JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Orange Caramel - Shanghai Romance

Author Topic: Just Maybe (SayaMilky) (Chapter 1) 9/15  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Sasshi

• Aoitan's admirer
  • Chihiron's follower
Just Maybe (SayaMilky) (Chapter 1) 9/15
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »
I once had a friend. A friend so wonderful, so kind and gentle that talking to her scares me a little. Not because she was kind, but because I was afraid that I might only end up hurting her. The thought of losing her because of that scared me, and as a result, I would always talk to her carefully, choosing the words I say cautiously before speaking out. But everytime I do, she would immediately see right through me, and with her soft voice, instructs me to calm down and just be myself. Assuring me that she would never leave my side like how the others did when they saw the other me.

For almost my whole life, I lived accordingly to how people see me. A clutz, a total airhead who can’t even answer a simple math problem, a perfect good girl everyone yearned to be as.

But that’s not me. I came to realize soon after I met her. The girl named Milky, the clutz who would do nothing but give off an airy smile whenever she does something wrong in hopes that she would be forgiven… That’s not me... For a long time, I’ve been wearing a mask just to be loved, becoming everyone’s image so they would come to like me and stay by my side…

Is it really that fun to become the school’s idol?

Her words rang in my mind endlessly. Come to think about it, is it fun? To keep a smile on when in truth, I just want to yell at their faces for being stupid. To purposely trip just to be called cute and to see people help me up and worry about me… Is it fun? Was it fun? I don’t know… In an instant, I felt like breaking my mask off and just show everyone who I really was.

Well, whatever. A kind Milky or a rebellious Milky. Either way, you’re Watanabe Miyuki, right? And Watanabe Miyuki’s my friend. My partner in crime and my vice-president. So it doesn’t matter. I'll stay as your friend nonetheless so don't worry. Just be who you want to be.

But then she left. Along with everyone else, she left.

If only I refused to believe in her words. If only I didn’t show her this cowardly side of me…

Then maybe, just maybe, Yamamoto Sayaka would have been my friend for much longer. And maybe, I would have been happier. Even if I lived a life- a personality- filled with nothing but lies.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:08:23 PM by Sasshi »

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
Re: Just Maybe (SayaMilky) (Prologue) 9/13
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
Got to have to give a proper comment, I might not be able to do it in the future. :lol:

So let's see...interesting way to start a story with an interesting prologue. I've always like fics that are a bit near realistic since you get to see life about hardships, fears and woes instead of a fairytale happily ever after stories that are so hard to come by now a days. This prologue sparks my interest since it hints of a school idol's woes on keeping an image before and having doubts about her maintaining a false image. It is hard, and frankly, risky too to keep an image, I mean who knows when it'll slip off and break. I've seen a lot of people like that irl, trying to keep a good image, but failing nevertheless and with people...leaving their sides after finding out their bad sides. Yep, kinda sad that you have to keep a mask on instead of being honest. Reminds me of my own experience...~ Mah, I don't care now. :lol:

Anyways, good start, keep it up and ganbatte! The pairing is really interesting, SayaMilky, to be honest, I've been craving for this pair more recently. :)
Thank you for the good read. :cathappy:
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
Yes, as Sieka-sama said, thsi perks up my interest too, and looks promising, so keep it up!  :)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:18:13 AM »
Oooh~ I like how this is currently put together. First starting in a friendship that has broken away... I love reading fics like this, same reasons as Seika, but also and especially because of the friendship.

Friendships that start off being best friends and drift away because of reasons known or not are, and always will be, an attraction to me. Half my entire life was like that. It's only natural that I'm attracted to them. If you've gone through it, writing a story like this becomes hundreds of times more realistic if you can remember the pain of being naive and losing a best friend.

So I think I can relate to Milky here...~ I tried to place masks on when playing with friends as a child, realized it wasn't just right for me, and I ended up losing all my friends that way. But I'm well off now, freely being myself and having friends with the same experiences or worse.

:3
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Oooh~ I like how this is currently put together. First starting in a friendship that has broken away... I love reading fics like this, same reasons asSeika, but also and especially because of the friendship.

Friendships that start off being best friends and drift away because of reasons known or not are, and always will be, an attraction to me. Half my entire life was like that. It's only natural that I'm attracted to them. If you've gone through it, writing a story like this becomes hundreds of times more realistic if you can remember the pain of being naive and losing a best friend.

So I think I can relate to Milky here...~ I tried to place masks on when playing with friends as a child, realized it wasn't just right for me, and I ended up losing all my friends that way. But I'm well off now, freely being myself and having friends with the same experiences or worse.

It's Sieka;)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Megumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:09 AM »
I hope to see more SayMilky fic here there was a interesting one somewhere but the author seems to stop writing it.  :cry:
and I'm to lazy  but Sieka-san just wrote what I though about this fic.(except for the personal experience stuff  XD)
So Sasshi-san I'm waiting patiently for your next update!

