JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat

Author Topic: Juliet and Cinderella ~ [UPDATE - Chapter 22 - (10/28)]  (Read 91081 times)

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
Re: Juliet and Cinderella ~ [UPDATE - 6th Trailer ft. Niigaki Risa - (2/13)]
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »
i knew it :mon geek:, you are stalking people who are stalking your fics and lurk around cuz they are too lazy to comment :shock:  (btw the stalking lurking lazy person is me)

take your time i`ll be waiting  :kekeke:  :wahaha:

Offline all6th

• Problem kids own the World! Go for 6th gen momusu!
  • ecchi
  • Otsukarei~ desu!
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »
pleaseee update soon author-san :) I like your story, I'll be waiting to know the couples btw :)

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »
Take your time *waits patiently*  :on drink:

IN REALITY: Where is that kjfbifgbfnadfnsldnfs update?!!!! GAAAAH, N.E.E.D A.N U.P.D.A.T.E N.O.W!!!!! *dies from too much of waiting*
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline risa_ai

• Member+
  • Matsui, Midget, Gaki and random breadcrumbs~
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
^hello~ I gotta hand in to you. :D
Saryu-chan~ BRING ON THE UPDATE! Your fic is the only thing that keeps me alive. :p

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
That literally 'little' note over there is scaring me. :S

Anyhoo, enjoy your vacation and we'll be patiently waiting for your update! xD I hope everything gets sorta out soon, scrambled thoughts are the worst of the worst OTL.

Have a safe trip!
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline nighell

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »
Oh this sweet word vacation :D This is definitely will positively affect the muse.
New impressions and bright emotions for you, and I'll dream of updating.
God, I never so much did not waiting my favorite movie, like wait the first chapter. oh, i'm aho...
Sorry for my bad English

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:24 AM »
@Koei: LOL i've gotten a lot of that throughout my writing career(?)  XD

@risa_ai: arigatou~  :D

@KirikomoriHime: I know, right!  Man, I hope I bring some fans through this fic..  :D

@Kikk4r: lol i stalk my own fic.  yes, i'm cool.  :lol:

@all6th: yay~ thank you :D

@sakura_drop_: arghhh i'm sorry!!!!  :bleed eyes: XD

@arisa03: OTL is correct  :smhid  mehehe don't be scared :P

@nighell: hehe dream no longer!  :D

Thank you for waiting so patiently everyone!  :twothumbs
And now... here it is... the moment you've been waiting for~~  XD

It's uber long to make up for the time lost  :lol:

Read carefully though, there's a LOT of information in here that sets up everything :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - "Once Upon a Time..."

It was a day just like any other day. 

The downtown streets were filled with people, trying to get to their respective destinations.  It seemed like a perfect day to be outside as the sun shined brightly on the wide sidewalks, heating up the area, yet the gentle breeze was enough to prevent sweating.  Amidst the people of various shapes and sizes was a young lady in her twenties, walking with ease.  She wore a pair of jean shorts along with a brown knit-sweater that clung snugly onto her slim body.  She ruffled her short hair as she let the wind comb through the strands, allowing her to close her eyes to enjoy the climate.  No one would notice at first sight, but upon a closer look, one would see that she was quite the beauty.  For someone in her twenties, her looks defied her age. 

Soon, the lady arrived at her destination.  The glass door hit the bell hung on the ceiling as it opened, allowing a clear jingle to ring throughout the shop.  She looked around the familiar room, filled with various clothes and dresses and, of course, the mannequins.  The shop was set up quite nicely; the walls had been hand-decorated with streamers and little cut-outs of fashion magazines.  The light pastel stripes and polka-dots painted on the white wall gave off a playful energy.  The lady continued to walk slowly into the store when a voice came from behind the counter by the far wall.

“I’m sorry, okyaku-sama, we’re not open yet—”

A young woman in her twenties popped out from underneath the counter, holding a wad of coins in her hand.  She had wavy brown hair that reached her shoulders, which was a bit ruffled at the moment from whatever work she had been doing.  She wore a long-sleeved white blouse which matched with a similarly styled skirt, presenting a lady-like image.  She gasped as her eyes widened at the sight of the visitor.

“Ai-chan!” she called out.  She quickly put the coins down on the counter and ran out to meet her friend.  “What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

“I came to help you open,” the short-haired woman smiled.  “Is there something I can do?”

“But… it’s your day off,” the shop owner hesitated.  “You didn’t have to come in today.”

“Oh come on, Eri,” Ai laughed.  “Tresor may only be a small clothing boutique, but you still can’t do all the work around here.  And every time I leave you alone, you never open on time.”

