JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Nanchatte Renai

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1001606 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2480 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »
WHY AND HOW IS E3 ALREADY HERE!?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2481 on: June 10, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »
Was playing Yakuza 4 and I stumbled into a massage parlour, which kind of caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting it. But I certainly wasn't ready to find that the Gooch herself, Mari Yaguchi, would be my massage therapist. I played the minigame but got too distracted and..yeh, I failed. Pitiful Dragon rank. I'm sorry Mari. Though I got a loyalty card, where if I 5 massages, I get a VIP massage which....yeh...I have to see that :nervous

Went to a hostess club as well to see how that works and I got introduced to one girl, and then another. Then a third girl came in off camera and I was like, "Wait. Wait, I know that voice.." Sure enough, it was Rio!

I put the moves on her. Got her business card and her email address. I'm so going back! Just need more money. Hostess clubs are expensive! I did laugh that one of the initial dialogue options you could ask her was "Do you have a second job?". And she wouldn't answer me when I did ask her that! I wonder if the game is that accurate to the real Rio :nervous

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2482 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53:35 PM »
^ Hell yeah!   Makes me want to start playing that game again, but I would really love it if they decided to release 5 over in the west. Crossing my fingers to see if anything will be announced during E3.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2483 on: June 10, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
Gotta say, EA had an amazing conference. Seriously impressive list of upcoming, good looking games. Titanfall looks awesome, a mech shooter multiplayer game? Hell yeh. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare looks hilarious. Battlefield 4 looks epic (even if the multiplayer show was scripted as all hell). Need for Speed Rivals looks like it could be cool (with Aaron Paul, bitch!) They revealed Star Wards Battlefront! And Mirrors Edge 2! Yeh, normally EA puts on a lackluster show and the sports talk kind of dragged it down, but definately gotta give kudos where it's due, they could have a very strong year indeed.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2484 on: June 11, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
I think I've been cured. Whenever I now try to start watching a game playthrough on youtube, I quickly get bored and want to play something myself, instead. Not the same game I was watching, mind you, often I don't even own said game in question, but something yes. Still, the playthroughs aren't useless because in a way they inspire me, too. :lol: It's hard to explain.

EA conference had too much sports and cars to keep me completely engaged, but I admit the zombie thing was fun and the multiplayer for Battlefield was great to watch. Don't really care if it was scripted because I think we all know how multiplayer can be unplanned (a chaotic mess) and this situation called for something that was fun to watch.

Star Wars was whoa. I was like, hey, that giant foot reminds me of.... BAM, Star Wars logo on the screen. :D

I still haven't played Mirror's Edge, but I was still feeling the excitement.

...I know this was probably all console stuff, but I would've liked to see something about Sims 4 as well... Just to see how they're planning on convincing people to move on from Sims 3.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2485 on: June 11, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »
Okay...Megaman in the next Super Smash Bros?!!  Can't wait to get my hands on that.

http://kotaku.com/mega-man-is-finally-coming-to-smash-bros-512583599

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:15:35 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2486 on: June 11, 2013, 06:44:27 PM »
Bayonetta... Bayonetta... Bayonetta... Why U only on WiiU... :banghead:

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2487 on: June 11, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
The Walking Dead 400 Days - Season 1 DLC

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2488 on: June 11, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
Just wanna say Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is most possibly the hardest hack 'n' slash ARPG in videogaming history.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2489 on: June 11, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
Oh why is Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive?! Don't get me wrong I'm thankful to Nintendo, otherwise it would have never existed but...damn. I don't want a Wii U just for that.

FUCK YEH WITCHER 3

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2490 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Microsofts "Games for Gold" is already starting this week. I thought they had said it starts in July.
Starting off the two games per month giveaway for gold members is Fable 3.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2491 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »
An extended cut of the MGS5 trailer. Just beware, it's actually quite gory!

Offline wolfomibu

• ecchi
« Reply #2492 on: June 14, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »
E3 came up with so many things to look forward to! Can't wait to see those games playing out.
MGS5, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3!!! So much awesomeness!!!

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2493 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Time to start playing The Last of Us.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2494 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 5 Extended Director's Cut Trailer
I can't believe they dig out stuff from INSIDE A CHILD'S TUMMY WHILE HE'S CONSCIOUS WHEOTWOIFJWOEJ

Like shit they couldn't at least knock him out first?! WTF?? That's just too much, shit.

I got Skyrim! But strangely I'm not hooked on it yet. I haven't decided what I want to do. Granted, I'm only at the introduction dude's sister's house now. I basically just know I want to use magic. Love the bunnies tho.