ArígatoU! :kneelbow:
Have tumblr have twitter. Just ask ^^

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
Oooh~ I like how this is currently put together. First starting in a friendship that has broken away... I love reading fics like this, same reasons asSeika, but also and especially because of the friendship.

It's Sieka;)

*stares* ... :grr: ... ?! D: *literally has this expression on my face right now* :err: :depressed: :kneelbow: I'm sorry... Thank you for point it out though... OR ELSE I NEVER WOULD'VE GOTTEN IT RIGHT...! :frustrated: :sweat:
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline ChuuuPuffss

• Maomao
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
Eh I have to give out a proper comment too.

Well, the prologue is somehow interesting yet dark and lonely. I mean, it's like angst is all over this fic... Just maybe though~  Some realistic fics are really hard to find but I guess it's hard to find coz' maybe only a small amount of people can write a fic with feelings spread over it. Not too much authors now a days write fics with a realistic plot. So, I guess reading this fic would somehow make a person learn a thing or two. Relate or not, I just might learn something. I just have a feeling this one is good. It must really hurt for Milky being the one with 'another side' and keeping up with a fake smile. And then, just at the moment she tried to change, a friend leaves. What the?.. I'll just wait for an update. Feed my curiosity! Keep on writing!  :deco:

I'm the lazy author who rarely updates.

http://melonpandayoo.tumblr.com/

Offline half-baka

• So much feels
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »
wow a sayamilky fic :D , looking forward to more updates!!  :deco:

Offline Sasshi

• Aoitan's admirer
  • Chihiron's follower
Re: Just Maybe (SayaMilky) (Chapter 1) 9/15
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
Hey~o! ; u ; Thank you for the lengthy and wonderful comments, everyone... I'm actually happy to see that a lot likes the idea of the story, but just in case... I would like to apologize in advance if ever I don't meet your expectations. "orz I'm not really that good of a writer, and I don't know much about Sayanee and Milky, so it's quite hard for me to write them.

That's why, if ever you think the story's slowly becoming dull and confusing, or that the characters doesn't seem to be written properly, feel free to tell me about it. "orz I hope it won't be the reason for you guys to drop this story though. ; ^ ; I'll really do my best for this one so... I hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 1

When I think about it, everyone around me, in my eyes, are the same. Just mere classmates who I talk to because they approach me- maybe I can call them friends, yes, but whether they are what I would call real or not, I don’t know. Because I don’t spend that much time with them. I’m famous. Everyone adores me. But at the same time, while I take their attention all the time, they have their own group of friends to be with already. And I never did belong to any of those groups. So in the end, I would always be alone outside the class- outside the school. No one to spend summer break with, no one to sing with in the karaokes- none.

And then I met her, Yamamoto Sayaka.

I joined the elections for the student council under vice president just to meet everyone’s expectations. They kept on saying how I would probably be a fun vice president if ever I win, so I joined, and won through their votes. She ran as the president by then, and also won as she was known for her hardworking attitude. I’m not one to believe in things like fate, but by then, it felt as if fate was toying with us, inevitably making us meet in the first student council meeting, giving us the two positions that could never function properly without the other one and making it impossible for me to run away from her as apparently, her apartment room was the door just across mine.

Coincidences, just mere coincidences. That’s what I wanted to say. But everyone else liked to see it as destiny, and seeing how much they stir about it when I ask them if it really is, I went along with it and befriended her. A move I never knew I would regret so much.

“Presideeeent. Hey, president. Heeeeeey.”

“Hmm?”

“How come it looks as if your chin is sticking out? Hey, hey, hey, are you a relative of Antonio Inoki?” With an airy look on my face, I asked her and smiled blankly. We were the only ones left in the student council’s room after the meeting had ended, and ever since everyone else made their way out, she never spoke a word and began on taking care with the paper works the teachers left for us to do (even though it was still our first day). And without even asking me if I wanted to help her or not as I was the vice, she handed me half of the pile on her desk.

For the first time, she took her attention away from the said paper works and turned to me, her eyes slightly wide and her brows raised up. Did I take it too far? I unconsciously asked to myself. But before I could even give my own question an answer, I heard her hold a snicker in. “So the well-known school idol is a tease? That’s surprising.” She simply answered back after a short pause, giving me a quick smug smile before returning back to signing some of the forms in her hand.

“Eh?” I answered back, half-surprised and half-confused of what she meant.

“What’s your favorite food?”

“…Eh?” I repeated as I furrowed my brows to the middle and tilted my head to the side. “Why?”

