JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Believe or Doubt

Author Topic: The Golden Laws of JPH!P Fanfiction  (Read 120563 times)

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Golden Laws of JPH!P Fanfiction
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 06:23:38 PM »
I have a question:
I was thinking of making a majisuka gakuen fic but I don't know if Swearing is allowed. is swearing allowed in a fic?

Yes, swearing is allowed. I use the f-word in my own fanfic too (courtesy of a certain potty-mouthed squirrel :lol:). Of course, do remember to keep everyone in character and the language suitable for the situations. It'd be weird if Maeda swears in every line of her speech, right?

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
I have a question:
I was thinking of making a majisuka gakuen fic but I don't know if Swearing is allowed. is swearing allowed in a fic?

TBH I think it would be okay but to be safe do it like this: F$%K

Although I rarely to swearing unless it is in Japanese :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
I have a question:

There is no need to censor the swear word. It'd be very hard on the eyes if the readers keep seeing "F$%K" or "sh!+" in the story.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »
I have a question:

There is no need to censor the swear word. It'd be very hard on the eyes if the readers keep seeing "F$%K" or "sh!+" in the story.

I agree but I was being neutral on the situation XD waiting for a mod's answer
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »
I've noticed Johnnys fandom put these every time they post a new fanfic;

Rating:
Authors:
Genre:
Pairing:
Characters:
Summary:
Disclaimer:
Sometimes they put 'Warning'

I'm suggesting that every post put these as this makes it easier for the readers. It'll also makes the page more arranged and tidy  :) Who knows, maybe this can makes another OTP emerge. tbh, I'm not really interested to read pairings other than the common one. So the summary helps a lot because even if you don't like the pairing, the story line might get you interested.

Personal opinion :)

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
I don't think I agree with this but I also don't think I disagree...

Just...

remind me, since when d we have to be similar to other fandoms?

I think every fandom is special because it has something different from others....

If we start copying other fandoms what then we'll become I wonder...

Just saying...personal opinion...

otherwise, it's the decision for our dear admins to consider...
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
Well, I don't say we need to be similar to them. Moreover, how can this be copying? Even writers in fanfiction.net use this format. This is not Johnnys fandom copyright. Most writes at least put summary.

I'm just trying to suggest something that maybe can improve this fanfic community. It's up to mods to consider this.

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
Well, I don't say we need to be similar to them. Moreover, how can this be copying? Even writers in fanfiction.net use this format. This is not Johnnys fandom copyright. Most writes at least put summary.

I'm just trying to suggest something that maybe can improve this fanfic community. It's up to mods to consider this.

Why not just "make it an option"? Writers who want to put it, put it, does who doesn't, doesn't. As simple as that. If you want to be more organized use it, if not, then don't? I don't think it needs to be a rule since it means you're imposing on other people. ;)
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
arisa03
I never thought you're gonna come here again.  :)

I still don't reply to the mod answer yet. And I think I'd made everyone thought that 'we must absolutely, with no objection' to put this in every new fanfic thread. Maybe my choice of words are bad and I chose a wrong thread to post this. But like what mod already answer to me in the discussion thread, I really, really meant that it will be like a guide to the writers. And the mods are actually planning to make a guide already. I really didn't mean to force the writers to put this.  So yeah, maybe it's my bad  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:22:00 PM by bimbo »

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
arisa03
I never thought you're gonna come here again.  :)

I still don't reply to the mod answer yet. And I think I'd made everyone thought that 'we must absolutely, with no objection' to put this in every new fanfic thread. Maybe my choice of words are bad and I chose a wrong thread to post this. But like what mod already answer to me in the discussion thread, I really, really meant that it will be like a guide to the writers. And the mods are actually planning to make a guide already. I really didn't mean to force the writers to put this.  So yeah, maybe it's my bad  :)

Hey, well I thought my deal was I'll never share my fanfic here anymore, still doing that. Can't completely leave cause I don't want to make my H!P Fanfic readers sad. ;) I'm not a heartless person, just the people here lmao.

