JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Avengers In Sci-Fi - Tico`s Endless Summer Song

Author Topic: Audiosurf  (Read 18325 times)

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Audiosurf
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »
Here's the full readme.txt for audiosurfboard

Can't run it? Make sure you have the .NET framework. Don't know what that is? You definitely need it. Download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Running but not working? Make sure these lines are in your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 204.13.11.27
127.0.0.1 audio-surf.com
127.0.0.1 www.audio-surf.com

Your hosts file is located in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Open it with notepad.

Check the updater.ini file in your Audiosurf folder. Make sure the app version is either 1 or 2. If it's 3, set it to 2 and delete patchfile.zip from the Audiosurf folder.

Don't try to create a username. Just enter anything in the username and password boxes to log in.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
One last thing, just before the beta went haywire I got an email informing me that someone destroyed my record for Tokkaiko Junjou.  I know it was one of you, so fess up!

That was me.  XD :P

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
ok, you guys need to tell me how to get all of this! :)

Offline Masaoto

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »
Here's the full readme.txt for audiosurfboard

Can't run it? Make sure you have the .NET framework. Don't know what that is? You definitely need it. Download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Running but not working? Make sure these lines are in your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 204.13.11.27
127.0.0.1 audio-surf.com
127.0.0.1 www.audio-surf.com

Your hosts file is located in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Open it with notepad.

Check the updater.ini file in your Audiosurf folder. Make sure the app version is either 1 or 2. If it's 3, set it to 2 and delete patchfile.zip from the Audiosurf folder.

Don't try to create a username. Just enter anything in the username and password boxes to log in.

Not working for me :(

Offline iosomewhere

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 02:24:02 AM »
Not working for me either :(
And...there is no patch file.zip !!!
What patch file.zip that I should delete are they talking about ????

As soon as I try to run audiosurfboard.exe a error message appears that I couldn't initialize it.
And thats it.
Help please..wanna play that game.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:29 AM »
^ the patch file won't be there is the AS client you installed is ver 1 or 2.

I had problems with the Audiosurfboard.exe last night too but after I installed the .NET framework from Fracture's post, everything worked fine.

Here's what I did:
1. Added the values to the host file and ran audiosurfboard.exe - failed to initialize
2. Reinstalled client, ran audiosurfboard.exe - still failed to initialize
3. Installed .NET framework, ran audiosurfboard.exe - worked fine, ran AS client - didn't say beta  testing was over or sth.

I'm not sure if a re-installation of the client is required. The main problem I had is that I didn't have the .NET framework yet.

@ CKD - just DL and install all the files in Fracture's post (AS client, .NET framework), google for the audiosurfboard app (scan first before extracting, I heard that some of the files that were uploaded had viruses) then add the ip addresses on the host file of your PC. Run audiosurfboard.exe first before running the client and you're good :)

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 03:23:58 AM »
One last thing, just before the beta went haywire I got an email informing me that someone destroyed my record for Tokkaiko Junjou.  I know it was one of you, so fess up!

That was me.  XD :P

WOOORDS  :angry:

Not working for me :(

Details?  What happens when you try to run?  And yeah, like wordy said, failure to initialize usually means no .NET.

Offline iosomewhere

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 03:32:22 AM »

Thanks to everybody...everythings fine now.
Great..can play ! :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55:17 AM »
Still haven't gotten it to work...

Followed all directions, re-installed AS several times, but after I click play, screen goes black and locks up.

Maybe it's the installer or the audiosurfboard.exe that's fucked, I don't know... I'll try downloading other ones.

Edit: OK got it to work. addicting game!!!

I played Between the Buried and Me's Alaska album on it on hard, it's insane! :lol:
I really like playing like Rin Toshite's songs, very bouncy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:18:23 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Do any of you guys still play this? I got it shortly after launch, played it a ton for a while, now play occasionally still.
I can rock Eraser and DV on elite/ironmode, but fffuuuuuuuu Pointman and Pusher always getting the top scores.

They added support for Asian characters a bit back, so Japanese tracks will show properly now. The adjustments they've done to some of the characters, like Vegas, are pretty sweet.

GET IT: http://store.steampowered.com/app/12900/ - There's a demo to check it out. Cost is 10$/€, and they have sales on it regularly.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »
Bought it over the weekend and just started playing it today.  Really fun and easy to get into, but difficult to master.  I'm sharp with the mouse, so I can get by well enough.  Got about 20 #1's in casual mode from what I played through this morning.  My best one was Overseer - Supermoves, since it's the fastest song I've seen on my computer so far and it's a pretty popular one too. <3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Learn Pusher, Pointman, become God Tier

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »
Learn Pusher, Pointman, become God Tier

Yar.  Was just going through some of my favorite songs for the first time.  Gonna play around with different characters/difficulties later today.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:19 PM »
I still don't have the slightest clue how to play anything other than mono, it's not explained in the game so it's just like a bunch of colors coming towards me, and I'm like 'whut? just collect them all? huh? what? press a button and something unexplained happens? huh? *game over* oh.. .what? what just happened??'

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »
There should be brief tutorial videos each time you play a class for the first time!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »
There is, but I still don't get it, lol.

Anytime I try other modes I overfill and game over within about 30 seconds or so, or finish with barely any points ;____;

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »
Been doing pro mode and having more fun at it.  Getting much better out setting up bigger clusters rather than going for the easy small ones right in front of me.  And I'm completely avoiding those overfills, so I'm getting my money's worth now.

Here's my latest prize:  http://www.audio-surf.com/song.php#549722

One of my favorite rap songs.  First time I did it I hit a grey at the very end, shorting me on both stealth and clean finish bonuses, but I was still only 1k away from #1 spot.  So I went back and played again only to screw up the clean finish a second time, but I got stealth which put me at about ~250k.  Even though it was a #1 score, I had to push for stealth as well, and got it on the third attempt to push me a full 100k above #2 spot.   :pimp:

Even though it feels nice to see myself be #1 in certain songs, I know it's more of a "they're bad" instead of a "I'm good" thing. e_e

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
Playing on my Zune HD, sorry I don't have a ipod touch

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
Just got it on Steam for $2.50...so far just going through random songs with Mono and Mono Pro. The other characters are a bit tricky to figure out on my own; might have to pay attention to some tutorials.

It's kinda funny how some songs are interpreted into the game..."Born to Roll" by Masta Ace gave me a stupidly easy level. :lol: I guess I gotta stick with more sonically busy songs.

Also, it kinda sucks how you get different scoreboards for the same song if the tags aren't an exact match. I got the only score on an Utada song possibly because my file has her whole name on it in western name order. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
Epic bump. Just got The game thru the Steam summer sale. Pretty sweet~ KPOP is awesome for this. Lol. Diav and I were competing against each other on FANTASTIC BABY. hehehhe

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Avengers In Sci-Fi - Tico`s Endless Summer Song