JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Tsuioku no Heroine

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486986 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #1680 on: May 30, 2007, 05:13:22 PM »
Kobe wants to win - plain and simple. Heart of a champion and the front office don't wanna win. Just save money. Kobe will not pass up the ball to Donyell Marshall for the game winner.

Whatever Kobe wants, Kobe gets. Dr. Buss thinks with his wallet, and to keep the NBA's marquee player in Hollywood - you best believe Jerry West, even if he comes on officially as a "consultant" he's gonna be whipping Mitch into shape.

KG? Artest? JO? The Western Conference just looked a lot more better. Esp. with Seattle and Portland ready to return to form.

Shaq: "Kobe is 100% Right."

Now with Dr. Buss getting a DUI. Shit is spiraling, holy shit. I dunno what to believe, fuckin Stephen A. Smith too. Now trade talk? Please God no...get Jerry West back NOW.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1681 on: May 30, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
It's Official Kobe Bryant Wants To Be Traded!

With all the stuff that's happened within the past couple days Kobe has finally reached his boiling point and has said there's absolutely nothing that the Laker's can do to keep him a Laker, not even Jerry West coming back can change his stance. When asked where he'd want to play he replied that as of now he'll play on pluto! Listened to the live radio show with Steven A. Smith, it was crazy to hear but man I hope they do the right thing like he's asking them to do. Checkout the article on espn, and I believe they have the radio show still available for playback:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:36:23 PM by aKaoNi »

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1682 on: May 30, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
so, shaq leaving l.a. wasn't kobe's fault after all...
and laker insider??? if they're trying to stab kobe in the back, i don't blame him for being pissed

^^^^ who said they sucked back then?  and i really dont give a crap about malone or payton, they were in it for the quick championship.  currently kobe's teammates do suck, maybe except for odom but he's injured all the time. that coupled with the fact that lakers mgnt has made a bunch of dumbass moves for the past couple years, kobe has a right to be upset
:shakeit:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1683 on: May 30, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »
^Thats some seriously big news, since Kobe just recently said he wasn't looking to be traded.
Gonna be interesting now to follow how this will go, and where Kobe could possibly wind up at.
Since Kobe now wants out, the Lakers might end up hitting rock bottom in the tough West.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1684 on: May 30, 2007, 06:16:18 PM »
I don't think it will happen. Bring Jerry West back, Jerry Buss talk to your "son" immediately.

And get rid of this so-called "LAker insider" that has pissed Kobe off so much. And again. :fuckyou: Stephen A. Smith

Yeah, Buss was too cheap to pay Shaq - all this "Kobe is selfish, it's either me or him" talk was bullshit. And Shaq agrees. As a Laker diehard, I hope this just blows over. Cooler heads prevail and make the right deals, i.e. get some chips to help Kobe win a title ... in a Laker uniform.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1685 on: May 30, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »
Just listened to Kobe on Dan Patrick. I actually feel better. He sounded and seems very frustrated. Bringing Back Jerry West Will Definatly Help Out The Situation. That he was talking to Phil a lot too.

I'll post a MP3 version when I get home.  That's it Kobe, CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

Then we got this from dwunky Dr. Buss:
EL SEGUNDO – In response to inquiries regarding Kobe Bryant's comments in the media today requesting a trade, Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has issued the following statement:

"We are aware of the media reports. However, Kobe has not told us directly that he wants to be traded. We have made it very clear that we are building our team around Kobe and that we intend for him to be a Laker his entire career. We will speak directly to Kobe and until we do that, we will not comment publicly about this."

We have set up a dedicated email address so that you can voice your concerns to Lakers Management, please email them at LakersManagement@la-lakers.com. They will be responding to the messages, but please keep in mind that they are working right now at resolving the situation, so replies may not come immediately. Please include your season ticket holder account number in response.

I'm firing up my email right now  :banghead:

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1686 on: May 30, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »
It's Official Kobe Bryant Wants To Be Traded!
thought so.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1687 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »
It's official Kobe would like to stay a Laker!

LoL! Damn Sports Opera!

Just listened to Kobe on Dan Patrick. I actually feel better. He sounded and seems very frustrated. Bringing Back Jerry West Will Definatly Help Out The Situation. That he was talking to Phil a lot too.

I'll post a MP3 version when I get home.  That's it Kobe, CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

Then we got this from dwunky Dr. Buss:
EL SEGUNDO – In response to inquiries regarding Kobe Bryant's comments in the media today requesting a trade, Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has issued the following statement:

"We are aware of the media reports. However, Kobe has not told us directly that he wants to be traded. We have made it very clear that we are building our team around Kobe and that we intend for him to be a Laker his entire career. We will speak directly to Kobe and until we do that, we will not comment publicly about this."

We have set up a dedicated email address so that you can voice your concerns to Lakers Management, please email them at LakersManagement@la-lakers.com. They will be responding to the messages, but please keep in mind that they are working right now at resolving the situation, so replies may not come immediately. Please include your season ticket holder account number in response.

I'm firing up my email right now  :banghead:

Yeah just saw the update on espn. The way he spoke earlier in the day how Steven A. Smith reiterated "my last question to you, I'm going to ask you one last time, is there anything the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?" to which Kobe replied "No, bro.", I thought for sure he meant it unless he was speaking directly from anger, which now seems to be the case. We'll see how this plays out in the coming days.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:16:01 PM by aKaoNi »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1688 on: May 30, 2007, 10:38:16 PM »
GJ AKOANI!! STAYING ON TOP OF THANGS!!

