JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fullarmor - Zion

Author Topic: The Official Xbox 360 Thread  (Read 29898 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
The Official Xbox 360 Thread
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:51:22 PM »
Kinda suprised nobody has made one yet. So please discuss Xbox stuff here! :D

My Gamertag: KYOT777

My stuff:
Forza Motorsport 2
Viva Pinata
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Winning Eleven 8
Devil May Cry 4
Idolmaster L4U
Grand Theft Auto 4
Dragon Ball Z: Limit Burst
Ninja Gaiden II

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »
It's got a great line-up thus far, my collection contains some fantastic games, and online is simple and quick to connect to friends. If it weren't for the number of RROD and hardware problems, I'd reckon it may be one of the greatest ever. Here's hoping the Xbox 720 or whatever isn't as cheaply made. Anyway:

Gamertag: Tuffty88

Collection:
Call of Duty 4
Devil May Cry 4
Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
Grand Theft Auto IV
Virtua Fighter 5
Fifa 08
Eternal Sonata
Bioshock
Project Gotham Racing 4
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Assassin's Creed
Skate
Fight Night Round 3
Splinter Cell : Double Agent

Thinking of buying a new game for it, it's a toss between Mass Effect, The Orange Box or GRID : Race Driver. Any recommendations?

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »
Tuff: I would say Mass Effect if you want alot of playthrough and if you are a fan of RPG type of games, especially creating yoru main character is a cool add on. But if you want a fun but not much people have been on line playing Team Fortress recently but overall you can get alot of play time with the half-life games at least. . then go for Orange Box.

GamerTag: PerfectDjB13

games I own:

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
Dead Or Alive 4
Devil May Cry 4 CC edition
Assasin's Creed CC edition
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Forza Motor SPort 2
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja
Bullet Witch
Lost Planet
Ninja Gaiden II
BeoWulf
Lost Odyssey
PGR 3
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle Of Doom
Blue Dragon
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
HALO 3
Virtua Fighter 5
Project Sylpheed
Rumble Roses XX

LIVE Arcade Games:

Puzze Fighter HD
Brain Challenge
Street Fighter Hyper Fighting
Ikaruga

have any questions about the games I have if you planning on getting them, feel free to ask!  :cow:
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:53:13 AM »
The 360 has done well these past few years wont be long now until PS3 is dead in the water

Gamertag: Krauserxzero

Games:
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Bioshock
Bomberman Act Zero
Beautiful Katamari
GTA IV
Ninja Gaiden 2
Rumble Roses XX
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008
Sega Superstars Tennis
Prey CE
Lost Planet CE
Dead Rising
Eternal Sonata
Stranglehold CE
Saints Row
Wartech Senko Ronde
Ridge Racer 6
Quake 4
Virtua Fighter 5
Perfect Dark Zero CE
Bulletwitch
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Devil May Cry 4 CE
Crackdown
Dynasty Warriors Gundam
Gears Of War
Halo 3
Earth Defense Force 2017
Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Live Arcade:
Too much to name but I have Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, Puzzle Fighter, and then some

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »
Tuff: I would say Mass Effect if you want alot of playthrough and if you are a fan of RPG type of games, especially creating yoru main character is a cool add on. But if you want a fun but not much people have been on line playing Team Fortress recently but overall you can get alot of play time with the half-life games at least. . then go for Orange Box.

I finally opted for The Orange Box. Don't get me wrong, ME looks all kinds of awesome, but at the minute Oblivion and Eternal Sonata are keeping me well occupied in terms of RPG's on the 360 alone, and I'm also playing The World Ends With You on the DS, FF Tactics on PSP and Digital Devil Saga on PS2 XD

Orange Box is brilliant so far. Portal's mind boggling to actually see and already had some great moments in TF2. Like my Engineer celebrating and then an enemy soldier runs and blows me to pieces :lol:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:52 PM »
Gamertag: Zidane4Prez

Games:

Guitar Hero 3
Bully
Grand Theft Auto IV
Dead or Alive 4
Saints Row
Def Jam Icon
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Smackdown Vs Raw 07 & 08
skate.
The Godfather
Blitz: The League
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 07:09:26 AM »
I finally opted for The Orange Box. Don't get me wrong, ME looks all kinds of awesome, but at the minute Oblivion and Eternal Sonata are keeping me well occupied in terms of RPG's on the 360 alone, and I'm also playing The World Ends With You on the DS, FF Tactics on PSP and Digital Devil Saga on PS2 XD

Great choice Tuffty! :lol:
The PC version of ME is out, so that can be an option for you later. Since the game is kinda like Neverwinter Nights and SW:KOTOR, it's more suited to a PC interface.
On the other hand, the 360 version's price hopefully might drop a bit from it too. :)
(Side note. It was the game that made me buy a 360 in the first place. and yes it's good~ :P)

I'll still need to buy a PS3 for MGS4 though, forcing me to own all platforms and handhelds this gen (somebody win this race already). Talking about a love/hate feeling.
At least I'll get blu-ray goodness. And less worry for getting Vader for Soul Calibur4. :wub:

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »

Orange Box is brilliant so far. Portal's mind boggling to actually see and already had some great moments in TF2. Like my Engineer celebrating and then an enemy soldier runs and blows me to pieces :lol:

hehe cool cooL. Orange Box is always a good choice especially the deal that it is.

