JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Various Artists - Chim Chim Cher-ee

Author Topic: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 25 [Update: 07/16/14]  (Read 55530 times)

Offline Chanaline

• Bouyaaa
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm not English... Please Help me with that!
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 9 [Update: 02/24/13]
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
Mayu!!! Don't do that alone!!! It is too dangerous!!!
Mayuki = Cutest couple

Married?!-Mayuki fanfic (maybe it will have another pair)

Offline alexsher99

• Member+
  • I update randomly so keep on watch ^-^
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 11:31:32 PM »
You're close to disneyworld?   :shocked  You lucky!  XD  I'm 6 hours away from disneyworld  :lol:
Great update  :twothumbs :thumbsup :twothumbs
Can't wait for the next one  :yep:

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »
Mayuyu reach for Ayame!!  :cry: :yep:
wahhh  :cry: still crying!!
mariko please dont blame mayu  :cry:
thanx for the update i love it but poor mayu!!  :cow: :bow: :bow:
and you're really good at writing  :twothumbs
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 04:08:45 AM »
[Replies]

@Llyloo: Yes I call it short!  :on lol: I usually write at least +3,000 words for every chapter! And haha, glad you like it~  :hee:

@mo-chan: Ah, it is pretty complicated. I just hope that as the story progresses, the complications towards the story will smooth out and become easier to understand what exactly is going on.  :bingo:

@Chanaline: Mayuyu is such a risky girl here.  :OMG:

@alexsher99: WHAT!? That's TOO FAR away!  :on shady: And thanks!  :on gay:

@mayuki_daisuki: Holy goodness, you're going to like make a small lake full of your tears if every chapter is going to make you cry.  :OMG: (xD) And thank you very much for the compliment! Though like I stated earlier that I don't really view my writing as being great, I'm glad I could meet your exceptions.  :kneelbow:

Today is like 'LoyalFlutist's day for dumping whatever fiction work she has done with at the moment.' Well, yeah. I had my chapters typed out but it was sitting in my flash drive, waiting for the day it gets out on the net...

I'm so mean. Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

[Chapter 10]

Standing right outside of the motel room I was assigned, rain was coming down upon my now-drenched body. Despite wearing my coat, it was pouring down enough to make me shudder from the coldness. Not to mention how cloudy it was for a morning. My right hand gripped tightly at one end of the brown box, keeping it from moving around anymore than it should.

I'm in 'Road Cross Motel.' I'm not exactly sure who the owner is since I'm new to it, it was the closest motel I could find in between my home and the train station I had just visited. An outdoor type of motel, it was two stories high with a nearby coffee shop built in the first floor. Many green doors with room numbers engraved for clarification. The sign was seen with its lights turned on; shining through the rainy and depressive atmosphere. This place was just a perfect stop for those who planned to only stay for a week at the most. It was in a perfect location where one could travel either left, right or straight to their destination.

The white door lamp nearby lighted up the entrance for me. Taking out the key I was handed with, I inserted it into the keyhole. I twisted the key with one movement and heard a click. Now unlocked, I pushed the door forth and closed it shut behind my back. A shudder ran down my spine due to the chilliness. Not hesitating to take off my jacket, I threw it on the nearby and only bed within the room. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a white sheet of paper stuck on the wall. Notifications and some phone numbers to dial were listed on it. I then took the time to examine the room I was assigned with.

Standing in front of the entrance doorway, I could easily see the bed that I had just tossed my jacket on. Its white sheets and pillows were neatly placed in its position while the blanket with the color red of a royal king rested on the bottom half of the mattress. Small coffee table placed on the left side with the white motel’s operated phone located along with a black remote controller for the television across from it. On the same side of the room, there was a white closet door where one could hold their clothes and equipment within. A desk was seen opposite from where I stood; against the wall and window with scattered raindrops. On the right of the room was the bathroom that many would need. My eyes fell upon a wooden chair a foot or two away from the bed and a screened window. A small mini-fridge seen to keep drinks and food cool for a certain period of time.

I quickly walked over to the desk and gently place the box on top of its surface. Pulling out the office chair it was accompanied, I sat down. I didn’t decide to stop by my house to be honest. I was afraid that there would still be reporters. Even though I didn’t get a chance to grab some spare clothing for I knew I wasn’t going to come back to my house anytime soon, it didn’t matter to me. I knew Yuko and Mariko would worry about where I was, but I couldn’t risk having their presence nearby. I could tell that this box had something to do with my daughter. Something about Jurina’s current location. And I have a feeling that it only has to do with me and me only. Though it’s just a hunch, I just have to trust in my guts instinct. But before I decide to directly confront with the box, I got up from my seat to retrieve the remote controller.

The television from up above in the corner of the room; right above the desk turned on.

“According to our sources, a child disappeared from Akihabara district yesterday evening. She was last seen playing in the park with one of her parents. Full details are unknown, but following the disappearance of Jeremy Bowles, there is suspicion that this again may be the work of the Origami Killer. If confirmed, it will bring the number of victims to nine.”

Before the news reporter could say anymore, I flicked off the screen with one finger motion. I shook my head, afraid that the Origami Killer has taken Jurina is becoming a reality. Seating myself down once more on the desk, I began to dive into what was inside of the box. With hesitation, my right hand came over to the cover of the box and slowly, with the other hand, lifted it up. Only lifting it up so there was a small peeking space for my eyes. Quick glance. Nothing dangerous that seems to want to hurt me right away at least. Then completely taking it off, I gasped at what lays inside.

There were a couple of items waiting for me. I took each and every object out one by one, laying them on the table neatly. My hands were shaking as I was organizing it. A handheld gun with loaded magazines, a cell phone with a battery separated from each other and five different origami figures. A brown bear, a green lizard, a gray dolphin, a brown-ish black-ish butterfly and a black rat was seen. I reached out to the nearest one. The brown bear. I had chosen it and unfolded it in a very slow motion. My hands were still shaking, nervous at what was inside of it.

I was shocked to see what was inside of it. The brown paper was much bigger than I had imagined and contained a parking ticket with black printed lettering on the paper.

‘ARE YOU PREPARED TO SHOW COURAGE TO SAVE YOUR DAUGHTER?’

My eyes widen at the words. Right below the header was an address to a specific garage/parking lot. Speechless, I examined the ticket at hand carefully. Turning it to the back and back to the front, there was nothing special about it other than a car that needed to be picked up. I placed down the letter and ticket back onto the table. I then reached out to the phone’s battery. Picking up the touchscreen cell phone, I inserted it within its respective place and watched the screen.

There was a flicker. A loading screen that only stayed up for a couple seconds. Then a recorded video. The screen has a bit of hiccups from the recording, but it was crystal clear in terms of quality. Sound of rain was heard in the background of the video as it whipped in a slow motion to the left. A hole-no. A ditch where rainwater would fill up in order to avoid excessive flowing throughout the land. It was obviously barred so no one would be able to fall inside of it. But that wasn’t what I was paying any attention to.

I saw her. Jurina. Watanabe Jurina inside of that damn thing.

“Help… Dad, where are you?” her voice was weak. Tired. Exhaustion could be heard. I swallowed and tried hard not to smash the phone or my other hand on the desk from anger. My brows scrunched together. “Jurina!”

Jurina was seen hanging onto the metal bars, shaking. “I’m so cold… Dad!” I bit the bottom of my lip as I could do nothing other than painfully watch. Unable to help my daughter. “Dad!” The video was then cutting off with static; showing off every now and then Jurina’s terrified face. Then it completely cut off only to be replaced with another screen. White text shown.

‘How far are you prepared to save someone you love?’

