JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Bakkanaru Time

Author Topic: And so the Morning... (Chapter 6 - 9/15)  (Read 9634 times)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 5 - 9/2)
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »
Gosh that was so sweet  :wub:

Morning Musume may not be anymore, but the family behind it had finally returned to their place, beside each other.
I :heart: this line. But I still want MM back *wailing*

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
Okay, yeah, you've got one heck of a lazy reader... Me. xD Anyway, I've been following your fic from day one, and I like~ :3 Sad about MM disbanding, but the get together was great. THEY'LL MAKE A COMEBACK!

...And hoorah for producer Eri! She got everyone together again. Good ol' turtle. XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 12:51:57 AM »
 :farofflook: I love it. The reunion, the emotions, the musume! More more!  :cow:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Side story Chapter 1 - 9/4)
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:15 AM »
Ok readers - time for some side stories. The first set will follow AiLin. I hope no one has trouble with the time shift. Enjoy - and please comment!

Side story 01 – Part 1

Light, like the limbs of a tree, filled the sky. It was night and the moon was full, though no one could tell it. Clouds hung low over the city of Tokyo. The sounds of thunder echoed off of the steel and glass monoliths that sprung forth into the night sky. Rain, like tear drops, ran down the windows of a darkened apartment. Two figures sat on the couch, one sitting up, and the other laying with her head in the other’s lap. A long since thawed cold compress had fallen off the swollen cheek of the girl who had lain down, while the other girl dozed, her head falling forward every so often, her hand absently running itself through the other’s hair.

A clap of thunder boomed closer to the apartment window. The window rattled a bit due to the exploding air disturbing the sleep of the girl lying on the couch. She blinked a bit in the darkness, trying to get her bearings. The dull pain from her cheek flashed back into her psyche, still foggy with sleep. The fog lifted when she felt a hand moving gently through her hair, almost caressing her face and neck. She glanced up and saw the dozing girl, in whose lap her head now lay. The momentary light flashing in through the window would cast shadows across the sleeping girl’s face, but also just enough light for Ai to see sure sign of tears. The memories of the past day flashed through her mind as her had gingerly rubbed her swollen cheek.

Another thunderclap woke the other sleeping girl, her head snapping up, and the hand not in Ai’s hair moving up to rub her neck. She groaned a bit, blinking the sleep out of her eyes. She looked down at Ai for a moment before realizing what her hand was doing, which she instantly removed.

“You didn’t have to stop…” Ai pouted.

“Sorry Ai-chan…” Lin laughed shyly.

“Why are you apologizing?” Ai smiled up at Lin.

“I don….are you ok?” Lin picked up the cold compress and was about to go get a fresh one, but Ai wouldn’t move. Instead, she snuggled closer to the other girl.

“Yeah…I’m alright… of course I’m sad about everything…but I have a clear conscience at least…”

Ai looked up at Lin again before continuing.

“Please don’t hate them… don’t hate Reina for this” she pointed to her face, “Don’t….” A tear trickled down the bruised cheek.

Without thinking Lin wiped it gently away. Ai shivered at the touch.

A few moments of silence passed by before either decided to talk.

“Lin… would you like to move in together?... It’ll help financially, and help keep you and me from being lonely.”

“Are those the only reasons you want me to move in?”

“No…” Ai turned her face away from the younger girl, trying to hide the red that was creeping across her face.

“Ok Ai-chan…you convinced me … but who will do the cooking?”

“You better take that amused look off your face… we’ll both do our share.” Ai mock glared at the younger girl after turning back over in her lap.

“Let me go get another compress for your cheek.” Linlin began to stand up, lifting Ai’s head gently.

“No…I don’t need another one…” Ai tried to prevent the other girl from getting up.

“You at least need some medicine.”

“Mou…”

Ai pouted again, but let Lin get up. Lin walked to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen, while Ai sat up, pulling her knees up to her chest. She watched as Lin walked away…

Ai…stop it! She’s 18…

Lin smiled at her on her way back from the medicine cabinet when she noticed Ai looking at her.

…what’s going on with me?...

Ai smiled back, averting her eyes and hiding her face behind her knees. Lin handed her the medicine before rejoining her on the couch.

“Ai-chan… are you sure you’re ok?” Lin’s face betrayed her concern.

“Yes…”

“Are we moving in here?” Lin tried to change the subject when she noticed the expression on Ai’s face.

“No…I want to get out of here…we’ll try and find a new place soon. We’ll stay here until then.”