With her eyes still locked on the papers, and her hand busy writing things here and there, she replied in a straightforward manner without even giving me a quick glance at the very least, “Let’s eat after this. It’s already dark outside, and by the time we finish this, it will probably be past dinner time already.” Finally turning her head up, she gave me a smile, a smile that seemed so genuine that I couldn’t help but stare in awe, “You don’t want to go home with an empty stomach, right?”

I continued on staring at her in silence for a while longer, currently out of words as it was my first time to be invited to eat out. And then, remembering how I’m supposed to be Milky, the girl who would simply say okay with a lazy smile on, I immediately wiped the surprised look plastered on my face off and gave her that same plastic smile I usually wear around everyone. “Okay.”

“You haven’t answered my question yet though.”

“Hey, hey, are you going to pay for me?”

“Don’t answer my question with a question!”

I smiled a little inwardly as I watch her pout a little. Quite out of character when I look at her the same way everyone else does- an ever so serious girl who does nothing but work. “Barbequeeeee. Korean barbeques~ they’re delicious!”

“Barbeque? Korean?” She lifted a brow up again, looking at me as though I just said something ridiculous. Giving her the same look, though at the same time, trying to keep the ‘adorable’ image I often wear around people, I puckered my lips out a little, as if wanting a kiss. Of course, it was just to tease her. She shook her head slowly in return. “Hurry up and finish your share of work then. I’ll treat the two of us for… Korean barbeques after we’re done.”

“You’re treating me? Really?!”

“I just said I wi-”

“I’m going to start signing these things randomly then.”

“You can’t do that! Read them properly before signing!”

“Then I’ll read the first word and sign.”

“No, no. Read the whole thing!”

Seeing her furrow her brows down even more, I gave her a smile. “Why?”

“Because it’s an important task to do so.” She narrowed her eyes at me as soon as I smiled, as if she was slowly getting annoyed at my childish act. The smile on her face, however, proved that she wasn’t (despite the fact that it looked like a tired and forced one.) “If you do it half-heartedly then all you’re going to get is the soy sauce.”

My smile immediately turned into a pout. It didn’t seem like making puppy-like faces on her would work, so I decided to give up then and there and turned to the paper in my hand.

For the sake of barbeque, I suppose I can work diligently for once.

-

It was just like she said. The moment we finished everything, it was already past 6 and almost all the lights inside the school were off aside from those who had to use some of the rooms for their club activities and were asked to stay late. Darkness had already enveloped the whole city by the time we left in search for a place to eat at, and the lights from buildings, homes and streets were the only ones that lightened it up.

After a long time of walking around, looking for a place that had Korean barbeques in their menu, we eventually gave up, settling instead with gyoza. There was a gyoza restaurant not far from our apartment, and so we decided to eat there.

The restaurant was empty, much to our surprise.

We didn’t talk much on our way there, and so, with the same silence enveloping us, the two of us waited for our orders quietly. It felt weird. She kept on staring at me, as if she was searching for something, and for a second she would open her mouth only to close it without uttering a single word. I kept on giving her a look that says she could speak up, but she never did.

“I’m sorry for the wait, here are you orders.” The waitress’s voice was the only thing that broke the silence within the restaurant as she came to our table and settled two big plates filled with gyoza on it, bowing down at us afterward as soon as she made sure that there were no orders left before leaving.

I was about to pick one piece up with my chopstick and shove it in my mouth, but then before I could even lift one up, she finally spoke,

“Say, Watanabe-san…”

“Hm?” I turned up to her and smiled a little.

“I know that I don’t know you that much and it might sound weird asking this to you when we’ve just met and all but…” Separating one chopstick into two and picking a gyoza up, she looked back at me with both of her eyebrows lifted up, “Acting like this... Being everyone’s ideal girl, is it fun?” Just like that, she slightly dunked her gyoza on a soy sauce, propping it in her mouth next.

I gave her a stare in response, my eyes wide in confusion and my lips half-parted as I tried on searching for words to answer her question. None. Nothing comes to my mind. Probably I’m too surprised to even think straight. Or maybe I had no clue about her question. Playing as if I had no idea what she just said.

She continued on eating nonetheless, giving me one quick glance before smiling at me and pointing at my share, “If you don’t eat soon, your gyoza will get cold, you know.”

Nodding my head slowly, I began on eating, and even after we’ve cleared our plates, she didn’t ask for an answer. And it confused me even more. I wanted to ask her what the question was for, or where she even got it, but then I realized and thought…

Maybe… Maybe she could see right through me.

“Watanabe-san.”

My hand halted half-way from my apartment’s doorknob. We decided to head straight home as soon as we finished eating and much to my surprise, it seems like she was already aware how we were neighbors as she didn’t even ask why I was ‘following’ her all the way here.

“Yes?” I turned around after a quick and short pause, smiling at her a little to hide the fact that I was still bothered of her question from earlier. She bought it, or at least it looked like she did as she smiled back at me. A warm, friendly smile.