I held the words that were going to exit my mouth and the tears forming from the corner of my eyes. My eyes were watery. Multiple thoughts running around in my now-scrambled mind. Too many things were happening at once now. I should be feeling glad to know that Jurina is alive. Glad to be able to see her. But I was not. Of course I was not. Seeing her in that ditch, cold and calling out for my help is not pleasant at all. Not at all. It hurts my heart to even see my daughter like that. To see her as the next victim of this cruel Origami Killer. Was I really dreaming or is this reality?

More text popped up next in a smaller font. There were about 20 lines like the one would play in hangman.

“Five origami figures. Each figure is a trail. Each trail provides Japanese characters. The characters reveal an address.’

Suddenly reading those statements, I got up from my seat rapidly. I saw an overview of the items on the desk and quickly took the phone. I shoved it within one of my pants’ pockets. A small pause. Looking over at the items again. I then took the gun with me and the unfolded bear origami along with the parking ticket. The rest of the origami figures were returned back into the box. With the lids back on it, I carried it. I glanced around the room, trying to figure out where exactly I can hide this from anyone’s eyes.

Under the bed. That thought came to mind when I saw the piece of furniture. I hastily pushed it under the bed and made sure the blanket and sheets would drape over it from any wandering eyes. And without wasting any precious moment, I was out of the room and fast walking towards my car.

I now know where Jurina is. I knew this was the work of the Origami Killer. I wasn’t dumb at all. No human being would play such sick games other than this… monster of a killer. I knew that if I didn’t save her in time, she would surely drown and die. And I already had enough to deal with from Ayame’s. But now I have a chance to save her. Save her from such nightmares. I will save her and I will be sure to bring her back alive. I won’t let anyone lay their fingers on my children anymore. I am willing to go through all of the trials just for her. Just for my daughter’s safety.

Determination, but also fear grew inside of me as I nervously hurried my pacing towards my personal vehicle.

‘I will save you, Jurina.’

----------

Wednesday, 9:31 AM. Takahashi Minami was busy briefing Lieutenant Blake, Captain Akimoto and Officer Kasai Tomomi with the case at hand. Wearing the same professional attire, she stood in front of the small room as a projector projected the one of the many images that she has to offer. The title ‘Origami Killer Victim’ was shown on the screen. A clicker was in her hand, pressing the button every now and then to change the images to follow with her speech. The three police officers sat in their seat; Sayaka and Kasai watching with interest while Blake himself yawned once in a while from boredom. 

“The killer is white, aged between 30 and 45. He doesn’t act on impulse but plans his crimes in a very meticulous fashion. He doesn’t have anything personal against the victims. That’s why he covers their faces with mud to make them anonymous.”

“Why does he kill them if he doesn’t have anything against them?” Kasai questioned.

A click with her clicker. Images of data and bar graphs seen behind Minami as she faced the female officer. “For him, they’re more of an image; a symbol. That’s probably why he gives them an origami figure as gifts to apologize for what he’s done to them.” Another click, revealing images and more data of the killer’s victim.

There was a scoff at Blake’s direction. “Very interesting… and where does all that get us?” There was sarcasm clearly hinted in his tone of voice as he lazily leaned his left arm against the back of the chair. He doesn’t seem too interested better yet even liking this entire briefing (even though it is very important to the case).

A frown was seen on Minami’s face. One can imagine that if this were a cartoon, there would be a red angry mark on the side of her head. “It builds up a profile of the killer and helps us understand the person we’re looking for. It might have been useful if it was done earlier in this investigation.” There was a short pause for her to catch her breath before continuing on. “One detail attracted my attention in this case. The interval between the time when a victim disappears and the time when the body is found ranges from three to five days. But the rainfall is always at six inches, give or take ten percent.”

“What on earth does that mean then?” Sayaka asked, focused on the topic at hand.

“All the victims were drowned in rainwater. The killer kills only in the fall when there is plenty of rain. It could be that he puts them in some sort of well or tank that is open to the sky and that fills up with rainwater. The more it rains, the less time the victim has to live…” Another short pause. Minami licked her lips, noticing the expressions on the three individuals’ faces showed. Aside from Blake that is, the other two were clearly alarmed at the small details.

“I then studied the geographical distribution of the murders,” she stated, clicking her clicker again. “Generally a killer commits his first crime near to where he lives so he has a safe place to flee to if any complications arise. The more confident he becomes, the further he roams from his base. By analyzing the locations where the victims disappeared, I was able to isolate a zone where the killer might live.”

“And what size is this er… ‘zone’?” Blake questioned with a shrug of his shoulders.

“For the moment, about ten square mile.”

“Oh great.” Blake’s voiced his annoyance and flipped his hands into the air for a second before dropping it back down lazily. “There must be ten thousand people living in that sort of area. No. Even more. It’s Akihabara, Tokyo. T-O-K-Y-O. Think about it girl. You gonna question them one by one?”

This made Minami snap and the volume of her voice suddenly increased up just a bit to show her anger. “It may not give us the address of the killer but at least it’s something to go on. Blake, if you’ve got a better plan, I’m willing to listen! Don’t be shy. I’m all ears-“

“So what’s next?” Sayaka’s voice interfered with Minami’s heated sentences, bringing her back to reality and the situation at hand. Coughing into her hand and throwing a glare at Blake’s direction, she resumed back to the topic.

“Two suspects whose psychological profiles might fit and can be connected to the ‘comfort’ zone. I’d like to question them.”

“God dammit, we’re wasting our time with this bullshit.” The voice that objected out was none other than Blake once again. Minami couldn’t help but roll her eyes at his words that came out of his mouth. “The killer is out there somewhere. We’ve got to get off our asses and find him!”

That statement just caused Minami to snarl at him. “Blake, I’ve had just about enough of your shit. You’ve been chasing this guy for what, two years and what have you caught, huh? Nothing. Abso-fuckin-loutely nothing!”

This too set off Blake. “Wait. Think you can do a better fucking job than me with your psychology degree and your great glasses? Well let me tell you something pal, that don’t mean zip when it comes to getting out there. You’re just a fuckin’ burreaucrat!”

“Your vast experience hasn’t prevented eight victims from being murdered!”

That did it for Blake. The small coffee table that held a small, yellow lighted lamp got kicked forth from him. In one move, the lieutenant got up from his seat and was breathing heavily. “Fuckin’ asshole… Don’t make me-“

“THAT’S ENOUGH.” Once more, Sayaka’s voice snapped both Minami’s and Blake’s back to reality from the heated argument. The two figures were quiet with Kasai in the background watching with concern written all over her face. Sayaka was not impressed with the attitudes that both Minami and Blake has, but there was nothing she could do other than break it up. “So, you said it took six inches of rainfall before the victim died. How much time do we have left?” 

Both Minami and Blake were facing away from each other; their backs shown. The FBI agent stared at the bright screen, trying to calm her temper in order to calmly answer Sayaka’s question. “If the weather forecasts are right… less than 72 hours.”

Next chapter is all on Takamina's action~  :whistle:

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 10 [Update: 02/26/13]
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 10:13:55 AM »
Wow. I want the next, I want to know what will happen **.

Thanks !

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »
I managed to hold in my tears a bit  :cry:
but i couldnt help shed them when jurina called out for mayu  :mon runcry: :heart:
yes mayu save juirtan  :yep: :bow:
thank you so much for the update  :cow: :bow: :deco:
i think im gonna drown  :mon dive:

Offline Chanaline

• Bouyaaa
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
The next please! Poor Mayu! Baka Mayu!!! Don't do it by yourself!!! Waaahh :angry:

It was so sad when she sees Jurina...
Mayuki = Cutest couple

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2013, 03:58:19 AM »
OMG! MAYU!!...aaah~ its dangerous!!

