JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Photo Album

Author Topic: mawaru: fic collection! New: Memory (renairin) 130131  (Read 3782 times)

Offline SWM

mawaru: fic collection! New: Memory (renairin) 130131
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:18:40 AM »
Hi hi! So I've been posting these tumblr but wanted to share some over here too! I like Atsumina and Kojiyuu but I can be convinced to write other pairings too~~

List so far:
Small surprises
Home
Hard work
Memory

Small surprises
Kojiyuu

“Here,” Haruna said without preamble, shoving a plain box in front of Yuko’s face.  Yuko looked up at Haruna questioningly but she couldn’t read anything on Haruna’s face because it was turned away from her.  Yuko took the box from Haruna’s hand and immediately, Haruna sat down at the table and pulled out her DS.  Yuko blinked at Haruna curiously, but then she noticed Haruna glancing at her out of the corner of her eye as she waited for the game to load.  Yuko felt that teasing instinct rise along with her curiosity.   She smiled and hopped up onto the table next to Haruna.

“Should I guess what’s in it?” Yuko asked, gently shaking the box.

Haruna kept her eyes on the DS.  ”You could just open it,” she answered blandly.  She looked unconcerned but Yuko saw how Haruna’s free hand kept rising up to play with her hair.  ’Nyan-nyan is so cute when she’s nervous~’  Yuko felt a giggle coming up but she pressed it back behind pursed lips.  But those lips parted in a gasp when she finally opened the box.  ”Oh, Haruna…”

It was a whisper but it was loud enough for Haruna to hear.  There was a painful hesitance in her voice as she spoke into the silence that had suddenly fallen between them.  ”I just thought … you’re … always playing with my bracelet so …”  Her voice trailed off and she shrugged, adopting a blank expression once more. 

Seeing that look on Haruna’s face brought Yuko out of her shock and she let out a little laugh to release some of the overload of emotion inside her.  ”So this is your way of saying, ‘Stop playing with my bracelet’?” Yuko said, resorting to teasing because that’s all her brain was fit for at the moment.  She still couldn’t believe what she was holding in her hand.  Just getting a present from Haruna was incredible, but to get this was beyond what Yuko had expected.

Haruna’s head jerked up at Yuko’s question and flustered words tumbled out of her mouth.  ”No - that’s not what - there’s nothing wrong with -“

Yuko slid off of the table and onto Haruna’s lap in one movement.  A familiar wariness appeared on Haruna’s face as her words stuttered to a stop, eyeing Yuko suspiciously.  But Yuko just smiled and she picked up the bracelet from the box and held it out to Haruna.  ”Can you help me put it on?” she asked innocently. 

Wordlessly, Haruna took the charm adorned chain and carefully wrapped it around Yuko’s wrist.  It wasn’t a very fancy bracelet, to be honest.  It was a simple silver chain with a dozen or more little charms dangling from it but Yuko let out a gleeful laugh once it was attached.  She shook her hand a little just to watch the light reflect off of the charms. 

Then she turned and gave Haruna an adoring look.  She saw a blush start to bloom on Haruna’s cheeks but she continued to stare into her eyes.  ”Thank you,” Yuko finally said, her voice soft and her eyes still intensely fixed as she tried to convey the depth of her feelings.  The blush deepened dramatically on Haruna’s face, which only made Yuko squeal -“Kawaii!” - and immediately dive in for a kiss. 

Haruna let out her own squeal and instinctively pushed Yuko away, her matching bracelet sparkling as she did.  ”I just want to say thank you!” Yuko said, laughing as she contorted her face and stretched her lips to try and reach Haruna’s cheeks.

“You already did!” Haruna protested, using her longer arms to try and keep Yuko’s lips out of reach. 

“That doesn’t count!” Yuko countered childishly as she pressed forward even more.  Haruna made a face at her but it did nothing to hide her grin.  Because with them, it was what wasn’t said that mattered most of all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:18:26 AM by SWM »

Offline SWM

Re: mawaru: fic collection! New: Home (atsumina) 121205
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:42 AM »
Home
Atsumina

It took more effort than usual for Takamina to walk the final stretch of the hallway from the elevator to her apartment that evening.  Her arms and face hung heavy as she recalled the day.  On top of her regular schedule, murmurs had reached her about her solo being pushed back yet again and when she’d managed to get Akimoto-sensei on the phone, he’d evaded the subject like he usually did.  Takamina pulled up at her front door and sighed, resting her forehead against the cool surface.  It wasn’t that she didn’t trust Akimoto-sensei; it was just that she was getting tired of waiting.  And it was lonely, waiting by herself …

With a groan, Takamina shook her head to clear her thoughts of her and gathered enough energy to unlock the door.  She set her things down on the table mechanically, toed off her shoes with irritation, wondered briefly the merits of simply sleeping on her couch as she felt her her energy quickly fading.  But then a soft “Okaeri” reached her ears.

