JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Ocean

Author Topic: Official Nintendo 3DS Thread  (Read 61237 times)

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Nintendo DS Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
i need to get back to playing ds again. i still havent really gotten into phantom hourglass and i hear a lot of good stuff about it.  the zelda storyline is getting kinda tiring to me.  they really need to revamp the story with some different twists. they're all the same lately.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Has anyone played The World Ends With You? It looks great and if it comes with a Jet Set Radio kind of soundtrack and style, then I'm sold (love JSR :heart:)

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2008, 08:51:58 AM »
i got it today, but haven't started playing yet. it does look really good.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
I've decided I'm gonna get it, but only after my exams are done. With the sound of this Pokemon-esque collectability with the 300 pins, I fear I may become too addicted XD.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2008, 02:21:48 AM »
yea, i got it. the fighting in the game is pretty confusing at first, but im starting to get used to it. the main character is super annoying in the beginning too.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2008, 04:13:43 AM »
I've been playing Mario Kart with my classmates lately. It's fun, and its hard for me to put down. I guess it makes it more fun because of the fact that we have to hide our DS' from our teacher while we play :lol:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »
me-sa sweeety-sa has-sa DS-sa! I is have teh gaimez
Harvest Moon DS
Pokemon Diamon (Cause Diamonds are a girls best friend)
Lost in Blue (too hard and monotonous to be considered a game. I'd rather call it a chore)
Animal Crossing (of course)
Nintendogs (I WAS YOUNG! I NEEDED THE MONEY! I mean I was young I didn't know any better)
The Urbz Sims in the city (KAWAII!~ I already finished it twice...in one year. WHich says a lot cause I don't play a lot! Or ever...)

The one I've been playing the most is HM. I got real far, like fourth year or something and majorlyy fucked up by dropping it and resetting it when I wwas saving. I ended up losing it all so now I started over. Have every intention of taking advantage of the Million dollar glitch. But sadly I forgot how to get a fishing rod and it's Summer :'( At least I make a living by selling grass to Van and give my woman sum of my juice...that sounded pervy and illegal but it's what I do.....

I meen green grass and other weeds and stuff.....I just keep digging my own grave here. There are these grasses you can pick up lying around town. And it sells for like a hundreed G (Gold coins. Dem ppl luv that grass! Oh crap! I did it again!) Anyway. I sell that to this guy you can rip of if you're really really good at gamblilng I guess.... He names a price and you don't exactly haggle, as much as wait untill the price he gives is good enough. You'll see how annoying this is if you play it.

Anyway. That is all good and  all but I only bring in like a good ten K's a day every once in a blue moon and I really wanna get married soon and the only way to do that is to use the cheat so I can get heaps of money so I can afford to bring back the lil guys. So can anyone tell me how to get the fishing rod please?
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2008, 09:05:55 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has played the game Lunar Knights? Hideo Kojima made this game, which is similar to Boktai, by using sunlight/lunar light, but this doesn't have the solar panel, like Boktai had. I have to say about this game CASKET ROCKET IS AWESOME! 
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 08:54:46 PM »
Just picked up Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and that shit it fuuuuuuuuuuun. I played a few other Castlevanias and loved them and this one doesn't seem any different. I like the Glyph system so far. I skipped Portait of Ruin (Gonna have to pick that up sometime), but compared to Dawn of Sorrow, I like this one more. I didn't like the weapon system in that one and I wasn't too keen on the anime art.

I've been looking for some other games for DS. The last time I played was Animal Crossing back in August (My house is probably filled with roaches). I was thinking maybe Metal Slug 7 or even giving The World Ends with You a shot after Tuffty mentioned it in the Best Games thread. I'm not a huge fan of RPGs (Though I don't hate them either), the character looks lame and the art doesn't excite me, but the idea of the fashion fighting system sounds kinda interesting, aside from it being trendy fashion. I'm thinking of picking it up once I get some mo' money.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
A while ago I saw screenshots of an upcoming (at least for europe, maybe it's been released in other regions already) JRPG for DS.
The thing is I can't remember the title and it was a game I wanted to keep an eye on.
The only thing I can remember from one screenshot is there were giant pieces of (strawberry?)cakes!!!
I don't know if they were enemies or part of an attack/magic move.
Anyone ideas?

edit: I found it! I remembered there was something about music in the title and BAM here it is: Rhapsody - A Musical Adventure!
And for anyone wondering about the cakes :drool:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:37:19 PM by coachie »

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
I think I only have 3 games for my DS, Pokemon Pearl, Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 Duo and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.  None of which I have yet to complete, though, I think I am close to the end of Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 Duo.  I also have 3 other cartridges for the DS, Bartender DS, Sommelier DS and Saketakumi DS.  These three however, I have not explored yet.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »
Thinking about getting a DSi for the wifey..

Wiki / Homepage

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »
I want one for myself. Then I don't have to use my sister's lite who doesn't use it anyways... But we aren't going to be seeing them here for a while still.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
That looks pretty cool. When I started reading it, I was hoping that the camera would be the biggest addition so hopefully the regular DS Lite's price would drop. The DS Lite wasn't enough for me to get rid of my original DS, but I may get the DSi when it comes out...if I got the cash.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »
finally got me a DS at Christmas! played Pokemon Pearl for a while now..also got me Chrono Trigger and Advance Wars DS..been wanting to get the new Castlevania as well as the new Phoenix Wright game.

I don't see what's the big thing about the DSi..what's the real difference anyway?

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »
read the wiki page.

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009, 02:19:28 AM »
So DSi is coming stateside like April supposedly?

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
I think I'm going to stick with my DS Lite for a while before I think about purchasing the DSi.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »
I don't think I'm going to get a DSi because they took away the backward compatibility. IMHO, that was a lame move. I guess taking pictures with it or whatever is cool... but I imagine most people already have phones that do that, if not a camera. I'm a big fan of GBA games, so that was a major turn-off for me.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2009, 03:51:52 AM »
Whoa. I missed the part about backward compatibility. I still have my GBA though. I'll probably end up passing on the DSi since I won't be able to rationalize buying another DS when my old one works fine. I probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway with stuff I NEED to buy this year.

I'm looking for some good side-scrolling action-type games. I like the Casltevanias and one Metroid I played. I have Astro Boy and enjoyed it for a couple of playthroughs, though a little bit difficult sometimes. I'm thinking about Metal Slug 7. I heard some complaints about being one-player, but I don't know anyone else who plays, so that's not a big deal for me.

Anyone got any suggestions?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Ocean