The turtle’s face went from agreement to realization to confusion, as though she was unable to determine whether she should be offended by her friend’s statement or not.  Deciding otherwise, she turned to follow Ai who had already placed her bag on the counter and rolled up her sleeves.

“Alright, what should I do first?” the older girl asked.  She looked at the pile of coins on the counter and frowned.  “What’s up with the loose change?”

“Oh, I unearthed them from underneath the counter,” Eri answered.  “Turns out there was a gap in the cash register where money could fall out.  I’ll have to get a new one.”

“Okay, I’ll start by putting these away, then.” 
With a grin, Ai skittered towards the cash register and tapped on the keyboard, allowing the cash drawer to pop out.  She scooped up the coins and started to drop them back into their respective compartments.  Eri watched her friend intently as placed her elbows on the counter and balanced her chin on her hands.

“Nee, Ai-chan,” she said, “didn’t you say you’re starting your new job today?  That’s why I gave you a day off…”

“Yes, I am,” Ai answered, “which is why I’m only going to help you prepare for opening.  I’m not staying throughout the day.”

“Sou ka…”  The turtle nodded to herself as she continued to stare at her friend with curiosity.  “Nee, nee… where did you say your second job was again?”

“Bijou Company building,” the older girl replied, closing the cash register.  “You know, Bijou cosmetics?”

“That big fashion company, right?” Eri grinned.  “The place that sells everything from clothes to make-up to manicure to skincare…”
“Yup, that’s the one,” Ai smiled.  “I’m taking the evening shift as one of the janitors there.  I’m just going in during the day shift today so they can show me around and stuff.”

“Right, right… I remember…”

The turtle nodded slowly as she tapped her fingers on the counter.  She continued to stare at her friend as though she was contemplating something, and then opened her mouth again.

“Nee, Ai-chan,” she said in a quiet voice, “isn’t it kind of… embarrassing to work as a janitor?  I mean, you’re a 25-year-old city girl; most people like you wouldn’t want to work as a janitor…”

“Yeah, I know,” Ai sighed, shrugging.  “But what choice do I have?  I need the money, and the wage isn’t all that bad so… I took the job.”

“I told you, I don’t mind giving you a raise!” Eri insisted.  “Tresor wouldn’t be where it is right now if you hadn’t helped me start this shop in the first place.  I owe you a lot more than what I pay you right now.  I’ll give you a raise, so don’t take that job, nee?  We’re friends, aren’t we?  I should at least be able to do that much for you.”

Ai smiled a little to herself, pleased by her friend’s kindness.  Indeed, the two were friends and very good ones at that.  Ever since they met each other back in college when Eri first entered as a freshman while Ai was a junior, the two had been inseparable.  They would have endless conversations with each other about fashion and constantly have meals together.  At some point, Eri had even stayed at Ai’s apartment for a week or so when the freshman dorms flooded because of a plumbing problem.  So naturally, after years of mutual friendship, Ai had helped Eri start her own clothing boutique after she graduated college, and Eri had employed the older girl in return so that she could quit her minimum wage job at a fast food place.  After a year, Tresor had finally gained some regular customers who frequently visited, yet Ai had discovered that the rising economy prevented her from living off of just her current wage.  So she had to find another job, and the best she could do was be a evening janitor at a huge fashion company building. 

“Yes, we are friends,” Ai nodded, “which is precisely why I can’t let you do that, Eri.”  She went around the counter, passed her friend and walked towards a mannequin to adjust its hat.  “Tresor may be getting more business these days, but it’s still a private boutique, not a chain store.  You don’t have the leeway to give me a raise.”

“But—”

“Don’t worry about me, I can handle the extra work,” Ai grinned, pulling on the mannequin’s dress.  “You should worry about providing for yourself, too.  You live alone in the flat above this store.  At least I have a housemate.”

“Well, it’s not like she does anything to help you, though…” Eri mumbled, dropping her head to the floor.

Ai smiled at her friend again, grateful for the concern she was showing.  It was true; although Ai used to live alone in her apartment, she had been living together with her stepsister for the past three years, ever since she moved in after high school graduation.  Her younger stepsister was the daughter of Ai’s late father’s new wife who had joined the family with her mother back when she was still just a kid.  Ai had already been in middle school by then so she had tried to get alone with her new sibling, but the stepsister was a brat who never showed a kind heart to her new older sister.  Still, Ai had never treated her stepsister in any manner other than pure warmth, for she valued family no matter how horrible they were.

