JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei-chan - Mata Ashita Jabby (Jabronisaur Tribute)

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 39085 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
From what I have experienced at the events that Gyuzo puts on, things never get too out of hand and it's a nice mix of groups. I think it's other events where they just seem to try to cram as many groups as possible together that are a problem, especially when they don't have enough security to put people in their place when they're being stupid and causing problems.

I definitely hear the 60's influences in BELLRING's music but haven't listened to them enough to have anything major click yet. POP gave the best performance I have ever seen! Both Kai and Montero were not feeling well but, when they were in the ring, it wasn't noticeable at all. Was really impressed how often Kai was up on the top of the turnbuckle of the ring singing her heart out. Montero had a mask on and looked a little out of it when I walked past them at the tokutenkai. Guso drop was pretty nice too.

Stereo Tokyo's performance. Idols you can dance with!

Koi Suru Beat's performance.

Kakumei Idol Bousou-chan. Freaking Cirque de Soleil!

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:10 PM »
Zekkyo 60-do was amazing though! I'm disappointed in myself for not standing in line so I could have Kai step on me or something and take a cheki. Next time!

Valentine's Day even in Shibuya tomorrow at 3 different venues! http://www.idolidge.com/schedule.cgi/view/84
I'm probably not going to go though.

Nice!

GRAZIE are releasing their new CD at that Idolidge event. The CD sold at buppan has a different b-side than the one they'll see on their website, so I hope it's not limited just to this event.

Your Zekkyou comment will bring joy to one user here ;) Me on the other hand can't get them.

I'm Montero oshi in Zekkyou though... only spoke to Kai once, she totally trolled me with opening "sorry, I don't speak British English". "oh, what do you speak then?" "I only speak American English". Dammit Kai.

Both Kai and Montero were not feeling well but, when they were in the ring, it wasn't noticeable at all. Was really impressed how often Kai was up on the top of the turnbuckle of the ring singing her heart out. Montero had a mask on and looked a little out of it when I walked past them at the tokutenkai. Guso drop was pretty nice too.

Montero's always wearing a mask though. But yeah, I heard she was a bit ill. Their schedule is kindof nuts at the moment, and they are starting a new regular Tokyo live... where doors open at 5am on a Monday morning... it's going to be nuts. I'm gonna try and make the first one the morning after the last Lolisyn live, but dunno if gonna make it. Montero still has one of my chekis that I have doubts I'll ever get back though...

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
Tsutomo pointed out to me the Idol Koushien on March 21st. Interestingly at Shinkiba Studio Coast with over 100 groups. The Line-up is decent, despite a lot of unfamiliar names.
http://idolkoushien.com/special/index/20160321/lineup/

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2016, 05:24:21 PM »
^ I'll go opposite to our twitter conversation then, and say this one looks almost perfect:

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2016, 05:43:34 PM »
Each his own, lol. The worst though: Neither of us can go...

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »
I want to go, it's so boring where I live :/

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »
It is Denmark :P You could join the recent immigration flood though, just in another direction :lol:
You will be back in Japan very soon. Enjoy the anticipation until then with DVDs, Youtube, new albums, schedule making, Blog writing (:P),...

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2016, 10:39:06 PM »
wait a minute, Rezar is from Denmark?!? I thought he was american!  :huhuh damn, my blog post is wrong then... but I'm too lazy to edit it, whatever  :P

anyway, I'm pretty sure the place where he lives is... this forum, because he entered so much time later than us and see his posts count! rofl the man has no other thing to do in life other than post here  :P

on topic: Yatsui Festival this year will once again have several idol acts. already guaranteed are Lyrical School, Negicco and Tokyo Joshiryuu. event will take place on june 18-19.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 10:42:49 PM »
...he entered so much time later than us and see his posts count! rofl the man has no other thing to do in life other than post here  :P
Sad but true  :P

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2016, 07:16:45 AM »
This sounds interesting.
http://www.qetic.jp/life-fashion/icondolllounge-160218/175401/
Not sure about the fashion show part though.

