JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: X21 - Dear. Darlin`

Author Topic: Tiger Woods  (Read 17640 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tiger Woods
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 02:13:24 AM »
As expected, the sponsers are doing their best to stay away from him, with Gilette being the first:

Gillette has become the first major sponsor of Tiger Woods to distance itself from the golf star after the storm over his private life.

It said it would limit Woods's role in its marketing while the champion took time off to repair his personal life.

The golfer has announced he is taking an indefinite break from professional golf to tackle his problems.

In a statement released on his website, he admitted to "infidelity", after weeks of press speculation.

Woods promotes brands ranging from AT&T to Nike, an array of endorsements which helped him become the first sports star to earn $1bn (£0.6bn), the Associated Press reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8409841.stm

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 01:42:56 PM »
More hilarious Chinese reenactments, this time focusing on Tiger and his mistresses. Love the spanking animation.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 06:22:49 AM »
Banned? :lol: WHY. Wonder if they do all their news stories like that.

Deep thoughts from basketball player Ron Artest of the LA Lakers: http://www.ronartest.com/blog/?p=74

Quote from: Ron Artest
Dear Tiger,
In reading the statements you have made, I can tell you are a stand up guy. Please remember only Jesus is perfect. You made a mistake and you admitted your infidelity.
I have made the same mistakes. Before I got married to my wife, I had a baby with another young lady, after I already had two by my girlfriend who is now my wife. We also had another baby which makes three for us and four for me. Two boys and two girls.
My wife is a much better wife than I am a husband. We still argue and disagree after being together 16 years. and I still cope with the fact that there are so many women out there and I choose to stay loyal to my wife.
I want to be home every night, but with traveling I can’t, and sometimes I might want to go to a bar or club and be one of the fellas. Most of the time I stay in, because I have my kids and wife.
I cannot sit here and say the thought to have many women has never crossed my mind. If I were Jesus I could.
I have known my wife for 16 years– since I was 14 years old.
She was my first.
On the way to 2010 we had many ups and downs on the way, mostly my fault. But I really choose to work hard and play ball to support her and my kids. The same reason you are building your legacy.
I have been disturbed by this because there are many people who are happy that this bad news has come out.
There are a lot of sports announcers and regular reporters who are not perfect in their own homes, yet they want to bring you down.
You have done so much for people, the sport of golf, and your family and you gave your wife a life that people can’t even dream of.
I thought you were 36 or 37 until I read the news today. A 33-year-old man who has been a model citizen with so much at stake. This is your first publicly known issue since you started your career, compared to my 50 or more publicly known issues and mistakes.
You have been the perfect role model for me and my sons for longer than anyone I have known.
With the exception of a few legends.
As your fan, I can’t wait to see you golf again.
And us athletes know how much you personally love your family.

One love,
Ron Artest
This is just a fan mail letter to Tiger Woods fans and indirectly to Tiger himself.
Please, everyone support Tiger in these tough times for his family.

Also if you are a sports announcer or regular everyday reporter or blogger please step up like Tiger and tell your wife or husband if you have any skeletons in your closet. Especially if you were one of the few attacking TIGER!!
One Love People

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 06:31:48 AM »
Artest you are a stand up guy, I hope your wife knows before saying any statements, if she does its kool
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline stax

• Lucy Liu-ser
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 06:39:45 AM »
As expected, the sponsers are doing their best to stay away from him, with Gilette being the first:

Gillette has become the first major sponsor of Tiger Woods to distance itself from the golf star after the storm over his private life.

It said it would limit Woods's role in its marketing while the champion took time off to repair his personal life.

The golfer has announced he is taking an indefinite break from professional golf to tackle his problems.

In a statement released on his website, he admitted to "infidelity", after weeks of press speculation.

Woods promotes brands ranging from AT&T to Nike, an array of endorsements which helped him become the first sports star to earn $1bn (£0.6bn), the Associated Press reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8409841.stm

Nike's the only sponsor that really matters, and they're sticking with him

This story really is tiresome. So many marital infidelties happen in plain view of sportswriters, but because this happened to someone they themselves had put on this pedastal they now will spend 3+ months tearing him down.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 01:36:49 AM »
Saw these on Keith Olbermann the other nite and Hong Kong's Apple Daily been doing their own, complete with english dubbing. hell if u check their YT channel, there's other reenactments XD http://www.youtube.com/user/appleactionews

Offline hellcast

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 05:58:45 AM »
Addicted to sex... who isn't?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 10:59:26 AM »
What'd you think of the Tiger Woods Press Conference?

lol i thought it was interesting that the camera crapped out half way and it focused on his mom and friends. His mom was all arms crossed, didn't even look at him until he came in for the hug at the end. All Weird. Blue curtains. At least he owned and it said what was needed to be said.