And the very epitome of horror, indeed.  Her stepmother was simply not a kind woman, and after her loving father had passed away by a car accident, her treatment of little Ai only got worse.  She never failed to continuously enslave Ai with chores and work to do, until she entered college and moved out to Tokyo by herself.  Even so, Ai’s stepmother did little to pay for her stepdaughter’s tuition or anything else she needed while she paid fully for her daughter’s expenses in living at Tokyo.  That daughter was no different from her mother as she treated her older sister like a servant as well, all the while only caring for herself selfishly.  She had claimed that the only reason she decided to live in the same home as Ai was so that she wouldn’t have to do the housework herself.  But Ai did not show any distaste at this, for she decided that there was nothing wrong with herself being the only person to take care of her own home.  It was as though her stepsister was a guest and she was to be treated as such.

“I don’t understand how you can put up with her all the time,” Eri sighed.  “I mean, it’s not like she has a job in Tokyo or anything.  She’s just living here for the same of living in a city.  Why doesn’t she get her own place?”

“Don’t say that, Eri,” Ai scolded, rolling her eyes.  “She’s my sister.”

“Stepsister,” the turtle corrected.

“Nevertheless, my sister,” Ai insisted.  “She’s family.  There’s nothing wrong with us living together.”

Just then, the sound of k-pop music blasted out of Ai’s purse.  As the older girl turned towards the counter, the turtle dashed ahead towards her friend’s bag and took out her cell phone.  She checked the caller ID and shot a sarcastic smile towards Ai. 

“Speak of the devil.”

Eri tossed the phone to her friend who caught it and checked the ID herself.  She smiled a little at her friend as she shook her head and picked up the call.

“Moshi-moshi?” she answered.  “Sayu?”

“You’re so slow, Onee-chan!” a piercing voice yelled through the phone.  “It took you five rings to pick up!”

“Gomen ne,” Ai laughed softly.  “I was working a little in Tresor… I left a note for you on the fridge because you were still sleeping.  Did you see it?”

“Yeah, I saw it,” Sayumi said coldly.  “But what am I supposed to eat for breakfast?  You know I don’t cook.”

“Ah, gomen!” Ai gasped.  “I forgot to tell you.  I made some omelets before I left.  It’s wrapped up inside the bottom shelf of the fridge.  Just put it in the microwave and press reheat.  Okay?”

“You’re always so forgetful,” the stepsister muttered, irritation obvious in her tone.

“Gomen ne,” Ai apologized again, chuckling to herself.  “Ah, and just a reminder: I’m going to be a little late today since I’m starting work at the Bijou company building.  You remember, right?”

“Of course, I remember,” Sayumi spat out.  “I’m not a scatterbrained baka like you!”

The phone clicked and a dial tone followed.  Ai sighed as she hung up her cell phone.  She walked back to the counter to put it away in her purse as Eri raised an eyebrow.

“Great family~” she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.  “Really felt the sisterly love when I heard her scream through the phone.”

“Give her a break,” Ai chuckled.  “She’s just not used to taking care of herself.  Sayu really isn’t all that bad; she has her nice moments.  So play nice.”

“Hey, when have I ever not played nice with her?” Eri said.  “I’ve never been mean to her, no matter how rude she was to you and me.  For the past four years, ever since I first met her when she was fresh out of high school, I have been nothing but a sweet angel.”

“Yeah, I know,” Ai grinned.  “And I appreciate it.”

“There’s nothing to appreciate,” Eri shrugged.  “If my you, my best friend, insist that she’s your precious stepsister and family… well then, I consider Sayu my friend as well.  No matter how spoiled she is.  I care enough about her to put up with her more-often-than-not evilness.”

“Well, I’m sure Sayu is glad to have you, too,” Ai claimed.  “She just doesn’t know how to show it.”

“Yeah, yeah, okay,” Eri said nonchalantly before laughing with her friend.  “Nee, it’s almost time to open.  Shouldn’t you get going?”

“Ah.  Sou da.”

As she quickly checked the clock on the wall, the older girl slung her bag over her shoulder.  Just then, the turtle gasped as though she remembered something and quickly skittered behind the counter.  She dug through the hidden shelves for a while before popping back up with a stack of flyers, which she placed on the counter beside the cash register.

“Ai-chan, could you just tack one of these on the door on your way out?” Eri asked, handing a flyer to her friend. 

“Sure, no problem.”  Ai received the flashy advertisement and read the words aloud.  “‘Club Romeo… Ladies Night’?  What’s this for?”

“I don’t know, some club a couple blocks down is having a promotion thing,” Eri shrugged.  “Free admission for ladies tonight, apparently.  Manager-san gave them to me to distribute to costumers.  All the stores on this street are handing out the flyers.”

“Eh… so they do promotions like this… Ladies Night?” Ai mumbled to herself.  “Are you going, Eri?”