Takamina froze.  She knew that voice.  Knew it as sure as she knew her own heartbeat.  Slowly, she raised her head, half-expecting to have just imagined the sound, the product of an over-worked mind, an over-stressed heart —

But there she was.  Atsuko, with that soft smile, her hair tied up in a loose ponytail, her frame wrapped in an apron.  And all Takamina could do was stare. She felt something build up and break down as she took in this unexpected but much needed sight.

Atsuko eventually scrunched up her nose at Takamina’s reaction.  ”Too much?” she asked with a tug at the apron, reading the silence completely different than what Takamina had intended. Takamina managed to shake her head before reaching out to Atsuko, wrapping her tightly in her arms.  Wordlessly, almost desperately, Takamina pressed their bodies together, taking refuge in that place where nothing mattered but the feel of Atsuko’s shoulder against her cheek, the small of Atsuko’s back underneath her hand, the warm breath atop her head.  Takamina gasped at the intense emotion that suddenly overwhelmed her, felt tears pricking at her eyes and pulling her breath into an uneven rhythm.

Atsuko tightened her hold as Takamina cried, fiercely wishing that she had been with Takamina in order to try and curb Takamina’s mood before it had gotten to this point.  It wasn’t often that Takamina fell victim to this kind of episode, where the light dimmed from her eyes as she tried to keep everything on her own shoulders.  But not even Takamina could hold up under all that weight, resulting in nights like tonight.  All Atsuko could do was hold her, with her cheek pressed against Minami’s head, murmuring soft reassurances into her ear. 

After a while, Atsuko felt Minami’s breath even out and the grip around her waist loosen slightly.  She felt more than heard Takamina speak, the word muffled against her shoulder.  But the tone and the pattern Minami’s lips made against her skin was familiar enough for Atsuko to recognize the belated “Tadaima.”  She placed a kiss atop Takamina’s head before nudging her lightly.  ”Hey, it’s going to get cold.”

Atsuko felt eyelashes flutter rapidly against her skin before Minami pulled away to look up at her in askance.  Atsuko couldn’t help but smile at Takamina’s adorable wide-eyed face, and barely resists the urge to kiss her again.  Instead, she lifted an eyebrow and asked, “You really didn’t notice?”

Takamina blinked again in confusion.  But then she shifted her gaze over Atsuko’s shoulder and spotted the spread of katsu-don on the table.  Takamina let out a squeal and hopped in excitement, eliciting a laugh from Atsuko. Then, just as suddenly, she paused and looked back up at Atsuko.  It was an expression that made Atsuko’s breath catch in its openness and Atsuko was unsure how to react in the face of such intensity.  She felt an electric strength in Takamina’s touch, though it was with utmost gentleness that Takamina cupped Atsuko’s face. 

“One day,” Takamina finally said, her voice low and steady, “I will ask you to be the one I come home to.” 

It was a statement Atsuko had heard before but not quite in that voice.  That voice that had always been by her side, always stirring her back to life in those moments when she didn’t think she had anything more to give.  And it was in moments like these that Atsuko realized just how much she would give for Takamina.

She reached up and intertwined her fingers with Takamina’s. “And you know what my answer will be,” she replied, a statement of fact, a promise.

Takamina’s smile turns into one of wonder, like whenever she’s released from a kiss.  Doubt pulled at one corner though, she asked hesitantly, “You don’t mind waiting?”

Atsuko shook her head and pressed Takamina palm firmly to her cheek.  Atsuko’s smile is one of contentment, like whenever she woke up to see Takamina beside her.  ”I don’t mind waiting when it comes to you.”

Takamina glanced down, a blush reddening her face.  But when she looked back up, Atsuko’s heart sighed with relief as she saw the light back in Takamina’s eyes.  “I’ll try not to make you wait too long.” 

Atsuko finally gave in to her urge and leaned in to brush her lips against Takamina’s, and whispered, pressing the words into Takamina’s mouth, “As long as you always come home to me.”

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:32:19 AM »
I've read yours on tumblr but yeah for you to post it here. Love it.

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »
yeah!! reading again :B... for me everyday atsumina and kojiyuu its fine... I never ever get tired of them!