I know you dont want jurina like ayame incident but...but think about yourself too...

I got a feeling this is not going to turn well for mayu,at least in the end...maybe she could safe jurina but not herself.ah scary

Its suposse to be mayuki,im still hope mayu and yuki make up their relationship,even its just in short time

Thank for the update,cant wait mayu action! Go gò dr.watanabe!
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »
IM NEW,BUT THIS REALLY SAD MY MAYUKI

Offline alexsher99

• Member+
Oh! NOOOOO!!!!  :mon scare:
Mayu!!!!  :mon duh:
What's gonna happen to Mayu and Jurina?????  :mon whine:

Please update soon  :mon star:

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
[Replies]

@Llyloo: Here's the next part of the story!  :hee:

@mayuki_daisuki: Mayu will finally get a chance to save Jurina! And oh my... You're not gonna drown on me! Don't make me be framed for the Origami Killer 2.0 version! (Instead of drowning in rainwater, it's your own tears created by this sad story. xD)  :shock:

@Chanaline: Ahhhhh, Mayu is most likely going to get herself in danger here... alone...  :fainted:

@kurogumi: I'm sure that Mayu here wants to do anything in order to save Jurina at this point. And yes! It's suppose to be Mayuki (and does end up ruining the tension of whether or not Mayu and Yuki will come back together. xD) so we'll get to see them soon in the future~  :on lol:

@gek geki: First of all, welcome to Jphip! Especially to this fan fiction section of the forum. :jphip: Yeah, this fiction isn't quite on the comedic or even happy-go-lucky side. :sweat:

@alexsher99: I wonder too? Will she save her or fail? What will happen? Many questions that remains to be unanswered. And here's an update!  :on gay:

Hai! I suppose another update doesn't hurt. I'm like half-asleep right now so yeah... (Almost midnight in my area right now)

Anyway, those who are wondering "WHERE DA HELL ISH MEH MAYUKI?!" then it'll occur very soon. (Hint: Two moar chapters!) I bet you're all looking forward to it, neh? :farofflook:

Enjoy reading through this chapter! (and random Shelby moment that we all needed and don't really care about. xD)

[Chapter 11]

Takahashi Minami was climbing up the stairs of an apartment. Each step that she took made an annoying and creepy creaking sound. Outside light shined through the clear window and into the area that she was in. As the agent went up the stairs, right behind her was none other than Lieutenant Blake. As much as she hated him and wanted to just toss him out the nearby window, he was her partner after all. She’s stuck with him the entire ride with this case. Oh how much Minami wished she could partner with someone like Sayaka or Kasai.

The two figures now stood in front of a door. There were the stairs still going upward, but they have reached their designated location. Faced with one of the two doors standing next to each other, Minami gave it a knock on the brown wooden surface. No response from the other side. The agent could feel the glare coming from the lieutenant behind her back. Glancing over her shoulder, she looked at him before knocking at the door once more. Again, no reply.

Giving up, Minami then backed away from the door. “No answer. We’ve wasted our time coming here…” She had her hands on her hips as Blake was seen leaning against the dirty white wall with his arms crossed. He tilted his head to his left just a tad bit. “Maybe we should have a little look inside anyway.”

“There’s nobody home.” Minami wasn’t actually sure whether there was someone or not. Maybe the individual they were looking for was just not answering at all. But Minami wasn’t the kind of person that would go against someone’s will unless it is needed. Blake pushed himself off the wall and slowly approached up to the door. There was a small pause before the sound of a loud crash was heard. It was produced from his foot coming into contact with the surface of the wooden door. It swung violently forward and nearly recoiled back into his face if it weren’t for Minami standing nearby. Blake turned his head to the left so he was able to face the agent. “There is now.”

Minami was stunned at his action while the man went inside. “I’m not sure that’s entirely legal,” she commented out loud, still standing outside. A couple seconds has passed and Blake’s head popped out from the corner of the room. “Call the cops then, sweetie.” Left with no choice, she followed him inside.

Left and right upon entering the house was quite surprising for the two authorities. Crosses and candles that were lit were seen literally everywhere. On top of the counter, the shelves, the drawers, the dining table. Just everywhere. Lights from the candles were the only lights being produced within the house aside from the outside lights in windows that were, well, not really seen in this place (due to the fact that they had cardboard keeping it tightly closed). There was also a haunting and chilling atmosphere that hung in the air, making Minami think about just leaving the room. Especially with the air quality within the room. It was just enough to make her want to open any available window just for some fresh oxygen to be put inside of her poor lungs. But with Blake’s presence here, she didn’t want to back out at all. She’s seen worse.

“Looks like Nathaniel Williams is a pretty religious guy…” Minami stated as she observed her surroundings. ‘Wow. This place really is giving me the creeps…’

“He’s a God-fearin’ idiot waiting for the end of the world,” Minami heard Blake throw a harsh remark as she examined her surroundings. “We questioned him a few months back because he was causing a disturbance in the park. He was ranting and raving, said he heard voices.” The shorter girl came over to the dining table and leaned down, seeing that there was a bible book with prayer beads resting on top of it. “Got this idea in his sick little head that I was the Anti-Christ and that I’d come to Earth to persecute him. Real twisted…”

‘I think your presence alone would persecute anyone…’ she rolled her eyes. Continuing to observe her surroundings, she couldn’t help but feel chills run down her spine. She walked over to a nearby area in the corner of the room where a group of candles were lit. Bending down, she began examining. ‘The candles are still lit. He should be back soon…’ Getting up from her position, she noticed that there were portraits of Jesus and a model of him on a cross in front of her. Her eyes gazed over the portraits that were hung on the wall. ‘This man really is a religious believer of Jesus. Rare to find someone that dedicated to a religion belief here in Japan…’

Minami moved onto the next room, met with walls covered with writing. All which were quotations from the Bible. Just the way the room was set up is like a haven for an overly religious monk. Still looking around, there was nothing that would interest her or even the case alone. Bathroom had nothing. Cabinets within the rooms had nothing. The kitchen sort of had nothing. The only thing that Minami would note is the amount of medication bottles found. Many of which she hasn’t even seen before in her life and only would show up in the medical textbook once. Her eyes trailed over to the sink and nearly flinched at the sight.

The plates were in the sink. That wasn’t out of the ordinary. However, the only thing that was completely and one hundred percent out of the picture was the substance on the plates and sink. She couldn’t see well in the dark but the smell of metal could be sensed. Along with it was the color red on those objects and equipment. Possibly they could be blood. But whose? Minami didn’t want to figure out and backed away from the sink, scrunching her face in disgust. ‘The guy’s taking a break from reality I could tell… Holing himself up here in this crazy apartment…’ Shaking her head, she walked away from the kitchen and back into the main room.

‘All the signs of a mystical-obsessive neurosis compounded by a persecution complex…’ While Minami walked back and forth, pondering with her thoughts, she heard the front door open. Blake from behind her could be seen rushing towards the entrance way.

An old man wearing a dirty white collared long sleeve shirt and brown vest was seen entering into the house. He had a bag of grocery in one hand and dropped it on the ground. It seems that he noticed something was amiss in his home. “Good timing, Nathaniel,” Blake’s voice boomed behind the poor man’s back. “Just the man we’re looking for…” Minami quickly took this chance to also appear the opposite of where Blake was standing as Nathaniel turned around to face the lieutenant.