“I don’t know,” the turtle sighed.  “I kind of want to check it out; it’s been a while since I’ve gone clubbing.  But then again, I don’t want to be there by myself so…”  Suddenly, Eri gasped again before a wide grin spread across her lips.  “Nee, Ai-chan… let’s go together!”

“Eh~?!  Zettai muri da yo~” Ai disapproved, shaking her head.  “That’s impossible.  I haven’t gone clubbing since college…”

“Which is precisely why we should go!” Eri persisted.  “Come on, Ai-chan, you’re always working and busily working through life.  You should just drop everything for one night and relax.  We have to party while we’re still young, right?”

“Even so…”

“Daijoubu~” Eri smiled.  “It’ll be good for you to have some fun.  We’ll have a girls’ night out, just the two of us.  How about it?”

“Well… it has been a while since I took a break…” Ai said slowly.

“That’s the attitude!” the turtle cheered, clapping her hands together.  “I’ll meet you at your apartment, 9 o’clock?”

“Alright, then,” the older woman chuckled.  “Mata ne.”

As her friend waved goodbye, Ai turned and walked towards the exit.  Truth be told, this club party sounded pretty good to her at the moment.  She had always been so focused on work and money that she rarely got time to take a breather.  So since this party was free… why not go, right?

A single taxi pulled into a fairly quiet apartment complex.  The children playing in the parking lot stopped what they were doing and watched a short-haired girl get out of the cab.  They immediately knew she was not from around their area; not many people lived in the complex so everybody knew everyone, and the children had never seen this girl before.  The apartments were only four stories high, and there were not many buildings clustered together in the first place, so it was a rather small neighborhood. 

The visitor quickly walked towards the open trunk and took out her luggage.  She closed the trunk and gently tapped on it to let the driver know everything was clear, and the cab drove off.  The girl looked around a little, observing her surroundings, and caught some of the children staring at her.  She smiled brightly and beckoned with her hands for them to come over. 

The children looked at each other for a while, each one remembering their mother’s warning to never follow a stranger.  But this girl’s smile was so sweet and reassuring that she couldn’t possibly be a bad person.  Plus, they were just going to go talk to her; it wasn’t technically “following”.  When she started to offer them candy and lure them into a car, then they would start to worry.

So the children slowly walked over to the older girl who was still smiling pleasantly at them.  Her straight light brown hair was cut up to her narrow shoulders which accentuated her thinness even more.  She wore a one-piece that looked like a large t-shirt but was actually a casual dress that had an English logo written on it.  When the children approached her, she bent down to get eye-level with them.

“Nee, nee,” she started, her voice surprisingly low-pitched in comparison to her cute face, “do you kids maybe know where Niigaki Risa lives?”

“Ah, Niigaki-san?” one girl exclaimed in a squeaky voice.  “I know where she lives!”

“Baka, don’t just tell her that!” another girl with an extremely husky voice interjected.  “She’s a stranger!”  This girl was shorter than the other girl, yet she seemed to be the leader out of all the kids. 

“But—”

“Just stay quiet, Maa-chan,” the husky-voiced girl ordered.  She turned to the older girl and crossed her arms across her chest as she straightened her back, as though she was an intimidating adult.  She shot the older girl a doubtful look and spoke with a certain charisma and attitude.  “Who wants to know?”

The older girl smiled.  “Oh, don’t worry, I’m a friend.  In fact, I’m going to be living with Niigaki-san from now on.  So you might as well get used to me.”

The leader-girl narrowed her eyes at the older girl with the unfaltering smile.  The squeaky-voiced girl pulled on her friend’s sleeve gently.

“Kuduu, just tell her,” she mumbled.  “She’s not a bad person.  I can tell.”

“… Fine,” the girl called Kuduu muttered.  “Niigaki-san lives on the second floor in that building.  201.”

“Arigatou na~”

As the squeaky-voiced girl called Maa-chan waved at her happily, the older girl smiled one last time and grabbed a hold of her luggage again to roll it out of the parking lot and onto the sidewalk.  She continued into the apartment building in front of her and pressed the elevator button.  As it was only one flight up, it took her very little time to arrive at her destination.  Taking a deep breath of preparation, the girl pushed the door bell to home 201.  A muffled voice came from behind the door followed by the sound of rushing footsteps. 

Then, the door creaked open to reveal a short woman with ruffled dark brown hair that had obviously been slept on.  Although her features were aged enough for one to tell she was well past her teenage years, the size of her face that barely filled her palm told otherwise.  She was dressed in jeans and a wrinkled t-shirt, as though she had been in the process of changing out of her pajamas.  As she set her eyes upon her visitor, the woman’s eyes widened as a huge grin spread across her lips.