I see. Choices of words wrong is alright, as long as you explain yourself properly. So I see, a guide is in the making already? Wow. I'll look forward to it then, also, nice suggestion there. ;)
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline Railgun96

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My kami oshmen is Yukirin! OTP: Mayuki
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:23 AM »
I hav some question to ask.

About the pervy access, I can't seem to give my reply as there is no reply button.

So what can I do to gain access?

MAYUKI ~ YUKIRENA ~ ATSUMINA ~ KOJIYUU ~ TOMOTOMO♪

Kami Oshi : Kashiwagi Yuki

Oshi: Miyawaki Sakura, Nishino Nanase, Sakurai Reika,
Li YiTong

My fics

If Only (Mayuki) - Ongoing (Hiatus) : http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=35821.0

Night after alley (Mayuki / Nezumi x Black) - OS (Perv) : http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=35995.0

More than just a massage (Yukirena) - OS (Perv) : http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=35995.msg1372238#msg1372238

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2013, 12:59:49 AM »
I hav some question to ask.

About the pervy access, I can't seem to give my reply as there is no reply button.

So what can I do to gain access?

Please read this
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
Question!
About the non-perv under-age rule,
How bout something like this?
Jurina again XD

"So Rena~ What does two girls usually do when they're alone~?" asked Jurina innocently while looking into her eyes. They seem to be alone in a Rena's room. "Huh? I don't know. What about a game of hide and seek?" she answered as the younger girl gets closer. Jurina grinned as she pushed Rena to the bed. "Incorrect~ You know what's coming next~" Rena blushed bright red as the younger one said that. Thus started the two's 'FUN'
    The next day...

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2013, 01:59:38 PM »
^ That's treading on thin ice because the action of Jurina pushing Rena to the bed, her taunting words and the sentence, "Thus started the two's FUN" suggest that they did something pervy. And in JPH!IP, any perv talk involving underage members is not allowed.

Law #9 Any Perv talk/images/video/etc. of underage members are not allowed.
Strictly NO sexual themed images, videos or talk about persons below 18 years of age.

It would be acceptable if Jurina simply snuggled up to Rena and hugged her to sleep or something. That's perfectly fine as it is just two girls sleeping in the same bed without any sexual implication.

Hope that clears your doubts. Thank you for asking :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:54:11 AM by seigus »

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
Ah...
There goes my lovey-dovey Jurina harem idea... So I have to wait til she's legal... >w>
Anyways, thanks for answering my weird question!

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »
^ No problem, AshuraX. It's not a weird question. In fact, it's always good to ask when in doubt :thumbsup

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »
Call meh Ashura... The 'X' is just for fun~ XD

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »
I didn't see this coming at all, but now find myself having to inquire what exactly is considered pervy. :?
Can an underaged member be depicted nude without details? e.g. in a hot spring.
If YES → Can an underaged member be depicted engaging in nonsexual frolicking while nude? e.g. grope or be groped in aforementioned hot spring.
Unfortunately, someone likes nudity and groping a lot… XD
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:55:58 PM by kurumi »

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2013, 12:53:41 AM »
Can an underaged member be depicted nude without details? e.g. in a hot spring.

Yes, you can say that she goes to the hot spring but leave out the nude details.

If YES → Can an underaged member be depicted engaging in nonsexual frolicking while nude? e.g. grope or be groped in aforementioned hot spring.

Do try to avoid such scenes as it is very easy to cross the line if you are not careful, especially when the girl in question is nude though a quick playful grope with non-sexual intentions should be fine. Refrain from focusing on the act and just keep it to a brief mention. If it compromises the playful description of the girl, try to think of other situations to flesh out this part of the girl's personality :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:25:38 AM by seigus »

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2013, 05:47:25 AM »
Thank you for the clarification! This definitely affects the outline that appeared in my mind last night.
That is a pity, because physical intimacy is one of the easiest ways to establish trust between 2 characters…
In any case, will cross the bridge when I get there. May need to seek your (private) counsel again, assuming I do get there.

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Believe or Doubt