“Ok Ai-chan… we should get some sleep…even though we napped a bit… I’ll sleep here.”

“No!... I mean…don’t worry about it…we can share – the bed is big enough.” Ai smiled a bit trying to convince the younger girl.

“Ok Ai-chan…” Lin got up and followed Ai to the bedroom.

Ai walked into the bathroom, coming out a few moments later in blue pajama pants. The white camisole she wore caused her skin to glow in the lightning light.

“You can borrow something of mine. We’ll go get your stuff tomorrow.”

Ai handed Lin some clothes to change into. Lin walked into the bathroom and got changed quickly, grabbing her discarded clothing and folding it up. Lin walked back out into the darkness of the bedroom. Ai took her hand and led her to the bed  - her eyes finally adjusting to the darkness when she laid down. The two girls laid side-by-side, facing the ceiling, silence passing between the claps of thunder. Ai rolled onto her side, wrapping her arm around Lin’s torso.

“Thank you Lin-chan…for staying with me…for defending me…” Ai sniffled a bit.

“You don’t need to thank me Ai-chan…”

“Yes I do!” Ai embraced Lin a bit tighter.

Lin wrapped Ai in an embrace of her own, bringing her head to rest on Lin’s chest. Ai laid in Lin’s embrace, her breathing slowly becoming regulating as sleep finally took her. The storm outside passed into nothingness as sleep took the two girls… the storm of memories stayed behind and would take much longer for it to pass…
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:32:30 AM by adventwriter »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Side Story Chapter 1 - 9/4)
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 05:44:12 PM »
Woah Ai's proposal (to move in together) :drool: The things I'd do to hear that from Aichan :lol:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »
AiLin is very popular these days. Oh wait, I think that's because you keep writing them together lol. Even I'm starting to really like them.

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 12:43:19 AM »
I have to say it.. I don't like the AiLin pairing, for me Ai-chan will be always and forever Gaki-san's property  XD XD BUT the background history, the whole Momusu disbanding and coming back together after two years got me hooked, so you should be proud  :P

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »

:cow:  :wub:

Side story 01 – Part 1

They just moved in together, no 'Love' involved, and in chapter 05  Ai addressed Lin as Lin-chan so they're not in a relationship yet  :hehehe:  so there's still hope for TakaGaki  :on lol:  just playing   :grin:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 10:06:57 AM »
To my readers: I know people may not like the AiLin pairing... I'll definitely try to write something different for my next story!

Here is a short second chapter to the side story I have begun. Still providing a little back story for Ai and Lin. Enjoy!

Side Story Chapter 02

Takahashi Ai. In a towel.

Lin’s mouth dropped open and her eyes refused to move from the wet, towel clad vision that stood before her.

I should not be looking at her like this…stop it Lin!

“Lin-chan?...you there?”

Lin’s attention had been so absorbed in the other girl, and the mental struggle to stop looking at her, that she didn’t notice Ai talking to her.

“Oh?...I’m sorry Ai-chan…I didn’t hear you.”

“Nothing.” Ai snickered and sauntered back into the bathroom.

Is she toying with me?... no! … stop your daydreaming Lin! She’s your roommate and friend…nothing  more.

Lin frowned a bit at the last thought.

Wipe that frown off your face…she’s 22, you’re 18…it wouldn’t even be legal.

Lin sighed wistfully. She moved into the kitchen, her mind staying behind, and began to cook some breakfast. Something she had quickly learned to do to help Ai.

“Mmmm…something smells good.” A voice behind Lin said a few minutes later.

“The food is almost ready…”

Ai walked over to the music player, turning the iPod on. A random pop song played…something by BoA. Lin couldn’t identify the song. Her mind was elsewhere. She’d just noticed what Ai was wearing…

Those…shorts are going to be the death of me… I swear she’s toying with me…

“Lin-chan? Are you ok?”

Lin swore she caught the hint of a smirk on the other girl’s face…

“Yes Ai-chan. You ready for some food?”

“Mmmm…sure!”

The two sat at the table in their kitchen sharing a small breakfast of omelet rice. The two munched the quiet moments away – Lin trying not to stare at Ai’s exposed legs, and Ai – well…being Ai. She remained quietly focused throughout the entire meal. Lin continued to pick at her food…chewing slowly, staring into the living room.

“Lin-chan?”

“Hmmm?” Lin jumped a bit hearing her name.

“…Nevermind…”

Ai took her plate into the kitchen leaving Lin wondering what it was she wanted to say.