“Angels and minsters of grace, defend us…”

“Er.. I’m agent Takahashi Minami, FBI. I’d like to ask you a few questions.” Upon hearing Minami’s voice, the man did another quick to turn so he was able to face both Blake and Minami at the same time.

The man simply stared at Minami. His expression was serious as he spoke. “As God is my witness, I haven’t done anything. I’m innocent.” The tone of his voice and the way he was acting. He was scared. Of course. Suddenly being greeted by a police officer and not to mention an FBI agent is more than enough to unnerve someone. Not to mention a short girl that looks seriously but friendly at the same time. “Relax, nobody’s accusing you of anything. We just want to talk.” Minami hoped to calm down the man, which she was somewhat successful at doing.

Nathaniel had the look on his face that he didn’t like the two figures. But he wasn’t doing anything or making any attempt to run. So Minami began questioning him.

“Why all the crucifixes? Are you afraid of something?”

“The hour is nigh and the wrath of God shall strike men down! I’m preparing for the end of the world.”

There was a pause before Minami began asking the next question. She was forcing her eyebrows to stay put and resist the temptation to raise them up into the air. ‘End of the world? Really. 2012?’

“Nathaniel, do you remember where you were last Tuesday at 4:30 PM?”

“Here. I was here… I was praying all day.”

“Was there anybody with you?”

“No… No, I was alone.”

“Where do you work, Nathaniel? Do you have a job?”

“My sole-occupation is praying to the all-merciful lord for the salvation of humanity.”

“What about the voices, Nathaniel?” Blake’s voice interrupted the flow of their conversation. He was demanding answer from the religious man. “Do you still hear voices?”

No reply from the man. Nathaniel lowered his head, looking at the ground in silence. That ticked off Blake for his approached the man. His tone of voice became dangerous and began accusations. “We know who talks to you, don’t we, Nathaniel? We both know who talks to you.”

Nathaniel was clearly shaken, his voices coming out word by word in a harsh tone. “Don’t… speak… that name!”

“What does he say to you, Nathaniel?”

“Blake, what are you doing?” Minami was trying to interfere into their conversation, hoping to steer the man’s attention away from Blake, who was interrogating him. Sadly, the two men ignored the shorter girl; only focused on each other.

The man shook his head, still looking down on the ground. “I-I can’t talk about it. You mustn’t talk about it…”

“He orders you to go find new prey, doesn’t he?-”

“That’s enough! Leave him alone Blake!”

“-He needs more and more, hm? Am I right, Nathaniel?”

“No…. Nooo. You mustn’t mention him. Please. You’ll bring him here!”

Again, Minami for the third time tried to stop Blake with a failed attempt. Blake was becoming more demanding, his voice becoming harsher and harsher with each word spat out of his mouth.

“He told you to go and find that kid in the park-”

“Carter, shit, are you out of your mind!?”

“-The voices tormented you all night long. You wanted them to stop, didn’t you, Nathaniel?”

“Stop! Stop, that’s enough!” the poor man begged, his body still shaking at the words being thrown at him. But that didn’t stop Blake at all. Not even lighten the words that exited out. Instead, it just made the situation worse. The lieutenant grabbed the shirt’s collar of Nathaniel and brought their face close to the point their noses were almost touching. His iron grip kept ahold of the collar. “So you obeyed them to make them stop. You took that boy with you and you drowned him, isn’t that right?”

“No. Nooo. Stop! Stop!” His cry of pleas was soon cut off when Blake threw him down on the ground in front of him. A slam was heard resonating in the air when his back came into contact with the hard floor.

“You killed them, didn’t you Nathaniel? Are you gonna confess, you bastard?”

Before Minami knew it, Nathaniel stood up with a gun in his hand. And that gun was aimed at Blake. Reacting quickly, Minami too brought her gun up into the air and pointed it at Nathaniel.

“You are the Anti-Christ,” he uttered as he glared at Blake.

“Put down the gun, Nathaniel!” Minami called out to him, only to no avail.

“I shall dispatch you to your father in Hell! He is the son of Satan! He was sent to Earth to destroy us!”

Blake quickly looked over at Minami while being pointed at blank range. “Shoot, Takahashi! For Christ’s sakes! Shoot!”

From the event that is unfolding at hand, Minami surely is stuck in a bad position. She had a choice whether to shoot the man or not. Whether to have Nathaniel’s life severed or Blake’s. As much as she hated the lieutenant, his life clearly is in danger and she cannot allow that. Not at all. Not a single life to be cut off today. Gritting her teeth together, she hoped to persuade the man to lower his weapon. “You’re not gonna kill the Anti-Christ with a revolver, Nathaniel. He’s much too powerful for that.” Minami knew that no other words would convince this man. This religious man to be precise. Minami was going to speak more when Blake interrupted her.

“Anti-Christ my ass! Get the gun outta my face!”

“Keep calm. Everything is gonna be fine, Nathaniel.”

Nathaniel’s head whipped back and forth rapidly between Minami and Blake. His gun still aimed high and not budging. “Demon, you shall regret confronting the emissary of the Lord! You shall know divine power!”

“Now… gently put the gun down on the floor…” Minami wanted to go on a more gentler approach. Doesn’t seem like anything is working on this guy right now.

“Christ all-powerful, defend us in our battle with the forces of Evil, protect us from the cunning and wiles of the Demon! May God Almighty manifest the power of His Empire and may Divine Power cast Satan and all the other spirits that prowl the world in search of souls into the darkest depths of Hell.”

“Concentrate on my voice, Nathaniel. Listen only to my voice!” She was becoming desperate for the man to stop. “Back away slowly!” It took a couple of seconds before Nathaniel did as he was told. He slowly took a few steps backward, his gun still raised up in the air. Minami next statement then proposed that he drop the gun. “Now drop the gun. Drop it, Nathaniel.” Again, he did as he was told like an obedient child. Maybe it was because Minami had the gun too at blank range with him. Or maybe it was because she was a girl. An FBI agent? A person that didn’t resort to force like Lieutenant Blake here? Who knows.

“Put your hands on your head!” She eyed him carefully as the man brought his two hands up on top of his head. “Turn around!” Once more, he did as he was told. Blake, now safe from any sort of weapon aiming to cut off his lifeline, came up from behind Nathaniel and placed his hands on top of his shoulders; ready to handcuff the religious man and take him away. But something happened. Something that nearly caused Minami to pull the trigger at Nathaniel.

The man quickly whipped around in Blake’s grasp and pulled out an object.

“Motherfucker!!” Blake’s voice exclaimed his surprise and backed away a couple steps rapidly. Minami was just about to pull the trigger in fear of the man pulling out a weapon that would harm Blake. But it wasn’t that at all. Nathaniel simply was holding out a wooden cross in his hand. Holding it out proudly and aimed it at Blake. “In the name of the Lord, I exorcise thee, Satan!”

A pause. A short, but relieving pause. Then a sigh from the agent’s direction. She lowered her gun and watched Blake handcuff the man with a stern expression. “Okay freak, the show is over. You’re under arrest.” After securely getting him in those cuffs, he walked out with the man in his grasp. “Pretty damn cool, under the circumstances,” he added and stopped for a brief second. Blake glanced over his shoulder and shrugged. “I woulda just shot him.”

Minami licked her lips and crossed her arms; gun still in her left hand. “A gun isn’t the answer to every problem, Blake.” She wiped away the sweat that was collecting on her forehead with one of her sleeves.

“Heh. Maybe not, but most of the time it helps.”