Tiger will be back. Dominating Chumps.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
Man those things can only be seen in U.S.

Here in France people just don't care and continue their way of life...  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
His apology sounded like it was screened through dozens of PR people first. Which means it probably was.

I liked how in the apology he said his cheating wasn't his wifes fault when nobody's blamed her at all. About the apology itself, his wife is his own business, golf it doesn't make any relevance to so he's only come out and made that public apology to appease the sponsers and get back the money he's losing IMO.

He's expecting sympathy but you don't get sympathy for sex addiction. You get sympathy trying to get over something harmful like heroin, you know, stuff that could kill you but you can't give it up so easy. Sex, as I understand, can be quite nice but not harmful, provided you remember the safety word. And you certainly won't get sympathy if you do a lot of sex behind your wife's back.

Thing is the viewing figures for golf are down, less money in the game, fewer people buying tickets, Tiger should really have turned to them and said 'You need me, trousersnake and all' :lol:

Offline nop

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
He is a golfer. Go play golf and make lots of hole-in-ones, eagles and birdies. Shut all the reporters' mouths. Most of them can't play good golf anyway.    His cheating is his personal problems.   I think that Tiger generated money to charities more than all reporters' donations combined. 

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »
The apology in itself was enough to just say, "okay you can go play golf now."  I think he has a lot more to prove as a person and that will probably be his downfall if he doesn't try to improve his image
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
My opinion is that Tiger is great at what he does.  His personal life should stay that way.  We all have done bad things, but does that change how good we are at the things we do? Cheating is never cool, but that should be between him and his wife, not the entire world.  I know he is a role model for alot of people, and I think he still should be.  Nobody in this world is perfect, we all make mistakes. 

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »
So Tiger is back blah blah blah, gonna win Masters, etc.

Nike drops new commercial, featuring soundbites from his late dad, Earl

whaddya think?

Offline whorocks

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 03:27:36 AM »
i think the advertisement was rather well done. but yet again, what kind of implications depends on what your views on his fiasco

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 02:29:02 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
The 120 women agree.

Offline alenfort

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
Tiger Woods is one of Gretest Golf Players of all  over Worlds.He is Played Good and Intelligent Golf game.
i r bot

Offline stax

• Lucy Liu-ser
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
Tiger Woods is one of Gretest Golf Players of all  over Worlds.He is Played Good and Intelligent Golf game.

Probably the best post in history of internet.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 06:34:34 AM »
Tiger Woods to promote heat rub for muscle pain on Japanese television
By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press

NAGOYA, Japan - Tiger Woods has signed a three-year deal to promote a Japanese pain reliever, his first endorsement since he was caught in a sex scandal toward the end of 2009.

The deal with Kowa Company Ltd. is geared only toward the market in Japan. Woods already has filmed commercials for "Vantelin Kowa," a heat rub used to relieve muscle and joint pain. The commercial is to be shown in Japan starting next month.

"When looking for a person for a new TV commercial for the Vantelin Kowa series, Kowa determined that Tiger Woods, with his No. 1 accomplishment as a golfer and his overwhelming presence, matches the promotional direction of the Vantelin Kowa series," the company said in a press release. "And we asked Mr. Woods for his co-operation in our new TV commercial."

Mark Steinberg, his agent, said it was a three-year deal that involves television, print and Internet ads in Japan. He did not disclose how much the company is paying Woods.

Woods once had an endorsement portfolio worth nearly US$90 million a year. But failures in his personal life led to Accenture, AT&T and Gatorade dropping him as a sponsor, and Gillette deciding not to renew its deal.

"I'm not looking at this as his first deal, or a second deal," Steinberg said Wednesday. "I look at this as showing he's a global attraction. I expect to have some other announcements by the balance of the year."

Steinberg said an endorsement for Woods' golf bag — he has been without one since he returned to golf at the 2010 Masters — was not necessarily the highest priority. He said he was in discussion with various companies, but any deal probably would wait until after Woods gets back to competition.

Woods has not played since May 12, when he withdrew after nine holes from The Players Championship with knee and Achilles injuries. He said Tuesday he had no timetable for his return, only that it would not happen until he was fully healthy.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is sidelined after elbow reconstruction surgery, has also promoted the Vantelin heat rub on Japanese TV.

This isn't the first time Woods has endorsed products in Japan. He appeared in commercials for canned iced coffee in the late 1990s.
___
AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson in Newtown Square, Pa., contributed to this report.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://ca.news.yahoo.com/tiger-woods-promote-heat-rub-muscle-pain-japanese-213825452.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: X21 - Dear. Darlin`