Denpagumi Inc. will appear as main act, whereas the Line-Up so far is (copy/paste):

ベイビーレイズ JAPAN、妄想キャリブレーション、乙女新党、ゆるめるモ!、GEM、BELLRING 少女ハート、PiiiiiiiN、神宿、プティパ-petit pas!-、椎名ぴかりん、PassCode

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »
wait a minute, Rezar is from Denmark?!? I thought he was american!  :huhuh damn, my blog post is wrong then... but I'm too lazy to edit it, whatever  :P
Read it.... WTF, all the insults - weeaboo, lolicon, AMERICAN  :banghead:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
Be merciful. Tsutomo is a sad existence, who has no other joy in live. :lol:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
I have to come here and say I'm really really sorry, Rezar. plz forgive me. calling you an american is definitely harsh and totally undeserved, I admit. I wouldn't want anyone of my family or close to me to be called such a thing.

Be merciful. Tsutomo is a mad existence, who has no other treatment in life other than worshiping some stupid idols.

FTFY

more off-topic: PiiiiiiiiN individual accounts? is this an evil plan to hook me in? puppy eyes Arisa is the girl with the fewer followers (aka a perfect Tsutomo oshimen)??? fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

even more off-topic: do someone here likes Zenbu Kimi no Sei da? just heard their recently released album and it is surprisingly very good. I'm thinking about seeing them live someday, though dunno why they only appear few times in idol festivals...  :?

some on-topic: the festival wattstax made reference is the Idol Koushien Festival 2016, which will happen on march 21st at Studio Coast. right now, 101 groups confirmed, including the likes of Passpo, Party Rockets GT, Predia, Lyrical School and Dorothy Little Happy. and a lot of obscure idols as Irori Maeda and re-2. I'll do my best in order to get a day off at work so I can see this. better than this shit, only @jam Expo.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »
tsutomo, all that off-topic  :doh: And I wonder what QwiksXnd would say about your Anti-American comment :P

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »
you point to my off-topic post making a 100% off-topic post. nicely done, bro.  :P

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:43:49 PM by tsutomo »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »
Is anyone interested in a new TIF thread? I don't plan to go this year, so I wouldn't mind discussions here.
The first participants were announced and one version(?) of the official Shirt.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
Didn't make it to Idol Koushien in time to see Musubizm, Puchi PASSPO, sora tob sakana, FESTIVE, or Tsuyogari Sensation but I did finally get to see Mizuta Mari and talk to her! Her solo songs are what Pla2me were. Janne Maria were playing while I was waiting in line for her and they covered X Japan's "Kurenai" and were doing backflips and stuff all over the stage!

DLH > callme forever until the end of time. "Demo Sayonara" > any and all songs callme will ever release.

KOTO is amazing!

I watched FRUITPOCHETTE (Azuma Shiori by herself pretty much) for a bit then went to see Iketeru Hearts since I know a lot of overseas fan love them. I can see why now. There's something endearing about them, possibly even more so than Afilia Saga.

Nama Ham to Yaki Udon were awesome as always. I think there were a lot of other idols who came to watch them too. What other idols can talk about toilet humor and make it entertaining? If you don't understand Japanese, you probably won't understand their greatness though.

YamaKatsu only had 5 members today. I still have no impression of the new members of palet either.

I missed out on BELLRING and am pretty disappointed in that. I'll see them soon enough though.

Saw Morishi, Naomi, and Yukkii on the side during palet. Waved at Morishi and she waved back. Yukkii didn't see me so I forgive her. No reaction from Naomi, which is proof why she isn't popular.

predia is so underrated!

PiiiiiiiN was a surprise for the last performer on the main stage. Went outside to see Zenbu Kimi no sei da but went back inside to watch PiiiiiiiN after about a minute. They were standing on the guardrail at the front of the stage and all the crazy people were lifting each other up and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:42:31 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »
No reaction from Naomi, which is proof why she isn't popular.
:lol: Yukki is so much nicer, but even less popular. But I am glad Naomi isn't that negative only around me  :D

Here is the link for the TIF line-up, if anyone is interested. Currently 51 groups announced.
http://www.idolfes.com/2016/lineup.html

Is there already a link for the @JAM in Septembre?

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2016, 12:47:36 AM »
I'm surprised callme became a thing at all. Mari and Kana were the best singers in DLH by far.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2016, 07:37:22 AM »
I saw callme's first performance and was pretty underwhelmed and then they went and ripped DLH apart like they did. What is worse is that avex sided with callme and DLH went to a smaller label too. Reading the report about the graduation live, it was pretty uncomfortable since they were arguing on stage.

Even if Morishi had no idea who I was, she waved back and smiled. Naomi just gave me a look, like "who is that?".

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei-chan - Mata Ashita Jabby (Jabronisaur Tribute)