---------

10:37 AM. During this morning, Shelby was seen driving in his white old fashioned car. The kind of car you would only find back in the 1980s. As he drove through a neighborhood where each house were actually distant from each other at a good amount of space, he slowly approached to his targeted destination. He came upon a small, one story home. Trash can was flipped on its side and the content were spilled out. Not picked up at all by anyone. Shelby drove the car up near the garage and parked it. Quickly stepping out of his car, he slammed the driver’s seat door and examined the house.

The house was the kind of house that wasn’t found in any sort of rich neighborhood. But it wasn’t as poorly done in poorer parts of the district. There was a reason to why he had to stop by inside of the house. A reason that concerns to the case he has at hand about the Origami Killer.

Coughing into his hand, he walked over to the front entrance door. He knocked on it, but found that there was no response. Tried ringing the doorbell and opening it. Not working at all. That prompted him to walk all the way to the back of the house to see if there was a back door. And true, there was one. He approached up to it and to his surprise, was already unlocked. ‘Something feels off,’ he told himself before pushing it forth. Shelby peek his head inside of the house, looking left and right only to find no one. Or sort of. There was the sound of a baby crying echoing throughout the house. “Anybody home?” he called out. “Mrs. Bowles?” Still no answer other than the wails of the baby.

Finally taking a step inside of the house, he closed the door behind him and sighed loudly. Shelby wanted to get rid of the baby’s crying. Not because he hated baby. It was only because he didn’t want them to cry. So going into the living room where furniture, tables and a television were seen, a baby crib sat on the right side of the room. The crying was heard emitting from that location. Coming over, Shelby’s expression softened when he saw the little kid. “Hello, little cutie! You’re looking for your mamma?” The baby simply waved their hands back and forth, still crying. Shelby scanned around his surrounding and found no sight of Mrs. Bowles. He surely knows that this baby belonged to her. So why wasn’t she here, caring for it?

Then he remembered seeing a white note laying on the ground when he entered the house. Telling the baby that he would be right back, he turned around and walked over to the note. Shelby kneel down, his right fingers’ tip brushing against the note. There was a brief note that got straight to the point. Written in neat cursive with a black inked pen.

‘It’s too hard. I can’t stand it anymore. Take care of my baby.’

“Oh, Jesus! Wait a minute,” he muttered under his breath, eyes widening at the situation at hand. “This can’t be good at all. Not good.” Quickly getting up, he immediately noticed multiple beer and wine bottles on top of the coffee table beside the note. ‘God no. She can’t really be doing it.’ Without wasting any precious moment, he quickly traveled through the house. First heading straight towards the nearest room he could find. In one move, he opened the white door only to find a bedroom and another door that could possibly lead to the bathroom. The baby’s crying heard in the background.

“Mrs. Bowles? Mrs. Bowles, are you there?” he questioned with a nervous tone. There was no answer within the bathroom. He’s truly afraid that he might be too late. Not leaving him with any choice, he decided to use brute force to open the door. Shelby used his shoulder, slamming it against the door. Going once, going twice. It took the third try to burst open the door. Stumbling forward, he caught his balance and turned his view over to the bath.

His eyes opened even wider from horror. “Aw shit!” The woman that he was looking for; an American woman that resided here in Japan that he was looking for was in the bath unconscious. Her eyes were closed and head rested against the back of the white bath. She was dressed in a white nightgown, water up to the lower part of her arms. And blood. There was blood seen. Shelby could immediately tell that they were fresh for the blood within the water barely dispersed evenly on both sides of her body.

“Mrs. Bowles! Mrs. Bowles, can you hear me? Wake up!”  He lifted her right arm up and saw a huge gash created on her wrist. The gash that only suicidal victims would create in order to cause death upon themselves. “Wake up!” Trying to stay calm despite what was going on, he took a full minute to carry her out of the bathroom. Her wet body dripped of a dark pink-ish color due to the mixture of blood and H20 together. Not bothering to think, he gently placed her down on the nearest bed (supposedly thinking that it is hers). After adjusting and fixing Mrs. Bowles’s body position, he then said, “I’m gonna call an ambulance-“

“No… I… I don’t wanna go to the hospital…. Please….”

Shelby was surprised to find the woman suddenly awake before his eyes. But he understood what she wanted and respected her wish. “You got something ‘round here I can dress this wound with?”

“Yeah… I think so…”

“Okay then. Don’t move. I’ll be right back.”

As the lady rested on her own bed, Shelby went back inside of the bathroom. His eyes examined around and caught sight of the cabinet up above the clean, white sink. He came up to it and opened up the cabinet’s door. ‘Let’s see… I need this, and this and this.’ The detective grabbed all of the medical equipment that he needed and rushed over to the wounded woman on the bed. “I’m here for you Susan. You’ll be alright… I’ll take care of you.”

Beginning to take care of her wound, he applied pressure to the huge cut on her wrist. He could hear her stifle a gasp from such sudden force upon the sensitive area. His facial expression darkened as he dressed the wound, worried about her health. “Stay with me, Susan. Susan, do you hear me? Susan, stay with me. Can you hear me? Stay with me, okay?” He wanted to make sure that she doesn’t slip back into her unconscious self or even worse, die on him. “Come on…”

After a short, but agonizingly long for the two figures, event, it was over. Shelby leaned back and observed the fresh white bandage that kept the blood from flowing out any further on Susan’s wrist. Sighing loudly with relief, he looked at her. “There. I’ve done what I can and hopefully that should stop the bleeding. Luckily the wounds aren’t too deep.”  Noticing that the young married woman didn’t answer him or even reply back, he stopped speaking for a second.

“Hey…” he placed his left hand on top of her right shoulder. “How are you feeling? Are you okay?”

“…My baby.”

‘Huh?’ He was confused for the moment when she suddenly sat up from the bed, stating her concern about the baby. “My baby needs me.”

Shelby had to push the younger woman gently back down on the bed while getting off the edge of the bed. “Right, you stay there. I’ll take care of the baby for you, Susan, okay?”

“Do you know what to do? With a baby, I mean…”

The private detective couldn’t help but want to chuckle out loud even in a situation like this. Maybe because of his age and stereotypical opinion that he’s a man made her somewhat concerned with caring about a baby. “I’m a private eye. There’s nothing I can’t do.”

“Okay then… Her name is Emily.”

He bobbed his head and flashed a small smile at her direction. “Gotcha.” He left the room and didn’t come back for a good ten minutes, busy caring for the baby. Feeding and changing her diaper to be exact. While he was away, he was taking very good care of the baby. Taking care of Emily till she fell asleep after rocking her back and forth gently. When he returned back, he saw Susan sitting on the edge of the bed. Waiting for him to return. “Thanks for looking after my baby…. I honestly didn’t want to leave her…” While she spoke, Shelby sat by her left side, listening to her story.

“I just couldn’t cope anymore.” A deep breath. “Just… not having Jeremy around… He was such a good boy… Can’t understand why anyone would want to hurt him…”

“Do you take care of this baby on your own? Doesn’t Jeremy’s father live with you anymore?”

“He disappeared… The day after Jeremy… I don’t know what happened to him… Maybe… Maybe he couldn’t take it… Ever since I had to look after Emily all on my own and… I couldn’t do it anymore.”

Shelby’s expression softened and felt sympathetic for her loss. “I understand…. I really do understand… Did your husband say anything before he disappeared? Did he leave a note or something?”

“No… He left the house without a word and… There was just the cellphone.”

“A cellphone?”

“Yeah. I found a cellphone in his dresser. I’m sure it wasn’t his. I’d never seen it before… I tried to turn it on but it didn’t work.”

“Do you still have it?”

“Yes. It’s… It’s in the drawer in the living room. You can have it if you like. I’m sure it’s of more use to you than to me…”

“Do you have any family or anybody to help you?”

