JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Sayonara

Author Topic: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris  (Read 111471 times)

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
Re: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2009, 06:17:26 PM »
So it seems. :)

Ex-membres du groupe Morning Musume, les deux idoles super lookées de HANGRY&ANGRY vous attendent sur la scène de Chibi Japan Expo pour un concert pop-rock survitaminé !

Ex-membres of Morning Musume group, the two idols from Hangry&Angry await you on the Chibi Japan Expo stage for a super-vitaminized pop-rock concert!

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline mia-p

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »
Heeeey :D

If you're under 35, you can try this hostel: http://www.aijparis.com/ which is reaaaaaaly cheap and you can book a private room (it will cost a little more)
If you're older or, in any case, are worried about ensuite bathrooms, shared rooms and such... well we're staying at the hotel Armstrong: http://armstrong-paris-hotel.com/ , which is near the Expo and is sufficiently clean :) There the rooms cost right now 80 eur. per night (double, that is 40 eur. per person).

Thanks elgie! We were only going to go for one day, but now we might just spend the entire weekend there *so excited* We found a couple of hostels that are really cheap and close to the event, so we're just making the final decisions now :)

Random question, assuming there will be an autograph session, what do you guys recommend bringing for them to sign?
I have all of Yossie's photobooks and Pucchi Moni/ Biyuuden/ MoMusu stuff but I heard that they only sign their names as "hangry" and "angry" so not sure if it would be worth it. I would love for them to sign my old school H!P stuff, I even have all of the Gatas "Sals" magazines , but I guess they will only be able to sign a couple of things XD;;

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:20 AM »
Random question, assuming there will be an autograph session, what do you guys recommend bringing for them to sign?
I have all of Yossie's photobooks and Pucchi Moni/ Biyuuden/ MoMusu stuff but I heard that they only sign their names as "hangry" and "angry" so not sure if it would be worth it. I would love for them to sign my old school H!P stuff, I even have all of the Gatas "Sals" magazines , but I guess they will only be able to sign a couple of things XD;;

Having been through the autograph process in both Seattle and L.A., the biggest requirement that they emphasize is that it has to be official merchandise only.  I think you're limited to one autograph (I didn't try more than that so someone else may have to pipe up on that but I only saw one in the few people I paid attention to.)

The other thing that they did in Seattle was have you purchase priority tickets (like a minimum of x amount, I think it was US $15 which was the price of the CD) but you can still get in line and wait longer without it.  In LA you had to actually purchase an H&A CD to get an autograph ticket, which I believe sold out.  Don't know what system they're going to do in CJE even though the official website promotes two autograph signing methods used at the Expo:  lining up as early as possible and raffle draw (bad flashbacks on that last one for Sakura Con folks.)  Of course, don't know what that ultimately means as the H&A method.

And yes, they're officially supposed to sign as H&A. 
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2009, 07:08:59 AM »

Supposed to... yes.  But unless I'm going crazy, I thought I read fan reports from AX about Yossy signing stuff as Hitomi.  KRISTIN!!!  Didn't YOU write about having Yossy sign that old UFA pic and her actually putting her name on it?  LOL

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2009, 07:32:35 AM »
 :P  Well, I was trying not to brag and/or raise hopes because that episode was extremely circumstantial.  But I know others who have been successful, at least with Y at AX.  Don't recall if I heard any real-name signage happening at Sakura Con, but they were brand new to the whole H&A persona then and the "rules" were still being defined.

But for those of you who didn't know that story, the link is http://pkristen.livejournal.com/6341.html to my lj page.  (Hmmm.  Methinks I should add this HH...)
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »
Ooh, by all means, go ahead.  :D  I made a new CJE planning thread since the original one seemed to have died.  *kicks hosting company*

I'm hoping the rules will be lax in Paris.  SO jealous of people who were able to get pictures WITH Yossy!  I HATE YOU.

j/k

Sort of.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »
lol hey!! dun worry, I'm a Rika fan more :P I still :heart: you Kimmy

XD!! super-vitaminized pop-rock concert!  LMAO y'all gonna be growing 10 inches from all the mad jumping!! FUCK!!

That's true, rev2hd aka Dinny brought her GATAS jersey and they still signed H&A lol. I'd say get some photos, slip in some goods underneath. They really really admire and take notice what the fans have, even my free H&A poster they were like "Rockstar Energy drink Yum!" LOL

We gotta whip up some shit. I'm gonna commit to doing some stuff this week and next. How long did that package get sent, Kristen? Fuck, there's just not enough time to tweak the shirts...hmm.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
Big Announcement, Folks:  JPH!P GOT PRESS ACCESS!!!! 
It was a team of at least half a dozen people across three countries (and three languages) to put together the proposal that was approved.   :jphip:
I just HAD to brag because I'm very proud of everyone!

Don't yet know what extra information we'll be able to provide until we get there, but expect some good stuff!

They really really admire and take notice what the fans have, even my free H&A poster they were like "Rockstar Energy drink Yum!" LOL
I definitely concur.  My experiences were all about seeing their reaction, regardless of what they sign.  (Though the last bit is a very nice to have in my mind.)  After all, the point is for them to see their fans, as well as an opportunity for you to meet them and show your support.

We gotta whip up some shit. I'm gonna commit to doing some stuff this week and next. How long did that package get sent, Kristen? Fuck, there's just not enough time to tweak the shirts...hmm.

Dude, how many t-shirts are you planning to send me?  Now that I have to go press-mode, I may have to double my wardrobe on a couple of days.  My suitcase spaces is getting tight.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2009, 01:11:53 AM »
Oh my oh my may I come innnnnn??????? PLEASE PRETTY PLIZZZ!!!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I CAN SPEAK FRENCH AND A LITTLE OF JAPANESE TOOO!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:14:25 AM by elgie »

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline mia-p

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2009, 02:58:54 AM »

Having been through the autograph process in both Seattle and L.A., the biggest requirement that they emphasize is that it has to be official merchandise only.  I think you're limited to one autograph (I didn't try more than that so someone else may have to pipe up on that but I only saw one in the few people I paid attention to.)

The other thing that they did in Seattle was have you purchase priority tickets (like a minimum of x amount, I think it was US $15 which was the price of the CD) but you can still get in line and wait longer without it.  In LA you had to actually purchase an H&A CD to get an autograph ticket, which I believe sold out.  Don't know what system they're going to do in CJE even though the official website promotes two autograph signing methods used at the Expo:  lining up as early as possible and raffle draw (bad flashbacks on that last one for Sakura Con folks.)  Of course, don't know what that ultimately means as the H&A method.

Mmm I'll probably just stick with my H&A cd, I don't really want to travel with too much stuff anyway. I hope its just a line up and not a raffle draw :/ Thanks for the info :)

Ooh, by all means, go ahead.  :D  I made a new CJE planning thread since the original one seemed to have died.  *kicks hosting company*

I'm hoping the rules will be lax in Paris.  SO jealous of people who were able to get pictures WITH Yossy!  I HATE YOU.

j/k

Sort of.

Is the CJE thread in this forum?  

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »
Big Announcement, Folks:  JPH!P GOT PRESS ACCESS!!!! 
OMG How exciting!
Damn I wish I could go *cries*. I should really avoid this thread in order not to get too upset XD But then again I want to know all the details =P.
But a BIG CONGRATS to you guys!! JPH!P gets to represent yet once again!!!   :otomerika: :yossi:

Are you guys allow to videotape? You're going to get to interview them right?
I wonder when the schedule is coming out too.

As for the autographs, I think what matters is that they signed it right in front of you and that you get to see them face to face. That experience alone is satisfying. But it doesnt hurt to ask for their real signature =D. Oh and dont forget to shake their hands <3.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
Re: [2009/10/31] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2009, 04:44:40 AM »
Current press status (that we can make public right now -- yes, sneaky stuff is still in the works that I'll announce later.  TEASER!!!)

As for the actual interview itself, we do not have it confirmed yet that we have a one on one interview with them.  That confirmation is in process.  We may not know for certain until we get there.  But we want to put in the request as soon as possible so they know we're serious.  At the least, we know if they hold general press conferences and other things that require special press access, we should be able to attend and give a report out on it.

For other people who'd like to come in as press, unfortunately, I'm going to have to say 'no'.  Our request was based on being as professional as possible -- two of the three person team actually have official media affiliations so we could beef up our credibility that we're not only drooling fans (and yes, that includes me -- I really do have a press pass with a magazine).  There are other things depending on our producing professional level coverage of them from this event, but I do believe in having as much fun as possible if we're able to have a sit down with them.

(Those of you who didn't know, there were experiences of fansites being turned down for direct interviews with MM at AX and we did not want to have the same experience happen here.)

And wow, I do believe I'm eating my own words and happily so:
You know, I really wasn't planning to do a con report.  (Unless there's something magical that happens -- and I honestly don't think I can top my Y at AX story.)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »
I made a new CJE planning thread since the original one seemed to have died.  *kicks hosting company*
Is the CJE thread in this forum? 

No, this thread would be the "CJE" thread, if you will.  I was talking about the CJE planning thread at HH.

Offline mia-p

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2009, 05:30:01 AM »
Ah, my bad I thought you started another thread here XD

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »
H!O's Puppetmaster posted this on their board today that was apparently a direct response from CJE:
"The whole schedule of the artists will be online this Friday.
The Hangry&Angry concert is on Saturday and the autographsessions on Saturday and Sunday."

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »
u guys are doing jphip right!!  :jphip:

I WILL BE IN PARIS WITH YOU GUYS!!

....in spirit  XD

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
H!O's Puppetmaster posted this on their board today that was apparently a direct response from CJE:
"The whole schedule of the artists will be online this Friday.
The Hangry&Angry concert is on Saturday and the autographsessions on Saturday and Sunday."
Yatta! Now I don't need to be afraid of missing those  :D

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »
congrats for the press pass!!!

:hipheart:

as far as i know (which is derived from some soft evidence from SC), you can take footage but be subtle... like just put the cam on the table as if it's just lying there... when in fact... you are capturing the awesomeness... XD

but it's cool to have all sorts of hidden gadgets in case...

after this tour thing, we'll all be as equipped as FBI agents XD or maybe like CIA XD

... don't forget to namedrop all of us here XD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »
congrats for the press pass!!!

:hipheart:

as far as i know (which is derived from some soft evidence from SC), you can take footage but be subtle... like just put the cam on the table as if it's just lying there... when in fact... you are capturing the awesomeness... XD

but it's cool to have all sorts of hidden gadgets in case...

after this tour thing, we'll all be as equipped as FBI agents XD or maybe like CIA XD

... don't forget to namedrop all of us here XD

IKR?  I'll be like, so yeah, any plans/desire to tour the rest of Asia and abroad?  Philippines?  Thailand?  Australia?  :D

Might have to take a trip to the spy shop in DC... :ph43r:

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2009, 03:25:14 AM »
So it seems CJE has started to post a couple of pages that look like schedules of things that H&A are listed on.  I won't bother with translation tools, I'll let our bilingual folks explain them.   :)

http://www.chibi-japan-expo.com/art-347-fr-programme_salle_de_dedicaces.html

http://chibi-japan-expo.com/art-334-fr-programme.html

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Sayonara