“Tomorrow, if you don’t mind, let’s go to school together.”

Is she plotting something? It was the only thing I could think of. The idea of going to school together with somebody for the first time seemed nice though. No one else knew where I lived- well, aside from her- and so I always stuck with the idea of going to school alone. It didn’t mind me anyway; at least by the time I reach the school’s gate, I would be drowned with everyone’s greetings. And in exchange for those, I would smile back at them; even if it was just a plastic and made-up smile to satisfy them and to live up with my image.

“Eh? Why?” I blurted out accidentally. Idiot! You’re supposed to just accept her offer, be the kind and gullible girl you are supposed to be. I sighed inwardly at my own failure.

“Well, we’re neighbors and we both go to the same school.” She answered in an instant, as if she has been preparing it in her mind just in case I would ask her, “It’s more fun going to school together with someone, right?”

“Well, you’re right but…” Smirking at her playfully, I titled my head to the side, a finger on my chin as I began on acting dumb, just so I could put my school image back on again, “I wonder if I should say okay~ should I? I wonder…”

“No? Okay then.” Shrugging her shoulders, she finally opened the door to her own apartment.

“Wait, wait, wait! It sounds like a nice idea; let’s go to school together tomorrooow”

“Good.” She turned around and smiled at me victoriously. Did she just trick me? “I’ll drop by to your place when I’m ready. Or at least knock on your door.”

“Okay…”

“Oh, and Watanabe-san?”

“Hm?”

“You don’t have to act in front of me, you know.”

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Great first chapter, though a bit quick that I didn't feel much of Milky's little dilemma with acting up as a school idol, getting a background about her is already enough to satiate it. Though expanding a bit of the emotions for Milky would have been great since it would really give more of a kick since we probably won't be seeing Milky lonely, meaning, alone before Sayanee arrives. You did great though with everything, although a bit too quick for my own liking since I prefer slow paced, it was satisfying enough for me, I like how you detailed everything about how Milky doesn't have a circle of her own and walks alone to and fro school. Character wise, I don't know, I think the way you did them both is good enough and while I do have pressing questions in my head, I'd rather just wait patiently for the next chapters, surely, they'd get answered anyways. XD

Thank you for this first chapter. Overall, you did good, try to slow down a bit, not too quick because pacing matters, sometimes there are good scenes to place in between so don't rush everything out. I had a fun read though, Milky's character here is really interesting. :)

Thank you again! ^ ^
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline half-baka

• So much feels
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »
yay an update!!!!
:deco:

lol awesome is sayanee making a move on milk ohohohohohoh :w00t:
thanks for the update and im excited for more!!  :love:
                                                                                    :deco:

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
Wow.. Though I'm new with NMB.. But if I'm not mistaken, it's just like their characters.. I mean, Sayanee is quite straightforward, while Milky likes to fool around..
Hm.. And Sayanee's straightforward is really the best! :D :D Waitinggggggg.. Really waiting~ :heart:

This is probably 1st SayaMilky fanfic I like XD

Offline chocopuddi

• Obsessive Idiot
  • KojiYuu is Heaven
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 06:24:07 AM »
This is great!! While I do agree with Sieka that the pace of the story is somewhat a little bit too fast, I suppose I can let that slide seeing that this is your first time writing and most of all, this is still the first chapter. Many things can happen and improve as the story goes! Anyway, I think you did a job well done for the characters. With the setting in mind, I think it's kind of hard writing the two-personalitied Mirukii especially since it's on her point of view- but somehow, I can still see both her playful side and her 'true' side at the same time! I could say the same to Sayanee too, though there are some parts about her that raises a question in my mind, her mysterious yet straightforward presence is just like her!

Over all you did a great job for chapter one, I just hope to see more on chapter two is all. A much lengthy one, maybe. Or that could be just me and my love for long stories. ^___^ Eitherway I'd still read this story, long or short, so please continue and update soon!

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
aww, it so good  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Poor Milky..it must be tiring wearing mask..

maybe Milky can be herself in front of Sayaka..

can't wait to see how the story will progress..

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline Amakuchi

• きたりえ推し
  • Member+
  • Retired writer
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 02:50:14 AM »
OMAYGEE! THIS IS SO GOOD! PLEASE UPDATE SOON! > w <

Google+Facebook | FilwotaTwitter | Wordpress | Tumblr
-Amakuchi=あまくち=アマクチ=甘口-

Offline Megumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
 :lol: Cool can''t wait for next update!

ArígatoU! :kneelbow:
Have tumblr have twitter. Just ask ^^

Offline phoenix0i

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Aigoo! Hwaiting!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 04:33:36 AM »
This fic is interesting. Too bad there's no update anymore.
Discovering the wonders of your vague imagination.
Taeny, Atsumina and SayaMilky <3

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Orange Caramel - Shanghai Romance