“Lin-chan…I’m going to take a walk – I might go to the store…do you want anything?”

“Ok Ai-chan… I’ll probably practice the guitar…I probably should. Should I have lunch waiting for you?”

“No… I’ll probably stay out for a while…”

Ai picked up her bag and walked out of the door hurriedly. Lin was curious at the distinct change in manner between the sauntering earlier and the girl who seemed to want to leave as fast as she could.

Did I do anything wrong?

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Side Story Chapter 2 - 9/10)
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
LinLin learning to cook and made omelet rice...isn't that one of Aichan's fav food? :D

Aichan's change in behaviour could be due to her own confusion on her feelings towards LinLin. Oh come on Aichan, the towel & shorts? You were totally flirting, weren't you? XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
Naughty Ai-chan! She must be realizing it's not quite legal either.

....Or is it? :grin:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
Yay! Ai's such a tease  XD

AiLin is cool btw

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
Finally a new update.... I feel a little apprehensive about this chapter....because I think it's cheesy as hell.... so comments would definitely be welcome. Advice too! Chapter 3 of the side  story is a go! - the next update should return to the main story line...and continue the main story.

Side Story Chapter 03

The streets of Tokyo bustled with life, people jostling each other as they walked the sidewalks and crossed the various thoroughfares. Many nameless faces passed through the field of vision of one Takahashi Ai. None of them concerned her. Her mind was back in her apartment, on the girl she had left there.

I should not be feeling like this… Dammit Ai…you had to….she’s too young…

Ai frowned. She walked without purpose, passing building after building, her eyes not registering where her feet led her. Storm clouds rumbled in the distance, coming in off the bay. Still, Ai trekked on.

She may be young...but … I guess I can’t help my feelings… no Ai!...you need to be reasonable…

Ai laughed audibly, startling people around her. Her face flushed when she noticed the stares from people around her.

Where am I going?...

Music began to play… a Morning Musume song. Ai reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone.

Who could be calling me?

Matsuura Aya. The caller ID read. Ai answered immediately.

“Moshi moshi? Matsuura-san?”

“Ai-chan?”  Aya’s bubbly voice came through the phone speaker.

“Hai Matsuura-san. Ai desu.”

“Ai-chan… would you like to come eat?

“Umm…Matsuura-san…why do you ask?”

“Haven’t seen you in a while…we’re the same age…we should hang out more…plus Miki wanted to see you.”

“Fujimoto-san?...she wanted to see me?”

“Yeah…she hasn’t had much time lately…so she wanted me to get in touch with you.”

“Ok Matsuura-san…where did you want to meet?”

“How many times did I tell you to call me Aya?... We’ll meet at this little ramen place… I’ll text you the directions.”

“Hai. I’ll see you then.”

“Hai. Ja matta ne Ai-chan.”

“Matta ne…”

Night fell on Tokyo, as did the storm clouds – which now poured forth their deluge. A sleeping girl lay curled up on the couch in her pajama shorts and purple tank. The dinner that had sat on the table as she ate now sat wrapped up in the refrigerator waiting, as the girl who now slept had waited. The door creaked open, the thump of shoes landing on the floor followed by the pit pat of sock-covered feet. Ai tip toed into the room when she noticed Lin’s sleeping form. She moved quietly over to the girl and kneeled in front of the couch.

“Lin-chan… you silly girl…you forgot your blanket.”

Ai walked to the bedroom and came back with an extra blanket.

“A…i…chan…” Lin’s eyes cracked open, her body stretching out the sleep.

“I’m sorry… I know I’m late…but I ran into Matsuura-san and Fujimoto-san… they helped me sort a few things out…”

“You did?... what did you sort out?” Lin sat up. Ai joined her on the couch and wrapped the blanket she was holding around the two of them. Lin snuggled up to her.

“I sorted out my feelings for someone…”

“Oh…” Lin stiffened a bit against Ai.

“Lin-chan… I struggled with admitting my feelings…I thought they weren’t right at first…because of our age difference… but…”

Lin’s eyes opened wide. She pulled away from Ai to look at her.

“..But… I realized after talking to them…that if I truly have feelings for you… that I can wait for you…so there can be no trouble with our relationship…that is …if you’ll have me…” Ai looked away, her face burned, her cheeks flushed wildly with her embarrassment for being so forward.

