JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anoice - Liange

Author Topic: Runes of Magic  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Runes of Magic
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »

Quote from: from Wikipedia
Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment and adapted for the English and German speaking market by German company Frogster Interactive.

Classes
There are a total of 8 different character classes available in Runes of Magic. These are: Warrior, Scout, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Knight, Druid and Warden. The character race you choose to play will determine which 8 of those classes you have access to when creating your character, but the classes change depending on your particular race. For example, humans are not allowed to play as a Warden or Druid where as Elves cannot play as a Knight or Priest.

Guild Castle (YES)
Any level 7 + guild has the opportunity to buy a castle, each one having its own instance. The instance provides access to the guild bank and a tech-tree that will allow the guild to construct buildings with different beneficial effects. Recently, more features were added to the guild castles, for example: stables, farms, etc.

The game client is free to download, and no monthly subscription fee is required because the service is funded by real money transactions (RMT) in the Runes of Magic Item Shop.

---

After you register, right on the homepage, you can download the game. It uses a torrent like system to download, so I maxxed my connection the whole time. It's 5.6GB total, for you bandwidth limited peoples. The game will run on your computer, it's free to play.

I just decided to give it a go, after hearing some good things about it. While I'm very accustomed to World of Warcraft now, RoM isn't all that different. It's been said to be a WoW clone. I've made an Elven Mage on server Reni (USA region), named Michishige. It's pretty easy to figure out, and there's a tutorial if you want one. Come check it out with me!

Aren't I cute?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:55:12 PM by Amplifier »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
Re: Runes of Magic
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
i want to try but bitch just keeps updating... surely updates are now bigger that the original game :tama-mad:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anoice - Liange