“Yeah, my mother… I didn’t want to ask her for anything. We don’t’ really get along. But I guess I’m out of options.”

“Well, look after yourself… and Emily.”

“I will. I promise.”

Then with those last words, he waved her farewell and walked out of the bedroom. As he made his way out, he went straight to the living room and searched through the drawers for the cellphone she has mentioned.  Going through a couple of them, he finally found it. In the top drawer of the desk, he saw a cellphone resting alone inside of it. (A cellphone closely similar to Mayu’s) He picked it up with one hand and pressed the center button. It turned on, but there was just static. Shaking it up and down a bit, he made a soft ‘hmmm’ with curiosity. He wonders to himself why the phone was left like this. Guess he’ll have to figure it out during his private time in his office.

Before taking his leave, he came over to Emily’s crib and patted her on the arm. “You take care of your mother, okay?”

Next chapter will focus on Mayu! You do not know how tough it is writing the next chapter...  :temper:

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline jell_o_jello

• ecchi
  • Member+
Oh no, Mayu is in danger :panic:
Someone please go save her :bow:
But seeing you said MaYuki moments are to come, I guess I shouldn't be too worried. Anyways, I'll just enjoy the ride til we get there XD

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
omg what is happening in this chapter  :shocked
“Anti-Christ my ass! Get the gun outta my face!” haha i laughed at this bit :lol:
yay mayu will have a chance to save jurina  :deco:
"You're not gonna drown on me! Don't make me be framed for the Origami Killer 2.0 version!" haha i wont drown on you dont worry  :nervous :rofl:
thanx for the update

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
..I've typed quite long when my browser decided to crash, oh God *rolls eyes*

Anyway, thanks for the update!

So the killer left a cell phone for the fathers to search for their kids, and the fathers don't come back from the search as well? Oh Mayu... I hope nothing bad will happen :/
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
I want moar, even if I don't have internet for some days, I'll find a way to come here and read it èwé.

Offline alexsher99

• Member+
Nice update   :twothumbs
Can't wait for the next one  :w00t:
Oh! Can't wait for the MaYuki part!  :lol:

Offline Chanaline

• Bouyaaa
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Woooah :shocked

I'm scared for Mayu  :(

I want Mayuki LoyalFlutist-san  :bow:

Thank you for this update!

PS:How can you write all your fanfic? Where your imagination come? You scare me :nervous
Mayuki = Cutest couple

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
jeremy father never comeback?

Then...then...mayu...,well she's smart so...omg! I cant wait the next chapter!

RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
[Replies]

@jell_o_jello: Definitely enjoy the ride. It'll be painful but worth it all.  :bingo:

@mayuki_daisuki: I'm glad I could make you laugh even for a little bit. And good! But if you do, I'll save you!  :cool1:

@Yuki88: Oh no! Bad computer! And I hope so too.  :prayers:

@Llyloo: LOL, ganbatte!  :on lol:

@alexsher99: Here's the next part!  :stuffed:

@Chanaline: Be patient! They'll come~ (in like the next chapter xD) To answer your question, I just have a very vivid imagination playing in my head every single day. (Especially when I'm bored in my classes during the lectures. xD) With this fiction, I don't have to think too much other than change a couple plot moments because this is based on the Heavy Rain game. Not to mention I type the chapters ahead of time so I could just upload them whenever I feel like it. However, for the other fictions, I have to rely on taking my time (and based on my mood) to type them up. I kinda wonder myself how I can write all these fictions (including OS)....  :on shady:

@kurogumi: Mayu is smart, but we'll have to see what she does in this chapter.  :shock:

Not much to say other than I will leave this update up since a) It's been sitting in my flashdrive for who-knows-when and b) Schoolwork is eating my time little-by-little. I'm afraid to end up extending even more time with my updates.  :sweatdrop:

Anyway, enjoy this update! (and please spare me with this chapter. Just don't throw rocks, pebbles, frying pan, fireballs, open fire with flamethrowers-oh, you get what I mean.  :nervous)

[Chapter 12]

Wednesday, 11:03 AM.  Just a couple hours since I had picked up the box containing key objects to get to my daughter. I was walking briskly on the empty sidewalk. It was still raining heavily, so not many pedestrians were outside. Somewhat I’m thankful for that since I’m in no mood to handle with any large crowds at the moment. Straight ahead, I could see the parking/garage building. The building that I have to enter in. I glanced at the ticket at hand and looked back up at the sign above the huge entrance way.

‘AKIHABARA GARAGE GENERAL HIRE SERVICE’

It looks like a building that is not only for parked cars but also for cars sent in for repair. Gripping the ticket tightly in my right hand, I turned to my left and entered. Rain stopped pouring down upon my small body once I entered within. It wasn't warm but I was slightly relieved from that. A shiver from the suddenly slam of coldness hit against my skin underneath the wet clothing that clung against it. I then looked around. There was multiple tools and equipment used for repairing vehicle seen scattered everywhere. Some were hanging up on the wall while others were on the ground. But they were all pushed against the wall so the customers wouldn’t trip over them. On the right of the room was a huge green wall where it splits between the outside area and the small office room from behind. Papers and an old computer models that would only be seen back in the 90's was seen behind the glassed window on the wall.

I walked past by it and further inside of the room. I saw a white van to my left, lifted above the ground with a metal supporter. Underneath was a young Japanese man in his mechanic attire. His back was resting against a flat, rolling device that helps one insert themselves easily in and out from below. He was busy screwing and tightening bolts within the car, not heeding any attention to me.

“E-Excuse me,” I politely called out to him, hoping he would hear me. But to my disappointment, he didn’t hear me and continued on with his work. A little irritated, I called out for his attention a slightly louder tone. "H-Hello!”

That did the trick for his arm movements halted to a stop. In one move, he got himself out and apologized. “Oh, ah, sorry, didn’t see you. What can I do for you?” he asked, sitting up from where he just laid. Short black hair and warm dark brown eyes were seen on his dirty face due to the car. His eyes were trained on my face as I showed him the ticket. “I’d like to get my, um, car.” Taking the ticket away from my hand, I saw him stand up and straighten his attire. He was staring at the ticket for a mere second before nodding in understanding. The mechanic quickly went over to the other side of the office. I followed after him and stood in front of the glassed window, waiting for him hand over the keys to the car.

“You’re a pretty patient lady, you are! That car’s been there for two years! We took it out for a drive every month and checked the tires and batteries, just like you said.” I tried hard not to give out a confused ‘hah?’ out of my mouth. I wonder to myself how organized this Origami Killer is. If he kept a car that I was to retrieve for about two years, who knows what goes up in his mind. The man in front of me then extended out his hand. Black car keys urging my own hand to take it. “Here. It’s the third floor down. Just take the service elevator at the far end of the garage.”

I gave him my thanks before heading straight towards the garage. "Have yourself a good one, ma'am!" I heard him tell me before retreating back into his office. I couldn't help but scoff quietly under my breath. 'I'm beyond having a good one, sir...' The building's elevator door slid open. I went inside and watched the door close behind my back. Soon I was traveling downward towards the parking lot. Down, down the elevator went. Down till it reached to the third floor underground.

Once the door opened up, I scanned the entire parking lot as I stepped out of the elevator. There were many cars lined up and parked in a neat, orderly fashion. Such an organized owner. 'Dozens of cars... But which one am I looking for?' I thought to myself as I searched through them. True. There was many cars. But luckily, I have the car keys with me. Pressing the button on the device attached along with the key. A sound of a car making a short-lived beeping sound was heard from far ahead of where I was.