“Aika!” she exclaimed, rushing forward to hug her arrived friend.  “Oshisashiburi!”

“Oshisashiburi, Gaki-san!” the younger girl laughed, embracing her friend back.  “It’s so good to finally see you!”

“Look at you!” Risa cooed¸ leaning back to take a good look at her visitor.  “The last time I saw you, you were still only this tall!”  She put her hand out below her chest and laughed.  Aika pouted.

“Mou, Gaki-san… That was five years ago!” she moaned.  “I was only 14 back then.  Of course I got taller.”

“And even then, you were still quite the adult,” the bean grinned.  “I was supposed to be your babysitter but I think our roles were kind of flipped most of the time, don’t you think?”

“Stop making fun of me and help get this in,” Aika grumbled, rolling her eyes.  She struggled to drag her luggage into her friend’s home as Risa reached out and helped her pull it in. 

“This is all you brought?” the older girl questioned, raising an eyebrow.  “You’re moving in permanently, not taking a short vacation.”

“I don’t need much to get by,” the younger girl shrugged.  “Besides, I couldn’t very well bring all my belongings up to Tokyo from Shiga.  If I need something, I’ll just buy it here.”

When the luggage was parked in the living room, the bean went into the kitchen as the younger girl followed.  Risa turned on the faucet to wash her hands and yelled over the running water.

“You’re kind of here early,” she said.  “I wasn’t expecting you until noon.”

“Yeah, I ended up taking an earlier train,” Aika replied, taking a seat at the small table.  “I thought of calling to let you know but I wanted to surprise you!”

“You should’ve called!  What if you had gotten lost?”  Risa turned the water off and wiped her hands dry on a paper towel.  “Tokyo is a big place: you can easily get lost.”

“It’s fine, Gaki-san,” the younger girl reassured.  “I used a map, I asked around, I took a cab, and a couple of kids in the parking lot helped me out.”

“Kids?”

“They called each other ‘Maa-chan’ and ‘Kuduu’…” Aika reminisced.  “The one with the husky-voice acted all big like an adult.  You know them?”

“Ah~ You’re talking about Satou Masaki-chan and Kudou Haruka-chan,” Risa grinned.  “They’re just kids who live in the neighborhood.  Kudou actually kind of reminds me of you: it’s like a tiny grown-up lives inside of a child’s body.”

“Mou, you’re making fun of me again…” Aika muttered, putting her elbows on the table and balancing her chin on her hands. 

“Well, look at you now,” Risa continued, taking a seat across her friend.  “19 years old and all grown up.  I can’t believe you’re already going to college.”

“You better believe it since that’s the reason why I’m here,” Aika smiled.  “Thanks again for letting me live in your place, Gaki-san.  College tuition made my parents cut back a lot and boarding fees in Tokyo definitely wouldn’t have helped the cause… You really saved me.”

“Hey, we’ve known each other for over ten years,” Risa replied, giving a warm smile.  “You may be five years younger than me, but you’re one of my closest friends.  It’s the least I can do for you.”

“I’m glad you feel that way,” the younger girl smiled brightly.  “You don’t have to worry about anything: my parents will still pay for half the electricity bills and stuff like that.  And I’ll commute to school daily on the bus.  You’ll barely notice I’m here.”

“Hey, that’s not what I want!” Risa chuckled.  “I’m happy you’re here, Aika.  I’ve been living alone for a while now, ever since I moved out, and it’s been getting kind of lonely.  It’s nice to have company.”

“… Arigatou.”  The younger girl grinned before exclaiming, “Gaki-san, saikou!  Daisuki da yo!”

“Watashi mo!” Risa replied.  The two friends laughed together some more before the older girl stood up and walked over to the pantry to see what was in there.  Aika watched her as she spoke up again.

“Nee, Gaki-san… don’t you have work today?”

“Oh, didn’t I tell you?” the bean answered, taking out a box of cereal from the pantry.  “I quit my job at the nail salon.  I’m starting a new job tomorrow.”

“Really?  Where?”

“Wait for it… wait for it…”  Risa grinned as she attempted to build up the suspense, taking slow steps towards the younger girl.  “Bijou cosmetics!”

The sound of a mouth dropping open with a pop resonated in the kitchen.  Aika blinked furiously as she stared at the bean.

“Bijou cosmetics?!” she shrilled.  “That huge fashion company?  Are you serious?!  You landed a job in BIJOU COSMETICS?!”

“Well, it’s still only a paid intern job,” Risa laughed.  “Technically, I’m not a full employee yet.  They want to watch me for a couple weeks before making the final decision to hire me or not.”  Then, she held up the box of cereal in her hand and shook it a little.  “Did you have breakfast yet?  Do you want some?”

