JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D[di] - Scream Teddy

Author Topic: The Bioshock Thread  (Read 20717 times)

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Bioshock Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 03:42:38 AM »
I'm honestly not looking forward to the multiplayer of Bioshock 2, not that it may be bad or not. But what I liked most in the first one was the mood of the single player.

I've seen the review at IGN and the game seems good, especially the visuals in the underwater moments.

A man chooses, a slave obeys! - Andrew Ryan

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 03:58:25 AM »
Tuffty, you video doesnt work but we have Giantbomb to back us up

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »
I got around to playing the online portion and it's pretty fun. I like the trials they give you. It's pretty much like MW2. I need to get my own copy so i can play more. I like the new plasmids in the game too.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 05:24:27 PM »
I just got the game. After the intro, which I like a lot, when we wake up in Rapture, I started to feel good and the nostalgia all over again hehe.

The scenario in the game is by far one of the best I've seen !

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »
Just bought Bioshock 2 a few days ago.  Way better then the first one.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 05:59:57 AM »
Just got it today. Great stuff so far. I always love Bioshock's world and atmosphere and this is even more colorful but maybe less scary. Dual wielding feels really great.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
New Bioshock game was just announced. Developed by Irrational Games, and helmed by series creator Ken Levine we have Bioshock : Infinite. But there's something markably different about this one. Take a look at the trailer and find out why:

Out in 2012. Cannot wait. :w00t:

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »

Cool! Bioshock 2 was great and all but didn't have the wonder of a brand new mysterious world. The setting for this seems beautiful and bright and awesome!

I heard people saying the name should have been different like Skyshock or Airshock and I totally agree. Stupid marketing dumbos. -___-

Here's an interview.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:02:06 AM by zoolander »

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
I saw the video today. It seems like a pretty good idea.
Being in the sky gives another big feel of isolation because the only wait out is down.

I have yet to finish Bioshock 2 and can't wait to see more on this one.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
Holy. Freaking. Crap. There's a gameplay trailer out of Bioshock Infinite and it looks amazing

Gameplay Trailer

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
Jesus Christ... O_O If the game is half as good as that then it will be the best game ever. The City looks incredible.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 01:40:18 AM »
I got Bioshock 2 for Christmas. To be honest I really didn't know what to expect, I know that despite a 4/5 review, Jeff from Giant Bomb wasn't too much of a fan, even recently when the subject of Bioshock 2 came up he said something along the lines of how he's already forgotten everything that happened in it. Not saying I would have felt the same way, but let's just say I was slightly aprehensious before playing. Well I will say, when I saw the opening cinematic, then that was it. The world of Rapture had hooked me in once again and I'm loving every minute so far. That incredible sense of isolation, of being involved in the most bizarre setting with even weirder, twisted inhabitants. I will say that it's not quite as surprising so far but I think it's down to being so early in the game plus I'm seeing stuff that I've already seen before, so introducing splicers or Big Daddies isn't quite as effective as the original. Really liked the underwater section, walking out to see Rapture was pretty epic.

Multiplayer is a bit of a mixed affair. For one there's hardly anyone on there to play against, and two those you are playing against are near max level, so you're dealing with someone who has the best weapons/plasmids/tonics, meaning I can hardly get a look in. It's functional, I don't see it replacing COD but then they both handle differently so I guess it's an unfair comparison. But yeh, I like it, it's fun.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »
Would you kindly JUST TAKE MY MONEY

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
After seeing some videos of Infinite, I finally went out and got 1 and 2. Though I won't have the time to sit and really play them until next Friday.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 01:20:31 AM »
First 2 minutes of the E3 demo

It's a prelude to the full 15 min unveil on Thurs 7th July. All I can say is, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!! :drool:

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 03:22:06 AM »
HOLY SHIT! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

The further I get in this game the more I love it. After playing a lot of games with regenerative health, it feels so good to have health pickups. It's scary (In a good way) to go from room to room not knowing if anyone will be there.

Not a big deal, but it kinda sucks that when I transfered my data from my old Xbox to my new one that my achievements didn't transfer. I had a few already, like the completed research ones that I won't be able to get this playthrough since I can't take any more photos of them. I'll get them again in another playthrough.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 05:20:07 AM »
First 2 minutes of the E3 demo

It's a prelude to the full 15 min unveil on Thurs 7th July. All I can say is, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!! :drool:

Woaaaa yea I'm so excited to see the demo, I guess I'm going to have to up my spike TV watching quota to more than 0 times a year for this one. This is a game made just for me I think. I love those "down time" moments in games. :D Then I remember it isn't out for a year still.  :(

YT link:

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
Holy . . . Fucking . . . Damn!

[noembed]http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/124[/noembed]

"That . . . was Amazing!" :lol: Elizabeth :wub:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »
UGH I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

It's like my dream game with the guns and weapons and all the powers you get! Yeah I really love it~!

But I don't have an X-Box or a PS3 so all I have left is my laptop but that isn't compatible with games software. Though I think my Dad's rented laptop is but I honestly doubt he'll let me install the game on it cause it's rented.

Guess I'll just stick to watching other's play it instead as I do with every other game I want to play. orz

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »
I finally got Bioshock~

But I'm freaking out so bad and I barely started, even though I know what's going to happen.

I'm such a chicken...

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D[di] - Scream Teddy