Following the exact location of where the source of the sound was located, I soon found myself a normal, small car that would be seen everyday out on the road. It doesn't look anything special. Just a brown car. Using the keys to unlock the door, I opened up the driver's door and entered inside. I got myself comfortable in my driver's seat and adjusted the rear mirror properly. Then I glanced around the car.

My left hand reached out to the glove compartment, but couldn't open it. Retracting my hands, I began searching around my seat. It took me a couple of seconds to finally pull out some sort of GPS machine out of its hiding spot. A black GPS that could be found in any store; very common and doesn't seem to be one of those very expensive types. I saw a matching color placeholder of the GPS across from me, in which I used two of my hands to place it properly in its respective spot.

I leaned back, pressing the GPS power button. There was a short flash of the welcome screen before it blacked out. Replaced with red soundwave bars accompanied by a middle-aged woman's voice. "Your destination is four miles from here. Leave the parking lot and take the first right." No map. Not a single form of visualization for where I am going other than the direction the voice is directing me at. No warning. I bit the bottom of my lip. It left me with no choice but to go after the destination that I must head to. So without further ado, I drove out of the parking space and soon went out of the building.

----------

The woman's voice kept on directing me as I drove. Listening and following her instruction like a mindless servant. Soon I came upon an empty highway; my car alone in the heavy rainy weather. Rain poured down upon my car's front window and the surroundings around me, which caused difficulty in vision for any driver. Even though I did put the windswiper setting at maximum speed, it still limited my view on the road before my eyes. I squinted my eyes, slowing down in order to keep myself from getting into any unfortunate accidents.

"You have reached your destination," the woman's voice announced. When I heard that, I slowly brought the car down to a stop. I set it to its parking mode, letting my foot off the brake pedal. My arms then crossed and rested on top of the steering wheel. I heeded full attention to the speaker when it spoke again.

"Are you ready to show your courage in order to save your daughter? Listen carefully. Take the highway and drive against the traffic for five miles. If you haven't reached your destination in five minutes, you will have failed."

The voice stopped speaking any further, leaving me alone with the noise of rain slamming against the surface of the car. The screen on the GPS soon changed into the map and driving direction. An arrow representing the car I'm driving in with a direction nearby. I glanced over to my right and saw the two highways. One going one way and the other going the opposite. My breathing became rapid when I knew what I was about to face. What trial I have to go through right now. I couldn't think straight. Both fear and courage swelled within my body. Thoughts tossed back and forth in my mind like a baseball. Body shaking from those sudden feelings and anxiety. 'If I succeed, I'll get more letters for the hangman. It's my only lead to finding out where exactly Jurina is. No turning back now...'

I shook my head and stared at my hands. My shaky hands on the wheel. 'Can't stop my hands from shaking... I'm not going to make it! I'm... I'm not going to make it!' Negativity soon filled within my mind and darkened all possibility. This only caused the courageous feeling I once had deflating rapidly, replacing with a sickening pain in my stomach. Scared, I brought my two trembling hands up to my face and covered it. Wanting to hide from the world. Just wanting to hide and believe that this is all a dream. Just a bad nightmare that I could wake up from. Something that I would be relieved to never have it happen in reality. 'I don't wanna die. Not here. Not like this.'

Though I was in that position for a full thirty seconds, I slowly took my hands away from my face. It was still trembling, but not as much as it was before and now gripped the wheel. 'No, I can't think negatively. I can do it. I'd do anything to save my daughter.' That was the final judgement. The final choice that I decided to go with. I will definitely do anything to save Jurina. Save her from the danger of being possibly drowned and killed by the killer.

Then with one hand on the stickshift, I rested my hand on it; still hesitant about my decision though. Second thoughts did seem to come back and warn me about the dangers of going through such dangerous and reckless trail. I begin to think about what would happen if I died in this car. 'Lots of good it'll do for Jurina if I kill myself on this highway....' Sighing, I shot a look over at the GPS's screen. 'Go the wrong way on the highway for five miles. Am I willing to take that risk in order to save my daughter?'

But with all of the thoughts about saving Jurina, what about other people? What about their lives? Going against traffic is something that I 'might' be able to do, but it create consequences that I would regret later on in the future. 'This is sheer madness!' I wailed mentally and lifted my hand up an inch from the stickshift. 'I'd kill a bunch of innocent people! What gives me the right to play God, even to save my own daughter?'

So many things to ponder upon with this one trial. The one trial just to go against traffic for five miles. Possibilities of killing my own life, other innocent lives... But... I've got to do it. I've got to do it for the sake of Jurina. 'I have no choice after all.'

Sucking in a deep breath, I placed my hand back on the object that will determine my acceptance of taking the challenge. In a few seconds, the car I'm driving in was running at a very dangerous high speed through the highway.

Big signs warned that I was going through the wrong way. Of course I knew it was the wrong way. Why would I be doing the challenge of the trial if it wasn't the wrong way? Or if it wasn't and the trial did tell me to go through traffic WITH it, then that might be a different story. Maybe easier for me. But it doesn't look like the Origami Killer wanted to let me off the hook that easily just to find my daughter. Rain splashed against the front glassed window of the car, the windswiper frantically trying to push it aside for my sake.

Cars' horns were blaring at my direction as I zipped past by them. They were probably shocked and startled to see a car breaking one of the many common laws in this land. "Come on!" I hollered and swiveled the car to the left in order to avoid collision with another car. Running through the highway at such speed, I would be surprised if I make it out alive from all this. The car that I had just avoided was honking their horn at me angrily. I ignored it, keeping focus on the road.

Driving forth for a couple seconds, I saw two cars in front of me trying to stop with a slam of their brakes. Thanks to the rain and slippery surface of the road, their tires went out of control and twisted the car in all sorts of direction. "Whoa!" Surprised at what was going to happen in a split second if I didn't react fast enough, I cleanly avoided the two cars just barely with luck.

Sweat was running down the side of my head, causing my black bangs to cling against my forehead. "I can do this!" I tried to bring in some positive words to the situation at hand. Breaths coming in and out of my respiratory system rapidly, I swallowed with nervousness as I avoided another car coming at my direction. But unlucky for me, I felt the right side of the car just bump right into the car I just avoided. True, I have avoided it. But this caused my car to spin out of control. Noticing that this was going to make the situation worse, I tried to quickly regain control of the car. My hands were furiously working on the wheel as my eyes tried to make out the very dizzying image in front of me.

To my luck once again, I finally got control and just by a thin hair, didn't crash into two huge trucks. I went in between them with the same speed, almost choking from the lack of air since holding my breath during the moment. I was glad to gain control, but the GPS's voice speaking to me nearly made the color on my face drain. "You still have four miles to go before you reach your destination."

'Four miles left!?' If I had gotten through that much trouble and almost got myself killed in just one mile, I couldn't imagine going through another four miles. I could just feel the sweat sliding down to the bottom of my chin as I snaked around the incoming cars. As I drove, I saw a man trying to fix his car's front tire. The silver car was parked on the side of the road with the man dressed in his jacket and baggy jeans kneel down with equipment by his side. And just a bit further ahead from where the man was seen, there was an incoming bus. "Move! Get out of the way!" I screamed out the warning to him, hoping he would get the message. I didn't want to run into him let alone cause death to either one of us. It's either I run him over or crash into the bus and possibly kill both the driver and I. I won't choose any of those two choices though.

Perfect timing. The man caught ahold of what might happen if he continued to stay where he was kneeling and leapt out of the way. As he jumped, the two sides of the car barely brushed and scratched the bus and other car.