“Breakfast is not the important thing here, Gaki-san!” Aika yelled, still in awe of the news.

“I guess that means you’re not hungry…” Risa mumbled under her breath, chuckling.

“This is incredible, Gaki-san!” Aika exclaimed, ignoring her older friend’s side comment.  “It’s always been your dream to work in the fashion industry.  And Bijou cosmetics is huge, too: they handle everything from fashion to make-up to nails… This could be your big break!”

“Hey, I’m just happy to be finally given the chance to do what I want to do,” Risa laughed.  “I’m going to do my best so I can get hired.”

“I’m sure you can do it!” Aika said energetically.  “Ganbatte ne!  I’ll be rooting for you!”

“Arigatou,” Risa chuckled.  “Now if you’ll excuse me… I really need some breakfast.”
After placing the box of corn flakes on the table, the bean went back to the dish rack to take out a bowl and a spoon.  She continued on to the refrigerator to grab a carton of milk and came back to the kitchen table.  As she sat down and started to fix herself a bowl of cold cereal, the younger girl watched her intently, chewing on her lips, as though she had something to say.  Seeming to come upon a decision, Aika dug into her shirt pocket and took out a piece of paper.

“Nee, nee, Gaki-san,” she said in a low voice, “I have a favor to ask!”

Risa looked up and narrowed her eyes.  “I know that look,” she said slowly, ceasing to pour her milk midway.  “Don’t get mischievous with me.”

“It’s nothing like that!” Aika insisted.  “Just a quick favor… as a friend?”

Risa sighed, a worrisome expression evident on her face.  “Alright, what is it?”

A huge grin appeared on Aika’s face as she quickly unfolded the piece of paper in her hand and laid it out on the table for the older girl to see.  It was an advertisement for a club, promoting a free-entry night for ladies only.  Risa raised an eyebrow as she read the words aloud.

“Club Romeo?” she inquired.  “Where did you find this?”

“It was posted all over the train station and the stores I passed by on the way here,” Aika answered.  “It’s a Ladies Night tonight, so it’s free for all girls!”

“And your point…?

Aika suddenly jumped forward to lean in close to Risa with a pleading expression.  The bean almost fell back in her seat in reaction as her eyes widened in shock.  “Can we PLEASE go tonight?  Please, please, please?”

“Chotto matte yo, Aika…” Risa groaned, frustrated that her prediction was correct.  “Aren’t you still underage?”

“Only by a year!” Aika argued.  “Besides, people tell me I look and sound old for my age.  They’ll never notice!”

“Mitsui Aika, I am NOT letting you do this,” Risa said firmly.  “How am I supposed to face your mother if I let you go clubbing when you’re not even a legal adult yet?”

“Come on, Gaki-san~” the younger girl whined.  “It’s not uncommon for girls my age to sneak into a club.  I just want a small taste of freedom since I’m independent now.  So give me a break, just tonight.  Please, please, pretty please with cherry on top?  Onegai!”

Aika clapped her hands together and bowed her head in desperation, begging her older friend to approve of her desires.  Risa clicked her tongue as she tapped her fingers on the kitchen table, deep in thought.  She actually didn’t mind so much that Aika wanted to go clubbing; like she said, it was perfectly natural for girls her age to want a taste of what the adult world was like.  The bean still remembered when she had graduated high school herself and had wanted to try alcohol before she was legal.  And since this was Aika she was thinking about… she had no doubt that the girl was capable of taking care of herself.  No, that was not the issue at hand.  The issue was that Risa wasn’t sure if she herself wanted to go clubbing.  She occasionally did enjoy parties, but for some reason, clubbing had never really been one of her favorite activities.  It was just never interesting enough for her. 

“… I still don’t know, Aika,” Risa sighed.  “I know you can behave yourself and all that but… I’m starting my new job tomorrow too.  I don’t want to stay out too late.”

“Don’t worry, you won’t,” the puppy quickly replied.  “We’ll just hang around for a little while.  I just want to see what it’s like.  Nee?  Nee?  Gaki-san~”

Risa pursed her lips together before exhaling deeply in surrender.  Silently, she went back to pouring milk into her half-soggy cereal and started to munch down her breakfast.  Taking this as a sign of approval, Aika silently celebrated her success by clapping her hands gently and grinning.  As she watched her friend from the corner of her eyes, Risa smiled a little and shook her head at how helpless she was when it came to her childhood friend. 

