JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - sweet suicide summer story

Author Topic: Official NCAA Football Thread  (Read 83191 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: Official NCAA Football Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »
surprised texas allowed TCU to join the Big 12.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »
^ I was more surprised that TCU had first accepted an invitation to the Big East, maybe Boise should go to the Big 12 too :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2011, 06:36:08 AM »
Next level streaking! as a FAKE REF LMFAO!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #244 on: October 23, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
Oklahoma's streak of home wins comes to an end!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2011, 04:35:53 AM »
Wow JoePa fired. o_O

50 years as coach at Penn State but it was the right decision with that mess they got there.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2011, 05:05:43 AM »
Wow JoePa fired. o_O

50 years as coach at Penn State but it was the right decision with that mess they got there.

I agree to the decision, I thought they would let him do this last one for his players but with everything, everyone needs to know the truth.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »
^ are you fucking kidding? He was covering for a pedophile. He did the proper channels "I reported to the Athletic Director" but DUDE is PSU. Shit. What a sad fall from grace. him being fired is just all the pressure. "Oh i fucking retire" earlier this morning was a joke, just him giving a big "Fuck You" to the whole system.

The whole scene last night with fucking blind ass Penn State students rooting him and Joe Paterno fucking oblivious to the fuck is going and even leading a rallying cry. This is like all kinds of wrong with College Athletics - it's about the brand and the money and people are fucking afraid to speak out in fear of their jobs, tarnishing the legacy and the millions the colleges bring in.

There's one thing to have someone's back, but you just have to separate blind loyalty to harbouring a fucking criminal. Just fucking ridiculous. Forget the whole "Joe Pa" "Penn State" legacy - it's a fucking repeat child molester caught ass raping a kid in the shower and all the fucking levels from the Grad Assistant who witnessed that makes-you-wanna-kill-a-man incident instead runs to tell his daddy. Jesus. Like the more you hear, the more disgusting it gets; like dude Sandusky was reprimanded, forced retirement and then held his "camps" at satellite colleges, and even still shows up at the PSU gym working out. How many kids are fucked up cuz of him?

Must be embarrassing for all PSU grads. Just all this wall to wall coverage makes you disgusted and wanna puke. Fuck you better believe I will reconsider sending my kids to some kinda camp like these, esp. hearing it for over a decade of fucking kids being lured at hockey rinks like the Graham James-Theo Fleury-Sheldon Kennedy incidents, this just trumps them all.

Hey, this is a sports forum and we don't skirt issues.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
^ yes, he did, but I thought they would at least let him do one more game for the seniors before letting him go to the dogs.  But just thinking back to the previous coaches who have been fired for other stuff, it shows that the universities have an agenda: if they don't like him, they will fire him when he screws up. (Bowden, Leach, Locksley, Stoops, etc.)  However, they had to show that he wasn't in control of the situation, and in the end they did what was right.

Now, before you do going off, remember coaches rarely last long and despite everything they have shown that once you past a certain age, they will go on releasing people at will.  Now, I have read through past stories and the main reason has been, they cannot stand the current era.  Many would have been fired for anything stupid.

Joe Pa did something "morally wrong" not legally wrong.  If there was something beyond that reasoning, he would have been fired earlier.  But, what does surprise me is the grad assistant hasn't been released yet, who is in the middle of the whole thing.  Whatever was told to Joe Pa, he still had more reason to be blamed than anything else. 

I have heard stories similar to this and everyone who did know got the ax and in the position of power, they should be take full responsibility for anything done under their watch.  He didn't do that and what he should have done, he didn't do.  But, I do think the universities sometimes are the ones who should take the grunt of the unpopular crowd.

I have to also add this, students will always have blind loyalty to coaches, and we do get disappointed when a popular coach decides to leave or gets forced out.  That's the college way, you can go ask Sab about our situation here, WE HAVE NO PRO SPORTS and it is way different  than professionals.  The fans are mainly students and alumni, we are the vocal majority in numbers but not on the school board.  The students see it as a way to rid of the stench because he (Sandusky) was open to come back, which should have been solved when the first of the allegations started to come out.  Now, maybe something very familiar is with Vick, we could believe him all he want because of his on the field achievements, but we forget that they are not 24/7 sports people and he made a mistake, the process is long and it may never win over the people that once cheered for him.  Its just trying to move himself beyond the off the field incident, as for Paterno, he didn't commit a crime, just the moral faux pas that humans rarely overlook. 