PHEW. Magic Johnson even stepped up and sent Kobe a message. Here's the "aftermath" after Phil Jackson spoke to Kobe ... I listened to SAS interview and he fuckin egged Kobe on. "Would u entertain a trade?" after he got Kobe worked up.

http://rapidshare.com/files/34318666/Kobe_Interviews.rar.html

Filename: (mb)_kobe_on_dan_patrick_show_may_30_2007_(bd302bea)
Length: 13:59 secs
Filename: (mb)_kobe_on_loose_cannons_show_may_30_2007_(a64cb641)
Length: 32:40 secs
Size: 20.8mb
Codec: MP3

Credit Moises @ LakersGround.net forum (which was down all day lol. Last time traffic was so high was Kobe's 81, Shaq traded)

I am a HARDCORE Laker fan, supported em from Showtime to Del Harris/Van Exel/Eddie Jones to Shaq/Kobe/PHil eras. But u can't help but be attached to the players, and I support Kobe and his drive for excellence. In every argument, there is blame on both sides. It just depends on who has the BALLS to own it and move forward, get the problem fuckin solved.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1689 on: May 31, 2007, 03:38:03 AM »
SPURS ARE WESTERN CONF. CHAMPS~!!!!!!!

Really wasn't any doubt that the Spurs wouldn't win and close it out tonight.
Now they'll get a week to rest, and keep an eye on the East to see who they'll end up playing.

The Finals start next week Thursday.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1690 on: May 31, 2007, 04:23:24 AM »
SPURS ARE WESTERN CONF. CHAMPS~!!!!!!!

Really wasn't any doubt that the Spurs wouldn't win and close it out tonight.
Now they'll get a week to rest, and keep an eye on the East to see who they'll end up playing.

The Finals start next week Thursday.

Yeah, figured that would be the outcome when it came to them having to play the Jazz, the only real good thing we got outta that series was the further emergence of Deron Williams as a star. On the eastern conference side, although I would love to see the Cavs get to the finals I honestly feel the Pistons have a better matchup against the Spurs so hopefully if the Pistons do win they do it in convincing fashion and are brimming with confidence going into the finals although I do believe the ECF will go 7 games down to the wire. So long as the Spurs don't win it all I'm happy.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1691 on: May 31, 2007, 04:58:42 AM »
spurs and pistons in the finals again?  :angry:

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1692 on: May 31, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
If Kobe comes to Chicago without gutting the team: Deng, Hinrich, Wallace, Kobe = Championship.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1693 on: May 31, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »
Update from Kobe himself: (as posted on his KB24.com site)

May 30 :: 2007

The Truth: A new road ahead
Wassup y'all ...

Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit.

The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today.

I want it to be clear that I still love, with all my heart, the Laker Legacy. From Mikan to West to Goodrich to Wilt to Kareem to Magic. That will never change. And the support my family and I have gotten from Lakers fans is undeniably the best. I will also always believe that.

But, now there is a new road ahead. I am gonna keep grindin and keep workin to get back to competing for Championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough. But, I know we'll get there.

Strength and Honor,
Kobe

An audio roundup of his interviews from the past couple of days:
(as posted on his KB24.com site)

5/30: Loose Cannons, AM 570 KLAC (MP3 9.97MB)
5/30: Dan Patrick, AM 710 ESPN (MP3 5.93MB)
5/30: Stephen A. Smith, AM 1050 ESPN (MP3 2.66 MB)
5/29: Money and Petros, AM 570 KLAC (MP3 11.4MB)

Now we wait.................. In the meantime enjoy tonight's matchup back at the Palace! Cavs vs Pistons, should be good! 

Offline chroe

« Reply #1694 on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »
JO in LA would be the end for the Pacers franchise :cry:

Hopefully tonight the Pistons will regain their confidence. If they lose the series, I'll have to buy my buddy a new basketball.   

I might just be the first Pacers fan in history rooting for the Pistons. 

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1695 on: June 01, 2007, 04:05:24 AM »
Dayum, double OT and LeBron put it all on his shoulders and got the win, giving the Cavs a 3-2 edge in the series against the Pistons.
LeBron had to do all the scoring thru most of the 4th quarter and both OT's.
Nobody else for the Cavs could even hit a shot.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Iamabowl

• Captain of the Inanimate Object Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1696 on: June 01, 2007, 04:29:38 AM »
My god that was an awesome game... I haven't watched the rest of this series, but it seems as if the others were just as close... I'll probably catch the next one

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1697 on: June 01, 2007, 04:54:49 AM »
Yeaaa Cavs!!! Next game is in Cleveland right? Hopefully they get the win...

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1698 on: June 01, 2007, 05:01:13 AM »
DAMN that was a helluva game! It looks like Lebron is coming into his own seriously! With that type of performance I think they got a chance against the Spurs, performance was amazing, just refused to lose.

Yeaaa Cavs!!! Next game is in Cleveland right? Hopefully they get the win...

Yep saturday at Cleveland, let's see if they can take care of business or if we get a repeat of last year with a game 7 down to the wire.

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
« Reply #1699 on: June 01, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
Go LeBron!  only you can stop the destined boring finals this year!  Go beat Detroit and San Antonio to make the NBA playoffs somewhat memorable!  Do it for your best buddy Dwyane Wade!!!  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Tsuioku no Heroine