Maybe one party wouldn’t be so bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you caught all the "Romeo and Juliet" and "Cinderella" references?   XD
Check the trailers again if you want to see who correlates with this character and stuff :D

Here's to the start of a successful fanfic!  :omamori: :prayers: :D

:byebye: :sleep:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:05:39 AM by SarangAi »

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Juliet and Cinderella ~ [UPDATE - Chapter 1 - (2/27)]
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2012, 04:47:05 AM »
Ai-chan is ... Cinderella! The Romeo and Juliet references were much more subtle, lol.

So, I'm totally looking forward to this. I can't wait to see what you have planned, especially since we're missing a kitten's intro, lol. I wonder what the pairings will be...?

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
I'm going to try doing these kind of reviews from now on... :3

“Oh come on, Eri,” Ai laughed.  “Tresor may only be a small clothing boutique, but you still can’t do all the work around here.  And every time I leave you alone, you never open on time.”
Kame the fashion designer? ちょっと懐かしい、な? -thinks back to another SarangAi story-

Ai smiled at her friend again, grateful for the concern she was showing.  It was true; although Ai used to live alone in her apartment, she had been living together with her stepsister for the past three years, ever since she moved in after high school graduation.  Her younger stepsister was the daughter of Ai’s late father’s new wife who had joined the family with her mother back when she was still just a kid.  Ai had already been in middle school by then so she had tried to get alone with her new sibling, but the stepsister was a brat who never showed a kind heart to her new older sister.  Still, Ai had never treated her stepsister in any manner other than pure warmth, for she valued family no matter how horrible they were.
... Reina? Sayu? :x  :? Not sure if important character or.... -maimed-

And the very epitome of horror, indeed.  Her stepmother was simply not a kind woman, and after her loving father had passed away by a car accident, her treatment of little Ai only got worse.  She never failed to continuously enslave Ai with chores and work to do, until she entered college and moved out to Tokyo by herself.  Even so, Ai’s stepmother did little to pay for her stepdaughter’s tuition or anything else she needed while she paid fully for her daughter’s expenses in living at Tokyo.  That daughter was no different from her mother as she treated her older sister like a servant as well, all the while only caring for herself selfishly.  She had claimed that the only reason she decided to live in the same home as Ai was so that she wouldn’t have to do the housework herself.  But Ai did not show any distaste at this, for she decided that there was nothing wrong with herself being the only person to take care of her own home.  It was as though her stepsister was a guest and she was to be treated as such.
I hope it's not Reina or Sayu!!  :angry: :angry: :angry:

“Speak of the devil.”
Don't tell me...

“Moshi-moshi?” she answered.  “Sayu?”
:doh: Oh Sayu...

“Which is precisely why we should go!” Eri persisted.  “Come on, Ai-chan, you’re always working and busily working through life.  You should just drop everything for one night and relax.  We have to party while we’re still young, right?”
She's right, Ai-chan!! Go party!! Go dance!! Get drunk!! -brings out camera-  :cow:

The children looked at each other for a while, each one remembering their mother’s warning to never follow a stranger.  But this girl’s smile was so sweet and reassuring that she couldn’t possibly be a bad person.  Plus, they were just going to go talk to her; it wasn’t technically “following”.  When she started to offer them candy and lure them into a car, then they would start to worry.
I loled

So the children slowly walked over to the older girl who was still smiling pleasantly at them.  Her straight light brown hair was cut up to her narrow shoulders which accentuated her thinness even more.  She wore a one-piece that looked like a large t-shirt but was actually a casual dress that had an English logo written on it.  When the children approached her, she bent down to get eye-level with them.
A~i~KAAAAAAAA >D

“Baka, don’t just tell her that!” another girl with an extremely husky voice interjected.  “She’s a stranger!”  This girl was shorter than the other girl, yet she seemed to be the leader out of all the kids.
Jyuukies? Cameo? Squeaky voice is MASAKI <3 Masaki and Aika together, even if just for a short time... やっぱり、これが幸せだな~ :cathappy:

She turned to the older girl and crossed her arms across her chest as she straightened her back, as though she was an intimidating adult.  She shot the older girl a doubtful look and spoke with a certain charisma and attitude.
Haruka down to a T... lol

“Ah~ You’re talking about Satou Masaki-chan and Kudou Haruka-chan,” Risa grinned.  “They’re just kids who live in the neighborhood.  Kudou actually kind of reminds me of you: it’s like a tiny grown-up lives inside of a child’s body.”
Ma~sa~ki~<3 -ignore me, I'm happy...- :wub: Kudou actually is a lot like Aika now that I think about it xD

“Wait for it… wait for it…”  Risa grinned as she attempted to build up the suspense, taking slow steps towards the younger girl.  “Bijou cosmetics!”
Yup, TakaGaki xD And to think I even considered thinking it was anything else xD (<3)

Aika suddenly jumped forward to lean in close to Risa with a pleading expression.  The bean almost fell back in her seat in reaction as her eyes widened in shock.  “Can we PLEASE go tonight?  Please, please, please?”
Yes!! Please, please, pleeeeease?