Flean

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »
 :temper: *in rage* why so awesome!!  :frustrated: I love your AtsuMina!!  :tantrum:
It's been a while since the last time I read AtsuMina story that gives me goosebumps!!  :bingo: so, I kinda overreacted..LOLOL..   :on lol: and I really love your writing style!!   :on GJ: I'll be looking forward for more AtsuMina from you..  :kneelbow:

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
This is awesome!  :OMG:

Atsumina!!!! :luvluv1:

Offline miayaka

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • ツ twitter account got hacked pls unfollow
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
 :fainted: :fainted: :fainted:
This is killing me
Overload!!!
Thank you!
muah!

Offline Rachel431

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
Ah!!! so cute, its so fluffy !!  :thumbup

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 02:45:46 AM »
So cute!!!!

Offline SWM

Re: mawaru: fic collection! New: Hard work (takamina) 121216
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
Thank you so much for reading my fics, everyone! Just a short Takamina focused drabble, also available on tumblr. Also, I really don’t know anything about the KKS dorms or even Uchiyama Natsuki - I picked her from the KKS list because of her smile ^^;

Hard work
Takamina

Even with her busy schedule, Takamina tried to visit visit the KKS dorms at least a couple of times every month.  Even though the KKS girls weren’t officially a part of any team just yet, Takamina still considered them part of her large family.  And so Takamina couldn’t help but stop in concern when she passed by the lounge and spotted a lone figure huddled on the couch.  The TV was on but with the speed at which the channels were changing, it didn’t seem like the girl was watching at all. 

Takamina frowned as quietly stepped inside the lounge. She had talked with Nakkii only a handful of times before but Takamina had always been charmed by the girl’s bright smile and how it reminded her of a certain ace close to her heart.  But tonight that smile was gone, the girl’s young face a slack canvas blankly reflecting the chaos of images on the TV screen.

Takamina stopped next to the couch and gently rested a hand on Nakkii’s hunched shoulder.  ”Hey, is everything all right?” she asked softly. 

The girl jolted up in surprise. “Takamina-san!” She began to scramble to her feet but a sudden pressure from Takamina’s hand kept her seated on the couch. 

“It’s okay,” Takamina chuckled.  Nakkii still managed to bow though, which Takamina just accepted.  With a little hop, she settled on the arm of the couch and studied the girl again.  The wide-eyed surprise was starting to fade, Nakkii’s face falling into a drawn look that Takamina had seen often on other members’ faces and on the worst days, even on her own face.  ”Is everything all right?” she asked again.

Nakkii took a breath to answer but paused at Takamina’s stare.  The younger girl’s shoulders slumped heavily as she shook her head.  Nakkii pulled her knees to her chin and wrapped her arms around her legs.  ”My mom wants me to come back home,” she said, her voice flat.  ”She thinks I’m wasting my time.”

Takamina winced in sympathy, though at the same time, she felt a spark of anger on the girl’s behalf.  Takamina knew that for newer members, getting to debut was a huge battle, a battle that some girls had to fight alone - and sometimes never won.  But if there was something that Takamina had learned from being in AKB48, it was that life wasn’t about winning and losing.

She reached out again and rested her palm against Nakkii’s back. “It’s hard to hear that, especially from someone you love,” she said, calming her temper in favor of sympathy.

Nakkii nodded.  Her brow furrowed and she lowered her face down to her knees.  ”I don’t want to leave.”  Her voice shook with tears and Takamina began to rub the girl’s back.  ”This is what I love to do.  But mom was saying that it’s not worth it, that there’s too many members and no matter how hard I try, I won’t ever get noticed -“

“Hey.” Takamina spoke softly, but she firmly cut through Nakkii’s words.  ”Hard work will always be rewarded, do you understand?”  She lifted Nakkii’s head with her other hand and stared straight into the girl’s tear-filled eyes.  Takamina let just a little flame color her voice, giving a low intensity to her tone. 

“People might say that’s a lie or that you’re being naive but that’s because they don’t understand.  It’s not about the reward. It’s about the journey.”  Takamina gently wiped away the tears that had started to spill from Nakkii’s eyes as she continued to speak, words that had taken years for her to understand herself. 

“There’s never going to be a box of treasure at the end of the road. If you think like that, then you’ll find yourself always reaching a dead end.  What matters is the path you take, the people you choose to walk with, and most importantly,” here Takamina took Nakkii’s hands in her own, pressing into them her sincere belief in her following words, “It’s the person you become along the way.”
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:16:30 PM by SWM »

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
I love this!!! Especially the last part! I totally agree with that. For AKB it was the journey, and most girls just enjoy being in the group. 1st few gens didnt expect to be where they are now when they first debuted, they just focused on trying their best, and in the end they were rewarded.

