JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - My Sweet Darlin`

Author Topic: [ News ] Ayaya's 2006 reviewed by a Singapore article  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Linus

• Member+
[ News ] Ayaya's 2006 reviewed by a Singapore article
« on: December 20, 2006, 01:19:50 PM »
Kind of a very dull article article on Ayaya... Singapore tabloid crap!!

====

The Electric New Paper

SHE may be known for her bubbly disposition, but J-popster Aya Matsuura could not muster a smile for her latest album, Naked Songs.

Perhaps she had her reasons. The year has not been kind to the former member of girl band, Morning Musume. She has had a run of bad luck since May when she attracted flak online for supposedly two-timing singers Koike Teppei and Keita Tachibana.

SPIRITS STILL HIGH

Then, she raised eyebrows when she made a rather unbefitting birthday wish in June: 'I want to try drinking myself in to a stupor!' Aya also launched her own pachinko machine, which is supposed to broadcast her music videos and display pictures of her. But instead of raising her profile, the publicity stunt drew criticism for its blatant link to gambling. Another bout of bad luck came in early October when Aya was forced to cancel two concerts due to a jaw infection.

Her box-office appeal also took a beating when her anticipated new movie, Sukeban Deka (Delinquent Girl Detective), failed to draw in the crowds. In the manga-adapted action flick, she plays a high-school girl who helps a government agency fight crime. Then, news leaked that she upset an advertiser when she failed 17 times to get a licence to ride a scooter for a TV commercial. Finally, Aya was caught smoking and drinking last month, which stained her otherwise clean image.

Break Max magazine also reported that she started having skin problems and grew one dress size bigger - sparking rumours that she was wallowing in self-pity. But in spite of all the bad press, Aya was all sugar and spice when she visited Taipei last week to perform at Channel V's V Power concert. She never stopped flashing her trademark megawatt smile, whether it was at the airport pushing her way through a crowd of 400 fans or fielding questions at a media conference.

When asked about her jaw infection, she was quick to assure fans that she has recovered well. 'Actually, my jaw started aching slightly a few years ago, but I never paid any attention to it. 'I've been doing some soul-searching, and I blame myself for not taking care of my health. But I'm undergoing therapy and it's okay now.' As for her gesticulations becoming the object of comic impersonation, she said she is more thankful than upset with the attention. 'I've never thought I have any outstanding features, so I'm happy that they (comedians) are willing to impersonate me and introduce me to more people.'

Not even a paparazzo could dampen her high spirits. Aya was more amused than shocked when she came face to face with one wielding a camera while leaving a dumpling restaurant. 'Wow, interesting. This is the first time I've seen a paparazzo's face because those in Japan always hide themselves.' To top it off, she even reached out to shake the paparazzo's hand, reported United Daily News. So it looks like Aya is still cheerful after all.

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:55 PM »
SHE may be known for her bubbly disposition, but J-popster Aya Matsuura could not muster a smile for her latest album, Naked Songs.
That's so mean :( but true :(

The year has not been kind to the former member of girl band, Morning Musume.
WHAT? XD

She has had a run of bad luck since May when she attracted flak online for supposedly two-timing singers Koike Teppei and Keita Tachibana.
Teppei? Wasn't it Wentz? Oh.. all two? Aya is a wise girl... XD

Aya also launched her own pachinko machine, which is supposed to broadcast her music videos and display pictures of her. But instead of raising her profile, the publicity stunt drew criticism for its blatant link to gambling
Did that happen? ò_Ô

Her box-office appeal also took a beating when her anticipated new movie, Sukeban Deka (Delinquent Girl Detective), failed to draw in the crowds
Ok that's sadly true... :(

Then, news leaked that she upset an advertiser when she failed 17 times to get a licence to ride a scooter for a TV commercial
:pen_shocked:

Finally, Aya was caught smoking and drinking last month, which stained her otherwise clean image.
But when, what... my God, what's this bullshit?

Break Max magazine also reported that she started having skin problems and grew one dress size bigger - sparking rumours that she was wallowing in self-pity.
Yeah ok we noticed it too. But Break Max? WTF is this?

As for her gesticulations becoming the object of comic impersonation, she said she is more thankful than upset with the attention. 'I've never thought I have any outstanding features, so I'm happy that they (comedians) are willing to impersonate me and introduce me to more people.'
When? What? When did that happen on tv? ò_Ô

Not even a paparazzo could dampen her high spirits. Aya was more amused than shocked when she came face to face with one wielding a camera while leaving a dumpling restaurant. 'Wow, interesting. This is the first time I've seen a paparazzo's face because those in Japan always hide themselves.' To top it off, she even reached out to shake the paparazzo's hand, reported United Daily News. So it looks like Aya is still cheerful after all.
YAY FOR CHEERFUL AYAYA! GO AHED! WE SUPPORT YOU!
:pen_clap:

====

Is this made up of 2ch rumors we never noticed or what? o_O So much bullshit..

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
What the fuck is that?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 01:44:35 PM »
HAHAHAHHHAAHHAHA STUFF PULLED OUT OF THEIR ASS HOW UNPROFESSIONAL LOLOLOLOL SACK 'EM NOW :D

Singapore article? They should hire Maliciel, he could write a more truthful news bit LOL.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 01:47:17 PM »
Expect a berryz koubou headlines tomorrow!!

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »
Can you believe the print version of that paper is the most widely read 'newspaper' in Singapore?

I'd rip them a new one, but I'm too busy watching public canings for people vandalising cars :roll:

In Before "It's Singapore!"

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 02:26:29 PM »
just read up to "The year has not been kind to the former member of girl band, Morning Musume" and you can already tell the writer doesn't really know what he/she's talking about..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
The most read? Ew. I hope the crappy article doesn't make it to the printable ver

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »

It's Singapore!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 05:10:47 PM »
Poor Ayaya~ But that's what happens when you are a celebrity! XD You get both the good and bad. I personally don't think this will do anything to "tarnish" Ayaya's image, since the fans who know and love her won't believe that stuff anyway :P LOL

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »
I stopped reading at "The year has not been kind to the former member of girl band, Morning Musume."
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:11:08 PM »
The year has not been kind to the former member of girl band, Morning Musume.

:lol:

Aya was caught smoking and drinking last month, which stained her otherwise clean image.

:lol:

Break Max magazine also reported that she started having skin problems and grew one dress size bigger - sparking rumours that she was wallowing in self-pity.

:lol:  (ayaya has the best body in H!P, fact)

Is this article a joke?

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:38:20 PM »
^ This article *should* be a joke XD There's nothing truthful about it! LOL

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 01:52:59 AM »
Well, the article definitely has an interesting way of remembering and interpreting things, don't they?

She has had a run of bad luck since May when she attracted flak online for supposedly two-timing singers Koike Teppei and Keita Tachibana.
That should say "for supposedly dating singers..." :lol:

Finally, Aya was caught smoking and drinking last month, which stained her otherwise clean image.
XD Got her mixed up with Aibon.

Break Max magazine also reported that she started having skin problems
It's just her UV allergies. She's always had it, we just never knew about it.

Then, news leaked that she upset an advertiser when she failed 17 times to get a licence to ride a scooter for a TV commercial.
They should have just done the CGI thing again like they did with the previous batch of scooter CM's she did.

she raised eyebrows when she made a rather unbefitting birthday wish in June: 'I want to try drinking myself in to a stupor!'
Most of Japan's workforce gets completely blizted after their work and before they go home. Nothing really shocking about this, other than the fact that Miki and the wotas were probably walking around like ":w00t:" for a while. :D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:50:01 AM »
What the...?! Yeah, I'd always heard that Singapore's newspapers were the worst for making up crap about celebrities. It's interesting how none of this info is really backed up, though.

Quote from: JFC;263785
Nothing really shocking about this, other than the fact that Miki and the wotas were probably walking around like ":w00t:" for a while. :D
Yeah, and Miki's STILL trying desperately to get both Aya and Taka drunk!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »
This article is so 'good' it should go here: http://forum.jphip.com/showthread.php?t=6921

XDXDXD

Offline Yoshitsune

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 07:38:06 AM »
this article seems to have negative talks about aya in the beginning and ended praising aya (well a lil bit) in the end. weird article

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - My Sweet Darlin`