Maybe one party wouldn’t be so bad.
Now that's the spirit!

I don't think I'm really cut out for these types of reviews -just types what passes through her head while she reads it-

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline risa_ai

• Member+
  • Matsui, Midget, Gaki and random breadcrumbs~
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »
Ahh!! Chapter 1 was uploaded!! *dances around
Wait, ai-chan's a janitor? And she's working with risa? *gives hopeful eyes
Is that takagaki? :p i'm interested. :D
TAKAGAKI! Hopefully, it is, though. I've been missing loads on takagaki!~

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
So it's TakaGaki after all, hehe

Though I still expect Gaki to be with her ReinaRomeo

Love the story so far, keep it up!
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
YES! so .... it`s TakaGaki again nee~?

i know you it, you can`t fool me

yeah you are very cool :P but i don`t know who eri is and what about Reina is she the host for the club or something?
lol i only ask questions i will found out

and ya proud for me commenting again xD

Offline Tian_Yuan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • W~Matsui~
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
I hope everything is okay with you! I read your post and now i see chapter 1 is already up. I am glad u like writig the fics as much as we enjoy reading them. I just want to say i don't mind to wait as long as it means i will eventually get to read more of your work!

Since chapter 1 is long~ i will read it tonight on the pc! Can't wait! And as always thank you! :twothumbs

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
You made me scream in the morning, the day I had a final exam in the morning :bleed eyes:
I waited too long, really.
Finally you'd got a chappie.
Aichan and evil(?) bunny stepsister with a turtle as fashion designer :heart:
It's look like your first fiction...Maybe I'm wrong :nervous
Another part, you have Aika with Gaki-han :inlove: :wub:
On the other hand, you have Maa-chan and little Kuduu be the neighbor, my favorite 10ki :inlove: :inlove:

Thanks for your hard working, waiting for the next chap likes always. :inlove:

Offline all6th

• Problem kids own the World! Go for 6th gen momusu!
  • ecchi
  • Otsukarei~ desu!
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »
woaaahhh, a very good start author-san  XD I love it!!! so, TAKAGAKI huh? Great, I loved those two  :thumbsup

But, but..

You put Sayu as a bad stepsister??  :cry: Hopefully she ain't that bad, I meant, she's actually a good girl but acting cold because of one or another reason..  :bow:

another chapter pleaseeeeee.. and please put a hint to another couple  :otomerika:

Offline Tian_Yuan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • W~Matsui~
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 01:39:45 AM »
love the 10th gen cameo! What an awesome first chapter! I am glad the couples are going to be different this time~ I have my suspicions after reading the chapter and rewatching the trailers.. but I am not sure  :nervous

I am curious about Reina since she wasn't in the first chapter... @.@ I love having Sayu be the mean one~ Ai and Eri as friends is also really good.. Not sure about Aika yet.. Let's see if you can win me over! thanks!  :lol:

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:46 AM »
Oi~iiiiii!~  You make my day better SarangAi! TakaGaki ftw!~ :D  Sayu as the evil stepsister...with that cursed poison tongue of hers!  I'm surprised Ai's been able to deal with her!  I'd want to kick her (and kick her out) within a few minutes!~

So they're gonna go clubbing huh?  Alcohol? XD  Just kidding.  Aichan is our Cindy-relly huh? 

I hope we don't go all Romeo and Juliet and have everyone die in the end XD  That would su~uuuuuck. Hope I didn't spoil anyone who hasn't read Romeo and Juliet XD

I cheered when I saw an update.  And I cheered loudly.  I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE~

P.S:  Thank you for including Tresor!  I wish it were real~
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:26:18 AM by mochi.rini »
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
^ your comment about RoxJu made me laugh  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I hope the ending won't be bad.. Oops, a spoiler  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline XxRoByNxX78

• Member+
  • Nogizaka46 Nishino and Shiraishi <3
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
i loved this chapter loads i am sort of hoping for Renia and Sayu couple and i am routing for takagaki i cant wait till your next update thanks for this chapter you have loads of talent and i cant wait till the next update when you can  :thumbsup

Offline nighell

• ecchi
  • Member+
hehe dream no longer!  :D
i'm lucky  8)2
The first chapter ended. So much food for thought. The main pairing - here everything is clear, though not 100% guarantee. I have thoughts on this subject :glasses:
What will happen with the other pairing ... I will be hope fingers crossed 
Sorry for my bad English

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat