JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY - ONIGIRIKKU RIVAIVA

Author Topic: (Group) Party Rockets / Tokyo Rockets  (Read 25715 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: (Group) Party Rockets / Tokyo Rockets
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »
Got the DVD and listened to it. Here a (very) short review:
My Party Rockets DVD arrived by mail and I watched it already together with my sister, but at my parents who don't have a proper sound system. I am not used to TV speakers any more! The show was rather plain in concept, as expected and by no means a point of criticism for me. The band part in my opinion could have been better. Some songs just don't work as well as the recorded ones. But maybe this is just my initial opinion, based on the low sound equipment. Will have to re-watch to make a better evaluation. I  also was surprised by hearing one song that I only knew from their lives and two songs completely new to me.
Duration is two hours, so absolutely okay! :thumbup

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Wow, Akari graduated suddenly and Fumika shows her displeasure about it stronger than one would expect. An election for new members has started already.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »
How about they just merged with Tokyo Rockets then they'll be back at the number of members they started as (I think).

Also I wonder if their management is ok, my favorite left because they were apparently treated badly.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »
I doubt they will merge with their sister group. It would feel very awkward, for all involved. Also the usual goal for agencies is to earn more money with an higher amount of groups.

Haven't heard any negative news about their management once, though that doesn't mean anything, lol. Maybe all becomes clearer when we see what Akari will do in near future. If she graduated to join another idol group, than I really would disapprove of her, after all Party Rockets went through already.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
I doubt they will merge with their sister group. It would feel very awkward, for all involved. Also the usual goal for agencies is to earn more money with an higher amount of groups.
I know ;)

I think the other members that have left complained about the agency/handlers or whatever it was.
Actually that was the Aither management that was bad (I think they had 2 former Party Rocket members)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:26:47 PM by Rezar »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »
So Akari left - for joining Galette :shocked
That girl is dead to me!

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 08:58:15 AM »
I wouldn't blame her, seems to me that Party Rockets haven't really being going anywhere - so career wise it was probably the right decision (not that I have any clue how Galette are doing).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
Well, that it seems to be career-wise is the reason I blame her. I don't know Galette either but I *think* they are not that much more popular to justify her change, just to realize her "dream". And that with the background of the history of Party Rockets. IF she wanted more popularity she should have quit 1 year ago or at least announce her change properly months before, not from just to now, like she's done. It's completely unfair to the other members and fans of Party Rockets.
But maybe that is just me... Makes me even more happy, that I could talk with Haruka and Fumika at TIF.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »
On a personal level I completely get it!

But as you already know these girls aren't necessarily bffs but rather work colleagues, most of what we see is for show (I know you are aware of this) on top of that these girls aren't even adults so I wouldn't judge them too harshly if they make a stupid decision.

But yeah if something like this happened in PASSPO I would probably feel the same way.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
Reading Haruka and Fumika's blogs reacting to Akari's sudden graduation, it felt like they were close but, then again, we have no real way of knowing the truth, which includes whether they actually wrote it or not.

This is the second Party Rockets member that left for a bigger (in the case of GALETTe, that's debatable) group. Add to it, the 3 members from DLH leaving to concentrate on callme at the end of the 5th anniversary tour and I wonder if everything is okay with StepOne. It was nice to see Shirato Kana (DLH) performing with them at TIF though.

Once they announced Fumika and Haruka were moving to new management while Akari was staying with the same ppl who manage GALETTe, the possibility seemed more likely.

GALETTe has planned a year-end one-man at Diver City so I guess they're at least at the same level as lyrical school?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:07:10 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »
I remember having read sometime in Fumika's(?) blog, that she and Akari are friends since 3rd grade, and with Haruka since 5th grade. But I doubt I will find the post again, so won't bother searching for it.
It also puts me down, that Akari chose a group that performs a totally different style. Makes me realize, how less the general idol cares about the music they stand for.

Maybe Haruka and Fumika can join PASSPO now  :lol:

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 05:21:28 AM »
Makes me realize, how less the general idol cares about the music they stand for.
I think I tried to make that point after the shuffle at Platinum Sonic ;)

Really there is no artistic integrity and they are mostly interchangeable.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
which shuffle? I can't remember. If you mean Mayu, then I consider it something completely different.
But what I can add positively in regard to Akari, she knows the group she is changing to, with her longer substitute role.
Still I prefer idols that stay with their own preferences. It is not like with AKB, as many idol groups know from the start, what they will stand for.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »
which shuffle? I can't remember. If you mean Mayu, then I consider it something completely different.
But what I can add positively in regard to Akari, she knows the group she is changing to, with her longer substitute role.
Still I prefer idols that stay with their own preferences. It is not like with AKB, as many idol groups know from the start, what they will stand for.
The shuffle = where the groups performed other groups songs.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
That is different ;)
Though I hate colabs as well. Here you are right :lol:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »
Party Rockets have found a new member? Need to check later if it is true.

Update: False alarm. It was only about a member of Tokyo Rockets that supported Party Rockets for their live as substitute member. Announcing of the new member(s) will still be the 09.27.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:24:04 AM by wattstax »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »
My first thought when I looked at the group picture: Did Haruka graduate? I didn't recognise her. Have to see more pictures of her to get used to it.
Any background infos on the new members? Are they new to the idol scene?
I am pretty surprised they go for 6 members. Would have guessed only 3 or 4.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:57 PM »
At first I was WTF at the hair but I kinda think it looks nice now - in general I prefer long hair but on some girls short works.

I assume the new girls will post some blogs soon so we can get to know a bit about them.

I had expected 4 or 5 but I think 6 is a good number.

Anyways now they need to promote themselves some more.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY - ONIGIRIKKU RIVAIVA