JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Wishing On The Same Star

Author Topic: Studio Ghibli Making Game with Level-5  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Studio Ghibli Making Game with Level-5
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:36 PM »
Japanese game developer Level 5 (Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, Professor Layton, White Knight Chronicles) has teamed up with venerated animation house Studio Ghibli (My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service) to make DS title Ninokuni: THE ANOTHER WORLD, the developer's first "10th Anniversary" product. Ghibli is handling the animation for the game, which will be bundled with a "Magic Master" book which is akin to the book carried by the game's protagonist. The book has a crest to ward off evil spirits and contains secret elixir recipes and spells. Players even use information in the book in-game, apparently. Level 5, you had us at animation by Studio Ghibli.

Link with scans

The potential awesomeness here is off the charts. Absolutely loved the charm of Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 outside of the EU) and Dragon Quest VIII, and they were great games in their own right. I'm very interested in this, I hope it will be released outside of Japan though.

*EDIT*

More scans
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:41:40 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Wishing On The Same Star