“Ai-chan… you dork… of course… I can’t wait to be 20!” Lin snuggled up to Ai once again, this time Ai wraps Lin in her arms and the two sat in comfortable silence… now they had each other.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: And so the Morning... (Side Story Chapter 3 - 9/12)
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
Yay!   :cow:   Sweet

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
Ai struggled with admitting her feelings. Glad Ayaya & Miki came to the rescue :inlove:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 04:43:00 AM »
GAM ftw. Now hurry up and post a main chapter. XD

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 06:06:32 AM »
Finally... a new main chapter - and a sort of buttoning up of the side story. Don't know when the next chapter will be out. I'll try to work on some stuff soon.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore filled the air. The moonlight glowed off the sea in the distance. The glow of reuniting and a successful performance filled the hearts of nine girls as they sat around a large outdoor table enjoying a late-evening meal, and each other’s company. The girls laughed about old memories and recounted what had happened to them in the past 2 years. Due to Reina’s fame her professional career was not much of a secret, so she and Jun told the others, specifically Ai and Lin, about their relationship.

“We actually got together not long after the fight…” Jun began before looking up at Ai.

“It’s ok Jun… all of that is in the past, no need to worry about me.” Ai smiled.

“Ok Ai-chan...” Jun continued the story. The other girls shared their stories with Ai and Lin, sharing where they had been and what they had done. Aika told everyone about going to school for photography, something none of them were surprised about - as she had the strap of a camera case draped across her shoulder and chest. Gone was a cutesy behavior she portrayed as a Musume. Aside from Reina and Jun, Eri and Risa had become a couple; Sayumi hadn’t found anyone yet, or so she told them. She did blush a bit however. Koharu was also mum on that front.

The dinner party went on for an hour or two more, until a loud yawn broke forth from Reina and Jun decided it was time to call it a night. Each girl said their goodbyes to Ai and Lin before making their way to their various rides back into Tokyo.

“Would you like to take a walk on the beach?” Ai looked to Lin and held out her hand.

“Sure Ai-chan.” Lin smiled and took her hand.

It’s been two years… she’s 20 now… why is it so hard to broach the subject?

“Ai-chan? Are you ok?” Ai looked up, her reverie interrupted. Lin was looking at her.

“Hai Lin-chan… I’m ok…I’m just thinking…”

“I noticed.”  Lin grinned at her. Ai mock glared at her.

“Sorry…sorry….what were you thinking about Ai-chan?”

Ai blushed a bit… but didn’t answer. The only sound that could be heard between the two was the sound of the waves crashing near them.

“You know… I’ve been thinking too…” Lin decided to break the silence.

“Oh?...” Ai hoped Lin would now broach the subject.

“Yeah…” Lin returned to silence.

Lin looked up at the moon, an impish smile crossing her face before turning to Ai.

“Come on!” she kept her hold on Ai’s hand and began to run towards the water. Ai struggled to keep up. She laughed when she saw the impish glint in the other girl’s eyes whenever Lin would look back at her. The girls reached the water.

“When do you think those two will get together?”  Reina asked Jun from her spot snuggled against the other’s chest.

“Knowing Ai… it may take a while… let’s hope Lin decides to take some initiative.”

“Maybe I should help them out a little… make up for past sins…” Reina pulled out her phone and began typing a message.

Lin made it back to their bags first. She heard one of the phones beeping, which she found in Ai’s bag. She handed the phone to Ai when she came up behind her. Ai flipped open the phone and blushed upon reading the message.

“Who is it?” Lin asked.

“Oh....it’s Reina… she still feels bad about two years ago.”

“Mmmm… she should forgive herself… we forgave her long ago…”

“Hai.” Ai looked down, trying to steel herself. She sighed.

“Lin-ch…” She was cut off by a pair of warm lips on hers. Lin pulled back.

“You didn’t have to ask… you know how I feel about you…” she smiled.

Ai pulled Lin into her arms and returned the kiss.

Reina’s phone buzzed. She flipped it open to read the message. It was short and simple.\

Thank you Reina.

You’re welcome Ai-chan.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:11:44 AM by adventwriter »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 6 - 9/15)
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »
'Bout damn time! :lol: I'm glad that's settled and that the girls are all friends again. And more apparently! Take your time getting another one out, at least you're not leaving us with a cliffie.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
And it all ends well :wub:

She did blush a bit however. Koharu was also mum on that front.
Very suspicious :twisted:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
She did blush a bit however. Koharu was also mum on that front.
Very suspicious :twisted:

indeed

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Bakkanaru Time