Digital Devil Saga, I mainly only played that agme fopr Dante haha  :muffin:
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
Focused on finishing Ninja Gaiden 2 today. Quite good for what may be Itagaki's NG swansong.

I selected Acolyte, but it still felt hard near the end. Had to continue 3-4 times to beat the end-boss, made harder since I already used up all recovery items in the fights beforehand.
But the challenge did make it feel sweeter to finish.  :P

Although it does suffer some bad camera angles and slowdown, it also has a very extensive array of weapons and movesets (read "ways to rip demons apart"). :twisted:

And also some of the best-looking stages I've seen in some time. Stuff like:
1. hey! I'm watching a commercial on an outdoor big-screen tv over a bridge next to a sakura tree scattering petals in the wind with a bustling neo-tokyo scyscraper city in the background! :w00t:
2. jeez. are those bloody tentacles on the floor moving...?!!  XD and what does it belong to?  :O Will it feel ticklish when i walk on it?!! :roll:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:40:54 AM by winner »

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »
Quote from: news
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) plans to cut the price of its best-selling Xbox 360 Pro model by $50, to $299 in the next few weeks, the Hollywood Reporter reported citing anonymous sources.

The price cut for the Xbox 360 model with the 20 gigabyte hard drive will come before the video game industry's biggest trade show, E3, taking place in Los Angeles on July 15-17, the report said.

Microsoft reportedly to cut price of Xbox 360 to $299 | Technology | Reuters

Great news for the ones who are 'just jumping in'

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 12:58:13 AM »
I ordered mine this morning! Can't wait for it to arrive! :D:D

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 07:49:18 PM »
GamerTag: Mochizzle

Current Games:
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
GTA4
Perfect Dark Zero

i think thats all.  I buy and sell a lot.

Oh, dead rising and assassin's creed.  I'm gonna sell those tho.  I really wanna play NG2 as i was a big fan of the first one, but I wanna finish LO and GTA4.
word.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
I bought Mass Effect today for £9.99. Bargain for what's already a very good game! :D

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 07:28:48 PM »
Gamertag: Sofokles (feel free to add)

Current owned games:
FIFA RTWC 2006
FIFA WC 2006
FIFA 2007
FIFA 2008 (When will there be a good PES on 360?)
NBA2K7
Amped 3
Table Tennis
Orange Box
Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Call of Duty 4
Grand Theft Auto IV
Forza Motorsport 2
Mass Effect
Ninety-Nine Nights
Assassins Creed
Dead Rising
Dead or Alive 4
Bioshock
Gears of War
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3

And Black on downladable + various XBLA games.

I've spent too much money on games, yet i have a looong list of games i need to buy. :O

My question is: How do y'all find time to play all your games?
[/url]

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
With the price drop and the announcement of FFXIII I might just get one now... I've been holding back for long enough, and now I can get rid of my xbox that has been collecting dust with no regret. >_>

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:15 PM »
Ugh, right guys for all those that have played Mass Effect, I seriously need some help. Because whenever I go on missions I just keep on dying. I think it's partly to do with my character class, I chose Vanguard, and go in all guns blazing when I suppose it's not the strategy you should really be taking. I tried the side mission where an ambassador is held hostage on a spaceship and keep getting killed by those biotic guards. I try taking cover but I think they kept on using that Throw move on me which keeps knocking me down onto my ass. I got frustrated and loaded an earlier save and went on the mission with the rogue nuke hidden away on the Amazon planet. Disabled the nuke ok but when I go out there, the guys still kill me, even with the mako!

I guess me being a Vanguard and with limitations like light armor only and pistols and shotguns only puts me at a disadvantage. Anyone care to give me a few tips? Was Vanguard a wrong choice for a noob like me? XD

ME is still all kinds of awesome though. Love just going into the Codex and hearing info about the history and politics behind it all.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
I dont remember, but i think you can change the difficulty settings 'on-the-fly'. Might be useful for really tight situations. I never had any real trouble the first time around since i was a fucking soldier. On my re-run with higher difficulty i do tend to die alot.

Other than that i don't know. Try doin some side quests to earn them big bucks so you can gear up?
[/url]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
[size=8]DOWNLOAD BRAID!![/size]

Gamers happily pay full price for sequels that have been rehashed each year (looking at you EA Sports) but when one of the most original and inventive games of this year, and potentially this generation is released for £7, they refuse it? Gamers can prove to be a fickle sort can't they?

Anyway, yes it's short but like Portal it never goes on for too long and ends up with you wanting more. The story's perhaps the best a platform game has seen (wouldn't be that hard), which an ending open to different interpretations and shows us how we're all searching for our princess in a castle.

Pricing is irrelevant when it comes to this game. £150 is far too much for a game like Rock Band. Braid is £7. People pay more than that for lunch or an ironic t-shirt. Show the industry you care for originality and great games! :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
[youtube=425,350]uHXBqo6RgN4&eurl[/youtube]

Impressive game collection which he probably never ever plays. I bet those 1000+ messages he's got are all hate mail too. :lol:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 04:27:17 AM »
He never even showed himself play... ass.

I'm not gonna hate on him as a gamer cause I've never seen him play.

But what sucks is that shitty ass crank that soulja boi song is what paid for all that shit.

He's really your typical american gamer though, with all the action and sports games :lol:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fullarmor - Zion