I finished the base Fallout 3 and then continued with DLC that I had all this time but didn't have activated. -__- YEAH. I didn't know it had to be activated from the start up screen! Oh well. I'm not really liking the extra quests that much actually, or.. rather, they've felt too long for me especially because I can't have my back-up with me. And I know, they need to be long so people can feel they paid for some useful extra content when they got those DLCs, but especially because they're cut from the rest of the world I just ended up feeling sooo stuck. The farking alien ship adventure lasted so long I ran out of ammo for Lincoln repeater. And of course only at the very end I realized the alien rifle would've been a better choice against them anyway. Sigh~ I'm only fortunate I had chosen the mysterious stranger perk earlier, because those aliens with some kinda protective barrier would've killed me eventually if he didn't suddenly show up to take care of 'em. Because of those fuckers I ended up having to use half my stimpacks anyway. I guess one of the problems is that I haven't got around to using other chems much; don't want to get addicted lol. At some tough spot I just went like, oh fuck it and took one of everything I had, even stuff I didn't know what it would do. HAHAH

Yeah...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2495 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »
MGS5 trailer needs more Garbage :D

I am finding it increasingly difficult to resist new Animal Crossing ;_______________;

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2496 on: June 14, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »
The beginning of The Last of Us..... :cry:

Why did you have to shoot her, stupid soldier? She only had a broken leg.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2497 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »
I can't believe they dig out stuff from INSIDE A CHILD'S TUMMY WHILE HE'S CONSCIOUS WHEOTWOIFJWOE

Hideo Kojima had said that this latest game would be 'racy', that the issues he tackles in this wouldn't normally go down well with publishers, being unsellable. Obviously torture is one of those issues, but the Metal Gear series has also touched on the subject of child soldiers as well and all signs point to that being included as well. Personally, if it challenges Kojima in a way that best uses his talents to create a good story, then why not go for it.

Can't wait to hear some of your Skyrim tales!

Time to start playing The Last of Us.

Heads up to anyone playing The Last Of Us, there's a nasty bug where the autosave doesn't work and you could end up losing your progress since you last played or lost save game files completely. It's widely reported and a lot of people have reported cases where they've lost save game files 8 hrs in. How that bug managed to get through QA I'll never know. Best bet would be to wait on a patch before putting some serious time into it. I've enough PS3 games at the minute, but once I hear a patch is in place, I will certainly play it.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2498 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »
^ I've already heard about that autosave bug. Either has to do with the 1.01 patch or the servers are what's causing the problems. Anyway I'm not that far into the game yet. Mostly looking around the environment. Just met up with Ellie and mostly saving up on ammo by doing stealth kills.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2499 on: June 15, 2013, 04:38:01 AM »
Metal Gear Solid 5 Extended Director's Cut Trailer
I can't believe they dig out stuff from INSIDE A CHILD'S TUMMY WHILE HE'S CONSCIOUS WHEOTWOIFJWOEJ

Like shit they couldn't at least knock him out first?! WTF?? That's just too much, shit.

I got Skyrim! But strangely I'm not hooked on it yet. I haven't decided what I want to do. Granted, I'm only at the introduction dude's sister's house now. I basically just know I want to use magic. Love the bunnies tho.

I finished the base Fallout 3 and then continued with DLC that I had all this time but didn't have activated. -__- YEAH. I didn't know it had to be activated from the start up screen! Oh well. I'm not really liking the extra quests that much actually, or.. rather, they've felt too long for me especially because I can't have my back-up with me. And I know, they need to be long so people can feel they paid for some useful extra content when they got those DLCs, but especially because they're cut from the rest of the world I just ended up feeling sooo stuck. The farking alien ship adventure lasted so long I ran out of ammo for Lincoln repeater. And of course only at the very end I realized the alien rifle would've been a better choice against them anyway. Sigh~ I'm only fortunate I had chosen the mysterious stranger perk earlier, because those aliens with some kinda protective barrier would've killed me eventually if he didn't suddenly show up to take care of 'em. Because of those fuckers I ended up having to use half my stimpacks anyway. I guess one of the problems is that I haven't got around to using other chems much; don't want to get addicted lol. At some tough spot I just went like, oh fuck it and took one of everything I had, even stuff I didn't know what it would do. HAHAH

Yeah...

I was wondering if you had the DLC installed because you mentioned Dogmeat kept dying. If you have the DLC he is pretty much an invincible killing machine because he levels exponentially with you. :lol: But yea the alien mothership DLC is definitely the worst one according to most. Point Lookout and Broken Steel are considered the really good ones.

I think the kid getting the bomb extracted is a girl actually. Paz? She's actually like mid 20s but disguised to look young. o_O

Hideo Kojima had said that this latest game would be 'racy', that the issues he tackles in this wouldn't normally go down well with publishers, being unsellable. Obviously torture is one of those issues, but the Metal Gear series has also touched on the subject of child soldiers as well and all signs point to that being included as well. Personally, if it challenges Kojima in a way that best uses his talents to create a good story, then why not go for it.

Can't wait to hear some of your Skyrim tales!

Yea he said it will challenge some taboo subjects and even said he was worried it might end his career. :lol: Torture is always a staple in Metal Gear games (usually to test a players stamina). Raiden's entire back story is being a child soldier conscripted by Solidus. Wouldn't be surprised to see those in a more central position.

Metal Gear games for all their eccentric goofballness have actually had some pretty bleeding-edge themes.

How much do genes control who you are and nuclear weapons + terrorism in MGS1.
How much do memes control you, nature of reality, digital censorship and player view of what is seen and unseen in MGS2.
How much does the scene control who you are, extremes of loyalty, patriotism, the relativity of enemies in war in MGS3.
How much does a persons will affect who you are, PMCs, over reliance on technology making society vulnerable, old soldiers usefulness outside of war and PTSD in MGS4.

Also an interesting note, the woman who sings Sins Of The Father from the E3 trailer as well as Heavens Devide from peace walker also does the English guidance voice heard in Shinkansen bullet train system and Narita Airport. :p
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:48:43 AM by zoolander »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Nanchatte Renai