JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - STAY

Author Topic: A much needed update  (Read 23087 times)

Offline tron

• ecchi
  • Member+
A much needed update
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
  :wigglypanda:

Yaay it's back, and up to date finally.
Sorry about the downtime, the forum was getting hammered by Chinese spam bots which were making accounts for themselves. Infact they were making 1000 new accounts on here per day. They were just never actually logging in with them because we had modified our forum to require full email address to login. Which you should no longer need to do.

Anyway a lot of maintenance had to be done to get it back up and running so that's why it was down for so long.
We're also on a new server so it should be a lot faster although we're still moving things across so the forum is the only thing on this new server at the moment.

Stryfe is still fixing up some some things so if there's any strange issues just report them here and we can look into it.

The Dark style theme is still unavailable while that's being fixed.

The Thankyou mod (which was actually one of the things preventing us upgrading easily) had to be dropped but we found another mod that's similar and we'll try to hack it to work as the thankyou mod did, possibly.
The thankyou's are still in the database, we just have to modify this "like" mod to use them instead of it's own.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:13:59 PM by ebc »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: A Much Needed Update
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »
I just realised I posted with the test account, ohwell it's the same person.

Offline frosted_tuna

Re: A much needed update
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »
I hope i'm posting in the right spot.  For some reason, even after clearing my history and my cookies, the site still gives me this "Maintenance Mode: ..um boobs? wait, sorry we are having some issues atm, please try again later."  I'm currently replying to this post via a proxy, which allowed me access into the website.  I live in the West coast of USA.  Is this my issue only?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
^
That's cause it's still hitting the old server. It's most likely the DNS change hasn't updated for everyone. You can try running ipconfig /flushdns from command prompt and see if that fixes it but otherwise it should be back to normal within 24hours.

Offline frosted_tuna

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
^
That's cause it's still hitting the old server. It's most likely the DNS change hasn't updated for everyone. You can try running ipconfig /flushdns from command prompt and see if that fixes it but otherwise it should be back to normal within 24hours.

that worked. thank you very much~

Offline RenX

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
The thankyou's are still in the database, we just have to modify this "like" mod to use them instead of it's own.

Just curious, about the thankyou numbers, are they gonna be restored as likes?
e.g. : a user has got five hundred thankyou's before this update and after the update, that user gets five hundred likes.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »
^Hopefully yes, the thanks will be restored to likes, (we may even rename the like to thankyou so it looks the same as before) although it depends how Stryfe goes with the modifications.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 06:51:16 PM »
Just curious, about the thankyou numbers, are they gonna be restored as likes?
e.g. : a user has got five hundred thankyou's before this update and after the update, that user gets five hundred likes.

Yeah, they'll be restored and added to the current likes/thank you's. Just keep on liking stuff. :thumbup

Offline t-motion

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »
Thank you for the update! It was about time!  :P XD

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 09:22:28 PM »
Don't know if others have had this problem or whether it's just with Firefox but when you're doing a post you don't get any borders and the text just goes on and on and on....

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
Anyone else have that problem? I can't replicate it in my firefox at least, looks fine for me. What are your computer/firefox specs/version?

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 03:27:36 AM »
Never had this issue before, don't know what the FF specs are but it's version 30.0 which is their most updated version. Using Chrome or Internet Explorer there are borders when writing a post but really don't like using either one for here, been using FF for many years and never had a problem until this latest update.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »
^I use Firefox 30.0, too. I don't have a similar issue.

EDIT: SCREENCAP

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:57:19 AM by oaxiac »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
^^same here home and work firefox 30.0 looks normal.

any chance its a firefox add-on playing tricks?

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
It's back to normal now, just wasn't for the first few days after the update, I didn't do one thing unless Stryfe made an adjustment.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
I'm getting the same problem as Yoshino and I'm in Chrome on Windows 7....

Sometimes it's stuck to the left like in Yoshino's screencap, but other times stuck to the right and I can't even see the emotes...

Edit: this is what I mean by "stuck to the right"

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:51:35 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 04:43:56 AM »
Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using Windows 8.1 on Chrome and didn't have that posting problem with no borders on it.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 10:17:34 AM »
Any chance can add the 'Thanks' received total (the one over there on the left).
To show on the profile page, like before too? :D

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
^ Yes, that's on the to-do list.

--

Anyone still getting that post window being too wide problem, if it happens, grab me the source (view page source) and pm me the file.

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
Hello... Just a simple question.. Is there any way to view the full list of the people who left thanks on your post? If I have like more than 13-14 thanks in my post, the name list just gets cut off at the very bottom.. Just a suggestion.. Maybe the moderators can make the list scrollable(?) Coz sometimes, I might be curious of who left a thanks in my post  :P :P

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - STAY