JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P 7Air - Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 244230 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1640 on: June 15, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
Damn, I'm glad that was the only day with four matches in a row. All awesome, but I felt kinda drained by the end (at 6am...), haha.

Bless Pirlo's magnificent beard. And oh, Japan... they just weren't prepared for the arrival of Drogbus Christ.

Today, Switzerland-Ecuador, France-Honduras and Argentina-Bosnia&Herzegovina. See you in (backup) IRC.

--

Time for my Honduran scrubs to shine! XD Of course I've got Angel Di Maria on the bench ready to replace the worst midfielder later tonight.

--

Oh, reminds me, a word of warning about changing formations!

If you change a formation, and the new formation has less room than the previous one in any row, it'll automatically throw the RIGHTMOST player to the bench.

So, for example, if I changed from my current 3-4-3 to 4-4-2, it'd throw Neymar on the bench, costing me 28 points.

I'm not sure, but there's probably no warning or y/n query about this when you do it, so be careful.

So to be safe, for the coming rounds, start filling the rows from the left, starting with the players who play first.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1641 on: June 16, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
Portugal-Germany up next, then Iran-Nigeria and lastly USA-Ghana.

Will USA survive the group of death? I'd say snowball's chance, but weirder shit has happened.

--

Yesterday, Angel Di Maria brought in an average 5 points, but Messi at least justified his price tag with 11.

Man, that last attack by Di Maria + Messi, I was so stoked I was gonna get 8 more points (goal+pass) but Messi didn't quite get a proper kick/pass in. Oh wells, still pretty good. :P

Today I have Müller on the pitch and a random Iranian. Possibly another Iranian to replace Marcelo, if playing. Hoping for the 2010 world cup top goalscorer to bring in some points, at least.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1642 on: June 16, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
Muller and Hummels both netted me 18 points (pending any changes, I suppose). Sitting on a cool 82 points currently, with two Belgians yet to play.

Also, is Pepe just the biggest idiot in football? Did he really think he wouldn't get smacked down for that shit? Portugal just fell apart, and it gives me hope for the USA now.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1643 on: June 17, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »
Muller played it up a bit, but absolutely no need for Pepe to throw his head in there like that. Especially when your team is 2-0 down. Complete idiot.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1644 on: June 17, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
why so surprised?
PEPE is PEPE

Müller is a sexy beast

USA the luckiest team on earth

and The Wall OCHOA blocked everything to Brazil

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1645 on: June 18, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »
What has happened to Spain? They've been completely terrible. :smhid

--

Here's my final round 1 squad and scores. I got a total of 113 points.

Here's the current JPHIP standings. Quite frankly these tables are complete crap. They only count the total points of all rounds, and we're lacking for example per-round points from the first round.

Just compare to the Euro 2012 tables:

Infinitely better. Get your shit together, Fifa.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #1646 on: June 20, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »
I apologize for breaking up the Fantasy "Football" talk by saying that I watched the Uruguay-England matchup and almost thought the Brits would pull out a win or tie.  But then Luis Suarez happened and overshadowed Rooney's historical goal.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1647 on: June 23, 2014, 04:32:36 AM »
^ The only thing you should apologize for is putting quotes around Football. :P  How about that Team USA, huh. Almost there.

--

Here are the JPHiP standings after two rounds. Can't complain. :P

Here is how my squad ended up looking like. My total this round was 109 points.

I lucked out with the Greek defender Manolas and showed some wise restraint keeping him as captain. Only Kompany reached his score.

--

Round 3 starts tomorrow. Remember to set your squads again.

The last group round is played a little differently, the two remaining matches in each group is played simultaneously to make it difficult to strategize based on other teams' outcomes (and outright cheating).

So that means there's FOUR games each day, tho there's always two matches on at the same time. Gonna be crazy. :panic:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:05:31 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1648 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:23 AM »
Oh man I love this world cup. Today was insane... Suarez going all vampire again, Greece advancing at the last possible moment, man... such entertainment. :lol:

--

Screencapped, in case this is my fifteen minutes of fame... but if not... Kia Soul, here I come. :yep:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1649 on: June 28, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
So Suarez got that lengthy ban. Not as much as was predicted, but considering it's both international and domestic games, then it's justified. Liverpool fans have a right to feel let down by, but they're directing it at the wrong people and not at Suarez who's let himself and the club down. Well I'm sure Suarez won't care, he either gets a move to Barcelona or stays at Liverpool not doing anything and still getting £200k a week.