Now in saying this, he's on the field achievements is set in stone, he got the records probably no one will ever beat because of the "win now" mentality in college football these days.  As for off the field, it will haunt him, no doubt it will, but as humans we do overlook the process that what morally should be done because of the occupation we hold as our title.  I really feel there is more into the cover up than what is being reported, many just want to know if Joe Pa got the truth from the Grad assistant in the right context.  And I do think the university has made it tougher to the public to understand what had happened.  For him, it is truly regrettable and he will pass on with the doubt that what he shoulda coulda done compared to what had happened during that time
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:58:34 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sandusky-grand-jury-presentment.pdf

I might as well forward this along and pretty much it says that Paterno misinterpret the information given based on either him or the grad assistant.  However, if all in here was true to Sandusky's status, it could be bigger than just a football issue.  Anyone who is an emiterus of the university has access to all privileges to where they were once active.  However, the deepest wound might be the fact that the police may have overlooked the importance of the situation, not only the university is at fault but the people handling the situation could fall the same way as all the people at the university
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »
I dunno how you can compare to what you compared to. What. This is fucking unprecedented. This isn't just another crime or firing. Child molestation/raping in a shower. What hesitation or misinterpretation do you need? Kids lives are ruined. if they still haven't killed themselves, they are living fucked up lives, drug addicted, alcoholics, just fucking horrors I cannot imagine.

Anyone who is an emiterus of the university has access to all privileges to where they were once active.

Even when they are suspected pedophiles since 1998? You bet they missed the ball on this. Zero tolerance to such sickness. Dem Penn State kids rioting. Really? Just check a few trends on twitter and get the facts. There is no comparison. This is unreal. It's a big fuck you to the kids and their families who have to live with this horror.

I agree with former NFLer Heath Evans, http://www.heathevans.org Heard him on Jim Rome show today. Just blow the fucking program up. How do people even root for the team? If the NCAA can death penalty programs for players taking bribes, what is the standards anymore? Just fucked up, beyond football man.

"The Heath Evans Foundation is dedicated to fostering hope and healing in the lives of children and families affected by sexual abuse through Christian counseling and intervention."

Read this. http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201111/former-nfl-fullback-heath-evans-his-wifes-childhood-abuse-and-limits-football

Former NFL Fullback Heath Evans On His Wife's Childhood Abuse And The Limits Of Loyalty
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:44 pm
Written by: Heath Evans

I played in the SEC. I fully understand football as a religion. I'm completely aware of head coaches being viewed as immortals. I also comprehend the love and adoration alumni have for their respective universities. All that being said, there is no room for loyalty at the expense of a moral standard that should be upheld regardless of the cost -- no matter what's at stake or whom it may indict.

I was not put on this earth to judge, but to love. Nevertheless, sometimes while doing the right thing in the name of love, you can be cast as judgmental. So despite the possibility of being misunderstood or labeled as judgmental, I refuse to back away from the truths I know all too well. My beautiful bride of more than 10 years, Beth Ann, experienced the pain of childhood sexual abuse for a year of her life. She hid the pain, shame and guilt inside for far too long. When we were married, it had a profoundly negative impact, but we found hope and healing through quality counseling. Today, we are still on the road to recovery -- together.

One of the ways I express my love for her is through the Heath Evans Foundation, which provides counseling for others and raises awareness about some of the truths of childhood sexual abuse:

Truth: 1 of 4 girls and 1 of 6 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18.

Truth: There is no neutral ground in fighting childhood sexual abuse. You either stand against it or stand for it.

Truth: Bystanders to abuse might as well have been participants in Jerry Sandusky's alleged rape and sexual assault of at least eight boys from 1998 to the late 2000s.

Loyalty is key in every successful way of life. In business, friendship, family and, yes, even football. Loyalty might be the greatest asset to any championship football team. It is also part of what makes a great coaching staff. True loyalty exhibits itself in many ways on a team and a coaching staff. For instance, Monday night after a tough loss at home, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid blamed himself and praised Michael Vick. Meanwhile, Vick took full responsibility for the loss and heaped praise on Reid -- loyalty at its finest.

Loyalty does not stand by and turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to heinous crimes against children. Loyalty does not take the easy way out of an uncomfortable situation. Loyalty does not place more value on friendship or public perception than on what is morally right and wrong!

