JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Irokoizata

Author Topic: Counter Strike 1.6  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Nicklancer

• Member+
Counter Strike 1.6
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:24:16 AM »
Since I see no cs 1.6 thread around, I'll start one.
This thread is strictly for 1.6 not CZ or Source.

Well, cs 1.6 still is a popular game the area I live in.
I prefer clan matches over public server because I suck at public hehe.

So just few questions to ask those cs 1.6 players out there.

1. What is your favorite weapon?
2. Who is your favorite player?
3. Which is your favorite team?
4. What peripherals do you have?
5. What team you joined before?

I'll add more later.

For me,
1. AK47 - Easier to kill because of superior firepower.
2. fnatic's Harley Orwall (dsn) - He is simply fantastic.
3. team Hybrid of Malaysia - I support my country haha
4. Mouse - Razer DeathAdder, Mousepad - Everglide Titan, Headset - Koss Titanium
5. 5!ve, Creative, Ology, ddM
KonKon and Rii Fan.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: Counter Strike 1.6
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »
I stopped playing after 1.6 came out and the game got annoyingly overplayed by everyone at every lan I went to.

But, I'm probably the worst CS player ever. I think I'm just very unlucky at hitting people, I don't know how people can aim so well though, the bullets never go where you want them to.

Anyway, my answers:
1. Desert Eagle (I was only ever good in the first rounds of a map because of fluke headshots made with this gun, after that I would be first to die each round cause I am too impatient and just run out firing madly at anything that moved, usually not hitting anything though.)
2. me
3. the team that I am in if I ever play the game
4. I have a Creative Prodikeys keyboard (it's the one with the keyboard built in :D), and an oem Logitech 3 button optical mouse (I gave my razer diamondback to my brother cause I didn't like the side buttons plus I could never get used to using it) and I also use a mouse pad that I 'borrowed' from school about 6 years ago it's got a lot of sentimental value.
5. umm, I can't even remember, I was in mostly temp teams.

6. Q3A: Rocket Arena for life
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:26:42 PM by ebc »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 05:45:59 PM »
OK. need to switch to my "student days" database (yuck). Spent a few years on this game.  :D

1. Sig SG-552 Commando. I like the balanced style it dishes out. Nice in all ranges and has decent firepower. :D
2 and 3. None, since I only played in public servers. ::)
4. A crap old system. with Windows 98. I was so happy it supported the game then.
5. I did get some invitations, but didn't join. Don't remember why though.  :P

Extra info:
After around 5 rounds of my side getting annihialated, I loved quick-buying a desert Eagle ONLY. Switch to knife, and do a sprint at the other team and start shooting head-on. Or sprint 3/4 to their base and camp till their whole team has passed and start jumping and shooting like a madman behind them (It all sounds cheap, but I believe stupid stuff like this slows down the enemy team a little in the next few rounds since the front-runners normally choose the team-style. And since they are normally too busy knifing each other while running...).

Offline Nicklancer

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
Desert Eagle (I was only ever good in the first rounds of a map because of fluke headshots made with this gun, after that I would be first to die each round cause I am too impatient and just run out firing madly at anything that moved, usually not hitting anything though.)
I loved quick-buying a desert Eagle ONLY

Wow... looks like a lot of deagle fan here. Yeah I love Deagle when I can make fluke headshots. But i hate it when I miss all 7 bullets.

Not much people into cs nowadays huh?
KonKon and Rii Fan.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:49 AM »
I played since beta 3, but stopped after a break caused by military service...

My favorite weapons were USP, AK and M4... No point using anything else in serious game. Of course some sniping for fun sometimes. My clans were old and finnish so no point mentioning them here.

When I started CS it was revolutionary... The round system made it something different for a Quake Team Fortress player and it didn't take long until everyone from our Q1TF clan was playing Counter-Strike. In my opinion, CS is probably the best online fps ever created. And I mean the newest versions, because I liked the changes when they made the game more "realistic" stopping bunnyjumping and everything.

However, I don't like the way how the CS community plays the game these days. Only couple of maps are played and all of them are bomb/defuse maps. Or maps especially created for tournaments, which usually lack idea and are boring. I don't know if the game still has hostage-maps, but I liked them best. For clanmatches too.

The other thing is the user made modifications... Like players having shitload of money all the time so they can choose their weapon. Or these deathmatch-variants. Ok, these are mainly public servers but it seems difficult to find a public server with a decent ping without any shit like these installed. Which is sad.
coot is ctz

Offline Nicklancer

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
I played since beta 3, but stopped after a break caused by military service...

My favorite weapons were USP, AK and M4... No point using anything else in serious game. Of course some sniping for fun sometimes. My clans were old and finnish so no point mentioning them here.

When I started CS it was revolutionary... The round system made it something different for a Quake Team Fortress player and it didn't take long until everyone from our Q1TF clan was playing Counter-Strike. In my opinion, CS is probably the best online fps ever created. And I mean the newest versions, because I liked the changes when they made the game more "realistic" stopping bunnyjumping and everything.

However, I don't like the way how the CS community plays the game these days. Only couple of maps are played and all of them are bomb/defuse maps. Or maps especially created for tournaments, which usually lack idea and are boring. I don't know if the game still has hostage-maps, but I liked them best. For clanmatches too.

The other thing is the user made modifications... Like players having shitload of money all the time so they can choose their weapon. Or these deathmatch-variants. Ok, these are mainly public servers but it seems difficult to find a public server with a decent ping without any shit like these installed. Which is sad.

Yupe I agree the two rifles are the best guns to use in serious matches.
But having hostage-maps for clan matches just isn't really fair for counter terrorist because terrorist can just hide behind the hostage and let them got shot by CTs. lol!
KonKon and Rii Fan.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 01:05:49 PM »
But having hostage-maps for clan matches just isn't really fair for counter terrorist because terrorist can just hide behind the hostage and let them got shot by CTs. lol!

And that's bad because...? CT team can do the same on their turn. I have played dozens of matches on hostage maps and I don't remember hostage abuse having such a big role in winning. Of course there were hostage-jumps and stuff but people just considered them as a part of the game. If the idea is to level the differences between teams, why to have different weapons in a first place?

coot is ctz

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:05:42 AM »
well...

1. mp5 navy
2. Do you mean the person you chose after you pick to be either in T or CT?? if so, then on CT, it's the guy with the gas mask, and T, is the guy with the Red Bandana.
3. None
4. Just a Regular Laser Mouse, A Regular Mousepad, and a set of Speakers that came with the computer.
5. None

Offline joaQuin

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »
Nicko!! gosh..its been a long time playing CS wif u.. T.T (dono whether he still checks this thread)

sighs,since i shifted to CJ,seldom involve in competitive CS games,nor public servers.i guess my CS skills going down the drain.but i still play once a while.js to have fun shooting things.lolx.

ANSWERS:
1. AWP. simply bcos i love the challenge of sniping ppl down.using this weapon,u cant afford to miss the shot,not even once,or u will pay.tht's the challenge.
2. fnatic's f0rest. he is an all-rounder.
3. Team fnatic. the team have all types of players they need.awesome team.
4. peripherals? for the time being,none. T.T gona buy soon..  :twisted:
5. i think i can count myself in team FtW? lolx

till then. *retiring to bed*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:11:40 PM by joaQuin »

Offline kukine

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
so hard to find guys that wanna play cs...

1. M4.
2. forgot, been too long
3. CT
4. just a normal desktop speakers, and headset
5. team uh.. none

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Irokoizata