JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Matenrou MUSEUM

Author Topic: How to play Japanese PS2 games on an American consol?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline zlchn

• Nacchi is HAWT
  • ecchi
  • Member+
How to play Japanese PS2 games on an American consol?
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »
I recently got Space Venus ( with morning musume ) game this week. How can I get it to play on my PS2 consul? I've been researching and there are several different recommendations. I'm wondering what everyone here uses.

MODs please move this to the correct forum if this isn't the right place for it.
thanks,
zlchn

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How to play Japanese PS2 games on an American consol?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »
It is possible with a modded PS2. But I don't think you really need that. (it's a lot of hassle)

Most easy is to get swap magic.
http://www.swapmagic3.com/
You will need the ntsc version of swap magic. No clue where to buy it. But google knows  :P

or if you already have a network adapter, then hdd loader for ps2 is a good option too.
But you'll need a few things more. (psx memorycard and psx game)

Offline zlchn

• Nacchi is HAWT
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
It is possible with a modded PS2. But I don't think you really need that. (it's a lot of hassle)

Most easy is to get swap magic.
http://www.swapmagic3.com/
You will need the ntsc version of swap magic. No clue where to buy it. But google knows  :P

or if you already have a network adapter, then hdd loader for ps2 is a good option too.
But you'll need a few things more. (psx memorycard and psx game)

Thanks, I found that swap magic 3.8. I will buy it and try it. I appreciate your help.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:55:34 AM »
get a 60gb japanese ps3 XD

but seriously, I think bluray disks are the same region for America and Japan, so you'll be able to play American ps3 games without any mods or anything.
But I don't trust the software ps2 emu in the newer ps3's so the older ps3's would be better.

I'm only half serious though as it's really quite the hassle to do and costs a lot.
But if you have the time and money, it's an option :lol:

How bout a review of the game when you get to play it. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Matenrou MUSEUM