Lies get you in trouble. Telling further lies to get you out of the first one only dig a deeper pit. Most of us can understand the impulse to "deny, deny, deny" no matter how guilty we are.

One of the most troubling aspects of this Penn State scenario is the fans who remain loyal to the university and Joe Paterno. Einstein said, "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it!" Just in case you miss the point of one of the smartest men in the modern era, those who stand by Paterno out of loyalty are a key ingredient in the evil we are discussing today.

Einstein also defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We want the world to be a safe place, but we continually stand by and allow evil to rear its ugly head. I'm definitely not Einstein, but I'm not insane either. We, as a society, have stood by and repeatedly swept the epidemic of childhood sexual abuse under the rug hoping for it to disappear on its own. Well, guess what? It's only gotten worse!

The call to action is now. Ask yourself: If that was my son, my brother or my grandson that Jerry Sandusky allegedly had in a dirty college locker-room shower being viciously raped, how would I have wanted Joe Paterno and the administration to respond?

Think about it. Cowardice and Ignorance defining JoePa's legacy. Now he's hiring some big law firm to fight for his name. Just cuz he was loyal to his buddy Sandusky. And from what I hear is just the tip of the iceberg, rumours so far but a pimping ring for wealthy donors?

What. The. Fuck.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
^I can't compare to it, but I remembered the time they were gonna force him out, that is what I wanted to get out in general.

As for the victims, they feel bad for Joe Pa being fired, but it had to be done for the sake of the university, to distance themselves.  That was the reason why the students rioted, it was how it was done that angered them in the end.  They just needed to read through the lines and seek the story behind the whole thing.

The football program will stay because the NCAA realized that they cannot use the death penalty, it ruined one program, and it doesn't affect the current students as for recruiting.  Also, they will come down with the hammer for the incident and everything will come out.

As for Joe Pa, what they are trying to do is not to binding the responsibility with the school, because the school will take the grunt of the lawsuit when it does come out and Sandusky will get his punishment in criminal law. 

Regardless, they will cheer on for the school because that is the healing for anything that rocks for the schools, it rebuilds the fractured fan base, and in a way winning solves the wrongs in life even if they have strong opinions on the subject.  They still have other sports other than football, and they will cheer on because it is outside the scope of the actions done in that one particular sport
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
Moving on from Penn St.

How about Houston, undefeated, BCS won't give them a chance and they outscore their opponents like Oklahoma St.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201111100106
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
Bob Costas. Greatest Sports Reporter of our time.

The more i hear this shit, the more I wanna see this sick freak in a shower with inmates at the state pen. And the lawyer is a scumbag too, sure gonna help the case now eh!

This really has gotten way beyond football, almost like CSI or some sick fuckin movie....but as Chris Colinsworth said on Jim Rome - what makes this disgusting is that it happened in football, a place where you trust your children to be taught the game.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:55 AM »
^ I agree with you on that fully, it has made him into the right picture so good job Costas

Boise and Stanford loses and now it should give Houston a right away if there is no problem in between now and their championship game.

So, how about a LSU vs. Pokies National Championship game :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2011, 03:23:25 AM »
^ That is not gonna happen :lol:

The rematch is on for the National Championship, not one of the better ones but it has to be better than 9-6 :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45:02 AM »
RGIII wins the Heisman, congrads to the first Baylor player to win the award

And with Navy/Army done, we can start the bowl season, 35 games within three weeks, and many not caring who shall win or lose :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2012, 05:33:56 AM »
BAMA WINS!
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
RIP Joe Paterno

Such a tragedy ... Paterno mos def passed away to a broken heart, football his life and that loyalty be legendary, but that one mistake of sick fuck Sandusky, he so old school that he probably couldn't even fathom what was going on. WHO KNOWS? ....can't even believe he even got to release a statement. Disgusting.

Good to see some good college players come thru the ranks like The Heisman Winner, Robert Griffin III

"The hotter the heat, the harder the steel No pressure, no diamonds We compete, we win WE ARE BAYLOR" -RGIII.

Lookin forward to The Combines! Andrew Luck better be good enuff to kick Peyton out :/

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »
^ They can match personalities XD

Texas shall get a statue of Ricky Williams

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texas-williamsstatue
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - sweet suicide summer story