Really love this fic though, great job :D & as Taka & a few ppl mentiond, she said that luck can play a factor, but without hard work nothing can be acheived so I also believe in her words :)

Offline wynaut

• Maeda Atsuko forever my Ace!
  • Member+
  • If you can't be serious, you can't win
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »
Thank you for this!
The title really suits taka!

Takamina whom i respect so much
From being a captain to leader and now general manager
I love Acchan48     maji ni naranakya katenee yo

Offline miayaka

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • ツ twitter account got hacked pls unfollow
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »
It’s the person you become along the way.

SO TRUE!!!!

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Well it's very nice fic.... all fictions there are very interesting and sweet love stories.

Thank you for the fic. and Can't wait to see the next one.

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline gzchenxin

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »
      Well, I love such short and compact stories, which make me more focused on the story~   Love your fictions too much!
       So can I ask the authorization from you to translate these stories to Chinese and share them to Chinese forum?Cuz Chinese government blocked their networks that made it hard for Chinese fans to view such oversea websites. In addition, many of them r not very good at English.  So hope u can give me the permission to transship your fictions, without any business purpose.
      Thanks a lot!    :lol:

Offline SWM

Re: mawaru: fic collection! New: Memory (renairin) 130131
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »
Quick series of drabbles ‘cause I haven’t written something other than entries for the 100 prompts challenge on Tumblr and because Renairin has stolen my heart XD  Inspired by the opening to Younha’s “Memory,” featuring Tablo. Bolded are from the song, which is all sorts of beautiful. (Also, I’m convinced Tablo says “feet” not “face” as is written in many subs.)

Memory
(Rena) and Airin

my eyes

Airi momentarily loses her train of thought when she slides open her phone, derailed by the sudden appearance of Rena’s pouting face on the screen.  She knows by Kanakana’s exasperated sigh that she’s grinning one of her ‘disgusting’ grins but she doesn’t attempt to wipe it off her face.  It stays even when her thoughts return to their track and she remembers the message she was supposed to send.

my ears

She’s in mid-conversation with Churi when her head jerks upward.  Churi is reminded of a meerkat at that moment, what with Airi’s sudden ramrod posture, unblinking eyes and sharply focused stillness.  Churi just rolls her eyes and waits, notices quick glances sent their way from several curious cafe patrons. 

Her patience is rewarded with a sparkle appearing in Airi’s eyes, one she recognizes well.  Churi is already giggling before Airi exclaims, “They’re playing ‘Kareha no Station’!”  Airi blinks in confusion at Kanakana laughter.  “What’s so funny?”

Churi just shook her head in amusement.  “Only Rena puts that look on your face.”

my hands

Airi notices it when she hangs up her coat, a sudden scent that reminds her vividly of Rena.  She turns around sharply in reflex, expecting Rena to be right there, only to find Nishishi staring at her.  “You okay?” Nishishi asks but Airi answers with a frown and a mumbled sentence that sounded suspiciously like, “Something smells like Rena-san.”

But Nishishi’s used to these kind of things and just shrugs.  “Maybe someone’s wearing the same perfume,” is Nishishi’s rational answer.  Later though, Nishishi doesn’t understand why Airi turns bright red when she spots Airi tentatively sniffing at her own fingers.

my feet

“Where do you think you’re going, dork?” Airi lets out a squawk when her forward motion is checked by her brother’s hold on the back of her shirt.  She glares up at him but he points at the sign.  “This isn’t our stop.”

Airi’s eyes widen at her mistake.  She shuffles back to her seat, her blushing face cast downward at her shoes as if wondering when they had gotten used to going to her other home. 

my lips

It’s only after Airi applies the chapstick that she notices the note taped to the cylinder.  She carefully peels it off and blushes instantly when she reads it.  She licks her lips unconsciously as she takes out her phone and keys in a reply. 

“As if I could forget what Rena-san’s lips tastes like.”

my heart

Insomnia drags Airi to her desk - pencil to palm, palm to paper - and she closes her eyes, willing the sheet to become something else.  Gradually, lines and curves begin to find their way through the bends and turns in her veins, creating a silent confession of who was keeping her from sleep that night.

my soul

As Airi gently covers Rena’s bare shoulders with the blanket, she feels more than she hears Rena sigh against her neck.  It’s the barest whisper of her name but it tightens something deep in Airi’s chest, something deeper than any memory, something that seemed to want to whisper back, “I remember you.”

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Photo Album