JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleep Warp - Tobuhana

Author Topic: Next Gen Consoles (PS4/XONE/WiiU)  (Read 13958 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: Next Gen Consoles (PS4/XONE/WiiU)
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 05:15:46 AM »
So PS4 is $100 cheaper, arguably better hardware, most of the same games with a few great exclusives, no DRM bullshit...

I think my mind is made up.

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 05:20:15 AM »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 05:21:57 AM »
Sony.....you had me at Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oh, and the 399 US, 399 Euro, 349 UK price tag. And the support of used games.

I don't know about the design. What do you guys think?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 05:23:54 AM »
No tire treads. :)

It's OK, it's pretty small, which is nice.  It's going to be more or less invisible in my black entertainment station, and I'm OK with that. Looks like slot fed, which is also a bonus.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:15 AM »
I can play games borrowed from my friends on it, and I can sell my games? like normally? check
I can put stuff on top of the console and it won't slide off it's curvy top surface? check
I can play Kingdom Hearts 3 on it?! check
I can play FF vers... FFXV on it?!! check
I can play the Pokemon x Final Fantasy monsters x Shin Megami Tensei monsters Battle Coliseum crossover game I always dreamed of on it?!!! some people are just so hard to please... XD

Glad I just got a pay raise. It's actually possible for me to buy one when it comes out. :)

Funny thing is Sony played MS with the DRM, by doing absolutely nothing.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 07:32:55 AM »
Missed the very end of Microsoft's conference and still need to go look at EA and Ubisoft. Kind of zoned out a couple times during Sony's. I really like how the PS4 looks and the price is good but the Sony conference dragged on. Xbox seems overpriced especially considering they still haven't shown any benefit of Kinect and it's disadvantage in specs. Neither seemed to have any really interesting exclusive games. A lot of focus on trying to get DLC first and what not. lol Titanfall looks different than I expected. Hearing Arthur Gies talk about it a few weeks ago I was picturing something like Crackdown meets Pacific Rim but it seems more like Call of Duty meets mechs. Which I guess makes sense considering it's the guys that made COD. :lol: Would have liked to have seen some actual Order 1886 gameplay.

Overall:

Good on Sony for listening and putting consumers first. :thumbup I'm actually kinda surprised, I figured they would go the same route as Microsoft.
Final Fantasy Vs/15 has a pretty crazy looking battle system now o_O
Destiny :bow:
Dark Souls 2 :bow:
Metal Gear Solid 5  :bow: :bow:

Now just waiting for Nintendo announcements tomorrow...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:37:58 AM by zoolander »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
PS4 is region-free too. :heart:

What can this thing not do? Are they gonna announce it can make popcorn next.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Stayed up til five in the morning to watch everything, then 2 hours sleep and then back to work, but it was so worth it!
M$ practically handed over the market to Sony on a silver tray.
I'll happily return to the Sony side of the force. The Ps4 is almost to good to be true!!!

It was cool how through all the conferences the audience was rather unenthusiastic clapping out of politeness but when Sony's No DRM announcement came they went wild.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
^ I looked it up :lol:

EDIT: This is funnier, especially if you watch Game of Thrones (tho not necessary)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:52:10 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
I can play FF vers... FFXV on it?!! check
Will FF15 even come out in PS4/XbOne's console generation? I think we are looking at the new Duke Nukem Forever

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Next Gen Consoles (PS4/XONE/WiiU)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
Just placed my PS4 pre-order. :)

Now to wait till January.

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
^ Also preordered my PS4, they are going to sell out pretty quickly this year. Got to get them early. There is a good chance that they will be released before January as well, I think Dec 31 is just a place holder date. I'm sure they want the system to be on sale at before X-mas.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »

Oh, and the 399 US, 399 Euro, 349 UK price tag.
A big difference is that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect included, for the PS4 you need to add $49 for the eye.

So the price difference isn't that much I think (not that I currently use the Kinect much).

I have not pre-ordered either, w'll see what is available for games when I want to play it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
So PS4 is $100 cheaper, arguably better hardware, most of the same games with a few great exclusives, no DRM bullshit...

I think my mind is made up.

You've just said what many gamers think right now. The Sony conference itself was....ok? It was awesome to see Supergiant Games (makers of Bastion and upcoming Transistor) up there but a lot of it was ok with the usual multimedia stuff we've all seen before. That AC4 demo though. Ouch. Gotta feel for those guys.

Really those last 15 mins saved it and practically defined the stand out winner of E3. It's a shame that it's come to a point where allowing used games or no online DRM should be seen as a feature to applaud, when it should never really be questioned to begin with. But no doubt Sony went for the juggular in that regard and the price point as well? Unbelievable, I only read about it when I woke up this morning, but watching Shi's videos back still makes me smile and get excited. Also, you had to be excited as well for FFXV and the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement. That in itself will be justification for quite a few people, even though it was revealed today that both will be multi platform.

The only potential downside, that a few people at least have now complained about, is the PS Plus subscription is required if you want to play online multiplayer. That's a shame if they feel that way, but honestly, it shouldn't be seen as a negative point. For the price of one retail game, for the year, you get unbelievable value for money and so much more value is returned to you at the end of it all then from what you put in. It's not a paywall like Xbox Live Gold is (I know they've announced free games each month too but that's only since yesterday.) Free games each month, discounts, cloud storage. You can't argue with PS Plus, you can't.

Have to laugh at this video as well, Sony puts down Microsoft in a short 22 sec video. :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »

Oh, and the 399 US, 399 Euro, 349 UK price tag.
A big difference is that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect included, for the PS4 you need to add $49 for the eye.

So the price difference isn't that much I think (not that I currently use the Kinect much).

Well, I wouldn't use Kinect and I'm not buying the Eye, so works out for me. I don't even keep a webcam connected to my PC.

Offline jokoa

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
well that DRM thing is just everywhere now, and it's just getting on everybody nerves -_- gonna go with PS4 though, from price, games, no DRM, and more important is the shape, because Xbox One is literally.. a box, enough said then ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
Microsoft's answer if you want an XBox One but can't because you have no internet? Get a 360 instead.

Oh boy. It's not even so much in what he said, but the way he said it. The hole is getting dug even further.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
well that DRM thing is just everywhere now, and it's just getting on everybody nerves -_- gonna go with PS4 though, from price, games, no DRM, and more important is the shape, because Xbox One is literally.. a box, enough said then ~
I was reading that Sony also has the DRM option for publishers to block re-sale, it just is not told 'out load' at the moment?

Xbox One is an entertainment center, most of its 'TV' options are not for me either, again its all to which games run where that I'll decide what to buy.

Not some hyped-up statements which are not even relevant to what I do with the it.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
Are there any vids of Nintendo's E3 conference other than the Pokemon X & Y trailer?

Offline ReDDsHaD0w

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 09:35:47 AM »

I can play the Pokemon x Final Fantasy monsters x Shin Megami Tensei monsters Battle Coliseum crossover game I always dreamed of on it?!!! some people are just so hard to please... XD

When I saw this I was like "Wait, what? They have a game like that...?"
Was so out of it I thought it was real and tried looking for it lmao. XD
Although I wish there was one  :P

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleep Warp - Tobuhana