Just when I thought I wouldn't have to see anymore wandering individuals out on the road, I was met with a construction sign and boards blocking off certain parts of the street. My eyes widen in fear. "Oh come on!" I yelled out more warnings to the construction workers, seeing them all jump to the side for safety while maneuvering around.

"You still have three miles to go before you reach your destination." As the speaker said that, I just passed by another sign that ended the construction zone. My breath was still held throughout the entire ride, still nervous at what is to come.

More traffic came. A heavy flow to be exact. Bus, vans, and all sorts of automobile were just going against me. Dodging left and right became even more difficult. Hands beginning to become sweaty and slippery on the wheel due to the stress that could as well blow up my entire head.

"You still have two miles to go before you reach your destination." Just two more miles. Two more miles and this will all be over. Adrenaline kicked in and I became more alert, thus causing me to avoid cars slightly less difficult. But that doesn't mean I won't make a mistake and crash right into one. A green car in front of me tried to brake only to skid its wheels till the car turned sideway. Startled, I made a successful attempt to dodging the car.

Then the horror I didn't want to even think about came to reality. Tolling booths. Tolling booths were standing from a far distance; getting closer and closer with each passing second. "Dammit! Come on! Move out of the goddamn way! Move out! Move out of the way!" I went right through the booth at high speed. Thankfully there weren't any cars that would block my way through. But to add even more to my horror, I caught sight of two police cars from the corner of my eyes for a split moment before zipping by them. Before I knew it, I was being chased by the police. Their sirens heard wailing in the raining highway.

"You still have one mile to go before you reach your destination." Just one more mile! If I survived through four miles of hell in the highway, then I sure can make it through one more! One of the police cars drove in a fast pace, quickly catching up right to my right side. I couldn't tell or even see who the driver is in that car, but I knew I had to quickly act and get rid of them. Into the tunnel we went, I saw the car closing in on me. I'm surely going to crash and get caught if I don't do something!

As though God had granted me some sort of hopeful ray of light, a car full of boating equipment was driving right at me on the same lane. The driver within saw me and turning to their right, causing the boating raft to fling out from the roof. Using this rare and spare advantage, I sped up the car just in time to get through. I sneaked a glance at my rear mirror and saw the two car from behind slowing down. One down, one to go.

Up ahead, a huge wave of trucks and cars in one pack coming straight at the two of us. Speeding up even more and pressing harder on the gas pedal, I brought my car skinnying right through the right side of the group. Again, stealing another glance from my rear mirror. I could see the last police car smash right into the truck and dragged backward from the impact. To worsen my luck, I saw about four to five police cars making an attempt to block off my path of driving. Not too surprising, I ran into them but still drove onward and passed them.

In a couple seconds, I heard a gunshot from behind and the end of my car going out of control. They must've blown out one of the wheels. And thanks to the terrible weather and slippery road, I was losing control. Left and right it went, it drove me crazy to try to keep the car from flipping out. Soon I ran right into the railing on my left and flung it into the air. Then before I knew it, the car was flipped upside down and slammed down into the ground below the highway. I suddenly was only able to see blackness. Nothing more.

But that only lasted for merely fifteen seconds at the most. Heat could be felt and the warm trickle of blood running down from the left side of my head. It was only thanks to the familiar yet haunting voice of the GPS that awaken me from falling deeper into my unconscious state. "Destination reached. Please press the screen." It kept on repeating the phrase, causing my hands to roam around the roof of the car blindly. My eyes snapped open to find the entire car and body of mine flipped upside down. Cracks and damages were seen everywhere. Hands supporting my body and pressing against the roof, I reached one of my hand out to touch the screen as requested. "Your reward is in the glove compartment. The key is inside the GPS." Again, the message was repeating itself over and over.

Not wasting any precious moment since I knew the car was going to blow up anytime soon due to the leaked oil and gasoline, I grabbed the GPS and took it out of its placeholder. I slammed it against the roof of the car multiple times before seeing it break open. There was a small key. A key possibly to unlocking the glove compartment. Dragging my body sluggishly and painfully towards the compartment with my hands, I finally jammed the key inside of the keyhole and twisted it. It popped open and revealed another one of those battery for the cellphone I kept in my pocket. (surprising that everything kept within my jacket and pockets did not fall out) The battery fell out since the car was flipped over and landed right next to the broken GPS.

Quickly taking it, I deposited it safely and securely into one of my pockets. Now I need to find a way to get out of the car before getting killed in the explosion. I could just feel the flames getting bigger and the heat becoming more unbearable. The seatbelt. I need to get it out. It was strapping me against my seat. Making sure that I didn't get out. With trouble, my hands fumbled around with the seatbelt. It took me a bit longer than I had expected, but still quick enough to release its hold on my body. My body fell to its side, a sharp pain flashing through my brain. Especially on my left ribcage.

Too busy focusing on getting out safely, I used my foot to kick one of the car's doors in hopes of forcing it open. After three kicks, the door successfully opened wide enough for my body to crawl backward and out into the open. A painful groan left my lips when pain was felt throughout my entire body. Then I made a run for it. At a far and safe distance between me and the car.

There were tall grasses in batches scattered around from where I stood, but didn't heed too much attention to it. Since my body knew I was in danger, they blocked out most of my sensory from feeling pain while I was inside of the car. But now that I was out and safe for the most part, the feeling that could make a grown man cry just slapped me roughly. My head was throbbing and my side feeling as though something was broken or fractured. Maybe it was broken. My right hand resting on top of my left ribcage, tears formed in my eyes. As a doctor, I knew that I had to get these wounds treated. But I couldn't treat myself. Not with these injuries at least. I needed someone to take care of me. There is no one though. I didn't want to drag anyone into my mess, so I guess I should just bear with the pain and get back to my motel room.

I examined my body, not lifting or tear off any of my clothes. I was thankful that aside from slight black markings on the edges of my jacket that there were no signs of damages on my clothing. It would make it entirely suspicious if I were to return with that sort of get-up.

The battery. That thought suddenly crossed through my mind and I turned my full attention to it. Pulling out the battery from within the jacket with difficulty, I also pulled out the cellphone and inserted it in. I was faced with another video of Jurina in the trapped prison she's located in. No voice was heard from it. I only was able to see her jump up and down with a terrified expression on her face. Her hand reaching out from above for a sign of help. Wanting someone to get her out of the damn mess. My body fell forward and would've just laid on my stomach if it weren't for my other hand that caught myself.

I was breathing heavily. Exhausted. Out of breath. Ragged breathing to be precise. The pain's very unbearable, but I can't do much right now. The video was short-lived and four characters were given to me at the stupid hangman game I'm forced to participate in. I stared at the letters and soon saw it disappear off the screen, shutting the phone off. And then there was the car explosion from the distance. Quickly scrambling back up to my feet with a wince, I tried to hastily escape from the scene.

Let's see what's gonna happen in the next chapter?  :hehehe:

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Seriously that was CRAZY sick!!!

Not just That origami killer! But also mayu!!

Whoaaa this chapter really hot! So much tension!!

I can felt my heart beat when read each word!

So much fun !!!

Mayu is so lucky! Whoaa~
That police! Whoaa~ crazy crazy mayu!

Really insane this chapter!

Mayu, she's a good parent! Cool parent!
How come yuki want divorce with this such awesome person!? How could you yuki!! Mayu is awesome!
Look at her,she doing anything just to safe jurina! I adore mayu!

Its the second time mayu doing this crazy act just for her daughter

And yuki? Why she's so useless here??
Ah mayu need someone to treatening her wound..or she would die.

I gave you standing ovation for this chapter!

Really thank for the update!! Im totally in this fic now! Thank thank thank!
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Various Artists - Chim Chim Cher-ee