Next round starts today! How did everyone change their lineups? Considering my first pick of forwards was a massive let down, I've gone for the best right now in RVP and Mueller. I hope to crap that Germany or Holland don't get knocked out or I'm screwed :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1650 on: June 28, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »

JPHiP League Standings after the group stage. Let's see if I can keep this shit up. XD

I hope to crap that Germany or Holland don't get knocked out or I'm screwed :lol:
To clarify, from now on you get to remake your squad between each round, so you can remove players that exit the tournament.

Still tweaking my team, three hours to go...

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1651 on: June 29, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »
lol forgot to fix my team after first round... nvm

Suarez ban was completely insane, i can even understand the 9 matches and 4 months but banning him from stadiums and concentration that is just too much, he did wrong but is not a criminal.

Anyways i failed with Chile defeating Brazil but Colombia never dissapoints and that James (have to read it in spanish lol) is the revelation of WC

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #1652 on: July 05, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
Oh man, Neymar being sidelined hospitalized because of that nasty foul is really a bummer. :( Fractured vertebra. :shocked Ouch! That must have hurt like shit.

The lenience of the referees is really destroying this game, if you ask me. :smhid The players that are really fun to watch are all getting brutally knocked around. And it's all FIFA's fault. :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:12:00 PM by 123SillyBlast »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1653 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »

JPHiP Fantasy League standings after the quarterfinals.

Man, what a wacky round. After the Germany-France game I was hitting myself for picking Müller instead of Hummels as the team captain. Cost a lot of points, but better than not having him in the team in the first place, I guess.

Still, my players were really underperforming, especially the forwards and most of the midfield. Also at the last minute swapped out Higuain and put Klose in my team, big mistake.

In the end I still got a good score, thanks to some stellar defensive performances. Thank fuck for the Netherlands and Costa Rica going 0-0... :lol:

--

Just four matches left in the world cup, what a bummer. It's been easily the best world cup I can remember. :bow:

Remember to make your transfers again. Just four teams in the running...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1654 on: July 08, 2014, 10:50:57 PM »
What is going on someone hold me please

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #1655 on: July 09, 2014, 12:38:59 AM »
What the hell was wrong with Brazil today? They got completely owned by Germany. :shocked Their defense just collapsed after that first goal. What a match! :O

Sure, they were missing Neymar and Silva, but that cannot possibly account for a 1-7 loss.

Haha :lol:

( source: https://twitter.com/socreativepics/status/486640013208453120 )
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:54:51 AM by 123SillyBlast »

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #1656 on: July 09, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
Did any of you Fantasy Soccer guys play any Brazilian players by any chance?  Anyways, that Germany-Brazil was like the Super Bowl.  I didn't watch the game but I heard there was a lot of rough play from the Brazilians and I was curious as to when it started.

"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1657 on: July 09, 2014, 11:58:39 PM »
Did any of you Fantasy Soccer guys play any Brazilian players by any chance?

Thankfully not many. :P  Should've just gone all-out for Germany, but almost did anyway.

My captain choices might not be great tho... First Hummels who hardly even played, and now Messi, when it seems like defense is getting the best scores. Still 30 mins to go though.

--

Replaced the pic with (possibly) final results. Bad captain choice cost me ~6 points there, but can't complain.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:58:23 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1658 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »

Oh, Brazil-Germany, what a match for the ages. And compared to Argentina-Netherlands... night and day...

---

Results from the semis. Can finally check out other people's teams from the Fantasy site, btw.

So I can see that a bunch of you aren't really even trying anymore. :P

Just one more squad to build, two more matches to go. Same players as last round, too, but different stakes, of course.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:55:11 AM by Stryfe »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1659 on: July 14, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »
Brasil decime que se siete...
I wanted Argentina to have some luck and win the cup
But Germany was the best team all the way, good champ

Now someone explain me why Messi won the Golden Ball award :cokecat:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P 7Air - Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no