifuldeformity)
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
To be honest, I think it's a good measure to do something like this in order to support the respective artists, but (in my humble opinion) it's somewhat drastic.
Why? Well, I think downloads have a purpose besides piracy and not spending money: downloads are important to evaluate the product and actually be aware why are you buying it, because more than the fact it's something fans do as a proof of support, quality is important as well.

And, there are is material which is no longer available or is restricted to a certain public; I don't know, in general terms, I think that having LQ downloads would be better than no downloads at all (because you can listen or take a glimpse of said media).

But this it's just an opinion; also, what involves media at all? Discographies and DVD's? Or does involve pictures/PB's as well?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »
Hi Ishtar :heart: sure we welcome all opinions that's what this main thread and all over Twitter and Facebook, uncensored go and let it out is for.

We just want to make it clear that there will be no sharing of H!P files on JPHiP that you would normally see on trackers and websites: DVDs, CD singles and albums. This is just us owning it and moving forward to a bright new future at JPHiP's Hello! Project forums.

Tsunku and Friends have taken full advantage of social media and debut PVs on youtube and facebook. Tsunku tweeted the link of where the One•Two•Three/The Matenrou Show single's PV was gonna debut. What more can you ask for?

From my standpoint, we will never be the one to be "YOU MUST BUY ELSE YOU ARE NOT GOOD FAN" mentality. SO I own giant cut outs of Rika, does that make me a better fan than you? It is up to whether you have money or not. Whether you buy enough to fill the Grand Canyon or one CD in your lifetime, it is all the same - you treasure each item like it's your baby, the support you give them is the same passion as those who go to every concert to those who just go to one.

We all will benefit, trust me :hipheart:

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
And, there are is material which is no longer available or is restricted to a certain public; I don't know, in general terms, I think that having LQ downloads would be better than no downloads at all (because you can listen or take a glimpse of said media).
This. Of course we can get things elsewhere, but that doesn't seem like the best solution in the long run. At the moment there isn't really a change with this because really old or FC releases are something jphip had even less than recent cds and dvds. For the future we'll have to see.

We just want to make it clear that there will be no sharing of H!P files on JPHiP that you would normally see on trackers and websites: DVDs, CD singles and albums. This is just us owning it and moving forward to a bright new future at JPHiP's Hello! Project forums
At least or certainly we can show that we take the well-being of Hello! Project serious here putting some effort and thoughts into how to improve the relationship between fans and the idols. It's always a work in progress. We need them, they need us~
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline burglarnoone

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
So just to be clear here, Tv shows and guest appearances are still allowed? or any file with an H!P girl in it is verboten?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
^ Just keep as is, no need to stretch your brain :lol:

Yup, it's been years long process, the most important thing is to keep up the discussion and show your love at events like our friends in New Jersey. We always keep it real come strong and post much in the H!P Section to show your fandom.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
You should make it sticky here http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=138.0

and remove the forbidden files like http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=25152.0
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
^ In the latter link, you mean the only still working CD download in your own post which you could perfectly well remove yourself? :lol:

If there are remaining working links they will eventually be removed. If you see any, you can report the post or PM one of the mods, which will be more efficient than posting them in this thread. :)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Pool